May 21, 2024, 07:35:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #579 1/28 - 2/2/2007  (Read 113633 times)
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2007, 01:03:48 PM »

Justins
I take it she's getting the hang of the bag then?  That is really great news.  See, prayers do get answered, sometimes we just have to be patient.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2007, 01:05:23 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
BB
Since I seem to be the only in the cage today, that scene is really lovely.  I bet the sound of bagpipes would be very beautiful.  My favorite song, Amazing Grace.  It always brings tears to my eyes.

I agree that song would be perfect, it always makes me cry too.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2007, 01:06:14 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
I play mandolin,badly and scare people on the pipes.Yes I have been to the games.I have the tartan ties,etc.I will post my real thoughts on this matter.I think Lee H Oswald killed Kennedy.I think James E Ray killed ML King.They may have had help.They did it and thats that.People often don't want to accept the fact some people are born evil,and can't be cured.Joran is one.You can to Social Anthropology books and study ,but the facts speak for themselves.The real question is who helped.And to what degree and what they did with Natalee's body.Joran will die by the sword he has lived y,with over 21 extended families hating him,and he is a loud party animal,who will continue.IMO,only.I will not miss him.I will not hunt him or hurt,but I will not help.Spatecus Cat.

I have come to look forward to your daily musings.  Maybe you could do a regular column called "Cat's Kibble".   Wink
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2007, 01:09:47 PM »

As an aside, I never truly understood how profound the song Amazing Grace was until I read a book called In The Grip of Grace by Max Lucado.  I have always loved that song and it was the first song my daughter learned to sing in church so it has special meaning just because of that, but to think how simple the word is and how magnificent it's meaning...just blows my mind.

Okay, that's my musings for the day...next topic.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2007, 01:10:13 PM »

Cat wrote,
........Spatecus Cat.

It was a very good post, I don't mean to exclude the rest but that last part really made me chuckle.

Laughing

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2007, 01:12:42 PM »

Lala's there is another song that always gives me chills when i hear it.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okagY3W5AsA

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2007, 01:19:40 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Lala's there is another song that always gives me chills when i hear it.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okagY3W5AsA

That is a beautiful song.  It brought many people to my mind just now.  Thanks.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2007, 01:27:45 PM »

As an aside, I never truly understood how profound the song Amazing Grace was until I read a book called In The Grip of Grace by Max Lucado.  I have always loved that song and it was the first song my daughter learned to sing in church so it has special meaning just because of that, but to think how simple the word is and how magnificent it's meaning...just blows my mind.

Okay, that's my musings for the day...next topic.

If we are okay with mentioning Bill Moyers, he did a PBS special on "Amazing Grace" in 1990. It is available on DVD etc. Aside from covering the origin, it features many versions of the hymn, from choirs to Johnny cash.

Good morning Monkeys! Did Leslie not deliver papers today?  Laughing

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2007, 01:39:58 PM »

Maybe Leslie is sleeping in for a change. Haven't seen her today. How are you Ms Marple?
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2007, 02:06:42 PM »

First in the cats meow,what is DH.My other half left the computer set on her native language and I do not how to change it.Next ,I have studied the history of Newton and his song.Like Silent Night an inspired hymn.Yes I like music since it soothes the savage beast.BB,I have seen that view before,I think I took a little Walk Through the woods near there.Tib,I just found out that the honey from down under is quite medicinal.Chocalate does not always work,but a keg of red wine will take you places.CBB,in your human parts do you have any Celt.My family is Part Georgie,not a good thing at clan gatherings I found.I am just rambling through the maze and hunting for truth.The intriuged and searching CAT

Live with hope,looking for justice
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2007, 02:09:50 PM »

Hi Cat, we were missing you last night. Wanted you to join the party, and bring your friends, you know the ones. Wink

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2007, 02:20:23 PM »

Maybe Leslie is sleeping in for a change. Haven't seen her today. How are you Ms Marple?

Why, I am fine, thank you for asking Lalas. (But then I usually am. I am blessed.)

And you?

klaas - I looked for Jamie's obit in that very paper at 3:00 a.m. (EST) today, and it wasn't there ... I hate to say this, but I surely hope someone knows the cause of death. A person in his line of work makes a lot of enemies.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2007, 02:30:27 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"

Why, I am fine, thank you for asking Lalas. (But then I usually am. I am blessed.)

