May 05, 2024, 08:14:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #162 5/10/10 - 5/22/10  (Read 342709 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: May 10, 2010, 09:53:48 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/05/casey-anthony-how-difficult-will-it-be-to-import-a-jury.html
Casey Anthony: How difficult will it be to import a jury?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV, WOFL — posted by halboedeker on May, 10 2010 5:45 PM
Discuss This: Comments(39) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

What about importing a jury for the Casey Anthony murder trial?

It won’t be a mission impossible, attorney Jeff Deen told WESH-Channel 2 tonight.

“The fact that someone is generally aware of it isn’t going to be the reason that they’re cut [from the jury],” Deen told WESH’s Dave McDaniel. “Timothy McVeigh got a jury. O.J. Simpson got a jury.”

Judge Belvin Perry announced today that he would bring in a jury from another county for the murder trial here. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Where will the jury come from?

“You want someplace big enough that they’re going to absorb that news and not make it something special,” Deen said. “More people so there’s more chance that somebody in the world hasn’t been reading about this every day.”

WFTV-Channel 9’s Kathi Belich highlighted that Anthony’s defense team raised the possibility of protesters in Orange County. But Judge Perry said the county could deal with protesters.

Belich turned to the issue of provocative Anthony photographs and contrasted them with the defendant’s current look.

“Today she was prim and proper, not at all dressed like the party girl we’ve seen in photos taken the month before and just days after Caylee disappeared,” Belich said. “Casey came in second in a hot-body contest when she claimed she was looking for her daughter.”

The defense hopes to keep those photos out, and Belich no ted that a hearing on what photos will be introduced has been set for March.

WOFL-Channel 35’s Holly Bristow also studied Anthony’s look today — a khaki-colored blouse, hair pulled back.

It’s “a far different look than what we’ve seen in these revealing [party] pictures that her attorneys are fighting to keep a jury from seeing,” Bristow said.

The defense argues the party pictures are irrelevant; the prosecution says photographs demonstrate a person’s demeanor.

On Tuesday morning, Perry will hear motions on the death penalty.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #221 on: May 10, 2010, 10:04:23 PM »

A poster on WS was bothered by the note passing today, here is her post.         

OK, I just got off the phone with Kathi Belich, she said she will be looking into it. She has received several emails. I figured if anyone would check it out, Kathi would be the right person for the job. Hope it's OK to post this. I did just get off the phone with her.

Thanks, NoRose.
Last week that same assistant sat in CM's chair while he was at a sidebar discussion and while Casey wrote on her legal pad, that girl had her cellphone and looked like she was relaying to someone whatever it was Casey was writing. When CM came back to the desk, Casey mouthed thank you to her.  Makes you wonder...
Interesting, I hope Kathi emails this poster back.

someone needs to alert kathi belich to  baez leaving his blackberry for casey to use thinking he is being sneaky.

Loca
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #222 on: May 10, 2010, 10:08:07 PM »

One typical low ball antic I noticed,  in the hearing when bozo was droning on about the publicity and the montage of clips and protesters and all..... one section had Nejame speaking in it.  That had to be deliberate. It's such a petty thing, out of hundreds of choices of video clips , they put Nejame's face in there. A little subliminal message that he's part of the 'enemy'.  Bozo is all about the payback, revenge. Didn't work so well regarding J Strickland but bozo is always true to his vile nature so I wouldn't expect him to learn any lessons.  Interesting, that's how the A's are too, in the very end clips of them leaving court, georgie is chewing gum. Slow, spaced out chews but gum in his mouth. Nobody but nobody tells them what to do.  Jerks, every last one.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: May 10, 2010, 10:26:14 PM »

One typical low ball antic I noticed,  in the hearing when bozo was droning on about the publicity and the montage of clips and protesters and all..... one section had Nejame speaking in it.  That had to be deliberate. It's such a petty thing, out of hundreds of choices of video clips , they put Nejame's face in there. A little subliminal message that he's part of the 'enemy'.  Bozo is all about the payback, revenge. Didn't work so well regarding J Strickland but bozo is always true to his vile nature so I wouldn't expect him to learn any lessons.  Interesting, that's how the A's are too, in the very end clips of them leaving court, georgie is chewing gum. Slow, spaced out chews but gum in his mouth. Nobody but nobody tells them what to do.  Jerks, every last one.

