May 22, 2024, 06:22:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anna Nicole Smith Marshall  (Read 197606 times)
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2006, 11:34:24 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Quote from: "pdh3"
I think it's unethical for a lawyer to have a sexual relationship with a client.  He says they have been together for a while, so was Howard still her lawyer, as well as her lover?  Shocked

If you didn't see an episode of her show when it aired, I thought Howard was as kooky as Anna Nicole, and found him strange from the get-go. I feel very sorry for the loss of Daniel, I just find AN and her attachments peculiar and often misguided.

Agreed. This guy was a 1st class whack a doo.

How's None today? Wink

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2006, 11:58:24 AM »

Laughing whack a doo? ROFL can I borrow that one?  Laughing

I'm struggling with insomnia this week but I'm still standing?  Very Happy

I continue to stand with the girl.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2006, 05:23:05 PM »

Quote from: "pdh3"
I think it's unethical for a lawyer to have a sexual relationship with a client.  He says they have been together for a while, so was Howard still her lawyer, as well as her lover?  Shocked

If you didn't see an episode of her show when it aired, I thought Howard was as kooky as Anna Nicole, and found him strange from the get-go. I feel very sorry for the loss of Daniel, I just find AN and her attachments peculiar and often misguided.

Too many dollars, not enough sense.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2006, 09:49:13 PM »

Pathologist: Anna Nicole Smith's Son Died From Combination of Methadone, Antidepressants

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico  — Anna Nicole Smith's 20-year-old son died from a lethal combination of methadone and two antidepressant drugs, a pathologist who conducted a private autopsy on the body said Wednesday.

Toxicology tests showed Daniel Smith had methadone, Zoloft and Lexapro in his system when he died Sept. 10 in a hospital room in the Bahamas where his former Playboy playmate mother was recuperating from giving birth to a daughter, according to Cyril Wecht.

"The fact that we have these drugs and the levels of the drugs overwhelmingly and most logically point to this being a tragic, accidental, drug-related death," Wecht told The Associated Press from his home in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area.

Click Here for the Anna Nicole Smith Celebrity Center

Wecht said Smith apparently died from a "classical" combination of the drugs which had a lethal "cumulative effect on the central nervous system."

"Coroners working around the country, we see this in people taking two or three drugs or more," he said.

Smith had been reported to be suffering from depression in the weeks before he went to the Bahamas to visit his reality TV star mom and his newborn half-sister. Zoloft and Lexapro are antidepressants commonly prescribed for patients with anxiety and panic disorders.

Methadone, a pain-reliever, is also commonly used by people recovering from drug addictions.

"It is used for people who have been on heroin or morphine," Wecht said. "I have made those inquiries. I can only say to you no one has suggested anything having to do with drug addiction in this boy."

Wecht said he would share his results Thursday with the pathologist who conducted the official autopsy in the Bahamas, but did not know whether they would issue a joint report on the death.

In Nassau, Chief Magistrate Roger Gomez said he has not yet received official toxicology results, which will determine whether or not a jury inquest into the death is necessary.

Smith's body remained at a Bahamas funeral home hired by the family Wednesday.

Howard K. Stern, a lawyer for Anna Nicole Smith who was in the hospital room when Daniel died, told CNN's "Larry King Live" on Tuesday that he is the father of the 3-week-old baby girl, Dannie Lynn Hope.

But photographer Larry Birkhead, a former boyfriend of Anna Nicole Smith, told Us Weekly magazine that he's the father and is seeking a DNA test to prove it.

Stern said he plans to marry Smith "at some point."

"Right now we have to somehow get through what we're going through," said Stern, adding: "And I'll tell you, our baby is the one ray of hope."

Daniel Smith, who appeared several times on the E! reality series "The Anna Nicole Show," was the son of Anna Nicole and Bill Smith, who married in 1985 and divorced two years later.

Anna Nicole married Texas oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall II in 1994, when she was 26 and he was 89. He died the following year and she has since been involved in legal disputes over the estate.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,216185,00.html
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2006, 10:48:27 PM »

Congrats, Carnut, for figuring it out before we did.

I never saw any of the Anna Nicole show episodes.

I like Howard K. Smith and I'm very glad he is the father and not the other guy.

I'm sorry to hear Daniel was taking Methadone. Zoloft and Lexapro and very soft core antidepressants in my opinion, as I've tried both. But the Methadone means he was trying to recover from heroin and that is troubling. So there is more to the story but there is no point to rake Daniel over the coals now.

