May 21, 2024, 10:57:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #496 7/16 - 7/18/2006  (Read 136273 times)
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #820 on: July 18, 2006, 03:04:49 PM »

Quote from: "ala_gunslinger"

Third, I hope I can call you a friend, or at least a brother for the cause.  I respect your opinion.  I guess I did not address the anger because I have become too accustomed to it myself.  If I ever appear to show anger to anyone here, please remind me of my calming thought.  "There are more important things.".

I have a lot of exercises and toys that I can play with to help me control it.

Hell, I didn't even touch my sister when she beat my mother for drug money.  I did make her a promise.

Slinger...I think we're ALL brothers and sisters for the cause.  That's not in question.  And, of course you can call me a "friend".  It's better then being threatened with physical violence by a poster on a blog site!  Wink

Seriously though, the point I was trying to make is that I geuss there's always decisions to be made here.  If verbal attacks of aggression are being directed towards one of those "brothers and sisters for the cause" we spoke of, shouldn't your duty be to defend them?  That's what Mama Strike taught me, and that's what my insticts dictated.  That's all I was trying to say...

Me and you though??  We're purple cool!  That's for sure!  I don't mind you disagreeing with me at all!!  As a matter of fact, I encourage it at times.  As long as there is respect shared, it's all to-the-good!!  Wink
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #821 on: July 18, 2006, 03:05:06 PM »

Katz.. I would help offset some of your expenses if you could possibly get some digital a/v    Very Happy

Existence is futile.
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #822 on: July 18, 2006, 03:05:53 PM »

Quote from: "cp405"
ala-gunslinger, I've been meaning to ask you how do you float in the pool with your laptop?

I got it a wetsuit.

Existence is futile.
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #823 on: July 18, 2006, 03:08:53 PM »

Quote from: "thirdstrike"

Third, I hope I can call you a friend, or at least a brother for the cause.  I respect your opinion.  I guess I did not address the anger because I have become too accustomed to it myself.  If I ever appear to show anger to anyone here, please remind me of my calming thought.  "There are more important things.".

Hell, I didn't even touch my sister when she beat my mother for drug money.  I did make her a promise.

Slinger...I think we're ALL brothers and sisters for the cause.  That's not in question.  And, of course you can call me a "friend".  It's better then being threatened with physical violence by a poster on a blog site!  Wink

Seriously though, the point I was trying to make is that I geuss there's always decisions to be made here.  If verbal attacks of aggression are being directed towards one of those "brothers and sisters for the cause" we spoke of, shouldn't your duty be to defend them?  That's what Mama Strike taught me, and that's what my insticts dictated.  That's all I was trying to say...

Me and you though??  We're purple cool!  That's for sure!  I don't mind you disagreeing with me at all!!  As a matter of fact, I encourage it at times.  As long as there is respect shared, it's all to-the-good!!  Wink

Existence is futile.
cp405
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #824 on: July 18, 2006, 03:11:11 PM »

ala-gunslinger, I've been meaning to ask you how do you float in the pool with your laptop?

I got it a wetsuit.

For real, or are you pulling my leg?  I can't even see my screen out in the sun.
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #825 on: July 18, 2006, 03:20:27 PM »

oops. dropped beer on laptop  please feel free to delete the above oops.

Now third, please don't take this the wrong way.  I try to behave as if I were in the Red Residence.  I have not observed anyone needing defending.  In other words, I wouldn't want to be disrespectful or cross ya'll anyday!  You are all adults, we can agree to disagree.  This is just something my previous employer spent thousands of dollars on changing my 'I don't give a flying F***.' Attitude.

Now, I have actually done this...

community inhabitant:  "How was your summer??"
me:                            "Supper-Fantastic!!!!"
community inhabitant:  "Well, we went to the beach, etc.."
                                  "What did YOU do this summer?"
me:                            "Learned how to say Supper-Fantastic instead of                  
                                  F*** You"

Needless to say, I needed some serious people skill lessons!

Existence is futile.
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #826 on: July 18, 2006, 03:24:33 PM »

Now third, please don't take this the wrong way.  I try to behave as if I were in the Red Residence.  I have not observed anyone needing defending.  In other words, I wouldn't want to be disrespectful or cross ya'll anyday!  You are all adults, we can agree to disagree.  This is just something my previous employer spent thousands of dollars on changing my 'I don't give a flying F***.' Attitude.

F*** You"

Aww...it don't really matter now anyway!  It's old news at this point.  Can I have one of those beers now??  Wink
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #827 on: July 18, 2006, 03:26:11 PM »

I got it a wetsuit.

For real, or are you pulling my leg?  I can't even see my screen out in the sun.

