May 17, 2024, 02:47:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #762 6/30 - 7/6/08  (Read 292246 times)
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #420 on: July 04, 2008, 02:26:49 AM »

Happy 4th of July Everybody! 

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #421 on: July 04, 2008, 02:31:00 AM »

Was going to call Senor Frog and ask for Joran...yes I'm bored...see if ANY of you can find through Google and the headquarters for Senor Frog...a phone number and address for the Aruba SFrog...I sure couldn't...and I looked multiple times...

Destiny

Hey Sweetie!!! You know you can always call me when bored!!! I don't have any new clues but I am a talker when you get bored or need to talk!!! Call me anytime at any hour Sweetie!!! We is sistas now!! lol

Am I missing the froggie thing??!! Did C&C change it's name??!!

So sorry...still catching up!!! lol

IDST...You are Precious....I will call you soon...I have 2 new cell phones and I'll email you the one I can talk to you on...You doing OK?...I Pray You are Girlfriend....I'm going through my ups and downs...meet Ya on the upswing K?  Wink

Yep...We be Sistas!!!

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #422 on: July 04, 2008, 02:31:59 AM »

OK...as Tex found out...SF is still only listed under C&C's...or, other Aruban island fun spots directory listings...why is that?  Senor Frogs is supposedly a *new* place...replacing C&C's.....same old shit!

Google listings:
Bars & Happy HoursGood Food and Good Times in Aruba ... Senor Frogs. 582-3007. 11 am-11:30 pm Mon-Sat ..... 2008 - Dine Aruba - All Rights Reserved.
dinearuba.com/barsandhappyhours.aspx - 127k - Cached - Similar pages

But when you click on the link this is the listing: 
Senor Fogs
 Bayside Mall
across from
Bus Terminal
 582-0355   11 am-1 am
---
11 am-3 am
Fri.-Sat.
http://dinearuba.com/barsandhappyhours.aspx

So, Destiny....when you call if the first number doesn't work...try the one in red above.  Maybe they just haven't updated everything yet.  But I know they've been open a while now.

Destiny, that other number belongs to this restaurant across from Senor Frogs...
Gambero Rosso
 Mar Azul
Marina Mall
across from
Senor Frogs
  582-3007
 11 am-11:30 pm
Mon-Sat

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #423 on: July 04, 2008, 02:33:10 AM »

Happy 4th of July to you too Hotping!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #424 on: July 04, 2008, 02:37:06 AM »

OK...as Tex found out...SF is still only listed under C&C's...or, other Aruban island fun spots directory listings...why is that?  Senor Frogs is supposedly a *new* place...replacing C&C's.....same old shit!

Yep: same song, second verse! 

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #425 on: July 04, 2008, 02:40:35 AM »

Happy 4th of July to you too Hotping!   

Jumpin' in on the HAPPY FOURTH...and to our Dear Dutch Monkeys...Celebrate with us...in any way way you find Happy For You...We Appreciate You ALL so very much!!!

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #426 on: July 04, 2008, 02:42:40 AM »

Google listings:
Bars & Happy HoursGood Food and Good Times in Aruba ... Senor Frogs. 582-3007. 11 am-11:30 pm Mon-Sat ..... 2008 - Dine Aruba - All Rights Reserved.
dinearuba.com/barsandhappyhours.aspx - 127k - Cached - Similar pages

But when you click on the link this is the listing: 
Senor Fogs
 Bayside Mall
across from
Bus Terminal
 582-0355   11 am-1 am
---
11 am-3 am
Fri.-Sat.
http://dinearuba.com/barsandhappyhours.aspx

So, Destiny....when you call if the first number doesn't work...try the one in red above.  Maybe they just haven't updated everything yet.  But I know they've been open a while now.

