May 14, 2024, 06:37:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 205559 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #420 on: August 26, 2007, 02:55:09 PM »

I dont have any pets anymore  Sad

Muffy.. what is a pill pocket??   Embarassed
Ang ~ a pill pocket looks like a hollowed out gumdrop, made of beef, chicken etc.  If you need to give your pet a pill, you take a pill pocket (they are kind of soft), put the pill into top of pill pocket, and squeeze it around the pill.  And you give to dog.  Mine like it so much, they don't spit out the pill.  They come in large size or small size.  The company that makes "Greenies" makes this product.  It is sold at vets, and Petsmart and Petco type places. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #421 on: August 26, 2007, 02:57:18 PM »

I keep forgetting that it's probably ok to do this here! 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: August 26, 2007, 02:59:54 PM »

Oh CBB  that is cute!  Angie is still her same cute bunny-self, which we can recognize yet she has goblins about her for Halloween.  Fun!!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #423 on: August 26, 2007, 03:00:46 PM »

Aah yes. And isn't it freeing, CBB? Wink
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #424 on: August 26, 2007, 03:01:02 PM »

I just got here and noticed all the anger stirred up by what a few of us said this morning.

My only comment in response is that reprimanding people for genuinely feeling the way they do, and accusing them of merely being stubborn and uncooperative, isn't going to win friends and influence posters, IMO.

I'm not trying to stir up controversy, just wanted to make one final comment on the topic.

You seem to be the only one that hasn't moved on from all the "anger".  Not sure why you have a problem with the Musing thread as the majority do not.  I do realize that change is sometimes harder on some than others. 

Please explain to me why you think it's appropriate to discuss brushing teeth and sockmonkeys in a thread about a missing person?  TIA
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #425 on: August 26, 2007, 03:01:41 PM »

Another wonderful supplement for dogs is BeneBac, beneficial bacteria to help with digestion but get the large 15 gram tube as the little individual ones go rancid quickly.

This is like Lactaid for humans and seeds the good bacteria in their little guts so they digest better.  Also, it, too will help with allergies.  You only give about every four weeks or so.  Digestion improves tremendously.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #426 on: August 26, 2007, 03:03:22 PM »

I just posted this in the NH thread and wanted to reference it here as well. There seems to be continual questioning as to why we have separated threads. SM always does things for a reason and frankly we do things on this site to help families of missing and exploited persons first and foremost. All else is secondary in my book. I do find it amazing as to what I have seen commented on in threads and in chat as to the questioning of this site. Do not ever think that RED does not see all.

If we made a comment every time we heard something from a family memeber but were not at liberty to talk about it I would spend 90% of my time of SM telling you Monkeys that I have a secret and I can't tell you.

We have many great things coming up in the very near future with SM and many new and exciting directions. All in an effort to inform and help families.

We also want to provide the ability for you to continue to just talk about topics that you wish to as well. I thank the many of you that have been patient and have embraced the changes implemented at SM.

I had previously stated that a family member had contacted us for their help. Well, this week that family member will be coming on the SM Forum.

FYI Monkeys ...

As I have always stated there is a reason why we do things here and why we implement certain formats for discussion and the sharing of information.

We had mentioned a family member had contacted us. This is a heads up and more details will be forth coming as to a more exact data and time.

However, Natalee Holloway's uncle, Paul Reynolds, will be coming on Scared Monkeys forum this week to discuss some issues and ask for our help.

This is a great opportunity to help the family. He had contacted my many weeks back and I said that SM would be more than willing to lend a hand.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #427 on: August 26, 2007, 03:04:05 PM »

Inspiring, Dugga!   Wink

Why, I may join a nudist colony!  Shocked  Shocked Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: August 26, 2007, 03:05:43 PM »

Exactly, Dugga!  It is tremendously freeing for those who have qualms about posting trivia on a thread about someone's likely deceased child.

I know I feel free to disucss things here now that I never would have before.  Just me, however.

Speaking of Tyler

I wish she would make a permanent gardening thread somewhere and we could all go there and ask her questions when we have a problem.

Also would bet this heat has played havoc on her roses and for that I am truly sorry but know it has to have been devastating to them.

Maybe she will make a Q&A thread, post seasonal stuff we should be doing, etc. and Klaas could sticky it somewhere so we can go to it as needed?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #429 on: August 26, 2007, 03:11:18 PM »

I just got here and noticed all the anger stirred up by what a few of us said this morning.

My only comment in response is that reprimanding people for genuinely feeling the way they do, and accusing them of merely being stubborn and uncooperative, isn't going to win friends and influence posters, IMO.

I'm not trying to stir up controversy, just wanted to make one final comment on the topic.

You seem to be the only one that hasn't moved on from all the "anger".  Not sure why you have a problem with the Musing thread as the majority do not.  I do realize that change is sometimes harder on some than others. 

Please explain to me why you think it's appropriate to discuss brushing teeth and sockmonkeys in a thread about a missing person?  TIA

Klaas

I'm not angry. After the topic was introduced this morning, I was simply conveying the concerns I have heard people express recently. I was attempting to help answer the question of why posting has been slow and to solve the problem. The whole thing doesn't really make any difference to me one way or the other. I don't ever have to post anywhere ever again about sock monkeys or toothbrushes, and my life would still be pretty much the same.

My most recent comment was only to say that there are people out there who feel the way they feel. I'm not sure that telling them they're wrong for feeling that way will help them feel more comfortable posting here, if they are having problems with that. Having an open discussion and allowing people to express their concerns would be more useful, IMO. However, you can rest assured that I will not bring up the topic again.

