May 22, 2024, 09:42:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #625 5/20-5/22/2007  (Read 162740 times)
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #540 on: May 21, 2007, 10:23:20 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Artcolley"

YEs, it does and everything tastes sooo good. Of course, now that the warm weather is coming, I'll be back to burning everything on the electric stove, lol! Laughing

Wood stoves remind me of the farm of my late aunt and uncle. I loved to visit there. Their water came from a well with a hand pump, they had a wood stove, their house was made of enormous logs, and my aunt had a quilting frame that would lower from the ceiling. Gosh, I loved that place!

And all the trendies are trying to go back to that lifestyle.

Yes!!! lol, they sure are!
I began using a woodstove when I lived in the far North and it served to do everything I needed..dried herbs, raise bread, warm chilled lambs, and kept the new Border Collie pups cozy and warm!
I spun my own yarn and would pick wild things for dyestuffs and could simmer the kettles nicely on it.
In the Winter at 35 below, everyone would stop to visit and drink coffee or tea around the woodstove! It was fun. Even the fellow that came to fix the thermostat one day didn't want to leave, lol!
For this place I got a newer stove, A Stanley that I just love. Its high enough for the dogs to crawl under without getting burned.

But, yes, the "return to Earth" people love my lifestyle! Funny thing is, this is just the way I've lived for the past 25 years! Laughing
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #541 on: May 21, 2007, 10:23:42 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Oh, I just love all this cultural discussion!  It's interesting to me.  BT, you lost me on those three itmes you listed.  But loved the Aunt and Uncle farm story.  I have some similar memories as well.  The 'good' ol' days.

LOL, Dihannah. The first time I went shopping in a British supermarket I was lost. All the food that should have been familiar was labeled with different names, and I felt like the space aliens had taken me to the mother ship.  Laughing

It's funny, because my company has a center in the UK and we've had people travel, though, I've not.  One girl said she barely ate the entire time she was there.  She said EVERYTHING had a funny, but same taste to it.  She was so excited when she found a McDonald, but then it tasted the same too.  She said she thought it was the oil or something they cooked with.  Now I'm afraid to go!  Shocked  Very Happy

If you go somewhere like a McDonald's in Britain and ask for a milkshake, you get - milk. They don't put any ice cream in it.  Shocked

I Stand With The Girl
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #542 on: May 21, 2007, 10:23:55 PM »

Stir the okra in Olive oil for about 20 minutes and the slime vanishes.Then stir in the trinity and you have your basis.Takes a little time,but so good.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #543 on: May 21, 2007, 10:24:48 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
Quote from: "blah"
Hi Monkeys,
Anna, blah, BTgirl, casa, Dihannah1, IBE, IndyDan, klaasend, LilPuma, NM, sb, sharon, tcumom, Tibrogargan, Tiger, AZ Sunny and Art Colley and any others I missed.

It looks like from looking at the post below here I am a page behind already. Art I want to know more about your ESP type things.

SB I do not know if anyone answered you or not about fiddleheads.
Fiddlehead are like a fern. In Maine early spring time when they start coming thru the ground they are all curled up. That is when you want to pick them before they are opened into the fern. You cook them by steaming. So good. A little different in flavor than other things.
Does not taste like chicken.LOL

Not sure what those emotions mean Blah. Just in case you did not understand my last comment in bold. The other night folks were talking on some other foods. I can't remember what right now but there was alot of talk about tates like chicken.

I agree Robots, Fiddleheads are delicious.

one was waving Hello and the other one is a big smile !
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #544 on: May 21, 2007, 10:25:29 PM »

Greta is about to have something on Robert Murat..

and get this... she is inclined to believe him...

Ok I made up the last part! Very Happy

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #545 on: May 21, 2007, 10:25:58 PM »

Hi Monkeys,
Anna, blah, BTgirl, casa, Dihannah1, IBE, IndyDan, klaasend, LilPuma, NM, sb, sharon, tcumom, Tibrogargan, Tiger, AZ Sunny and Art Colley and any others I missed.

It looks like from looking at the post below here I am a page behind already. Art I want to know more about your ESP type things.

SB I do not know if anyone answered you or not about fiddleheads.
Fiddlehead are like a fern. In Maine early spring time when they start coming thru the ground they are all curled up. That is when you want to pick them before they are opened into the fern. You cook them by steaming. So good. A little different in flavor than other things.
Does not taste like chicken.LOL

HI Sam!!!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #546 on: May 21, 2007, 10:26:02 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Greta is about to have something on Robert Murat..

and get this... she is inclined to believe him...

