May 06, 2024, 07:36:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Is Race the Issue?"  (Read 109444 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2008, 09:17:55 PM »

Just a bit off topic on a sideline to these excellent posts:

I've always loved that Jesus was a Jew because in the days He walked among us and from the area He was born, we can surmise that His skin color and features were typical: not black, not white, not asian, not Indian, but a wonderful amalgamation of all skin colors. The only ones that can claim Him as one of their own, at least racially, are the Jews. Through His grace, requiring only our faith, we have been grafted in; all of us!
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2008, 09:24:32 PM »

this weathermen thing is just a guild by association attempt and ridiculous in my view.
but maybe the mccain campaign will start bringing this up, this could be a problem.
in my opinion mccain has much bigger guild by association problem for being close to bush.

and about this flag pin: wearing one or not doesn't say much about patriotism.
it is just decoration. with or without one someone can be patriotic.
if he decides to wear one and the next day not wear one - no big deal.

and the comments by michelle obama on 60 minutes are not very thoughtful.
but she is not on the ballot.
that sentiment is not entirely unfounded though.
we know what happened to sean bell and amadou diallo.

i put these under distractions together with the rev. wright story.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2008, 10:07:41 PM »

I've always loved that Jesus was a Jew because in the days He walked among us and from the area He was born, we can surmise that His skin color and features were typical: not black, not white, not asian, not Indian, but a wonderful amalgamation of all skin colors. The only ones that can claim Him as one of their own, at least racially, are the Jews. Through His grace, requiring only our faith, we have been grafted in; all of us!

Thank you cbb

ALL those who accept the gift of Salvation are one in Christ ... no exceptions.

Janet

+++++++++++

THE SCRIPTURES

Ephesians 2:8-10
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Romans 10:12
For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him ...

JAMES CONE'S BLACK POWER/BLACK THEOLOGY

TRINITY UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST

"The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology."

http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

Black Theology & Black Power (Paperback)

First published in 1969, "Black Theology & Black Power" provided the first systematic presentation of black theology. Relating the militant struggle for liberation with the gospel message of salvation, James Cone laid the foundation for an original interpretation of Christianity that retains its urgency and challenge today.

http://www.amazon.ca/Black-Theology-Power-J-Cone/dp/1570751579

"Christ is black therefore not because of some cultural or psychological need of black people, but because and only because Christ really enters into our world where the poor were despised and the black are, disclosing that he is with them enduring humiliation and pain and transforming oppressed slaves into liberating servants." James Cone

"Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community ... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love." James Cone

"In the New Testament, Jesus is not for all, but for the oppressed, the poor and unwanted of society, and against oppressors ... Either God is for black people in their fight for liberation and against the white oppressors, or he is not." James Cone

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2008, 12:23:06 PM »

I agree with you CBB, that having been born in the Middle East, actually, very close to the continent of Africa, Jesus was sort of an Amalgam, Asian Continent, yet not considered Oriental or Asian...he most likely was of darker skin, perhaps curly hair.....but is Jewish a race, or a Religion.

Sometimes I hear that their are 3 races, Caucasoid, Negroid and Mongoloid......sometimes the races are referred to by color, Red, Yellow, Black and White.  Are our Native Americans part of the Mongoloid race, having come over from Asia by the Bering Strait?

Does any of this have any importance??  Did we all begin as one race...the Human Race, and evolve over time due to climate? 

What is an Arab?  He is from the continent of Africa, short miles from Jordan, Israel, what we refer to as the Middle East.  My son-in-law is from Iran  (but puleeze, call him Persian).  His skin is on the dark side, but his hair is straight and his eyes are not the shape of Orientals but of Europeans,...but he is from Asia, technically,...but also very close to Africa......is there another race?  Are there 3,4, or more???? 

I don't care, it makes no difference in who he is, how he was educated ( not in segregated schools, as Obama implies)  In his speech he states "Segregation was and still is the Law of the Land in America",......but yet he brags he received the best education, went to the "Best" schools,  paid for by his sacrificing White grandmother, even tho he has "often had to cringe when she made racial epithets"........ 

This man says whatever his present audience wants to hear, ...and if he was converted to Christianity by Jerimiah Wright, that is not the Christianity I know.  It was and is based on racism, distortions of history, and addressed to only one shade of people......inciting them with vehement declarations about the "Social injustices vented upon those of color by the white segment of our society,....keeping them uneducated, poor, irresponsible (esp. the fathers for their children).