YUP!

I thought I saw him chomping on gum as he stood up after court. Too fast to grab a screen shot, but I mentioned it as it happened.

Glad you saw it too. (And I am not going insane.)

Imagine that, George still chewing gum. I did not see Cindy chewing, but I would not put it past her. Once, I thought she was looking down at a cell phone though. Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't.

But for sure, the A's sure like to be in control, huh?

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #224 on: May 10, 2010, 10:46:29 PM »

YUP!

I thought I saw him chomping on gum as he stood up after court. Too fast to grab a screen shot, but I mentioned it as it happened.

Glad you saw it too. (And I am not going insane.)

Imagine that, George still chewing gum. I did not see Cindy chewing, but I would not put it past her. Once, I thought she was looking down at a cell phone though. Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't.

But for sure, the A's sure like to be in control, huh?
Oh yeah they do !   They just can NOT have anyone give them direction or orders and like in this case, they have to defy the order in a childish show of bravado. Sickening to think of the snickers that they shared afterwards, duh

Yeah, and the cell phone thing ?  We've all seen plenty that sure looks suspicious but either the guards don't care or to outright accuse them (bozo too) would be hard? I dunno, sometimes I think they might be doing it for mind games, like... no I'm not..prove it  sort of thing???  They drive me nuts!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #225 on: May 11, 2010, 12:09:23 AM »

<snipped from list given earlier>

•Gossip and Innuendo

Her legal team want to keep out dozens of statements about Anthony and her family made by friends and family — statements the defense contends are hearsay. Her attorneys also don't want prosecutors questioning Anthony's friends and acquaintances on the stand about her truthfulness and motives.