I Stand With The Girl
crazybabyborg
« Reply #430 on: August 26, 2007, 03:11:59 PM »

I just posted this in the NH thread and wanted to reference it here as well. There seems to be continual questioning as to why we have separated threads. SM always does things for a reason and frankly we do things on this site to help families of missing and exploited persons first and foremost. All else is secondary in my book. I do find it amazing as to what I have seen commented on in threads and in chat as to the questioning of this site. Do not ever think that RED does not see all.

If we made a comment every time we heard something from a family memeber but were not at liberty to talk about it I would spend 90% of my time of SM telling you Monkeys that I have a secret and I can't tell you.

We have many great things coming up in the very near future with SM and many new and exciting directions. All in an effort to inform and help families.

We also want to provide the ability for you to continue to just talk about topics that you wish to as well. I thank the many of you that have been patient and have embraced the changes implemented at SM.

I had previously stated that a family member had contacted us for their help. Well, this week that family member will be coming on the SM Forum.

FYI Monkeys ...

As I have always stated there is a reason why we do things here and why we implement certain formats for discussion and the sharing of information.

We had mentioned a family member had contacted us. This is a heads up and more details will be forth coming as to a more exact data and time.

However, Natalee Holloway's uncle, Paul Reynolds, will be coming on Scared Monkeys forum this week to discuss some issues and ask for our help.

This is a great opportunity to help the family. He had contacted my many weeks back and I said that SM would be more than willing to lend a hand.

He misses NOTHING!
(you're chuckling, right, Red?) It's your Halloween avi!

It's a serious topic, and I just don't understand the problem. If there is anything we can do to assist the family, end of discussion as far as I'm concerned.
( ha-ha, Red?   gulp)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #431 on: August 26, 2007, 03:12:41 PM »

Another wonderful supplement for dogs is BeneBac, beneficial bacteria to help with digestion but get the large 15 gram tube as the little individual ones go rancid quickly.

This is like Lactaid for humans and seeds the good bacteria in their little guts so they digest better.  Also, it, too will help with allergies.  You only give about every four weeks or so.  Digestion improves tremendously.

Thank you for that suggestion Anna. Where do I get BeneBac, please?  My little yorkie Muffy has very sensitive skin.  Allergic to shampoos that are scented and etc., plus grass allergies.

Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #432 on: August 26, 2007, 03:13:04 PM »

Speaking of Tyler

I wish she would make a permanent gardening thread somewhere and we could all go there and ask her questions when we have a problem.

Super idea, Anna. Perhaps you should consider doing the same in a canine thread? You're extremely knowledgeable and I always enjoy reading your suggestions for dogs. You might think about popping over into the lounge and starting a thread of your own for this very purpose.

I love having access to experts when I have a question! Which reminds me - can you help me with my dachshund's problematic "submissive urination"? My issues are very nearly word-for-word as what is described here. If you're up to a thread of your own, I'll move the puppy-piddle talk over there. Smile

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #433 on: August 26, 2007, 03:16:28 PM »

Speaking of Tyler

Super idea, Anna. Perhaps you should consider doing the same in a canine thread? You're extremely knowledgeable and I always enjoy reading your suggestions for dogs. You might think about popping over into the lounge and starting a thread of your own for this very purpose.

I love having access to experts when I have a question! Which reminds me - can you help me with my dachshund's problematic "submissive urination"? My issues are very nearly word-for-word as what is described here. If you're up to a thread of your own, I'll move the puppy-piddle talk over there. Smile

This should prove to be a busy thread if Anna decides to take the assignment (which will by the way, self-destruct in 60 seconds etc. etc.)  LOL  Anna I would love to see you do this.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #434 on: August 26, 2007, 03:19:50 PM »

I'm just catching up. First of all, my sincere apologies for "starting things up" late last night. I wasn't trying to bitch about the format -- I think it is appropriate and should be this way. I was trying to "lament" the fact that BOTH the musing thread AND Natalee thread had dropped off considerably. I had no idea that ANY family member at all had commented about the format, but I certainly understand the concern.  Neutral

crazybabyborg
« Reply #435 on: August 26, 2007, 03:24:40 PM »

Hey, Wreck! I've got you ready for Halloween!

I like having the buttons. Wouldn't want anything to happen to my buttons.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 03:27:13 PM by crazybabyborg » Logged
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #436 on: August 26, 2007, 03:25:37 PM »

I dont have any pets anymore  Sad

Muffy.. what is a pill pocket??   Embarassed
Ang ~ a pill pocket looks like a hollowed out gumdrop, made of beef, chicken etc.  If you need to give your pet a pill, you take a pill pocket (they are kind of soft), put the pill into top of pill pocket, and squeeze it around the pill.  And you give to dog.  Mine like it so much, they don't spit out the pill.  They come in large size or small size.  The company that makes "Greenies" makes this product.  It is sold at vets, and Petsmart and Petco type places. 

Ty Muffy..
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #437 on: August 26, 2007, 03:26:45 PM »

Laughing Laughing  Ty CBB.. 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: August 26, 2007, 03:28:10 PM »

Thanks, Red!

Looking forward and know you can count on us to do anything at all that we can do to help.

PERSONA NON GRATA

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #439 on: August 26, 2007, 03:29:30 PM »

Hey, Wreck! I've got you ready for Halloween!

I like having the buttons. Wouldn't want anything to happen to my buttons.

Thanks, I will save it. ( a little early yet to be thinkin' Halloweeen!)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.