May 03, 2024, 04:09:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #839 6/14/10 - 6/17/10  (Read 481139 times)
Jo-An
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1300 on: June 16, 2010, 01:52:30 PM »

O/T Bad news for all Peter de Vries fans, he has a new lover, 17 years his junior and she´s the editor in chief at a couple of RTL-shows.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1301 on: June 16, 2010, 01:53:37 PM »

can - no problem; that's the way we all heard it at the time.
ty.  Guess I have a few bits of memory left>emphasis on bits!

Speculation was that is why Greta went to the monkey cage (abutting Sloot's property) daily to feed it.  Bet Paulus just loved that!!!!
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1302 on: June 16, 2010, 01:55:48 PM »

Oh gosh - I had forgotten about that monkey. Wonder whatever became of it?

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1303 on: June 16, 2010, 01:55:55 PM »

msmarple
Thanks for setting us straight on the phone call..

I have never herd it that way before especially the Florida origination..

I have to now go back and pull the original post on that phone call.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1304 on: June 16, 2010, 01:56:20 PM »

O/T Bad news for all Peter de Vries fans, he has a new lover, 17 years his junior and she´s the editor in chief at a couple of RTL-shows.

uh oh...but what about his wife?!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1305 on: June 16, 2010, 01:56:23 PM »

http://stephww.wordpress.com/2010/06/16/aruba-cnn-got-it-wrong/
Tim  Miller from Texas Eqqusearch, who is on the island with Dave Holloway, responds to the inaccurate reports in the media. “Dave has waited five years for a break in the case of his missing daughter. It has been very difficult on him. Now for the first time in five years, he feels as though things are moving in a positive forward direction.  He has been on the island working closely with authorities. Dave is not going to risk being misquoted, so please allow him his privacy.  Its not worth doing a story now that could interfere with the investigation. Please be patient and we will all hopefully have a much bigger story very soon.”
_____
Can I ask how Monkeys feel about Tim Miller's recent, umm, optimisim? He seems to me to be delusional so I would greatly appreciate your opinions if you believe, along with Tim, that something is happening, or Tim is just fooling himself? I'm not sure I'm saying this right, but I just get the impression from Tim that's he hopeful something is about to break in the Natalee case and I for one don't think Aruba is going to ever disclose where/when/how (we know who)

Since I don't know what Tim knows I am certainly not going to pass judgment...but, delusional is not a term I would ever apply to Tim Miller. I do think Dave is hopeful that, this time, aruba will do the right thing......I disagree and will be in line to be one of the first to apologize if I am wrong.....IMO Tim is simply relaying Dave's feelings .

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
BUCKSHOT
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1306 on: June 16, 2010, 02:00:18 PM »

thanks to everyone for the replies re: the alleged phone call(s).

Another question:

has Aruba EVER turned over any of the investigation files to the Holloways?

As the case has been essentially closed, would they not be able to ask for these files and receive them?  (ala McCanns with Portugal)

tia.

No, absolutely not. Corruption always fears transparency.

They have done more than ask, they have pleaded for them, I am sure.
(a) in the past, they have always wanted to keep this case "perpetually" opened so that turnover of docs would not have to occur. Their reason for not turning them over could forever be "This is an ongoing investigation. We do not want to compromise it."
(b) Will they be authentic? Considering a few known facts (as far as I am concerned) ...**Beth's very first statement to police was altered? **Will they include the infamous sympathetic statement made by Jacobs "She is probably in a crackhouse. This happens all the time. Go to the bar and get a few drinks and she will probably show up. How much money do you have? By the way, I need to shave and eat my FrostedFlakes" **Will they list the name of the person who magically changed blood into chocolate? **How will they address their "on-the-spot" determinations that discovered evidence was immediately deemed irrelevant to the case? Will they explain the need for painting rocks white in the middle of the desert on the northewrn end of the island? The list could go on and on, really...

They will have to re-create their evidence. I am sure it will be touched on in their meeting with Joran...

So, to answer your question. I am not sure if the family, or other accredited agency, will ever get their hands on the file. Not to mention the fact that its integrity will be zero, which is equal to the credibility of Aruba law enforcement.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1307 on: June 16, 2010, 02:00:26 PM »

-el comercio peru

Police denies pressure on Van der Sloot to confess crime

An American blog Fow News Agency said Dutchman stamped signature false confession to police pressure
Wednesday June 16, 2010 - 11:50 am

The head of the Homicide Division of the National Police, PNP Colonel Miguel Canlla Ore, said yesterday that the Dutchman Joran van der Sloot (22), accused of the crime of Stephany Ramirez Flores, was never pressured to sign a confession .

"The seven steps taken by the murder were made in the presence of a prosecutor, defense attorney of the citizen Dutchman and the translator appointed by the Embassy of Netherlands in Peru, "said Canlla.

An American blog, the website of the agency Fox News , said that Joran had a signature different from his passport in his confession under pressure from the Peruvian police. "There was no pressure or false signature. It acted in accordance with the law and respect the rights of Joran, referred Canlla

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://elcomercio.pe/&ei=VgMZTOHLHYOC8gavs6X9AQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB8Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Del%2Bcomercio%2Bperu%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26rls%3Dig

WHAT?  Fox News made something up?

ROTFLMAO..you don't get that opportunity too often!!  GO KLAAS

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1308 on: June 16, 2010, 02:01:07 PM »

STFU GRETA!!!

