May 21, 2024, 10:26:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #4 3/04/09 - 3/08/09  (Read 301570 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1840 on: March 08, 2009, 06:20:46 PM »

Hello All, Im new to posting here although I have been lurking for a while... Figured this place was right for me, cause this case is driving me bannanas lol..

like everyone else, Im absolutley not sure what happened but I am leaning towads abduction. I guess only because there are quite a few things that I feel is totally possible although many feel they are impossible..

As far as someone coming in and taking a kid out of a room you are sleeping in, It happens to me all the time! I have 4 kids and none of them like to fall asleep in their own beds, so half the time they will crash on the living room floor or my bed. My 2 yr old, I put him to bed earlier than the rest of us go to bed so I put him to sleep in my bed because it is the quietest room. There have been several occasions where my husband has taken him from right beside me and put him in his own bed without me ever hearing or feeling a thing..

I guess what Im saying is if they play "musical beds" a lot *like my kiddos* then it makes it possible that 1, someone could very much come in there and take a kid out of the room without her noticing. And 2, it makes it possible that she wouldn't notice Haleigh missing right off. Maybe she did get up to go to the bathroom, see the light, see the door and then realize oh my gosh, I put Haleigh to bed right there and she isn't there anymore.

I dunno 

True~but FBI Profilers state that abducting a child from a home where others are in the same room are about 1%, I can think of Polly Klaas and Elizabeth Smart.

True, and also even tho they are comparitively rare in frequency, those cases tend to be very high profile cases and tend to "stick out" in peoples' minds.

Also, I risk going on a snore-worthy toot here, but some people have sensitivities that are more acute than others. IOW, if you're sleeping with your child and your hub comes in and takes the child, your brain knows it's hubby and all is well, so you don't wake up....b/c you don't NEED to wake up. But if someone ELSE.... let me start over.

When moms give birth and have a kid sleeping down the hall and Mom is trying to sleep too, some Moms can "hear" (the brain is sifting thru sensory info) a baby moan a tiny moan, but they won't hear, for example, a huge loud laugh on TV..... b/c they don't NEED to hear the huge laugh on TV. In other words, that tv noise - for some,  is not "threatening" or even wake-worthy, but the soft baby distress sound IS.

I'll stop there; I feel a big boring rant coming on.

And Jesse Lunsford

Actually his answer was not adressed to children abducted while others are in the home, he specifically stated " in the same room".........my bad if I wasn't clear on that point.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1841 on: March 08, 2009, 06:21:24 PM »

I can see the kids wanting to be in the master bedroom since their own rooms seem so far away and Dad is at work 3 nights (or 4?) a week.
And G Granny Sykes said they fall asleep to the tv everynight - or was that TN?? Anyway, another reason they may sleep in the master bedroom. I did notice a flat screen tv during NG. Funny, they can afford a flat screen tv but no window curtains? They have to resort to blankets?????

I am, once again, behind. But catching up fast.

About the curtain comment: Kinda looks like another socio-economic put-down to me. For all we know, the TV could have been a gift, or a possession they saved up for before they even moved into this home, back in November. Perhaps they have not been able to afford curtains yet. So what? Sorry for my mini-rant.

A couple of things I noticed and did not comment on as I read, in case they had been commented on already:

Someone mentioned a skylight in the bedroom. It has not been established yet where the two skylights are in the home. Just that there are two, as stated by the Bards.

lilymarie, you are not the only monkey here who does not like bananas!  LOL. I hate them! Does not make us bad monkeys, though. Just special ones.

And welcome to all the new monkeys to the cage! It's always cool when we have new perspectives to read!

peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1842 on: March 08, 2009, 06:25:58 PM »

At some point on the 911 recording when Misty was talking to the operator you could hear Ron in the background call her a bitch and ask her how she could let someone get his daughter.  (Not a direct quote, but paraphrased).

Did anyone else hear that.  And as a matter of fact the guy that is on Nancy Grace's show pointed that out and NG cut him off and said all those kind of people talk that way.

It has been very obvious to me that they have tried to overlook that particular verbiage by Ron in the initial call.

and 'those kind of people' would be what kind?
Great question-peanut!

