May 21, 2024, 07:51:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #12 7/29/10 - 8/02/10  (Read 173609 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #820 on: August 01, 2010, 08:58:32 PM »

Thank-you Seeme   an angelic monkey
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #821 on: August 01, 2010, 09:09:10 PM »

My God, I am hoping beyond hope that this next week is when Kyron comes home.  I'm also super anxious to learn about the body in the water and what it turns out to be !!!  xox
With all the LE involved in Kyron's disappearance ... it's my personal opinion that the "body in the water" is a figment of HO's imagination.  Have any of the PDX media picked up on his body/need a diver story?

Hi NewfieMonkey,  You are probaby righ, as I can't imagine if there had actually been signs of  a body the sirens would have been a wailing and the ME's truck on it's way.  It's just a loose end, and I hate those.    ;}

What if it is not a figment of someone imagination? It should be checked out, just to make sure it is nothing.

If his dogs hit on something, then it needs to be checked out!

I agree.

If LE will not offer assistance ... I cannot comprehend why HO does not attempt other avenues to get a diver.  I believe most diving schools would obliged.  Hey ... experienced divers are everywhere.  Considering the mission ... I would assume that there are local divers who would be willing to volunteer their services?

Janet

+++++++

Harry Oakes

NANCY GRACE
Aired July 1, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Tonight, joining us, special guest Harry Oakes with search dog Willow, the owner of International K-9 Search and Rescue. He is searching for Kyron Horman. Harry, thank you for being with us. I understand that you and your dog went to Sauvie Island. What happened?

HARRY OAKES, INTERNATIONAL K-9 SEARCH AND RESCUE: Well, we brought in search dog Willow, search dog Tyler (ph), and introduced them to what`s called cadaver scent, searching a variety of areas. And both dogs alerted at a specific location along a houseboat area. We brought a second search dog team in today independent of our search dog teams, and they confirmed the location. But again, all we know is a dead human. We have no idea who it is.

GRACE:  You stated that your dogs hit. What was the terrain in which they hit? And was it the cadaver scent on which they hit...

OAKES: Yes.

GRACE: ... or was it -- tell me.

OAKES: We used cadaver scent because the family refuses to give us a scent article of Kyron. So all we have to work on is the cadaver scent. And they hit in the water.

GRACE: Well, we`ve got one cadaver hit from Harry Oakes. He is an independent. He is not with the police. Police have taken out their dogs. They did not get a hit.

And it is true, isn`t it, Mr. Harry Oakes, that dogs can hit on a cadaver scent and it could be other human remain? It could be human byproduct and not necessarily a dead body, Mr. Oakes?

OAKES: That`s correct. Anything that -- it could be a rotting shoe that hasn`t been washed. It could be a dirty sock. But they`re not going to give a death alert on that but they will alert on that. But we did get a death alert from three different search dogs that are qualified to search for people on land and

GRACE: I want to clarify something that was said earlier about the Horman family not giving Harry Oakes and his search dogs items of Kyron`s clothing.

They have handed over multiple items to police to use for their tracker dogs. They did not give them to Harry Oakes. They said that they are cooperating with police only. Is that correct, Mr. Oakes?

OAKES: As I know.

GRACE: Repeat?

OAKES: As far as I know that statement is correct. We made multiple pleas to get a scent article. If they`re so concerned about finding their son, who cares who finds him?

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1007/01/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #822 on: August 01, 2010, 09:11:05 PM »

Hi Janet,
You asked how I was doing, the answer is good. I get some answers soon, but a prelim test has come back clear. A gift for the weekend. I am back at work full time and try very hard to not overthink stuff ( what if's ) or think about it at all except when I have to go for all of the appointments. Some days, I actually forget about it. And that is good. Let go and let God is a phrase that has taken on a new meaning.  

I have no idea what you are referencing, I just want to let you know that I have added you to my prayer concerns.

Thank you Tolerance. I was quite ill last year, but things are looking up ! ! Too soon to say cure. Hugs.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 09:17:10 PM by klaasend » Logged
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #823 on: August 01, 2010, 09:29:02 PM »

There are houseboats on Sauvie. I believe in Harry's dogs. Harry, no matter what anyone's personal opinion of him is and the prior issue he had with MCSD  is a trained professional.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: August 01, 2010, 09:41:19 PM »

There are houseboats on Sauvie. I believe in Harry's dogs. Harry, no matter what anyone's personal opinion of him is and the prior issue he had with MCSD  is a trained professional.

