May 17, 2024, 11:28:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 728664 times)
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #920 on: November 10, 2009, 11:29:16 AM »

gotta disagree with Pat Brown. 

I feel that the killer most likely got rid of these items - didn't keep them as souvenirs.

And if the killer hadn't already gotten rid of them, he will now that their descriptions are public.

yep...agreed with you on this...

Well that could be a good thing if he gets nervous and decides to dispose of them or already has.  Maybe just one more piece to the puzzle if these items are found. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #921 on: November 10, 2009, 11:37:01 AM »

I feel that the killer most likely got rid of these items - didn't keep them as souvenirs.

And if the killer hadn't already gotten rid of them, he will now that their descriptions are public.

Well that could be a good thing if he gets nervous and decides to dispose of them or already has.  Maybe just one more piece to the puzzle if these items are found. 

Hey Fat cat...always good to see you...

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #922 on: November 10, 2009, 12:29:52 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-23328-True-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d10-Somer-Thompson-murder-new-leads-no-break-as-case-remains-on-forefront
Somer Thompson update: armed with new leads, detectives hunt child-killer
November 10, 12:53 AMTrue Crime ExaminerIvy Bigbee

Somer Thompson, 7, of Orange Park, Florida, was abducted during her walk home from school, on Oct. 19, 2009. Somer's body was recovered three days later from a regional landfill. Clay County police have received 3,300 leads to date, although no one has been implicated in the case that has shocked and angered northeast Florida, and beyond.   (family photograph)

Though Orange Park, Florida police say they have acquired new leads for their investigation, Somer Thompson's killer remains at large.

Retaining his freedom, this child-murderer experiences privileges enjoyed by society--including, and especially--those who are searching unceasingly for him. 

To close the case, one piece of information--a single tip--might deliver justice for Somer, and put  away a monster that might otherwise strike again.

Although the agency has not named a suspect, after program host, John Walsh, recounted the murder during Saturday's "America's Most Wanted" TV show, new information may have come to light, says spokesperson Mary Justino, of the Clay County (FL) Sheriff's Office in Orange Park.

"We have now received 3,300 leads," says Justino: possible clues to a brutal abduction/murder confounding the quiet community near Jacksonville, adding " ... detective teams continue working to follow up on all remaining [plausible tips]."

Justino notes, "Over the weekend, there was a brief increase in the frequency of calls to the tip line as a result of the Somer Thompson case being featured on 'America's Most Wanted Saturday evening," during which, Justino relates, "  ... some new information [was] provided by callers," prompting additional probes by detectives.   
Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler directs an all-out, multi-agency search for the person who took 7-year-old Somer, during her Oct. 19 afternoon walk home from Grove Park Elementary School.  Whoever killed Somer then disposed of her body in trash.

In the 7:06 PM police report, filed after the girl failed to arrive home at her usual time--around 3--her mother, Diena, 34, related that Somer had been involved in a tiff at school, that the girl had run ahead of her siblings after being teased.

Somer disappeared near a vacant house that soon fell under police scrutiny, but no evidence of her, or of any struggle, came to light.

On the third day after Somer's disappearance, her body was recovered from a regional landfill, some 55 miles away. Clay County police had targeted neighborhood-specific landfills, where after combing through 100 tons of refuse, the second grader's body was uncovered.

As a follow-up to "America's Most Wanted," on 11/07, police released via the media sketches of missing school bags Somer had been carrying at the time she vanished.

The bright pink bags--including a round lunch box and book tote, have distinctive designs, including a pink pig's face on the lunch box.  The tote is styled with hearts, skull and stars.

Anyone having information possibly relating to Somer Thompson's murder can call or email Clay County police, whose contacts appear below.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Clay County (Florida) Sheriff's Office tips line:  1-877-227-6911

Email:  cart@claysheriff.com

I sure hope that the POS that did this is watching the news or reading, and starts to stumble. Just one little mistake is all it's going to take to find this monster! I hope he starts thinking that every person he sees knows who he is and what he's done, and I hope he trips up soon!

candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #923 on: November 10, 2009, 01:05:04 PM »