Barak, raised by a white, midwestern grandmother, how did you EVER get where you are?????

Well, the great American General and former Secretary of State, Colin Powell once said,"Ya know, I come from Jamaican Immigrants, was raised in the South Bronx ( one of the worst Amer. slums, for any who don't know), went to City College and barely graduated with C's and D's and look at me, Secretary of State!!  What a GREAT COUNTRY"!!!!  Yes, Mr. Powell, a great country and you are one great man!!!!! (I wish you would've taken a chance and become our Nation's first "truly" Black, African-American President!!! 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2008, 04:01:34 PM »

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/29729_Michelle_Obamas_Name_Removed_from_Terrorist_Fundraisers_Web_Page

Michelle Obama's Name Removed from Terrorist Fundraiser's Web Page - Update: Terror Fundraiser's Page Disappears!
Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 6:52:41 am PST

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2008, 07:04:15 PM »

PASTORS WHO BACK MCCAIN

Rod Parsley endorses McCain

Rod Parsley Pastor called "Islam is an anti-Christ religion" and " the Prophet Muhammad "the mouthpiece of a conspiracy of spiritual evil."

Pastor John Hagee endorses McCain:

John Hagee has been criticized as anti-Catholic, but McCain rejected his endorsement only after a Web site unearthed a sermon Hagee gave portraying Hitler as a tool God used to deliver Jews to the promised land.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2008, 07:06:53 PM »

Mitt Romney might be vp for McCain
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2008, 07:11:40 PM »

GEORGE W. BUSH endorses McCain

McCain said in 2003:

“I think we can set up a program where amnesty is extended to a certain number of people who are eligible. And at the same time make sure that we have some control over people who come in and out of” the  “country.  Amnesty has to be an important part because there are people who have lived in this country for 20, 30 or 40 years, who have raised children here,” paid ““taxes here and are not citizens. That has to be a component of it.”
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #208 on: May 25, 2008, 07:18:47 PM »

Rush Limbaugh urges vote for Obama
Rush Limbaugh said Wednesday he really wants Sen. Barack Obama to be the party's nominee.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2008, 07:20:29 PM »

Edwards Backs Obama for Democratic Nomination

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2008, 07:25:32 PM »

ENDORSEMENTS FOR OBAMA

* Oprah Winfrey, television host, actress
    * Edward Kennedy, Massachusetts senator
    * Caroline Kennedy, daughter of John F. Kennedy
    * Deval Patrick, governor of Massachusetts
    * Federico Peña, Secretary of Energy under Bill Clinton
    * Theodore Sorensen, advisor to John F. Kennedy
    * Kathleen Turner, actress
    * Gary Hirshberg, CEO of Stonyfield Farm Yogurt
    * Bill Bradley, former senator from New Jersey, and player for the New York Knicks
    * John Kerry four-term junior senator from Massachusetts
    * Janet Napolitano, Governor of Arizona
    * Newspaper Las Vegas Review-Journal
    * Patrick Leahy, Senator from Vermont, chairman of the Judiciary Committee
    * Toni Morrison, author
    * Robert DeNiro, actor
    * Maria Shriver, wife of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
    * George Clooney, actor
    * David Wilhelm manager of Bill Clinton's 1992 presidential campaign
    * Service Employees International Union
    * United Food and Commercial Workers International Union
    * Sheila Crump Johnson, entrepreneur
    * Teamsters Union
    * Hulk Hogan, wrestler and TV host
    * Chris Dodd, Ohio senator
    * John D. Rockefeller IV, senator from West Virginia
    * Russell Simmons, rap and clothing mogul
    * Louis Farrakhan, leader of the Nation of Islam (Obama rejected the endorsement)
    * Bill Richardson, Governor of New Mexico
    * Douglas Kmiec, Republican lawyer
    * Bruce Springsteen, musician
    * Robert Reich, former Clinton staffer

Ethel Kennedy
Ted Turner

JOHN KERRY

Bill Bradley
Ted Sorensen, a top adviser to President Kennedy.

TOM HANKS BACKS OBAMA BECAUSE OF THE SENATOR'S "CHARACTER AND VISION"

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2008, 09:13:10 PM »

Rush Limbaugh said Wednesday he really wants Sen. Barack Obama to be the party's nominee.