Harry hasn't updated his Facebook or Myspace in a couple days so hopefully he is back in Portland right now with a dive team.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #825 on: August 01, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »

Brandi, that's beautiful!

Scandi, the problem between Harry Oakes and LE is egos.  MCSO didn't like it that he and his dogs found a body in an area they had already searched.  (He went there at the request of the mother.)  IIRC, his dogs found the body in water.

So, now they don't want his help, because he made them look bad.  I know he gets angry and stubborn, too.  However, his son went missing when he was older and he really struggled to find him.  I believe he cares about Kyron just like we do.

When a missing child is at stake, as many people need to help as possible.

I know everyone here is very respectful of LE, and you should be, but we need to get away from thinking they are the be all and the end all.  I have two very close family members in LE.  I know, from what I have heard, that there is a lot going on with LE that there shouldn't be.  Too much of what they do is ego driven.  Also, there is so much bungling!  Losing evidence, planting evidence, sexual harassment, racism, etc.  These things, and worse, go on much more than they should. 

What I'm trying to say is that people need to have an open mind about others helping.

Tim Miller has found bodies that LE missed, but he certainly isn't on bad terms with LE.  LE respects Tim Miller and his organization. There's more to the HO story that he isn't telling.
I also believe that Tony, while not included in the investigation, is still able to figure things out for Kaine and Desiree. He has the ability to assess an investigation, and he has a vested interest in this one. I bet the family wouldn't hesitate to call in an outside search team like Tim Miller's group, if they thought it would be helpful. But that decision belongs to the family, and at this point, they seem to want to leave it with MCSO and the FBI. Kyron is their child, and their decisions should be respected, especially since Tony has knowledge and experience as a detective.

The only thing that matters is finding Kyron!

It also matters that evidence is preserved so that the person responsible is made to pay for the crime. HO is huge liability. Any 1st year law student could make a jury dismiss anything found by HO because he's not credible. The public needs let LE and Kyron's family handle the searches.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #826 on: August 01, 2010, 10:00:08 PM »

He has notified MCSO about the alert that the dogs have given him, pdh3!  They haven't done anything.  Evidence?  You mean like the evidence that goes missing from LE evidence rooms all the time?  LE is not perfect.  Many of them are very smart and honorable, but they are able to bungle things up as well as the next person. 

Evidently that is a very dangerous area to search.  It would be nice if LE had some sort of viewing instrument to put down there before a diver goes down.

I'm glad Nancy Grace had HO on.  Maybe the family will finally come up with a scent item.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #827 on: August 01, 2010, 10:02:07 PM »

I feel the same way, Kat_Gram. 

If there is a body down there, it needs to be brought up, whether it's Kyron or not.

Kyron needs to be found.  It doesn't matter who finds him!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: August 01, 2010, 10:06:27 PM »

Brandi, that's beautiful!

Scandi, the problem between Harry Oakes and LE is egos.  MCSO didn't like it that he and his dogs found a body in an area they had already searched.  (He went there at the request of the mother.)  IIRC, his dogs found the body in water.

So, now they don't want his help, because he made them look bad.  I know he gets angry and stubborn, too.  However, his son went missing when he was older and he really struggled to find him.  I believe he cares about Kyron just like we do.

When a missing child is at stake, as many people need to help as possible.

I know everyone here is very respectful of LE, and you should be, but we need to get away from thinking they are the be all and the end all.  I have two very close family members in LE.  I know, from what I have heard, that there is a lot going on with LE that there shouldn't be.  Too much of what they do is ego driven.  Also, there is so much bungling!  Losing evidence, planting evidence, sexual harassment, racism, etc.  These things, and worse, go on much more than they should. 

What I'm trying to say is that people need to have an open mind about others helping.

Tim Miller has found bodies that LE missed, but he certainly isn't on bad terms with LE.  LE respects Tim Miller and his organization. There's more to the HO story that he isn't telling.
I also believe that Tony, while not included in the investigation, is still able to figure things out for Kaine and Desiree. He has the ability to assess an investigation, and he has a vested interest in this one. I bet the family wouldn't hesitate to call in an outside search team like Tim Miller's group, if they thought it would be helpful. But that decision belongs to the family, and at this point, they seem to want to leave it with MCSO and the FBI. Kyron is their child, and their decisions should be respected, especially since Tony has knowledge and experience as a detective.

The only thing that matters is finding Kyron!

It also matters that evidence is preserved so that the person responsible is made to pay for the crime. HO is huge liability. Any 1st year law student could make a jury dismiss anything found by HO because he's not credible. The public needs let LE and Kyron's family handle the searches.