Diena sit down with Dr Phil

Thursday - November 12, 2009

Dr Phil

Abducted by a Predator
It seems that every day we hear stories about women and children being abducted by strangers, and oftentimes never found alive. Recent news stories include the disappearance of Morgan Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student who went missing during a Metallica concert, and 7-year-old Somer Thompson who was kidnapped and murdered while walking home from school. The parents of the victims speak out about their emotional struggles. Do you know the top methods predators use to lure women and children? And, are you posting information on social networking Web sites that could put you in danger? Tune in to find out legal, forensic and defense experts' advice for spotting predators, avoiding abduction and fighting off attackers.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #924 on: November 10, 2009, 03:00:17 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/CountyByCounty/CountyStories/2009/11/9/3000_tips_received_in_somer_thompson_case.html
 3,000+ Tips Received In Somer Thompson Case
Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:17:12 AM
ORANGE PARK -- According to the Clay County Sheriff’s Office, they have now received more than 3,000 tips in the Somer Thompson case.

Over the weekend, more calls came in to the tip line as a result of the case being featured on "America's Most Wanted" Saturday evening.     

Some tips came directly to the local tip line, while others were phoned into the "America's Most Wanted" studios in Washington.

So far, none of the tips have resulted in a break in the case or an arrest of a suspect.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
monkey deep
Scared Monkey

Look deep into the truth before you speak the fact

« Reply #925 on: November 10, 2009, 03:39:25 PM »

I honestly don't understand how they don't have ANY thing to go on or ANy one to call a person of interest. I though for sure this was going to be a open/close case being everything happend so fast including finding the body. I have already noticed parents becoming laxed with thier kids again around here. Everyone was so paranoid about Holloween and now I see little girl's around Somer's age just walking around our neighborhood without a parent in sight. It scares me and I'll be danged if I'm letting my kids out of my sight. I mean how hard is it for a parent to sit outside while the kids play for 30 minutes or an hour?

I hope and pray that LE has way more then thier letting out to the public, if not this could go on forever and never be solved just like so many other cases, it breaks my heart. I want Justice for Somer and the other innocent children.

The lies you tell only stack the evidence against yourself, NOT the people you lie about!
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #926 on: November 10, 2009, 05:31:37 PM »

true.  But I think it might be a miracle if they are found.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #927 on: November 10, 2009, 05:34:23 PM »

I honestly don't understand how they don't have ANY thing to go on or ANy one to call a person of interest. I though for sure this was going to be a open/close case being everything happend so fast including finding the body. I have already noticed parents becoming laxed with thier kids again around here. Everyone was so paranoid about Holloween and now I see little girl's around Somer's age just walking around our neighborhood without a parent in sight. It scares me and I'll be danged if I'm letting my kids out of my sight. I mean how hard is it for a parent to sit outside while the kids play for 30 minutes or an hour?

I hope and pray that LE has way more then thier letting out to the public, if not this could go on forever and never be solved just like so many other cases, it breaks my heart. I want Justice for Somer and the other innocent children.

I thought the same as you - that it would be solved quickly.

It's horrible that it's not.

Wasn't there a predator patrol or something like that being formed by parents right after Somer's death?  Do you know if they got it off the ground?

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #928 on: November 10, 2009, 05:35:54 PM »

Dr Phil

Abducted by a Predator
It seems that every day we hear stories about women and children being abducted by strangers, and oftentimes never found alive. Recent news stories include the disappearance of Morgan Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student who went missing during a Metallica concert, and 7-year-old Somer Thompson who was kidnapped and murdered while walking home from school. The parents of the victims speak out about their emotional struggles. Do you know the top methods predators use to lure women and children? And, are you posting information on social networking Web sites that could put you in danger? Tune in to find out legal, forensic and defense experts' advice for spotting predators, avoiding abduction and fighting off attackers.

candycane, do you have a link for this?  I don't watch Dr. Phil and don't even know what channel he is on.

thanks in advance!

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #929 on: November 10, 2009, 06:05:29 PM »

A skull w/ a bow on it and crossbones?? WTF??

for some reason Nut...this type of stuff is all over little girl fashion...a lot of it in the store Justice for girls etc...sweatshirts etc...I blame Hollywood...they started with this particular fashion if I remember right...and somehow it has caught on....

I followed a girl/young woman really, on a motorcycle today that had on a helmet that was skulls done in pink on a black helmet.  weird!!