Destiny, that other number belongs to this restaurant across from Senor Frogs...
Gambero Rosso
 Mar Azul
Marina Mall
across from
Senor Frogs
   582-3007
 11 am-11:30 pm
Mon-Sat

Interesting Tex...gonna have to find out who owns what now.....Thanks Girl!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #427 on: July 04, 2008, 02:43:38 AM »

Post subject: Lacabana April 26- May 5Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:04 am 
Prolific Very Helpful
Location: South FL  Here is my trip report- (not to exciting-lol)

Flew from Miami to Aruba. Flight was fine nothing to write home about. Arrived in Aruba @ 12:55. Going through immigration was a breeze there was hardly anyone there. Got my luggage about 15 minutes later. Went to get my rental cell phone from Fast Phones. They had it ready and waiting. My father picked me up and off to Lacabana i go. Was on the beach with an Amsetl Bright in my hand by 2:00.

The first night i stayed with my parents as my week didnt start until Sunday. I wasnt feeling too well (felt like i was getting a cold) so we went to the Radisson to gamble and see an old friend who works at the Sunset Grille. Early night but won $180 on the slots. Checked into my own room on Sunday and spent the day by the beach with all my family (Aunt, Uncle, cousin and her boyfriend, Dad and Mom). Picked up my rental car from Optima right at Lacabana. It was looking a little rough but ran fine. That night i was feeling worse so i stayed in. They went out to Flying Fishbone and went to Alhambras.

Monday i stayed by the pool and went to my room to take a nap so i could go to the bulletin board party. Needless to say i didnt wake up until 8:00 that night and missed the party  . I was very upset i didnt get to meet anyone, but i did feel alot better  So my family convinced me to go to Senor Frogs with them. On the way we stopped by the old Carlos and Charlies which is now called Tequilla. A friend is opening the new bar in a couple of weeks. I chatted with him while the family went to Senor Frogs. I met up with them later and they were all feeling really "happy" after several shots of tequilla and a couple of yards. We did the conga line and i also won the drinking contest for the females (lol)  I refused to go down the water slide ( which was what happened to the loser). All in all i miss carlos and charlies- it had a better atmosphere and the drinks were much cheaper. Oh well.

http://aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=57924&p=692744

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: July 04, 2008, 02:54:17 AM »

05-05-2008, 04:03 PM    post #6 (permalink)   

Tom & Karen
Posts: 112  In January they were closed & remodeling & changing to Senior Frogs. Were not open when we left late Feb.

It had to be planned well in advance as I just noticed that Senior Frogs is listed in the new Aruba phone book (issued in January). It took Setar 2 years to get our name in the book.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom & Karen
Next Trip:
Sept. 9 - Oct. 29
Jan. 5 - ????? 
   05-05-2008, 04:22 PM    post #7 (permalink)   
tds-ken
Posts: 305  They are now Senior Frogs and moved next door. The old building is closed!

Cindyo was just there, I think!!! She said it had a water slide in the middle of it!

05-05-2008, 08:05 PM    post #8 (permalink)   

JRfan
Posts: 16  I just returned on Saturday. Carlos and Charlies is closed. Senor Frogs is open and we had a blast there. There is a water slide that goes through the club and ends on the front deck.

05-05-2008, 09:12 PM    post #9 (permalink)   
cindyo
Images: 40 yah, the water slide was a pretty cool thing...though, once was enough for my teen daughters. We had kids aged 3-16, and we lookied like a circus coming in, and then we saw the groping waiters and I felt it was time to get the kids outa there.
 05-05-2008, 09:31 PM    post #10 (permalink)   

Mike

Posts: 38  Was in Aruba in March, and was told by a local friend that the Carlos and Charlies bar was closed and re-opened under a new name, Senor Frogs. The speculation is to escape the name that has been in the media.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/carlos-charlies-31162/

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: July 04, 2008, 03:05:11 AM »

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/carlos-charlies-31162/index2.html
 05-06-2008, 08:39 PM    post #12 (permalink)   

JRfan
Posts: 16  I would agree that kids shouldn't be in Senor Frogs, especially at night. There are lots of drinking games and the waiters are a bit touchy.
   05-07-2008, 12:03 AM    post #13 (permalink)   

