May 21, 2024, 05:10:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #600 4/13 - 4/15/2007  (Read 169399 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #420 on: April 14, 2007, 06:46:23 PM »

Hi All!

Patti... no we haven't found the money at $15 each for the girls. It's hard for their family.

I am not feeling well, so might "hire" one of them to carry out my trash bags and that will help get the money by Thurs. night.

Anna, spray the Lysol into the vents too... you might fog the camera Laughing  except then you are getting the lysol smell from the vents.

I used to spray all the motel rooms and hotel rooms when I had to go on location. With one series we went to Tuscon very summer! "How the West Was Won" series. They'd give me the same Hilton hotel room each time. It was nice (had a large desk) in case I had to have school there, I guess. I'd change everything in the room... Sears loved me... new blankets, throw pillows, new stuff. Then I'd bring it back the next year. We were there for a few months.

Would only let the cleaning staff in every few days... new sheets hurt! I'd stand in the bath tub fulling dressed. Was so dirty from all the desert dust... used soap on the clothes then on me... The tub drain was soooo slow. Then I'd been standing in about 3 inches of brown water... from all the working grim. Nothing was ever glamorous.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #421 on: April 14, 2007, 06:48:27 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "klaasend"
It came with your new computer?

yep..
 I wanna kick some geek squad butt at Best Byt.. I paid extra for this all to be installed.  Evil or Very Mad
   You are right.. its not recognizing I have a PC?  Pffft

Angie dear, Vista is a new OS, it apparently works differently than your old OS. It would appear that you need to get some training/learning on how to use your new OS.

Yah think?  ROFL   I know Carnut.. its just really annoying.  Vista really is alot different then Xp or other versions. and It really does suck..!!  Smile

I'm sure it's different, but I'll bet once you get it figured out you'll find that
it was designed to make everything 'easier' than it used to be.

You are probably trying to do things your old way and the new VISTA probably has a new 'easier' way of doing it, once you figure it out.

Hopefully you have the printer cabled to the PC.

I'm would imagine that if you turn off the printer your PC will beep to let you know it is aware that the printer is turned off and if you turn the printer on the PC will beep again to let you know if found your printer.

If that happens you will know that the printer is talking to your PC.

Then its just a matter of figuring out how VISTA expects to be told to do what you want it to do.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #422 on: April 14, 2007, 06:51:33 PM »

Klaas..
  I tryed to lad what you posted and it says I am all up to date?  TY though.
 Guess I may have to call the GEEK SQUAD to ask why if I scan a photo it just ownt go right to my pc.
  On the little screen on the printer it says
 Welcome to Photosmart express
you can insert a memory card to print photos with mo computer.

CARNUT
 Have you worked with this new windows yet??
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #423 on: April 14, 2007, 06:51:33 PM »

yep..
 I wanna kick some geek squad butt at Best Byt.. I paid extra for this all to be installed.  Evil or Very Mad

Angie dear, Vista is a new OS, it apparently works differently than your old OS. It would appear that you need to get some training/learning on how to use your new OS.

Hi Carnut - have you worked with Vista yet?  Sounds like there are alot of "little" things causing people problems.  Downloads/fixes for peripherals and software programs.

Yes Vista has some problems with being backwards compatible with many things. Microsoft always does that, kind of a planned obsolecence thing to sell more new stuff.

It would appear though if Angie bought the whole package together that everything will be compatible, especially if the Best Buy Geeks had made sure is was all working right to begin with.

Kinda why I suspicion it's an operator thing more than a hardware/fix thing.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #424 on: April 14, 2007, 06:52:38 PM »

Quote from: "IBE"
Hi All!

Patti... no we haven't found the money at $15 each for the girls. It's hard for their family.

I am not feeling well, so might "hire" one of them to carry out my trash bags and that will help get the money by Thurs. night.

Anna, spray the Lysol into the vents too... you might fog the camera Laughing  except then you are getting the lysol smell from the vents.

I used to spray all the motel rooms and hotel rooms when I had to go on location. With one series we went to Tuscon very summer! "How the West Was Won" series. They'd give me the same Hilton hotel room each time. It was nice (had a large desk) in case I had to have school there, I guess. I'd change everything in the room... Sears loved me... new blankets, throw pillows, new stuff. Then I'd bring it back the next year. We were there for a few months.

Would only let the cleaning staff in every few days... new sheets hurt! I'd stand in the bath tub fulling dressed. Was so dirty from all the desert dust... used soap on the clothes then on me... The tub drain was soooo slow. Then I'd been standing in about 3 inches of brown water... from all the working grim. Nothing was ever glamorous.

IBE
  Sorry you do not feel well  Sad  Hope you feel better soon!  Smile
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #425 on: April 14, 2007, 06:54:22 PM »

Klaas..
 Guess I may have to call the GEEK SQUAD to ask why if I scan a photo it just ownt go right to my pc.

CARNUT

No, I haven't worked with Vista yet, and I will avoid it as long as humanly possible, just  because I don't like change.

I would still think that Vista probably works better than you think at least at regular PC things.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #426 on: April 14, 2007, 06:54:35 PM »

yep..

Hi Carnut - have you worked with Vista yet?  Sounds like there are alot of "little" things causing people problems.  Downloads/fixes for peripherals and software programs.