•Other people's opinions

As part of the case, investigators have questioned dozens of people who know Casey Anthony. These friends and acquaintances offered their opinions of Casey Anthony's character, motives and undisclosed intentions and character of truthfulness. These opinions should not be admissible in court, her attorneys argue.

~~~~~~

Am just curious if these points were covered in court today, and what, if anything, the judge had to say about this. 

Am also thinking that it's a sad day when the defense has to ask that statements made by the defendant's family, friends and acquaintances not be allowed in court.  If anyone knows the character of Casey the best, it would be these people.  To 'not allow' these statements is basically the defense saying they don't want 'the truth' about Casey being told to the court, as the truth about her true character would hurt her defense.  IMO.   

??      

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #226 on: May 11, 2010, 12:11:35 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/05/casey-anthony-casey-anthony-says-happy-mothers-day-and-i-love-you-to-cindy.html
Casey Anthony: Casey Anthony says ‘Happy Mother’s Day’ and ‘I love you’ to Cindy
Barbara West, Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on May, 10 2010 12:30 PM
Discuss This: Comments(54) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

The change of venue decision in the Casey Anthony case was the top story on noon newscasts.

“Casey Anthony will stand trial in Orange County, but the jury will come from somewhere else,” WFTV-Channel 9 anchor Barbara West said. “However, it will be a while before we know where. Chief Judge Belvin Perry said today he wants to keep it a secret as long as possible.”

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

WKMG-Channel 6’s Mike DeForest noted that Anthony made eye contact with her mother, Cindy Anthony, when leaving the courtroom. “Casey Anthony smiled at her mom and said, ‘Happy Mother’s Day,’ ” DeForest said. “That’s one of the very first times we’ve ever seen Casey Anthony try to communicate with her parents in court.”

WESH-Channel 2’s Bob Kealing said that Cindy and George Anthony arrived at the 90-minute hearing about 30 minutes late. “At the end of the hearing, their daughter told her mother, Cindy, ‘Happy Mother’s Day and I love you,’ ” Kealing said.

DeForest noted that the most significant development in court was Perry’s announcement that he would grant the defense’s motion for a change of venue.  “Normally, that would mean holding the trial elsewhere, out of town,” DeForest said. “But the judge said it would be cheaper to move 18 jurors here than move several hundred witnesses, attorneys and court personnel to another city.”

WESH’s Kealing reported that the jurors will be picked elsewhere, brought to Orange County and sequestered for as long as the trial goes.

What’s next? A hearing on the death penalty Tuesday morning. Kealing highlighted that Andrea Lyon will argue for the defense.

“Casey Anthony’s defense team [will be] arguing that the death penalty is unconstitutional, it’s being unfairly applied in this case, it’s unfair to women,” WKMG’s DeForest said.

The A's always show up and not late....they didn't show up for the last court hearing and showed up 30 minutes late for this one....something's going on...I think it might have to do with George...

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #227 on: May 11, 2010, 12:16:42 AM »

Does anyone have a link to Brad Conway's interview today?  Also, anyone actually see Casey mouth the words to her mother?  Could I have that link too, please?

Monkalicious......I don't have links. I watched Conway's interview and the jury consultant's who saw the Casey and Cindy's interaction on Court TV.....not sure if anyone records them or not.
Thanks, Seeme---I didn't get a chance to watch the Bradster's (I want to say con job so badly, but I'm restraining myself manfully!) interview and I was interested in his comments.

I'd like to see that too.

I saw it as it was happening on Court TV / Tru TV.  Conway was very calm.  The part that surprised me was when he was questioned about Chindy's 911 call...the 3rd one...when she said "It smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car!".  Basically, Conway said that Cindy said what she thought at the time and that won't change.  That's how she felt at that time.

Whoa!  Something's VERY different today with the A's...and them not showing up at the last hearing and showing up 30 min. late for this hearing...gonna' watch them closely tomorrow 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #228 on: May 11, 2010, 12:22:48 AM »

If the photos of Casey are so irrelevant, why are they fighting tooth and nail to keep them out

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #229 on: May 11, 2010, 12:25:35 AM »

What could be going on with the A's?
Maybe Georgette is rebelling again.
Maybe they're seeing a divorce attorney?
Maybe he's undergoing refresher brainwashing sessions?

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: May 11, 2010, 12:37:03 AM »

If the photos of Casey are so irrelevant, why are they fighting tooth and nail to keep them out

Exactly!!!

Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #231 on: May 11, 2010, 01:23:44 AM »

The before photos should be allowed, it shows a normal 20 something getting out and doing what they do. Baez wants to paint the "SA" as saying they are trying show a bad mom, but what i see is Casey was allowed time away from Caylee to go out and stretch her wings she wasnt cooped up 24/7 with Caylee. But the dufence wants us to believe she was cooped up , freaked out and only had fun because she was coping ugly!
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: May 11, 2010, 01:56:50 AM »

The before photos should be allowed, it shows a normal 20 something getting out and doing what they do. Baez wants to paint the "SA" as saying they are trying show a bad mom, but what i see is Casey was allowed time away from Caylee to go out and stretch her wings she wasnt cooped up 24/7 with Caylee. But the dufence wants us to believe she was cooped up , freaked out and only had fun because she was coping ugly!
