May 02, 2024, 09:29:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #8 10/24 - 11/19/2007  (Read 215704 times)
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #340 on: November 01, 2007, 08:29:53 PM »

Monkeys

Christmas  AVI's Shocked    already ? 
What happend to ThanksGiving?   Confused
Did I miss the memo / AVI thread again ?

Yack at ya later...
SeeeYaa

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #341 on: November 01, 2007, 09:45:26 PM »

Monkeys

Christmas  AVI's Shocked    already ? 
What happend to ThanksGiving?   Confused
Did I miss the memo / AVI thread again ?

Yack at ya later...
SeeeYaa

Hey there, Oldfart....put some colorful feathers on your hat with some lights..you'll be okay....but get some tea bags for your eyes....come to think of it...I will have to get jack to move off of my throne... Laughing

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
crazybabyborg
« Reply #342 on: November 01, 2007, 10:04:51 PM »

LOL@2nj!  Laughing

I'm having the BEST time!  Very Happy

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #343 on: November 01, 2007, 10:10:26 PM »

Evening folks.. ready for bed here..

Was wondeting if Mrs Red and her team at work dressed for Halloween and what they decided on?  Smile

Have a great night all.   CBB left you a message in the lounge  Smile   
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #344 on: November 01, 2007, 10:12:10 PM »

<<Snip>>
Hey there, Oldfart....put some colorful feathers on your hat with some lights..you'll be okay....but get some tea bags for your eyes....come to think of it...I will have to get jack to move off of my throne... Laughing
2NJ
You could replace Jack with a big old Turkey... Not sure about one being roasted though  Rolling Eyes Wink

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: November 01, 2007, 10:16:25 PM »

Hi everyone.. Smile

Muffy . TY for posting about the pizza's.. Glad I read it cause I had some in my freezer.. they are in the garbage now as I post.   All these recalls .. getting crazy.   Mad   So sad !! 

Angie I think you are supposed to cut off the UPC code to get a refund.  You send them to the manufacturer or something.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #346 on: November 01, 2007, 10:21:39 PM »

Tennessee Town Runs Out of Water in Southeast Drought

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307437,00.html

It's almost this bad here.  Sometimes my water has a sort of chug-chug sound it never used to have before this drought.  This afternoon, I turned on the water and nothing happened except a trickle for a bit.  Then the water came on with that chugging sound/motion.

With 4 horses and about a dozen dogs, I don't think I could get by with three hours a day of water. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #347 on: November 01, 2007, 10:34:05 PM »

Anna,  Lordy,  I've been watching the news and how scary that several states are in that much danger for lack of water!  Praying for some down south!

OF,  Your right, I believe we skipped a holiday!  LOL  Thanksgiving?  But thanks CBB!
Your the avi queen, and klaas too, of course!

Ok, I just posted this in the lounge, but figured I would find more Monkeys here right now, so will post it here too.

I am in the market to purchase a new laptop and have been doing alot of research and checking prices, features etc.   I've noticed one that I am not very familiar with, showing up everywhere and wanted to know if anybody has any background on it.  It's Acer, which looks like they've merged with Gateway recently.
I have always been an HP person myself and did have a Gateway laptop awhile back, which I liked.  But Acer seems to fall into the cheapest category for what I am looking for, but do not want to sacrifice quality and support either.

So my question is for those who've had one and tech. savvy people for your input and advice, before I purchase anything.   I'm dying for one asap., so hoping I get some responses soon, before I just go out and purchase one for not holding myself back!  (little patience here) Smile

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #348 on: November 01, 2007, 10:45:45 PM »

Anna,  Lordy,  I've been watching the news and how scary that several states are in that much danger for lack of water!  Praying for some down south!

OF,  Your right, I believe we skipped a holiday!  LOL  Thanksgiving?  But thanks CBB!

Ok, I just posted this in the lounge, but figured I would find more Monkeys here right now, so will post it here too.

I am in the market to purchase a new laptop and have been doing alot of research and checking prices, features etc.   I've noticed one that I am not very familiar with, showing up everywhere and wanted to know if anybody has any background on it.  It's Acer, which looks like they've merged with Gateway recently.
I have always been an HP person myself and did have a Gateway laptop awhile back, which I liked.  But Acer seems to fall into the cheapest category for what I am looking for, but do not want to sacrifice quality and support either.