Ok I made up the last part! Very Happy

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #547 on: May 21, 2007, 10:26:37 PM »

LilPuma - Both sides of my family tree have lived in the south since the 1700s, so I'm as southern as it gets, but I will NOT eat grits.  Laughing

I don't really know the difference, although both are made from corn meal, but grilled polenta, which is common around here, is like a moist cornmeal cake served with mozzarella, chopped tomatoes, onions.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #548 on: May 21, 2007, 10:28:03 PM »

Oh, I just love all this cultural discussion!  It's interesting to me.  BT, you lost me on those three itmes you listed.  But loved the Aunt and Uncle farm story.  I have some similar memories as well.  The 'good' ol' days.

LOL, Dihannah. The first time I went shopping in a British supermarket I was lost. All the food that should have been familiar was labeled with different names, and I felt like the space aliens had taken me to the mother ship.  Laughing

It's funny, because my company has a center in the UK and we've had people travel, though, I've not.  One girl said she barely ate the entire time she was there.  She said EVERYTHING had a funny, but same taste to it.  She was so excited when she found a McDonald, but then it tasted the same too.  She said she thought it was the oil or something they cooked with.  Now I'm afraid to go!  Shocked  Very Happy

If you go somewhere like a McDonald's in Britain and ask for a milkshake, you get - milk. They don't put any ice cream in it.  Shocked

That is sooo funny!   Wonder what you have to ask for, to get a real Milk shake?  So is it true that everything has a similar taste, possibly from cooking in same type of oil?  I mean, she went for days barely eating.  The taste made her sick.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #549 on: May 21, 2007, 10:28:04 PM »

Greta : ok Mr Manson did you use mind control on your followers?

CM: they were not followers.

Greta : I'm inclined to believe you.  cyclops

+++

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #550 on: May 21, 2007, 10:28:15 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

LilPuma - Both sides of my family tree have lived in the south since the 1700s, so I'm as southern as it gets, but I will NOT eat grits.  Laughing

I don't really know the difference, although both are made from corn meal, but grilled polenta, which is common around here, is like a moist cornmeal cake served with mozzarella, chopped tomatoes, onions.

Grits is like wallpaper paste, served with anything you want to put in it, but it will still taste like wallpaper paste.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #551 on: May 21, 2007, 10:28:28 PM »

Rob, I'd like to mail a truck load of kool-aid for their party.

Hi Sam

Tib, thank you for the translation. I really only could figure out the aubergines

Dihannan, be carefull with mushrooms.

Please! No description of what is fat-back nor bubbles and squeek!

Niters sweet Monkeys. I got a toothache Crying or Very sad
and it's not even tooth:hurty(2:30)yet Laughing

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #552 on: May 21, 2007, 10:29:01 PM »

I remember a Brit trying to describe the potato chips he had eaten.  He didn't know what to call them and said "like little crisps".

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #553 on: May 21, 2007, 10:29:52 PM »

LOL,  Greta is on tv in the background, but I'm not listening....  Took me a few to get it....  So when I read that, I was like huh?  Lil' slow tonight. She's talking about Michael Devlin right now  Twisted Evil

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: May 21, 2007, 10:30:12 PM »

Laughing
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #555 on: May 21, 2007, 10:30:19 PM »

Hi Ya NM

+++

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #556 on: May 21, 2007, 10:30:52 PM »

That is sooo funny!   Wonder what you have to ask for, to get a real Milk shake?  So is it true that everything has a similar taste, possibly from cooking in same type of oil?  I mean, she went for days barely eating.  The taste made her sick.

No, I've actually had some extremely good food in Britain. It might have been that she was limited to eating in only a few places, like people tend to do when they're traveling on business. Since Simon has family and friends in different areas, we find out the best places to eat and go there. Surprisingly, the best places are usually the pubs.

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: May 21, 2007, 10:30:54 PM »

Nite NM
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #558 on: May 21, 2007, 10:31:26 PM »

That is called a Milk Spider  Laughing  Laughing
Ordinary Spiders are made with syrup (lime flavoured is the best), a scoop of icecream and fill glass with lemonade

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #559 on: May 21, 2007, 10:31:46 PM »

Quote from: "NM"
Rob, I'd like to mail a truck load of kool-aid for their party.

Hi Sam

Tib, thank you for the translation. I really only could figure out the aubergines

Dihannan, be carefull with mushrooms.

Please! No description of what is fat-back nor bubbles and squeek!

Niters sweet Monkeys. I got a toothache Crying or Very sad
and it's not even tooth:hurty(2:30)yet Laughing

Night NM.  My hubby is an outdoors survivor type.  He loves that kind of stuff and knows how to look for them.  I'm not big on them myself.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.