I am just repeating what NG said.  I thought it was quite offensive and so did that guy who I think is named John.  He even said to her "guess you know more about it than I do.". 

And again, does anyone remember that?  I am sure you can find the video and replay it.

wow, ive got my issues with ng, but her using that particular phrase really bad. i know cnn.com has all the trancripts from her shows, you could probably find it there.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1843 on: March 08, 2009, 06:27:15 PM »

I can see the kids wanting to be in the master bedroom since their own rooms seem so far away and Dad is at work 3 nights (or 4?) a week.
And G Granny Sykes said they fall asleep to the tv everynight - or was that TN?? Anyway, another reason they may sleep in the master bedroom. I did notice a flat screen tv during NG. Funny, they can afford a flat screen tv but no window curtains? They have to resort to blankets?????

I am, once again, behind. But catching up fast.

About the curtain comment: Kinda looks like another socio-economic put-down to me. For all we know, the TV could have been a gift, or a possession they saved up for before they even moved into this home, back in November. Perhaps they have not been able to afford curtains yet. So what? Sorry for my mini-rant.

A couple of things I noticed and did not comment on as I read, in case they had been commented on already:

Someone mentioned a skylight in the bedroom. It has not been established yet where the two skylights are in the home. Just that there are two, as stated by the Bards.

lilymarie, you are not the only monkey here who does not like bananas!  LOL. I hate them! Does not make us bad monkeys, though. Just special ones.

And welcome to all the new monkeys to the cage! It's always cool when we have new perspectives to read!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1844 on: March 08, 2009, 06:29:46 PM »

my original thoughts after hearing about Haleigh, was maybe Misty had put the kids to bed turned on a movie then went to do her nightly clean up, wash dishes, pick up toys, start a load of laundry and Jr was alseep by the time she was done but Haleigh wasn't, So she turns on Haleighs favorite movie Air Bud and she herself laid down and fell asleep before Haleigh did. Maybe someone knocked on the door and Haleigh answered it, Maybe she turned the kitchen light on when walking to the door? Maybe it was someone Haleigh knew and she grabbed her favorite blanket *or what ever is missing* and went willingly with this person?
IMHO - this is a great post. This is entirely possible. Thanks
That could be, and also the thing missing could very well be something of this nature, a favorite blanket, stuffed animal anything really that Haleigh might have been very attached to.

I'm getting little details turned around in my head; Did they say that Haleigh could reach the lock? Or open the sticky door? Or turn the dead bolt?

lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1845 on: March 08, 2009, 06:31:26 PM »

my original thoughts after hearing about Haleigh, was maybe Misty had put the kids to bed turned on a movie then went to do her nightly clean up, wash dishes, pick up toys, start a load of laundry and Jr was alseep by the time she was done but Haleigh wasn't, So she turns on Haleighs favorite movie Air Bud and she herself laid down and fell asleep before Haleigh did. Maybe someone knocked on the door and Haleigh answered it, Maybe she turned the kitchen light on when walking to the door? Maybe it was someone Haleigh knew and she grabbed her favorite blanket *or what ever is missing* and went willingly with this person?
That could be, and also the thing missing could very well be something of this nature, a favorite blanket, stuffed animal anything really that Haleigh might have been very attached to.

I'm getting little details turned around in my head; Did they say that Haleigh could reach the lock? Or open the sticky door? Or turn the dead bolt?

All of the "door" information I can remember has been all about the back doors. I don't know anything about the front other than I can see it is surrounded by a small screened in porch.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1846 on: March 08, 2009, 06:40:36 PM »

ote from: luckyday on Today at 02:21:00 PM
Ok I call the 1888-277-8477- Made a report about Madison Ave off of highway 17 south of Myra Lake and a SO 1 block over on Baker.. They gave me a report # to refer back to add any notes or info.. Its done..
HMMMM. I called last week reference AnnaFl's post about Ron stealing drugs. They gave me no report #. I called last night (actually early this am) on the dream/Madison Ave/RR tracks as well and DID get a report #.

DEA agents??? The jig is up if that is the case. No wonder Ron/Misty have not been on camera lately.  Maybe they found drugs in the trailer.