Good points Mtmom.  Guess their plan is to delay as long as they can and rewrite history. all the things that people said was taken out of context, when Cindy was telling others kc was a sociopath it was just a joke. They knew all about all the sleep overs and were just fine with it. When kc told all the lies about where she 'worked', it was cause she felt pressure and was scared. The stolen money was all a mistake. KC really told them everything . The abuse allegations was just kc trying to fit in jail. Etc, etc, etc

It's only going to work for about 5 minutes, when the State refreshes everyone's memory. It's all bozo show right now. Looks like there will be a do over of how the A's are close as clams. I say bring it on. They are the single most messed up family in the universe and it will fail. KC shows that she is a cold blooded killer every time she clanks  into the courtroom and doesn't bat an eye at why she's there and the A's have already been outed as greedy deceitful liars. 
Girlzrock
Scared Monkey

Next year, boyz....

« Reply #233 on: May 11, 2010, 02:02:33 AM »

"Quite Frankly, it puts my client in a bad light to point out the obvious"..... lol
Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #234 on: May 11, 2010, 02:20:13 AM »

Good points Mtmom.  Guess their plan is to delay as long as they can and rewrite history. all the things that people said was taken out of context, when Cindy was telling others kc was a sociopath it was just a joke. They knew all about all the sleep overs and were just fine with it. When kc told all the lies about where she 'worked', it was cause she felt pressure and was scared. The stolen money was all a mistake. KC really told them everything . The abuse allegations was just kc trying to fit in jail. Etc, etc, etc

It's only going to work for about 5 minutes, when the State refreshes everyone's memory. It's all bozo show right now. Looks like there will be a do over of how the A's are close as clams. I say bring it on. They are the single most messed up family in the universe and it will fail. KC shows that she is a cold blooded killer every time she clanks  into the courtroom and doesn't bat an eye at why she's there and the A's have already been outed as greedy deceitful liars. 

I cant wait to see the do over too! It obvious she hates her family to the core. The abuse allegations may of been made up to help her mom and dad get divorced. Casey is a player of them all. Thinking recently of Caseys tattoo, I believe the 3 stars are the 3 CMA's. The star with no sparkle represents Caylee, she no longer can shine. The bella vita - beautiful life was supposed to be the 3 CMA's living together but when George came back to the family that ended but I think Casey continued to dream of that life. Cold ,calculated . vindictive thats what i see of Casey in the courtroom.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #235 on: May 11, 2010, 02:26:31 AM »

I cant wait to see the do over too! It obvious she hates her family to the core. The abuse allegations may of been made up to help her mom and dad get divorced. Casey is a player of them all. Thinking recently of Caseys tattoo, I believe the 3 stars are the 3 CMA's. The star with no sparkle represents Caylee, she no longer can shine. The bella vita - beautiful life was supposed to be the 3 CMA's living together but when George came back to the family that ended but I think Casey continued to dream of that life. Cold ,calculated . vindictive thats what i see of Casey in the courtroom.
HMMMM, girl, that's very deep!  Never thought about the star/sparkle/3CMA angle but could be.......just like a lifetime movie! One thing's for sure, this crew is not dull.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: May 11, 2010, 02:30:19 AM »

"Quite Frankly, it puts my client in a bad light to point out the obvious"..... lol

When he says 'quite frankly" it makes my teeth go on edge.  we should start a tally of how many times he says it during each proceeding, QF it should be a very high number, teehee.   
Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #237 on: May 11, 2010, 02:32:26 AM »

HMMMM, girl, that's very deep!  Never thought about the star/sparkle/3CMA angle but could be.......just like a lifetime movie! One thing's for sure, this crew is not dull.
And George hes going under the bus, he knows it. In court his eyes are burning a hole in the back of her head. I dont think hes gonna resort to being the fall guy he looks down right angry anymore.
Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #238 on: May 11, 2010, 02:33:11 AM »

When he says 'quite frankly" it makes my teeth go on edge.  we should start a tally of how many times he says it during each proceeding, QF it should be a very high number, teehee.   
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #239 on: May 11, 2010, 03:40:33 AM »

Transcripts of Family’s Speeches at Caylee’s Memorial.

February 10, 2009

I’m thankful for everyone who’s here to pay tribute to a beautiful little girl who not only meant the world to me but meant the world to my family and so many of you who never got the chance to actually hug her, or smell her hair, smell the sweet sweat when she came in from outside. To hear her call me JoJo, sure I was Grand Pa but I was JoJo to her. Some days when I wouldn’t maybe just pay attn to her for just a second, she would get right in my face JoJo, Grand Pa, Grandpa JoJo, (imitating Caylee) George, she knew me, she knew how to push me to smile at her and hug her.  I miss that kiss on the cheek, that special hug. I tell everyone its so great to get a hug from someone but to get a hug from a small child- that gives me energy like you cannot imagine.

Caylee dead, Casey in jail

I’m still fortunate to live in a house w/3 very determined women in my life. Sure Caylee might be in God’s heaven right now but her presence is still at home w/me everyday. I can close my eyes and I can see her coming from her bedroom, w/her silly little glasses on or her beads whatever it might be to make me laugh. She was a comedian to me.

I’m not going to say how much I’m going to miss things that I won’t be able to do w/her bc someday I’ll be able to hold her hand again in God’s heaven, I’ll be able to take her on wagon rides, I’ll be able to kiss her, I’ll be able to smell her again.

http://citizenkim.wordpress.com/2009/02/10/transcripts-of-familys-speeches-at-caylees-memorial/

(Caylee name count 1 - excludes George`s description of imitating Caylee and notations)

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.