Hmmmm, is that what you REALLY believe Rush is saying????
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2008, 09:17:55 PM »

ENDORSEMENTS FOR OBAMA

* Oprah Winfrey, television host, actress
    * Edward Kennedy, Massachusetts senator
    * Caroline Kennedy, daughter of John F. Kennedy
    * Deval Patrick, governor of Massachusetts
    * Federico Peña, Secretary of Energy under Bill Clinton
    * Theodore Sorensen, advisor to John F. Kennedy
    * Kathleen Turner, actress
    * Gary Hirshberg, CEO of Stonyfield Farm Yogurt
    * Bill Bradley, former senator from New Jersey, and player for the New York Knicks
    * John Kerry four-term junior senator from Massachusetts
    * Janet Napolitano, Governor of Arizona
    * Newspaper Las Vegas Review-Journal
    * Patrick Leahy, Senator from Vermont, chairman of the Judiciary Committee
    * Toni Morrison, author
    * Robert DeNiro, actor
    * Maria Shriver, wife of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
    * George Clooney, actor
    * David Wilhelm manager of Bill Clinton's 1992 presidential campaign
    * Service Employees International Union
    * United Food and Commercial Workers International Union
    * Sheila Crump Johnson, entrepreneur
    * Teamsters Union
    * Hulk Hogan, wrestler and TV host
    * Chris Dodd, Ohio senator
    * John D. Rockefeller IV, senator from West Virginia
    * Russell Simmons, rap and clothing mogul
    * Louis Farrakhan, leader of the Nation of Islam (Obama rejected the endorsement)
    * Bill Richardson, Governor of New Mexico
    * Douglas Kmiec, Republican lawyer
    * Bruce Springsteen, musician
    * Robert Reich, former Clinton staffer

Ethel Kennedy
Ted Turner

JOHN KERRY

Bill Bradley
Ted Sorensen, a top adviser to President Kennedy.

TOM HANKS BACKS OBAMA BECAUSE OF THE SENATOR'S "CHARACTER AND VISION"

Now that's a bunch of unPatriotic Liberals eager to sell out our country!!!!!!
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2008, 09:25:04 PM »

PASTORS WHO BACK MCCAIN

Rod Parsley Pastor called "Islam is an anti-Christ religion" and " the Prophet Muhammad "the mouthpiece of a conspiracy of spiritual evil."

By George, I believe that Pastor Parsley is on to something!!!!  ::MonkeyDance::
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2008, 02:31:07 AM »

Kermit

Rush Limbaugh does not support Barack Obama.  However ... he does feel if Barack Obama is chosen as the nominee for the Democractic Party ... it will increase the chances that McCain will be elected the next President of the United States in the November.

On CNN the other day ... a political strategic revealed that the results of a random poll indictated that ... if Obama was the nominee and ... considering the Republic nominee's is just right of center in his most of his positions ... the majority of Clinton supporters would cast their ballots for McCain rather than Obama in November.  However ... if Clinton was the nominee ... the majority of Obama supporters would cast their default vote for Clinton.

This is why Rush Limbaugh ... a Republican through and through ... is hoping that Barack Obama is the successful nominee to lead the Democracts.

Janet

+++++++++++++++

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_052308/content/01125114.guest.html

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_051608/content/01125112.guest.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2008, 02:31:54 PM »

PASTORS WHO BACK MCCAIN

Pastor John Hagee endorses McCain:
John Hagee has been criticized as anti-Catholic, but McCain rejected his endorsement only after a Web site unearthed a sermon Hagee gave portraying Hitler as a tool God used to deliver Jews to the promised land.

The difference ...

John McCain was not a member of Hagee and Parsley's church for twenty years.  John McCain did not have a personal relationship with Hagee and Parsley.  When the controversial views of Hagee and Parsley ... which are embraced by many evangelical Christians ... were recently exposed ... McCain made the decision to distanced himself from the endorsements these two Pastors.

Barack Obama was a member Trinity United which has a foundation based on the "Black Power; Black Theology" authored by James Cone.  Also Barack Obama had a twenty year relationship with the Pastor of Trinity United.  He afforded Jeremiah Wright the honor of officiating at his marriage and ... baptising his beautiful daughters.  Obama afforded Wright a position of "spiritual advisor" of his campaign.  The distancing of Jeremiah Wright did not occur until the media exposed the racist, anti-American rantings that were preached from the pulpit of Trinity United and applauded by the thousands in his congregation ... the distancing did not occur until January, 2008.