LE refuses to give credibility to the hit by HO's dogs in the waters of Sauvie Island and ... authorities are not diving on.  It would appear that a private dive team is where it is at if this hit is to be investigated.

Private searches take place all the time ... in and out of water.  I believe the protocal would be that anything that is deemed possibly case related is discovered ... to avoid contamination ... authorities would be call in at that point.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #829 on: August 01, 2010, 10:19:41 PM »

If LE is waiting for Terri to tell them anything, they will be waiting a long time.  Her lips seemed to be sealed as tightly as Casey Anthony's.  That's why a physical search needs to be ongoing.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #830 on: August 01, 2010, 10:20:00 PM »

I could be worng but I don't remember Kaine admit to having been dating Terri before he was divorced from Desiree

I think this was discussed to death already.  Honestly, I'm not sure why it matters in the disappearance of Kyron?  Couples cheat/divorce/separate in many different ways and timelines.  In this day and age - if this surprises anyone they need to get out more 

Dunno why ANY of their family issues 'should' matter.  Yet it was Kaine/Desiree who have taken the focus away from Kyron - interview after interview after interview. 

Guess it matters to Desiree, (the grieving birthmom whom we are supposed to be supportive of, right?).  She is the one who told the whole world in that interview that Kaine had cheated on her with Terri.   

It's interesting that when Desiree herself offers the world a glimpse into Kaine's character, many wish to even minimize her words, turn a blind eye, again giving Kaine a pass. 

"There is none so blind as those who will not see."   

And 'let's get back to what is important, finding Kyron'.  Yeah, let's!!  Kaine/Desiree - mom/dad - you go first!!  Focus on your son!!  Yanno, the one that's missing.  Stop with the interviews week after week after week ad nauseum that's filled with nothing about Kyron. 

FGS...

STOP with all the criticism of this grieving family, especially about the same things over and over. In ANY relationship that falls apart, there are two sides. This divorce was no different. Kaine has disputed what Desiree says, and he asked that people move on and focus on KYRON. We will never know what actually happened, and it's really not important to anyone but a few posters who are obsessed with blaming Kaine for whatever they can find. I am so sick of coming here day after day, and finding these kinds of posts. Kaine and Desiree moved past it years ago, and it was their life. Kaine could care less what a few internet posters think about him, I can assure you. He won't lose his career over a personal matter that is over seven years old, and at this point, I don't think he'd care anyway. He would offer up anything he had to get Kyron back, as would Desiree.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #831 on: August 01, 2010, 10:36:58 PM »

I should have quoted Gypsy DD

Come on folks..those tow individuals are the ones looking for Kyron, honest with LE and have bared their souls.  How hard do you think it is for either of them to go on national TV and Kaine admit to having been dating Terri before he was divorced from Desiree

He didn't was all I was trying to say then I got carried away

He didn't, because he has a different viewpoint on what happened, which is his right.

AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #832 on: August 01, 2010, 10:40:36 PM »

Seeme, would you mind if I take some of the Kyron pics from your pb?

I looked at your Caylee albums... AMAZING! Great archive. I have not followed the case closely at all, but your collection is excellent.

Thanks to you too Brandi, we have swiped several of your pics too Smile

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #833 on: August 01, 2010, 10:41:18 PM »

I could be worng but I don't remember Kaine admit to having been dating Terri before he was divorced from Desiree

I think this was discussed to death already.  Honestly, I'm not sure why it matters in the disappearance of Kyron?  Couples cheat/divorce/separate in many different ways and timelines.  In this day and age - if this surprises anyone they need to get out more 

Dunno why ANY of their family issues 'should' matter.  Yet it was Kaine/Desiree who have taken the focus away from Kyron - interview after interview after interview. 

Guess it matters to Desiree, (the grieving birthmom whom we are supposed to be supportive of, right?).  She is the one who told the whole world in that interview that Kaine had cheated on her with Terri.   

It's interesting that when Desiree herself offers the world a glimpse into Kaine's character, many wish to even minimize her words, turn a blind eye, again giving Kaine a pass. 

"There is none so blind as those who will not see."   

And 'let's get back to what is important, finding Kyron'.  Yeah, let's!!  Kaine/Desiree - mom/dad - you go first!!  Focus on your son!!  Yanno, the one that's missing.  Stop with the interviews week after week after week ad nauseum that's filled with nothing about Kyron. 

FGS...