So my question is for those who've had one and tech. savvy people for your input and advice, before I purchase anything.   I'm dying for one asap., so hoping I get some responses soon, before I just go out and purchase one for not holding myself back!  (little patience here) Smile

Dihannah below is a link to a thread Carnut had started about a laptop.  I am still looking for another one that I think Louise started so give me a second.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=513.msg71116#msg71116
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #349 on: November 01, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »

Dihannah below is a link to a thread Carnut had started about a laptop.  I am still looking for another one that I think Louise started so give me a second.

Sorry it wasn't Louise it was Cubbee that started the thread but I would read what people had to say.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=601.msg81893#msg81893
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: November 01, 2007, 10:49:57 PM »

Yes, Acer will be on sale at Walmart tomorrow for $348.  Looks like a pretty good deal to me.  I would want to make sure that the memory can be expanded though, right now it's 1gb and I'd prefer seeing 2gb.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: November 01, 2007, 10:57:38 PM »

Ha!  Bet he just wants to eat it all himself!

Sweet Deal: Dentist Offers Kids $1 for Every Pound of Halloween Candy
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307489,00.html

PERSONA NON GRATA

crazybabyborg
« Reply #352 on: November 01, 2007, 11:05:44 PM »

The "newness" will wear off, I promise, but I've got Karma all fixed up too  Wink:

Maybe this will encourage us to shop early and have time to ENJOY the Holidays? Wouldn't count on it, but maybe!  Laughing

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #353 on: November 01, 2007, 11:18:39 PM »

<<Snip>>
2NJ
You could replace Jack with a big old Turkey... Not sure about one being roasted though  Rolling Eyes Wink

Ummm...maybe a throneacopia....heehee...nothing is appetizing with my avi..

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #354 on: November 01, 2007, 11:21:38 PM »

Yes, Acer will be on sale at Walmart tomorrow for $348.  Looks like a pretty good deal to me.  I would want to make sure that the memory can be expanded though, right now it's 1gb and I'd prefer seeing 2gb.

I saw that, too, Klaas...was thinking the same, but wasn't so sure about Acer....didin't know the name.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: November 01, 2007, 11:23:43 PM »

Acer has been around a long time.  I imagine it's pretty comperable to anything else. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #356 on: November 01, 2007, 11:26:09 PM »

Acer has been around a long time.  I imagine it's pretty comperable to anything else. 

http://global.acer.com/about/index.htm

Acer ranks as the world's No. 4 branded PC vendor, designing easy, dependable IT solutions that empower people to reach their goals and enhance their lives. Since spinning-off its manufacturing operation, Acer has focused on globally marketing its brand-name products: mobile and desktop PCs, servers and storage, LCD monitors and high-definition TVs, projectors, and handheld/navigational devices. Acer's unique Channel Business Model is instrumental to the company's continued success. The model encourages partners and suppliers to collaborate in a winning formula of supply-chain management, allowing Acer to provide customers with fresh technologies, competitive pricing, and quality service. Established in 1976, Acer Inc. employs 5,300 people supporting dealers and distributors in more than 100 countries. Revenues in 2006 reached US$11.32 billion.

http://global.acer.com/about/news.asp?id=6806

Acer Inc. - Gateway, Inc.: completion of merger

TAIPEI, TAIWAN (October 17, 2007) -- Acer Inc. (TWSE: 2353; LSE: AM50), announced today that it has completed the merger of its indirect wholly owned subsidiary with Gateway, Inc. (NYSE: GTW).  Gateway common stock will be suspended from trading on New York Stock Exchange as of the close of business, October 16, 2007, New York City time.  As a result of the merger, all outstanding shares of Gateway common stock other than shares as to which appraisal rights are perfected under Delaware law, were converted into the right to receive US$1.90 in cash per share.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #357 on: November 01, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »

Thanks San and Klaas with such fast response and info to go along with it!  I may just be buying an Acer!  Try to hit Walmart in the a.m.!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #358 on: November 01, 2007, 11:43:28 PM »

Thanks San and Klaas with such fast response and info to go along with it!  I may just be buying an Acer!  Try to hit Walmart in the a.m.!

See now that will be my biggest challenge.  Getting to Walmart by 8am, LOL  Laughing
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #359 on: November 02, 2007, 12:02:23 AM »

What in the heck happened to Thanksgiving...I was counting on turkey with all the trimmings before Christmas??  CBB you have to reign in that evil twin of yours...I think she's out of control....we have created a monter!  Rolling Eyes

Is Peaches looking for me?   You're very welcome, my dear friend.  Enjoy!  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.