Digger0713
Posts: 16  I was just going to say that maybe the name change was due to the whole Natalie Holloway incident and how their name was right in the middle of it. Just speculation, but it makes sense. I will definately have to check out Senor Frogs when I am visiting. I always wanted one of those T-shirts anyways. I always saw kids from my high school coming back from spring break with those shirts and I wanted one. I was never lucky enough to get a spring break trip 
  05-07-2008, 06:44 AM    post #14 (permalink)   

cindyo

Images: 40 Actually, the Carlos and Charlies gift shop( if thats what you want to call it, ugh) is open and around the other side of that strip mall building it was in. It faces the other street. Same kinda stuff, T's, bandanas, shot glasses...
IMOP again, it was the Holloway thing that did it in, so to speak.Senor Frogs has the same staff, IMOP same mentality, but is down the end of the building vs. where Carlos and Charlies was kinda in the middle of the building. Yes, they have t shirts, the usual stuff...cindyo
 snip:

Would the Natalie thing also be why the Windham (now Westin) and Aruba Grand (now RIO) also changed their name?

We were in Carlos & Charlies in Jan. 2007, and it was in need of a major remolding then in my opinion, not the Natalie thing.

Tom & Karen
Next Trip:
Sept. 9 - Oct. 29
Jan. 5 - ?????

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #430 on: July 04, 2008, 08:19:19 AM »

A little birdy sent me this pic of Koen in Georgia..Apparently he is feeling festive for the Holiday 

Is Koen in Georgia now

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #431 on: July 04, 2008, 08:41:40 AM »

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONNNNNE!!!!

"Joran is MAYBE not lying, but is like trying to cover up a little bit." - Anita Van der Sloot

(MSNBC Abrams Report 6/24/05)

Yo Yo 'Nita

Right in your big ear, ya Richard Simmons SWEATING TO THE OLDIES reject.

Go take a jumpin' sit on it, and then have yourself a twist.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #432 on: July 04, 2008, 09:00:38 AM »

Well Carpe..Even Vanilla Ice rode in style..But no matter what Koen drives,all the Kalpoes still love him..Here's his pimp mobile,I am sure he won't be braggin about it when visiting Aruba this month though

That TIZ a hawwwg, Broseph!

Maybe we can write a spoof song to that Steppenwolf song

just for Koen...

BORN TO BE >ALMOST WILD.

Where's the horn on that pavement eating monster?

Are tassels optional?

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: July 04, 2008, 09:15:39 AM »

This is Davin the Mystery Man and his girlfriend, Audra Arbas.  She recently graduated from college in Los Angeles and is living with him in New Zealand.  She has family in Aruba and Davin was in Aruba this past May.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=23767646
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #434 on: July 04, 2008, 09:18:03 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_44048.php

Verdachten fraude Landslab voor rechter
3 Jul, 2008, 18:07 (GMT -04:00)

ORANJESTAD — Drie van de vier verdachten, die worden beschuldigd van de miljoenenfraude bij het Landslaboratorium worden morgenochtend voorgeleid. Het gaat om Maiky Farro (53) en J.G (46), beide werknemers van het Landslab, en Y.V., een medewerker van Directie Financiën. Het Openbaar Ministerie maakt verder bekend dat het drietal verdacht wordt van verduistering van “min of meer 5.821.455,86 dollar”(ruim 10 miljoen florin). De fraude zou gepleegd zijn in de periode van februari 1997 tot november 2007. Ook worden ze beschuldigd van het herhaaldelijk vervalsen van facturen, offertes, bestelbonnen en inkooporders. Farro en G. worden ook beschuldigd van het herhaaldelijk gebruik van deze valse documenten, al dan niet in samenwerking met anderen. De dochter van G. die ook werd aangehouden, maar begin vorige maand op vrije voeten werd gesteld, hoeft morgen niet voor de rechter te verschijnen.