DOUBLE DITTO!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1309 on: June 16, 2010, 02:02:38 PM »

-LA REPUBLICA

Waiver Van der Sloot's lawyer
Wed, 16/06/2010 - 09:29

Death threats. Maximum Highness fears for his family. Since taking the case, he says, have not ceased to send intimidating emails. Meanwhile, father of Stephany implicates the FBI for failing to catch the Dutchman.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.larepublica.pe/&ei=PQQZTKicLMO88gblu_3CDA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dla%2Brepublica%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26rls%3Dig

here we go.....Greta talks to the family and now they speak out against the FBI....way to go Greta!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1310 on: June 16, 2010, 02:02:53 PM »

I am going to attempt, from memory, to explain the mysterious phone call.

IIRC, a young man, Mtn. Brook student who did NOT go on the trip, received an odd phone call. There were NO human voices. (Beth Holloway, a speech therapist, underscored that point.) There were background noises that might have been monkeys or birds, plus wind or movement as a car.

It was at an odd time of the night, and it was the night Natalee went missing.

This fellow thought it might be important in some way.

The call was made from a Florida telephone number. The family to whom the number belonged was interviewed by the FBI. There was child who probably was fooling around with the phone. There was no connection between this family and Natalee.

The call had absolutely nothing to do with Natalee, anyone on the trip, or Aruba. It was just the timing that made it worth checking out.

I know people cling to that phone call, but I can assure you that Beth, Dave, Art Wood, and the FBI dismissed it long ago.

thank you ~ I appreciate it.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1311 on: June 16, 2010, 02:03:35 PM »

-LA REPUBLICA

Waiver Van der Sloot's lawyer
Wed, 16/06/2010 - 09:29

Death threats. Maximum Highness fears for his family. Since taking the case, he says, have not ceased to send intimidating emails. Meanwhile, father of Stephany implicates the FBI for failing to catch the Dutchman.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.larepublica.pe/&ei=PQQZTKicLMO88gblu_3CDA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dla%2Brepublica%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26rls%3Dig

here we go.....Greta talks to the family and now they speak out against the FBI....way to go Greta!!
I unfortunately was waiting for this to happen.
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1312 on: June 16, 2010, 02:04:47 PM »

thanks to everyone for the replies re: the alleged phone call(s).

Another question:

has Aruba EVER turned over any of the investigation files to the Holloways?

As the case has been essentially closed, would they not be able to ask for these files and receive them?  (ala McCanns with Portugal)

tia.

No, absolutely not. Corruption always fears transparency.

They have done more than ask, they have pleaded for them, I am sure.
(a) in the past, they have always wanted to keep this case "perpetually" opened so that turnover of docs would not have to occur. Their reason for not turning them over could forever be "This is an ongoing investigation. We do not want to compromise it."
(b) Will they be authentic? Considering a few known facts (as far as I am concerned) ...**Beth's very first statement to police was altered? **Will they include the infamous sympathetic statement made by Jacobs "She is probably in a crackhouse. This happens all the time. Go to the bar and get a few drinks and she will probably show up. How much money do you have? By the way, I need to shave and eat my FrostedFlakes" **Will they list the name of the person who magically changed blood into chocolate? **How will they address their "on-the-spot" determinations that discovered evidence was immediately deemed irrelevant to the case? Will they explain the need for painting rocks white in the middle of the desert on the northewrn end of the island? The list could go on and on, really...

They will have to re-create their evidence. I am sure it will be touched on in their meeting with Joran...

So, to answer your question. I am not sure if the family, or other accredited agency, will ever get their hands on the file. Not to mention the fact that its integrity will be zero, which is equal to the credibility of Aruba law enforcement.

bastards.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Jo-An
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1313 on: June 16, 2010, 02:06:32 PM »

They have an open relationship. *roll eyes* She´s totally fine with it.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1314 on: June 16, 2010, 02:10:53 PM »

can - no problem; that's the way we all heard it at the time.

Also-I remember Jug saying that in the wee hours of [ B'ham time ] that night/morning, their landline [ in another room ] rang, but he did not get out of bed to answer it.  That's before he knew she was in distress.   Beth remember, was on her "girls' getaway"  in Arkansas. 

That's always remained a mystery for me, as I've not seen it addressed since, but am still curious.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1315 on: June 16, 2010, 02:12:12 PM »

O/T - Darla is out of surgery and doing well. Will hopefully be home tomorrow!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1316 on: June 16, 2010, 02:13:20 PM »

They have an open relationship. *roll eyes* She´s totally fine with it.

open relationship huh...........Anna will be very happy to know this....she is no home wrecker ya know!!  <wink to anna>

Rest in Peace Caylee

thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1317 on: June 16, 2010, 02:14:28 PM »

Hello everyone.  Hope all are well...
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1318 on: June 16, 2010, 02:14:57 PM »

it's always enlightening to come here to read, and it's time now for me to go to work.

But just one last thing I want to say:  so many people in this world think that the Aruba Boycott was a horrible, mean-spirited thing for Beth to do.

If the rest of the world only knew the many twists and turns, the intricacies of the corruption that has taken place just with this case, would they understand a bit better? 

Have a great day, everyone.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
BUCKSHOT
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1319 on: June 16, 2010, 02:15:20 PM »

Deepak and Satish are probably on "house arrest" untill of this blows over and further notice is given.

"Freddy knows the truth." Oh Freddy, where are you? Are you ready to talk?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.