Try a polarized screen or sun glasses.  Works for the new fish locators for the Ranger!  Now that Ranger is a high tech redneck toy.  Was my dads, it's a 1985.  Best lookin 20 year old on the lake!

Existence is futile.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #828 on: July 18, 2006, 03:27:44 PM »

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing GS!

I am afraid I need some of those lessons Shocked

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #829 on: July 18, 2006, 03:29:29 PM »

F*** You"

Aww...it don't really matter now anyway!  It's old news at this point.  Can I have one of those beers now??  Wink

What kind????

Existence is futile.
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #830 on: July 18, 2006, 03:30:06 PM »

F*** You"

What kind????

Can I get a Pacifico?
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #831 on: July 18, 2006, 03:30:14 PM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"
Laughing  Laughing  Laughing GS!

I am afraid I need some of those lessons Shocked

lol Kimmy!  

I still remember how to do it!!!

Existence is futile.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #832 on: July 18, 2006, 03:30:21 PM »

Hi Monkeys!

I'm doing a quick drive by, but wondered if Jossy has been set up for Dana's show and if we were collecting questions, yet.

Also, I downloaded Google's newest version of Google Earth and noticed that the images for Aruba seemed more detailed than the version I had anyway. I still have difficulty getting a frame of reference, unlike Klaas who could be a tour guide there! ( Love you, Klaas! ) I was hoping that maybe someone with those maps Klass has labeled could repost one so that I could take a look at the real SI from it, please? The area I'm particularly interested in is the VDS house/Lion's Den. TIA!

At some point, even though I know I'm still beating that poor horse, I'd love to continue disecting the taped conversation. There was a really good start, but it was never completed. I have the peresistant nagging that the conversation, even though orchestrated by knowledge of potential recording, is a unique element in this case, and that there are still things to be extracted from it. I can't think of a better surgeon than the folks at SM to do it.
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #833 on: July 18, 2006, 03:34:28 PM »

Third, I'll be honest.  Never heard of a Pacifica.  But if ya don't mind some 'Copperhead Road Brewers Black Snake', I might be able to help ya out.

Also making some big engineering changes to my 'alternative fuel' experiment.  Had to upgrade some components.

I think Skeeters would be an excelent guest for Dana!

Existence is futile.
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #834 on: July 18, 2006, 03:35:36 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Hi Monkeys!

I'm doing a quick drive by, but wondered if Jossy has been set up for Dana's show and if we were collecting questions, yet.

Also, I downloaded Google's newest version of Google Earth and noticed that the images for Aruba seemed more detailed than the version I had anyway. I still have difficulty getting a frame of reference, unlike Klaas who could be a tour guide there! ( Love you, Klaas! ) I was hoping that maybe someone with those maps Klass has labeled could repost one so that I could take a look at the real SI from it, please? The area I'm particularly interested in is the VDS house/Lion's Den. TIA!

At some point, even though I know I'm still beating that poor horse, I'd love to continue disecting the taped conversation. There was a really good start, but it was never completed. I have the peresistant nagging that the conversation, even though orchestrated by knowledge of potential recording, is a unique element in this case, and that there are still things to be extracted from it. I can't think of a better surgeon than the folks at SM to do it.

Hey CBB!!  Good to see you when there's actually daylight outside...Wink
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #835 on: July 18, 2006, 03:36:18 PM »

Third, I'll be honest.  Never heard of a Pacifica.  But if ya don't mind some 'Copperhead Road Brewers Black Snake', I might be able to help ya out.

Also making some big engineering changes to my 'alternative fuel' experiment.  Had to upgrade some components.

I think Skeeters would be an excelent guest for Dana!

It's Pacifico, but whatever you have is fine.  Wink
crazybabyborg
« Reply #836 on: July 18, 2006, 03:37:11 PM »

O/T

BTW..........Is it HOT where everybody else is? We're breaking records today! Whew! I'm going to have to pull Marilyn back out in her bathing suit if this keeps up!   Laughing

Great FP post today! Thanks, Red!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #837 on: July 18, 2006, 03:37:39 PM »

Klaas... did I say something wrong again???

No??  Why do you ask?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: July 18, 2006, 03:39:47 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Hi Monkeys!

CBB
- Thanks for the heads up about the new version of Google Earth, I'll check it out.

Not sure if it's comfirmed yet about Jossy being on Dana's show Thursday.  I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to gather questions anyway.  Why don't you go ahead and start a thread for it??
crazybabyborg
« Reply #839 on: July 18, 2006, 03:42:52 PM »

Good idea, Klass. Will do. Even if it can't be worked out this week, I'm hopeful that we'll have an opportunity to ask more questions sometime. I'll just title it New ?? for Jossy  Wink BRB
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.