STOP with all the criticism of this grieving family, especially about the same things over and over. In ANY relationship that falls apart, there are two sides. This divorce was no different. Kaine has disputed what Desiree says, and he asked that people move on and focus on KYRON. We will never know what actually happened, and it's really not important to anyone but a few posters who are obsessed with blaming Kaine for whatever they can find. I am so sick of coming here day after day, and finding these kinds of posts. Kaine and Desiree moved past it years ago, and it was their life. Kaine could care less what a few internet posters think about him, I can assure you. He won't lose his career over a personal matter that is over seven years old, and at this point, I don't think he'd care anyway. He would offer up anything he had to get Kyron back, as would Desiree.

I don't take orders from you.  You have the choice of scrolling on by my posts. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: August 01, 2010, 10:41:51 PM »

Kaine and Desiree are doing exactly what they need to do to keep this case alive.  If they don't do interviews and LE doesn't do press conferences then how many people would continue to follow this case.  Well, there would be a few of us and a million conspiracies going around none of which will help find Kyron.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #835 on: August 01, 2010, 10:44:33 PM »

I will add though sea ... who knew that Oregon of all places had such a glut of landscapers!    

One thing's for sure, Oregon is beautiful.  Those landscapers are doing something right.  lol

LOL okay guys I live in Oregon and it is a beautiful state! I have never heard of so many landscapers...must be a Portland thing!

Maybe it is! 

AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #836 on: August 01, 2010, 10:45:21 PM »

Kaine and Desiree are doing exactly what they need to do to keep this case alive.  If they don't do interviews and LE doesn't do press conferences then how many people would continue to follow this case.  Well, there would be a few of us and a million conspiracies going around none of which will help find Kyron.

Now THERE is a good point. Sheesh, we eat the victims for breakfast lunch AND dinner.

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #837 on: August 01, 2010, 10:46:37 PM »

I made a Kyron album in my photobucket. I'll add more as I have time.....

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f13/Caylee_Is_Missing/Kyron%20Horman/

Thanks seeme!  Love this pic too!  You and Brandi are spoiling us!   

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #838 on: August 01, 2010, 10:48:41 PM »

He has notified MCSO about the alert that the dogs have given him, pdh3!  They haven't done anything.  Evidence?  You mean like the evidence that goes missing from LE evidence rooms all the time?  LE is not perfect.  Many of them are very smart and honorable, but they are able to bungle things up as well as the next person. 

Evidently that is a very dangerous area to search.  It would be nice if LE had some sort of viewing instrument to put down there before a diver goes down.

I'm glad Nancy Grace had HO on.  Maybe the family will finally come up with a scent item.

You would think a person would be happy if Mr Oakes or another independent group searching would find Kyron, if he is deceased. I can't understand why that would matter, at least others are interested in searching for him. LE in that area can just do so much, it is not like they have unlimited money and they certainly have other cases that are important as well to solve.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: August 01, 2010, 10:50:27 PM »

I should have quoted Gypsy DD

Come on folks..those tow individuals are the ones looking for Kyron, honest with LE and have bared their souls.  How hard do you think it is for either of them to go on national TV and Kaine admit to having been dating Terri before he was divorced from Desiree

He didn't was all I was trying to say then I got carried away

You are right Blonde!  Not only was Kaine not the one who revealed that he was having an affair with Terri when Desiree was eight months pregnant with Kyron ... he justified it!

Janet

+++++

Little Boy Lost
Report airs Monday, July 26, 10 p.m./9 C on Dateline NBC
by Kate Snow
NBC News
updated 7/26/2010 6:51:10 PM ET

TRANSCRIPT

DESIREE YOUNG: He wanted to come live with us. He expressed that on several occasions. And just several times he would just break down and just sob because he wanted to stay.

Kaine, Kyron's father, says he didn't see a change in Kyron, but Desiree wonders if she should have acted on her gut feeling, because she and Tony now believe not only that Terri was involved in Kyron's disappearance, but that it had been in the works for a while

DESIREE YOUNG: Unfortunately, Kaine was not faithful to me and met another woman.

KATE SNOW: That was Terri?

DESIREE YOUNG: Mm-hmm.

KATE SNOW: So all of the sudden you know that there's another woman. You're eight months pregnant.

DESIREE YOUNG: Yeah.

KATE SNOW: Must have been a low point in your life.

DESIREE YOUNG: Yeah. It was pretty hard to handle. I cried solid for two months and didn't leave the bedroom because I didn't understand why she somehow equated to something that was better than me and my son.

Kaine, however, insists that he and Desiree had broken up before he stated seeing Terri, agreeing to live separate lives under the same roof just until their baby came along.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38420266

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.