And you?

klaas - I looked for Jamie's obit in that very paper at 3:00 a.m. (EST) today, and it wasn't there ... I hate to say this, but I surely hope someone knows the cause of death. A person in his line of work makes a lot of enemies.

I've posted the obituary in the thread for Jamie:

http://www.legacy.com/venturacountystar/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStoryPrint&PersonID=86157185
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2007, 02:42:53 PM »

klaas - I'm sorry, I know you did. (Post the obit.) Just saying that it wasn't there earlier today, and I was sort of surprised. But it's all good now. (Or, as well as can be, under the circumstances.)

Wish I knew whether foul play is remotely suspected.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2007, 02:45:30 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
klaas - I'm sorry, I know you did. (Post the obit.) Just saying that it wasn't there earlier today, and I was sort of surprised. But it's all good now. (Or, as well as can be, under the circumstances.)

Wish I knew whether foul play is remotely suspected.

Me too but I really doubt it.  My guess would be he died from cardiac arrest.  With everything in this case though it would be nice to hear the cause.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2007, 03:13:32 PM »

I was reading through some old transcripts I had saved and came across this. I will post an excerpt of Nancy Gace and an interview she did.

++++++++++++++++++++

GRACE: I want to go to Captain Roger Winkler with Salt Lake City Police Department. Sir, you were part of the search for Lori Hacking. Everyone, you will recall Lori Hacking was murdered by her husband, Mark Hacking, and finally, after weeks of searching, this American beauty`s remains were found in a dump, a landfill. Tell us about that search and how difficult it is, Captain.

CAPT. ROGER WINKLER, SALT LAKE CITY POLICE: Well, it`s extremely physical -- physically demanding. It takes just a lot of hard work to get through this debris. Our primary search was to do a visual search of all debris, looking for any evidence that we could find on this case. Involved the use of large pieces of heavy equipment. We initially were looking at moving approximately 4,500 tons of debris. It wound up being closer to approximately 10,000 tons of debris, going through this by hand with rakes under difficult conditions. We had weather. We had insects. We had the physically demanding conditions, as well as the smell associated with the landfill.

And going through that debris, doing a physical and visual search of all debris to identify evidence and then preserve that for court, is very demanding.

GRACE: Captain, remember when it became so hot that the dogs had to be taken in, the cadaver dogs, because they couldn`t keep working in the heat?

WINKLER: Yes, ma`am. We actually had to change our whole operation to a -- basically, a graveyard operation, where we were working a late- night shift. So we would start at dark and finish up before daylight just because the dogs were overheating so badly.

GRACE: Back to Jossy Mansur. Who is searching the landfill? Are any FBI there, or is it just the Aruban authorities?

MANSUR: I believe it`s the Equusearch team from Texas and also accompanied by a few individuals, private, our reporters, and the search- and-rescue party from Aruba. There`s a whole bunch of people that have been searching all day long.

GRACE: Are there any dogs involved?

MANSUR: Well, I see stray dogs walking all over the place, but I don`t think I have...

GRACE: That`s not what I had in mind! That`s not exactly what I had in mind. I meant bloodhounds, scent dogs or cadaver dogs.

I want to go very quickly to Paul Reynolds, Natalee`s uncle. Sir, thank you for being with us. Do you think you`re seeing a light at the end of the tunnel?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/29/ng.01.html

mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2007, 03:40:40 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
For my fathers funeral,exactly 1 year ago,I quitely hired a piper to play Amazing Grace,so yes it is an impotent song and message to me.I have never heard a bad playing of this song.CBB,are you part Celtic also.Atticus Cat

Cat, can you please email me at mishypark@hotmail.com...

Thanks!

Bring Natalee home...
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2007, 03:43:26 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
BT, I love the sound of bagpipes! I'll bet the service at your church is beautiful!

Here is a pic of my church. It looks out over a deep valley. Bagpipes would be lovely to hear echoing in the valley lovely..Afternoon Monkeys, forgot my manners.......

This is very near where i live....only it isn't this year....only a dusting of snow.

http://www.nycc.org/photos/04_minnewaska/m37_a.jpg

This is absolutely gorgeous BB!

Bring Natalee home...
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2007, 03:47:28 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
GOODMORNING ALL!

CBB - Too funny! Laughing

CAT - I agree with you about Joran, Paulus and Anita

FYI - Jamie Skeeters obituary now posted

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=773

He was such a fine man...his resume is stellar.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2007, 03:52:02 PM »

Thanks Mishy , only drwback is that I live doen in the valley-have to climb to the top to get the view. Confused

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.