I hope like crazy that Anna and the baby and Howard can get on with their lives as soon as possible.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2006, 05:57:10 AM »

Laughing whack a doo? ROFL can I borrow that one?  Laughing

I'm struggling with insomnia this week but I'm still standing?  Very Happy

Of course you can....

I got it from Tony Soprano!   LOL    Wink

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2006, 06:00:23 AM »

Methadone?

Now this makes sense.   I just saw a show on how many people are overdosing on methadone.....I don't have all the technical jargon, but the show stated that sometimes when people start methandone, it is not effective right away and they take a little more than they should and that little bit more can kill you....

I may be wrong, but I also remember on the show that people take methadone for other reasons than just heroin....

In any event this is very very sad....

Poor kid.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2006, 09:10:17 AM »

Wonder if the kid was using methadone as a legal substitute for when the 'real thing' wasn't reddily available.
Mrsn2itiv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2006, 11:13:36 AM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Methadone?

Now this makes sense.   I just saw a show on how many people are overdosing on methadone.....I don't have all the technical jargon, but the show stated that sometimes when people start methandone, it is not effective right away and they take a little more than they should and that little bit more can kill you....

I may be wrong, but I also remember on the show that people take methadone for other reasons than just heroin....

In any event this is very very sad....

Poor kid.

Yes, I know of a senior citizen  who was prescribed methadose for a severe pain.  The pain was so bad that she took more and more.  This is a controlled drug so I so not know why the Dr did not stay on top of things better but as a result from lack of communications between patient/Dr, this person is now addicted to that drug. I deal with this person as the Dr slowly takes her off.....it is not a pretty situation.  The pain is worse coming off of this than the original pain. This person asks for any pill they can have just to try and stop the pain... (and secretly self medicates if is not given anything) IMO it is the result of coming off of methadose because I first met this person while they were on "regular" doses and I have watch as the Dr takes a pill away at a time how in a matter of days this person is raging and in tumoil for the pain that has now moved from just one location to all over.  Crying or Very sad

So when I read that Vicky Lynn's son died after a bad combination of drugs...it made sense to me from what I have seen with this other person.  So, yeah I believe the drug was invented to keep herroin addicts legal (sorry--but IMO it doesn't stop the addiction), it is used for other things and so far I havent heard of any success stories about anyone using this drug.  

I cannot begin to imagine the pain of losing my only child and best friend as I bring in a new life.
How does one combine total dispare with utter joy?   Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
[/size]

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.  RWE
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2006, 06:49:57 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"

I'm sorry to hear Daniel was taking Methadone. Zoloft and Lexapro and very soft core antidepressants in my opinion, as I've tried both. But the Methadone means he was trying to recover from heroin and that is troubling. So there is more to the story but there is no point to rake Daniel over the coals now.

Louise I watched the same show that Jaqueline mentioned. It was just last week.

On the show they were saying it was being used for pain. Not just heroin addiction. On the show they were telling how quite a few deaths have occured with just 1 pill. So it is possible this is what may have occured. I will try to find a link to the transcript from that show. Also since he had those other drugs in his system it could have potentiated the effects of the methadone.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2006, 07:58:57 PM »

Sorry Louise,

the tv show was 20/20 and it cost $20 for there transcripts.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2006, 11:31:12 AM »

Anna and longtime attorney Howard K. Stern marry.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2006, 11:34:58 AM »

complete with Dom Perignon? something is not right here.....

I continue to stand with the girl.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2006, 05:45:54 PM »

complete with Dom Perignon? something is not right here.....

Who thought anything about Anna 'was' right?
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2006, 06:04:44 PM »

Report: Anna Nicole 'marries' lawyer boyfriend
POSTED: 11:51 a.m. EDT, September 29, 2006

NASSAU, Bahamas (AP) -- Reality TV star Anna Nicole Smith exchanged vows with boyfriend Howard K. Stern on a boat near Nassau but there was no formal marriage and the ceremony is "not legally binding," her attorney, Michael Scott, said Friday.

The exchange of vows took place aboard a catamaran Thursday, 18 days after Smith's 20-year-old son Daniel Smith died as he was visiting her in a Nassau hospital, where she had given birth to a baby girl, Scott said.