Through translator:

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #435 on: July 04, 2008, 09:24:35 AM »

SS remind me who is  Davin?
This is Davin the Mystery Man and his girlfriend, Audra Arbas.  She recently graduated from college in Los Angeles and is living with him in New Zealand.  She has family in Aruba and Davin was in Aruba this past May.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #436 on: July 04, 2008, 09:51:12 AM »

I thought this was an interesting thread on the aruba forum TexasMom just posted.....
Read on to page 2

This is from page 1

jenndrez

First Trip to Aruba - One week away!

Hello All,

I'm leaving for my first trip to Aruba on Tuesday, May 27th and staying one week with my boyfriend. We are staying at the Manchebo Beach Resort.

I've previously traveled to Turks & Caicos and Antigua...I'm excited to see how they all compare....

Here are some general questions I will throw out to the board. I'm sure many of these are repetitious of those already asked in prior threads. But I don't have the time to dig through past postings (plus I ultimately want the most up-to-date responses)

1) General comments from anyone who has stayed at Manchebo?
2) Any good Italian restaurants on the island?
3) Recommend a car rental for a day? (best company to use?)
4) Is it safe to walk around "off resort"?
5) Any beaches you can recommend that are nearly deserted? (i.e. no cruise ship people)
6) Where is the best snorkeling?
7) Is the water calm at Eagle Beach?

Thanks in advance everyone - All comments / stories much welcome!

Jenn 

05-21-2008, 04:44 PM    post #2 (permalink)   

Arubalisa

Quote:
2) Any good Italian restaurants on the island? 

Been a recent topic of discussion, see this thread: Giannis

Quote:
3) Recommend a car rental for a day? (best company to use?) 

http://www.arubaroyal.com/ Aruba Royal will deliver to your resort. You will need a 4 x 4 to see the Natural Pool. All other areas are pretty much accessible by car.

Quote:
4) Is it safe to walk around "off resort"? 

Absolutely positively beyond a shadow of a doubt safe. Take the same precautions you do at home.
Crime "The crime threat in Aruba is generally considered low although travelers should always take normal precautions when in unfamiliar surroundings. There have been incidents of theft from hotel rooms and armed robberies have been known to occur. Valuables left unattended on beaches, in cars and in hotel lobbies are easy targets for theft. Car theft, especially that of rental vehicles for joy riding and stripping, can occur. Vehicle leases or rentals may not be fully covered by local insurance when a vehicle is stolen or damaged. Be sure you are sufficiently insured when renting vehicles and jet skis."
As a disclaimer, in 13 years of travel to Aruba I have never heard of a tourist and an armed robbery.

Quote:
5) Any beaches you can recommend that are nearly deserted? (i.e. no cruise ship people) 

Dos Playa especially the second beach is one of the more remote ones. But you will have to hike to get there. I believe the closest road is also now blocked by construction. When hiking anywhere or going off road, be sure to bring plenty of fresh water. For your own safety, DO NOT SWIM on the Eastern side of the island, the water is rough and treacherous and the signs are posted there for a reason.

Quote:
6) Where is the best snorkeling? 

See http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/ABC/Aruba/index.htm for additional info, but imho the best snorkeling:
Catalina Cove
Boca Catalina
Mangel Halto

There are also some excellent snorkeling excursions by boat.

Quote:
7) Is the water calm at Eagle Beach? 

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Just depends on the weather and conditions. The water on Palm Beach except during a storm, will be lake like and flat with the exception of passing power boats.

Looks like today there are some small waves on Eagle Beach. http://www.bucuticam.com/tarabeach.jpg The Bucuti where this Cam is located is next door to the Manchebo.

Aruba Bound! ~ Hoosier Kitties ~ Our-Cruises ~ Blogging to Aruba
When Will Dh Take Me Back to Aruba? 331 Days, 02 Hours, 10 Minutes, 48 Seconds.

05-21-2008, 04:55 PM    post #3 (permalink)   

Oxblood
Banned

Posts: 19  To answer you're question about walking around off the resort and crime, yes there is some, and if I was you I wouldn't walk around much at night unless your in the downtown area, even then be careful.