At this time Barack Obama made the decision to distance himself from the endorsement of Louis Farrakhan ... the racist, anti-American leader of the Nation of Islam and ... Hatem El-Hady ... former chairman of the Toledo-based Islamic charity Kindhearts ... which was closed by the US government in 2006 for terrorist fundraising.  El-Hadd had been afforded a link on Obama campaign website.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2008, 03:09:41 PM »

The following article is a reminder to what the pastor of Barack Obama for twenty years openly declared regarding the Natalee Holloway case. Rather than condemn the corrupt investigation which has denied an American citizen justice … he played the race card in his message in the publication of Trinity United.

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAY!

Janet

+++++++++++++

ELECTION 2008
Obama's pastor disses Natalee Holloway
'White girl goes off and gives it up' in Aruba, preacher pal says
January 28, 2005

Sen. Barack Obama's longtime friend and spiritual adviser trashed the memory of a missing and presumed dead American teenage girl, according to church publications reviewed by WND.

Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the controversial minister of Obama's church in Chicago, cited the case of Natalee Holloway's disappearance in Aruba in complaining about what he sees as the media's bias in covering white victims of crime over black victims.

"Black women are being raped daily in Darfur, Sudan, in the Congo and in Sub-Saharan Africa. That doesn't make news," Wright said in the August 2005 edition of Trumpet Magazine, a publication of his Trinity United Church of Christ.

But, "One 18-year-old white girl from Alabama gets drunk on a graduation trip to Aruba, goes off and 'gives it up' while in a foreign country, and that stays in the news for months!" he added. "Maybe I am missing something!"

The circumstances involving the coed's disappearance remain unclear, and the case remains unsolved. Holloway left Mountain Brook, Ala., on a May 2005 senior class trip to Aruba.

Attempts to reach her family for comment were unsuccessful. But her mother, Beth Holloway, has written a book, "Loving Natalee," in which she reveals her daughter named Jesus Christ as one of the most influential people in her life in a trove of writings she found in her bedroom.

<snipped>

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59887

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2008, 04:10:42 PM »

Kermit

Rush Limbaugh does not support Barack Obama.  However ... he does feel if Barack Obama is chosen as the nominee for the Democractic Party ... it will increase the chances that McCain will be elected the next President of the United States in the November.

On CNN the other day ... a political strategic revealed that the results of a random poll indictated that ... if Obama was the nominee and ... considering the Republic nominee's is just right of center in his most of his positions ... the majority of Clinton supporters would cast their ballots for McCain rather than Obama in November.  However ... if Clinton was the nominee ... the majority of Obama supporters would cast their default vote for Clinton.

This is why Rush Limbaugh ... a Republican through and through ... is hoping that Barack Obama is the successful nominee to lead the Democracts.

Janet

+++++++++++++++

Election Center 2008
Bill Clinton: 'Cover up' hiding Hillary Clinton's chances
May 26, 2008

(CNN) -- Former President Bill Clinton said that Democrats were more likely to lose in November if Hillary Clinton is not the nominee, and suggested some were trying to "push and pressure and bully" superdelegates to make up their minds prematurely.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/26/bill.clinton.mon/index.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: May 26, 2008, 04:38:55 PM »

Kermit

Janet

+++++++++++++++

Election Center 2008
Bill Clinton: 'Cover up' hiding Hillary Clinton's chances
May 26, 2008

(CNN) -- Former President Bill Clinton said that Democrats were more likely to lose in November if Hillary Clinton is not the nominee, and suggested some were trying to "push and pressure and bully" superdelegates to make up their minds prematurely.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/26/bill.clinton.mon/index.html

Obama told: keep Hillary on board as running mate
Monday, May 26, 2008

A growing concern for Democrats is the fact that, during her primary defeats as well as victories, Hillary Clinton has soundly defeated Obama among working-class whites, rural voters, and older women.

And, since presumptive Republican nominee John McCain has also polled well with these groups, Obama will have to figure out a way to connect with them if he hopes to become America's first black president in November.

"He needs to worry about those voting areas," said Morrison, who's now a Capital Hill lobbyist."He certainly needs to worry about Irish-America, Italian-America, and Polish-America, and other communities like that. And they're very concentrated in particularly important states, like Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan."

"He can win them. But he'll win them easier if they put Hillary on the ticket."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/article3739223.ece

_____

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #219 on: May 26, 2008, 06:25:52 PM »

Tomika, why are you wasting so much time and energy.........don't you realize that you are preaching to the choir??????  Kermie, made a joke!!!!! He KNOWS Limbaugh!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.