The couple "exchanged vows before God" but did not obtain a marriage license, Scott told The Associated Press. Stern says he is the father of the baby of the 38-year-old former Playboy playmate. An ex-boyfriend has disagreed.

The 38-year-old former Playboy playmate has been mourning the death of her son. Three days earlier, her daughter was born at the same hospital where he died.

Cyril Wecht, a forensic pathologist hired by Smith, said her son died from a combination of two antidepressants and methadone. A Nassau funeral home has been holding the remains while awaiting instructions on burial arrangements.

Anna Nicole Smith has been married twice.

She married Bill Smith in 1985, giving birth to Daniel Smith before divorcing two years later.

She wed Texas oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall II in 1994, when she was 26 and he was 89. He died the following year. She has since been involved in legal disputes over the estate.

Authorities in the Bahamas were awaiting their own toxicology results and a police report on Daniel Smith's death to determine whether a jury inquest is necessary.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

THERE IS SOMETHING STRANGE ABOUT ALL THIS.

I get the feeling that the ex boyfriend is the father of her baby.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2006, 12:58:40 PM »

It is very weird. Anna Nicole leads a very chaotic life, and I feel bad for the baby. She is just a few days old, and already surrounded by controversy.  Sad

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2006, 11:43:17 PM »

Anna Nicole Smith's lead attorney in the Bahamas said Wednesday he has withdrawn as counsel for the reality TV star, citing disagreements on matters of strategy and concerns about her conduct.

Michael Scott said he was unsettled by Smith's decision to exchange vows with her boyfriend even before she made funeral arrangements for Daniel Smith, her 20-year-old son who died Sept. 10. People magazine bought photos of the ceremony, which was not a legal wedding and was held aboard a catamaran on Sept. 28 in waters off Nassau, Bahamas.

"A disagreement on a commercial transaction made it difficult for us to remain as counsel," Scott told The Associated Press over the phone.

A Nassau funeral home has been holding Daniel Smith's embalmed body while awaiting further instructions from the family. He died while visiting Smith in a Bahamas hospital where she had given birth to a daughter three days earlier.

Bahamian police investigating Smith's death expect to submit their report as early as this week to authorities who will determine whether a jury inquest is necessary.

Cyril Wecht, a forensic pathologist who conducted a private autopsy, concluded that he died from a lethal combination of methadone and two antidepressants.

Scott, who was also the attorney for Daniel Smith's estate, said he decided to withdraw effective Tuesday after consulting with his partners. He said he has notified Anna Nicole Smith in writing.
"It was not really an amicable parting," said Scott, reached on his cell phone in Florida.

Scott cited disagreements with Smith's boyfriend and longtime attorney Howard K. Stern, who says he is the father of Anna Nicole's newborn daughter.

There were "strong differences of opinion between myself and Howard over strategies," said Scott, who declined to elaborate, citing attorney-client privilege.
A birth certificate at a Nassau registry, a copy of which was obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press, lists Stern as the father of the baby girl, Dannielynn Hope Marshall Stern.

A lawsuit filed by Larry Birkhead, a former boyfriend of the former Playboy playmate, claims he is the girl's father and demands that mother and daughter return to California for DNA paternity testing. A hearing in the case has been scheduled for Oct. 26 in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Smith, who was born 38 years ago in Mexia, Texas, as Vickie Lynn Hogan, has been married twice.

In 1985 she wed Bill Smith, her co-worker at a Texas restaurant, and gave birth to Daniel before divorcing two years later. And in 1994, she married Texas oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall II, when she was 26 and he was 89. He died the following year. She has since been embroiled in a legal dispute over his multimillion-dollar estate.

____

Associated Press writer Jessica Robertson contributed to this report from Nassau, Bahamas.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2006, 11:15:51 AM »

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=163819

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2006, 11:32:15 AM »

This just keeps getting stranger and stranger.  I can't imagine someone buying a mansion as a favor... maybe if I get a boob job I can ask someone to do that for me?  Give me a break... there are some real idiots out there!

Thanks for posting the latest Jacquie!  Good entertainment.  Laughing
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2006, 12:28:35 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"
This just keeps getting stranger and stranger.  I can't imagine someone buying a mansion as a favor... maybe if I get a boob job I can ask someone to do that for me?  Give me a break... there are some real idiots out there!

Thanks for posting the latest Jacquie!  Good entertainment.  Laughing

You're welcome !

Truth, stranger then fiction  Laughing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.