Yes Vista has some problems with being backwards compatible with many things. Microsoft always does that, kind of a planned obsolecence thing to sell more new stuff.

It would appear though if Angie bought the whole package together that everything will be compatible, especially if the Best Buy Geeks had made sure is was all working right to begin with.

Kinda why I suspicion it's an operator thing more than a hardware/fix thing.

LOL  Could be me?  But I got the book out for it.. and ..it dont work.
 Oh well.. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh.. I'll call Best Buy... maybe one of the Geek dipshits can walk me through it.   Smile
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #427 on: April 14, 2007, 06:56:34 PM »

Then its just a matter of figuring out how VISTA expects to be told to do what you want it to do.

I had to have a computer guy out recently.  He asked if I had Vista and I told him I had heard about all the bugs and planned to stick with XP until everything was worked out.  He said it is not a matter of bugs, but that Vista is more complicated than XP.  What can be done in one simple step with XP takes 4 steps with Vista. He gave me some examples that I don't remember.

He said with the full understanding of computers that he has and the difficulties he has encountered, he can understand the frustrations of the average computer user using Vista.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #428 on: April 14, 2007, 06:57:57 PM »

Klaas..

CARNUT

No, I haven't worked with Vista yet, and I will avoid it as long as humanly possible, just  because I don't like change.

I would still think that Vista probably works better than you think at least at regular PC things.

Nope its not easier.. it sucks. I have talked to others that have it.. and dont like it either and have the same torubles I do. My daughter and her hubby even puchased a new PC right before I got mine. They have VISTA and I called her earlier and she said she hates it and is stil trying to figure it out too. I did manage to figure out when I save a photo.. where it goes.. to save in my photobucket recently That was a start..lol
   Like I said..  I need to call Best Buy where I bought it and talk to one of the PC  geeks.  Smile    Ty Carnut!!
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #429 on: April 14, 2007, 06:58:59 PM »

Quote from: "Bobo2"

I had to have a computer guy out recently.  He asked if I had Vista and I told him I had heard about all the bugs and planned to stick with XP until everything was worked out.  He said it is not a matter of bugs, but that Vista is more complicated than XP.  What can be done in one simple step with XP takes 4 steps with Vista. He gave me some examples that I don't remember.

He said with the full understanding of computers that he has and the difficulties he has encountered, he can understand the frustrations of the average computer user using Vista.

Most geeks will say that.

Actually all GUI operating systems make things that a geek can do, harder to do.

I am a computer wizard at the command line and a GUI just gets in my way.

Still I'm sure that once folks get used to Vista it will be just as easy if not easier than XP at doing most things.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #430 on: April 14, 2007, 06:59:10 PM »

Klaas..

CARNUT

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE HAD YOUR SHOWER BEFORE GEEKS SQUAD COMES. Smile

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #431 on: April 14, 2007, 07:02:05 PM »

They see London

They See France

It makes their USB 2.0 Cables Dance!!!! Twisted Evil

Cool

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #432 on: April 14, 2007, 07:02:05 PM »

Oh boy.. and I am really PC stupid. I wish I could get rid of Vists and load XP on here.  Sad    it is very frutrating.. and I dont get why microsoft releases a new version of Windows when bugs arnt tweaked out yet? Talk about  putting the cart before the horse.  Bill Gates sucks.   Evil or Very Mad
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #433 on: April 14, 2007, 07:05:28 PM »

Quote from: "carpe noctem"
Klaas..

CARNUT

ROFL  I am showered Carpe  Smile  I am always clean.. ha ha!
 I didnt call yet.. but they come to your house?  Shocked  
   I guess I have to have some patience.. maybe I am just cranky cause I am sicky.  Sad
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #434 on: April 14, 2007, 07:05:37 PM »

------------------
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #435 on: April 14, 2007, 07:05:43 PM »

Quote from: "IBE"
Hi All!

Hi IBE!
Do you have a Paypal account?
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #436 on: April 14, 2007, 07:05:54 PM »

Oh boy.. and I am really PC stupid. I wish I could get rid of Vists and load XP on here.  Sad    it is very frutrating.. and I dont get why microsoft releases a new version of Windows when bugs arnt tweaked out yet? Talk about  putting the cart before the horse.  Bill Gates sucks.   Evil or Very Mad

Heh, heh, happens with every new OS, I still have many memories of helping folks load Win98SE onto machines that folks bought with XP Loaded and how they just couldn't use it, so wanted the Win98SE installed so they could use it.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #437 on: April 14, 2007, 07:07:17 PM »

------------------
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #438 on: April 14, 2007, 07:08:19 PM »

Carnut  I just shut the printer off.. and it did make a sound over my speakers?   So I know its hooked up..
  I turned it back on now for the hell of it and it made a sound again.
 Oh well.. Sad  
 At least my pc and printer LOOK nice.. ROFL  even if I cant use half the crap!
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #439 on: April 14, 2007, 07:09:34 PM »

Quote from: "carpe noctem"
Klaas..

CARNUT

ROFL  I am showered Carpe  Smile  I am always clean.. ha ha!
 I didnt call yet.. but they come to your house?  Shocked  
   I guess I have to have some patience.. maybe I am just cranky cause I am sicky.  Sad

Sure they come to your house, that is how that nudnick video taped
that ladies mootie!!!!!  Shocked

------------------
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.