May 22, 2024, 06:29:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #625 5/20-5/22/2007  (Read 162736 times)
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #440 on: May 21, 2007, 09:26:05 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
I’m not a big Cracker Barrel fan either.  The breakfast menu is okay.  One thing I noticed on their menu was chicken fried chicken and I always wonder WTH?  What is fried chicken if it is not chicken fried chicken?  I understand chicken fried steak, because you fry steak the way you would chicken, but chicken fried chicken???   Rolling Eyes

LOL!! Never looked at it that way but boy, you brought that home.  WTF
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #441 on: May 21, 2007, 09:28:36 PM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"
Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "BTgirl"

Hey, I wasnt the one picking on the Yanks, I'm one too !!!

Artcolley knows I love her.  Wink

you got me in trouble!!

but I guess I had it comming for flipping you the bird  Laughing  Laughing

OKay, okay. To tell the truth, I just wanted to see how it felt to be "offended" by something!  Laughing
Actually, people that get offended easily "offend" me! Har har har!

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

aint that the truth though, people who run around playing the "I'm offended card" just so they can gain some tiny piece of control over others is getting way out of hand.  People running around being offended all the time should have to go to a stick and stones may break my bones class or something
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: May 21, 2007, 09:29:50 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
IF WE ARE GOING TO BE OFF-TOPIC SINCE THERE IS NO NEWS, CAN WE STAY AWAY FROM POLITICS AND RELIGION PLEASE?

Wink

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #443 on: May 21, 2007, 09:30:12 PM »

Y'all must be talking about a different Cracker Barrel than the ones we have around here cuz the ones around here are nasty   puker

Well, it is good old southern country cooking. Are you not from the south? Laughing

LOL, Cracker Barrels in Ohio are good, at least to me.  My DH isn't crazy about it.  But the best southern cooking us Yankees can get!  Laughing

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #444 on: May 21, 2007, 09:30:58 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "casa"
Quote from: "casa"
Since we're off topic and talking about food!  I am making homemade salsa.  One of my students gave me her mom's recipe and it is GREAT!  My children eat it like it was water!!!

Well Casa - don't just tell us about it - Share it!!!  Laughing  Laughing

I would love to share with you Tibro!   Very Happy

Time to revive the recipe thread in the Lounge    Wink  Wink

I'll make a thread in the Lounge and post the recipe.  It is really easy!  You can make a BIG batch and put it up in jars and store it in the pantry.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #445 on: May 21, 2007, 09:32:29 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Art, you do not have to answer me if you do not want to, but sometimes I think surgery and/or therapy in and around the brain can make one stutter.  I always suspected Rainman in the movie (in real life) had undergone ECT which made him stutter.  No proof of anything I say, but I have a friend whose brother stuttered after AVM surgery.  It is amazing how we even make it through these procedures, muchless ever walk or talk again.  The brain is a delicate little creature.

Tylergal What you say is very true. AVM surgery can be devastating to some people..it depends on where in the brain it is as to what is effected and how deep. Also, your state of mind, family support, and the expertise of te doctor all make a huge difference in the recovery. I was fortunate to have one of the best teams in this area of Brain Surgery..AVM's are my doctor's specialty and area of interest. He also teaches this at Harvard.
I was left with none of the serious things for which I am eternally grateful. BUT, I was warned these things could occur before going into surgery. There are some that go into a coma and never wake up, for instance. Some have seizures, some never regain the ability to walk or talk.
I have 99% of my old self back. My only deficits now are that I do tend to need a nap in the afternoon sometimes and I do get cluster headaches that are lessening to the point where I haven't had one for a week now.
Those headaches only come on when sleeping (rem sleep) and last about 3 hours. Then go away til the next night and one eye bothers me at times. But hard to tell if it is sinus problems or from the surgery.

However, other things "woke" up.  I have realized I have gained some uncanny abilities that I can't explain, but that is a whole "nother story! Wink
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #446 on: May 21, 2007, 09:33:51 PM »

Tib, I would love to see some Aussie recipes!  But you might have to translate some things...  Wink

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #447 on: May 21, 2007, 09:35:35 PM »

Hey, I wasnt the one picking on the Yanks, I'm one too !!!

Artcolley knows I love her.  Wink

you got me in trouble!!

but I guess I had it comming for flipping you the bird  Laughing  Laughing

OKay, okay. To tell the truth, I just wanted to see how it felt to be "offended" by something!  Laughing
Actually, people that get offended easily "offend" me! Har har har!

aint that the truth though, people who run around playing the "I'm offended card" just so they can gain some tiny piece of control over others is getting way out of hand.  People running around being offended all the time should have to go to a stick and stones may break my bones class or something

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #448 on: May 21, 2007, 09:35:38 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

OK who can translate this for me please.  Laughing  Laughing
I know what you call biscuits we call scones, so I take it these are prepared scone dough maybe frozen or chilled ready to bake????