Yeah......but she wan't 7 years old....was she, lol?? 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #930 on: November 10, 2009, 06:06:48 PM »

How about the "Diaper Dude"  skull and crossbones diaper bag-black from Target.com?

http://www.target.com/Diaper-Dude-Skull-Crossbones-Bag/dp/B000LPJTU6/ref=br_1_15?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=3430851&searchRank=pmrank&searchPage=1&searchSize=30

Click on the above link.  It's a black diaper bag with skull and cross bones around the middle of it.  I am trying to imagine someone with a baby carrying that thing around.  It looks like someone took labels from a poison bottle or a Jolly Roger Pirate Flag and stuck on a bag.  JMHO

Yeah....but that is a masculine bag for a babydaddy to carry...babydaddies aren't 7 years old. I HOPE!! LOL!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #931 on: November 10, 2009, 06:36:34 PM »

Dr Phil

Abducted by a Predator

candycane, do you have a link for this?  I don't watch Dr. Phil and don't even know what channel he is on.

thanks in advance!

http://www.drphil.com/   
then click on thrusday for the little preview
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #932 on: November 10, 2009, 07:09:52 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/CountyByCounty/CountyStories/2009/11/9/3000_tips_received_in_somer_thompson_case.html
 3,000+ Tips Received In Somer Thompson Case
Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:17:12 AM
ORANGE PARK -- According to the Clay County Sheriff’s Office, they have now received more than 3,000 tips in the Somer Thompson case.

Over the weekend, more calls came in to the tip line as a result of the case being featured on "America's Most Wanted" Saturday evening.     

Some tips came directly to the local tip line, while others were phoned into the "America's Most Wanted" studios in Washington.

So far, none of the tips have resulted in a break in the case or an arrest of a suspect.

Blah, Blah, Blah.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: November 10, 2009, 07:12:42 PM »

I thought the same as you - that it would be solved quickly.

It's horrible that it's not.

Wasn't there a predator patrol or something like that being formed by parents right after Somer's death?  Do you know if they got it off the ground?

I agree with you both. Sure thought this was going to be solved quickly. She was found so soon after being abducted that I felt like the person would've left big clues or somebody would've noticed something. Hoping for a break soon.
                                                                                          an angelic monkey
CandiceMonkey
Scared Monkey

Protect each other. We can all make a difference.

« Reply #934 on: November 10, 2009, 07:26:46 PM »

Hello Somer Monkeys!  I am seeking your opinions of the pdf file at the below link and if you all think it might be related?  HAVE FUN!  You are gonna love this.   

http://www.folioweekly.com/documents/coverstory.pdf

"Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent." ~ Jonathan Swift
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #935 on: November 10, 2009, 07:46:31 PM »

Hello Somer Monkeys!  I am seeking your opinions of the pdf file at the below link and if you all think it might be related?  HAVE FUN!  You are gonna love this.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #936 on: November 10, 2009, 08:07:38 PM »

Wow, no idea if there is any relationship to the Somer case, but darn interesting reading.   

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #937 on: November 10, 2009, 08:40:28 PM »

I wonder if anything was ever done about this case?  For the girls' sake I hope so.  No one should ever be above the law, I would be the first to vote for any man who did not stand by his child who broke the law and who did not try to cover it up or make excuses.  Society can't get any better if we can't even keep our own LE in line.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: November 10, 2009, 09:16:23 PM »

A skull w/ a bow on it and crossbones?? WTF??

for some reason Nut...this type of stuff is all over little girl fashion...a lot of it in the store Justice for girls etc...sweatshirts etc...I blame Hollywood...they started with this particular fashion if I remember right...and somehow it has caught on....

I just don't get that "fashion" either. No idea when or why skulls became popular to wear. Let alone for little girls.

Seems they are also popular for Christmas, too. Go figure! (Seems kinda sick to me.)

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: November 11, 2009, 12:39:51 AM »

Wow.  We may hear about this POS in the future.  I personally think Juvie records should be open.  Let future actions or non actions speak for themselves.  Sometimes evil just is, it will not change and cannot be reabilitated and people need to see that for what it is.

As far as a connection - do you mean Sheriff Besseler's ability to find Somer's perp?  If that - than no he does not seem like one to let politics stand in the way of his job so far imo.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.