I once was sitting with my girlfriend outside of the Black Hog Saloon, waiting for my dad and little brothers to get down playing in the arcade there, and a truck full of Arubians (most likely drunk), pulled up, and threw a full cup of soda at us (You know, like the size of a large from Taco Bell, McDonalds, etc.). Luckily, it missed us. We had done nothing wrong, we were just sitting there. There had to have been more than 10 of them in the bed of that pickup truck. When they pulled up yelling and acting crazy, we both just got that feeling that something bad was going to happen, and sure enough...

To me, the area's where the Arubians live (Not Downtown, or where the hotels are located) looks like a third world country. Goats, chickens, dogs running around. Children walking on the streets with no shoes, very dirty, and in scraggly clothes. It's just scary and quite sad. Not to mention, I really don't think the true natives there are too found of Americans, I mean let's be honest, who he?

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Oxblood; 05-21-2008 at 04:57 PM. 

05-21-2008, 05:12 PM    post #4 (permalink)   

cindyo

Images: 40 Dear oxblood, I think you have "over-done" this picture of aruba. I have yet to see sragly looking kids, I have yet to see any poverty, I have yet to see "wild" arubians. Lets face it, arubans livelyhood depends on tourism, probably every facet of their lives. Do they hate americans, heck no. We have had the pleasure of meeting, knowing, and communicating with fine people on the island. You have painted an unfair picture of the place. If you're so "scared" why the heck do you go, free vacation on the folks??

Cindyo
2009 is our 12th trip.
Renewing our vows April 2008, Divi Phoenix w/ Rev. Gibson at sunset....
Next Aruba trip in 279 Days, 14 Hours, 17 Minutes, 55 Seconds.

05-21-2008, 05:49 PM    post #5 (permalink)   

Oxblood
Banned

Posts: 19  Cindy, please do not come in here and treat me like garbage. I had a bad experience happen to me, and im just sharing everything I have seen while vacationing in Aruba. Over-done? Not the least. I'm trying to prevent the OP from possibly getting hurt. Just because you have had nothing but good times in Aruba doesn't mean everyone else has. There has been many more times when I have almost gotten in fist fights with Arubians, there has been times when weirdo's have offered us rides to somewhere (with no taxi license), and so on. This isn't painting an unfair picture of Aruba, it's just what I have personally noticed.

05-21-2008, 06:09 PM    post #6 (permalink)   

cindyo

Images: 40 Oxblood, your trip is in 283 days? Then you should have put 283 till you get beat up, killed, mugged in aruba. Why the heck do you go? It sounds like your scared to death. You talk about the island like its garbage. It the hat fits, wear it pal.

Cindyo
2009 is our 12th trip.

05-21-2008, 06:15 PM    post #7 (permalink)   

cindyo

"To me, the area's where the Arubians live (Not Downtown, or where the hotels are located) looks like a third world country. Goats, chickens, dogs running around. Children walking on the streets with no shoes, very dirty, and in scraggly clothes. It's just scary and quite sad. Not to mention, I really don't think the true natives there are too found of Americans, I mean let's be honest, who he?"

How to make yourself popular in aruba...

Cindyo
2009 is our 12th trip.

05-21-2008, 06:17 PM    post #8 (permalink)   

rob o

Originally Posted by Oxblood 
There has been many more times when I have almost gotten in fist fights with Arubians, there has been times when weirdo's have offered us rides to somewhere (with no taxi license), and so on. This isn't painting an unfair picture of Aruba, it's just what I have personally noticed.

Many times....fistfights? Times when weirdos offered you rides? Young man, you must be creating bad situations for yourself. If you go around and look for trouble, you will find it. The faster you learn that, the better your chance of surviving adolescence. My guess is that you find yourself in similar trouble in the USA.
Oxblood.... you're just 18 and still have a lot of growing up to do.

....with CindyO near California Lighthouse with High Rise shoreline in background
Next Aruba trip in 279 Days, 14 Hours, 11 Minutes, 48 Seconds. 