Apart from that the recipe looks interesting and I can substitute for the "biscuits".   Thank you LilPuma

Hi Tibro - they're just big scones that are refrigerated and ready to bake - not cookies.  Laughing

We need to get Tibro over to the Cracker Barrel. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I'll bet Tibro would absolutely love Cracker Barrel! Wink

Earthquake is California Laughing  Laughing IBE's have a Cracker Barrel attack!!! Laughing

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: May 21, 2007, 09:35:56 PM »

ok one more offtopic and I will quit..

I see Aljazeera is using the same photoshopped/doctored photo's they used the last time Israel retaliated against the terrorists in Lebonnon

Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Twisted Evil

One more off topic response.  Go here to get your own fold out Flat Fatima that you can put in any photo at any time.  Makes photoshopping those pics a breeze!

http://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=798

Yes, I am a few pages behind due to nap!

Otherwise I get cranky, so I am told.   Rolling Eyes

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #450 on: May 21, 2007, 09:36:02 PM »

However, other things "woke" up.  I have realized I have gained some uncanny abilities that I can't explain, but that is a whole "nother story! Wink

I wanna hear the whole "nother story." Please?

I Stand With The Girl
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #451 on: May 21, 2007, 09:36:31 PM »

Speaking of MIA - fork RenHO and her ilk, has anyone heard from CarNut lately???
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: May 21, 2007, 09:36:36 PM »

I don't know what I would identify as "Yankee" cooking, actually... it doesn't seem to have  any specific food or taste associated with it, like fried chicken, etc.

I guess if you could consider something like Maine lobster as authentic Yankee cooking, I say BRING IT ON!!! I could DEFINITELY enjoy the seafood and such that you find up in New England.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #453 on: May 21, 2007, 09:39:04 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
I don't know what I would identify as "Yankee" cooking, actually... it doesn't seem to have  any specific food or taste associated with it, like fried chicken, etc.

I guess if you could consider something like Maine lobster as authentic Yankee cooking, I say BRING IT ON!!! I could DEFINITELY enjoy the seafood and such that you find up in New England.

Your right, You make me try to think.  All I can say, is OH is very diverse, but cannot think of "Yankee" food either.

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #454 on: May 21, 2007, 09:39:31 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"

I see Aljazeera is using the same photoshopped/doctored photo's they used the last time Israel retaliated against the terrorists in Lebonnon

Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Twisted Evil

One more off topic response.  Go here to get your own fold out Flat Fatima that you can put in any photo at any time.  Makes photoshopping those pics a breeze!

How do you find these websites?????

NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #455 on: May 21, 2007, 09:40:28 PM »

Thanks all for the Cracker Barrel convo.  I can't think straight and almost drowned in my own saliva thinking of their chicken, mashed potatoes and biscuits smothered in gravy with a side of mashed potatoes and biscuits smothered in gravy!
Thank God their lines are always too long, and yes I know the line goes quick, but shhhhh, don't tell me that.

IBE I hope you read this post. I always think of you when I wear my SM t-shirts! And I feel like a super Monkey!

SunFreak, I will give PowerPt a try tomorrow if you still need someone.

SB, Yankees are good at baseball Razz
At 14 yrs, I traveled to FL w/ my family, we stopped in a small dinner in VA. The waitress, said, you're all yankees. I said no. We are from Philly. She looked at me like, Is Philly on Mars?, then I said We are Phillies fans.
My parents had to explain to me what a yankee was. Laughing

Hey Monkeys!

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #456 on: May 21, 2007, 09:40:54 PM »

Dihannah - yes I will find some Australian recipes and post in the lounge as time permits.  Will try to translate where I can.  Measurements are usual metric though, and they are hard to convert especially in the small amounts.
I do have a cookbook that explains some of the differences such as all purpose flour etc.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #457 on: May 21, 2007, 09:41:13 PM »

Goodnite, be back tomorrow. Death to the VanDerSloots!!!
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #458 on: May 21, 2007, 09:41:47 PM »

I still like Gumbo,hot water corn bread and Brunswick stew.Mixed inside/outside sliced is good and a good Greek salad.Thank Klass.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #459 on: May 21, 2007, 09:42:08 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"

Shocked Rolling Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.