05-21-2008, 07:15 PM    post #9 (permalink)   

Oxblood
Banned

Posts: 19  You all can make as many assumptions about me as you want, I honestly don't care, and you don't know me. Like I said, im just trying to help the OP so she doesn't get hurt.

You would have to be extremely naive to think Aruba is heaven on earth, and nothing bad could happen there. Does anyone not remember a girl being kidnapped and killed there? C'mon now, I think im the only one here that's keeping things real...

05-21-2008, 07:29 PM    post #10 (permalink)   

confused1

Posts: 108  I must be going to the other Aruba (the good one)

confused1 

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #437 on: July 04, 2008, 10:16:57 AM »

aruba has problems......I'll say.
Smile

RONNIE

We just returned, a few hours ago, from our vacation in Aruba, which we dedicated a large amount of time to looking at properties and land. We have been planning to buy a home or land and build a home.
We did not buy this time because we were really taken back with the condition of
Aruba this time! We have been going to Aruba for 25 years...and know the Island well. But this time I have to say...Aruba was filthy. We were shocked. Beer bottles and debris were all over the island. Even floating in the water at Baby beach. Everywhere. AND...the downtown area was dingy and SO MANY stores are empty! This trip, Aruba lost some of it's charm. We were very upset to see this. We heard the goverment ran out of money and this week, the entire Island is shutting down for a strike on Tuesday. Which means things will be even dirtier.
Tourism is there number 1 income. If they don't paint and spruce up the downtown areas, no one will want to shop there. We didn't.
The 'red light district' in San Nicolis advertises now and has an entire page in the daily local paper that is eye popping!!! They even supply transportation to the 'sexual experience' of your choice.
The condo and time share building has gotten out of control. People were complaining that they are sitting 6 " from each other on eagle beach! There are construction sites everywhere. eyesores. What happened to the quiant clean colorful Aruba?
And the worst....the homeless area...behind mainstreet has gotten huge. We could not believe the amount of men and women sitting against the buildings smoking crack IN PLAIN DAYLIGHT as you drove by. There had to be at least 25 of them along the block. And in the night, they hang out in the public parking lots by the casinos downtown and approach you asking for money as you walk to your car. very creepy. The police ignore them because they have no where to put them.
My bubble is shattered. Aruba has lost some of it's charm for us. And by the way...some of the homeowners we met were selling because they needed to get better healthcare. They said the healthcare is horrible! Especially emergency care. (and if you plan on retiring there, as we did, this is a big concern)
So we decided to sit back and watch what happens in the next couple years with the country before we buy. We hope it can handle all this developing, but with all this developing, it's not Aruba-one happy island anymore. It's one crowded island.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #438 on: July 04, 2008, 10:35:42 AM »

Was going to call Senor Frog and ask for Joran...yes I'm bored...see if ANY of you can find through Google and the headquarters for Senor Frog...a phone number and address for the Aruba SFrog...I sure couldn't...and I looked multiple times...

Destiny

Hey Sweetie!!! You know you can always call me when bored!!! I don't have any new clues but I am a talker when you get bored or need to talk!!! Call me anytime at any hour Sweetie!!! We is sistas now!! lol

Am I missing the froggie thing??!! Did C&C change it's name??!!

So sorry...still catching up!!! lol

IDST...You are Precious....I will call you soon...I have 2 new cell phones and I'll email you the one I can talk to you on...You doing OK?...I Pray You are Girlfriend....I'm going through my ups and downs...meet Ya on the upswing K?  Wink

Yep...We be Sistas!!!

Life is good in St lou!!

You can call on the downside too...I'll lend ya an ear anytime!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #439 on: July 04, 2008, 10:38:45 AM »

SS remind me who is  Davin?

Davin aka Daury.  The name Davin came out of the recent reports associated with the book. He was living in Holland until around the end of October that I can determine, and then he left for New Zealand.  His friend is Jonathan, a "special" friend of Chemaly.  I don't have his last name.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.