I find that very interesting, about not getting a report # on the AnnaFL's post about Ron stealing drugs. Are they not supposed to take everything called in with some seriousness, but the dream they gave you a report #.    That makes no sense to me.
Tell me about it. Makes absolutely no sense.

Yes, we have no nanners for you, Wyks!!

I have been taking EVERYTHING AnnaFL says with a HUGE grain of salt. She is connected/related to the mother's side of the family and many of the internet rumors about Ron & Misty have come from her via this site or WS. It is very slanted. I think she believes what she is saying - and I think she wants what's best for Haleigh but I don't think she is objective.

So it is a big leap to say Ron IS dealing drugs based upon what AnnaFL says. It does appear that he has had drug issues in the past (and heck he may now) but wouldn't he have been arrested if anything had been found by now? Yes he would have. Also, there is a very good chance that part of the wall was taken near the water heater - which is near the back door - in order to obtain a palm print or print of some sort.

Also, jumping to any conclusions based upon a reporter that is a friend of a poster that says that the DEA is in town - well they could be there for ANY reason. The DEA is going to be focused on drug related cases only. Right now this is a local LE and FBI missing child case. To conclude this is related to Ron at all is just a giant leap IMO.

Again there seems to be an undercurrent of speculation that this child was abducted over drugs. I just don't see the connection. A 5 year old girl is 99.9% (don't quote me on that statistic) of the time is taken by a non-family member for one reason. If its family then there is usually an easily identified abuse issue involved. But not drugs.

Actually, its the reverse according to the NCMEC:

The good news, experts say, is that recent high-profile kidnapping cases do not reflect a growing problem. According to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, the number of serious abduction cases is consistent with last year's figures, but overall trends show an actual decline in such cases. In 2001, 725,000 children - nearly 2,000 per day - were reported missing. Most cases involved abduction by a parent, or a child running away. The vast majority of kids were recovered quickly. Three thousand to 5,000 children were involved in so-called "stranger danger" cases, taken by a non-family member. Of these, 200 to 300 were cases where the child was murdered or ransomed.

http://life.familyeducation.com/stranger-safety/safety/36556.html

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1847 on: March 08, 2009, 06:42:03 PM »

Ok I call the 1888-277-8477- Made a report about Madison Ave off of highway 17 south of Myra Lake and a SO 1 block over on Baker.. They gave me a report # to refer back to add any notes or info.. Its done..
HMMMM. I called last week reference AnnaFl's post about Ron stealing drugs. They gave me no report #. I called last night (actually early this am) on the dream/Madison Ave/RR tracks as well and DID get a report #.

DEA agents??? The jig is up if that is the case. No wonder Ron/Misty have not been on camera lately.  Maybe they found drugs in the trailer.

I dont know why they didnt give you a report # but they gave me XXX-XXX report number if I needed to call back and add more info or details..

That's weird on their part, about the no report/confirmation number for you on the AnnaFL tip, Luckyday. (Not doubting you in any way - just that it seems weird on their part) Smile

Did you call the same number both times?

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1848 on: March 08, 2009, 06:44:22 PM »

All of the "door" information I can remember has been all about the back doors. I don't know anything about the front other than I can see it is surrounded by a small screened in porch.

During the home tour, it was shown how the back door sticks. And is very difficult to open, even when the lock is unlocked. The deadbolt on that door we could see was about the same distance off the floor as Haleigh is tall. (36") I could unlock a deadbolt that is at the top of my head, personally.

According to earlier sources (the family) there was a deadbolt up high where Haleigh could not reach. From the pictures we have seen recently, I cannot see such a lock out of reach of a 3-foot tall child.

lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1849 on: March 08, 2009, 06:47:48 PM »

I find that very interesting, about not getting a report # on the AnnaFL's post about Ron stealing drugs. Are they not supposed to take everything called in with some seriousness, but the dream they gave you a report #.    That makes no sense to me.

I have been taking EVERYTHING AnnaFL says with a HUGE grain of salt. She is connected/related to the mother's side of the family and many of the internet rumors about Ron & Misty have come from her via this site or WS. It is very slanted. I think she believes what she is saying - and I think she wants what's best for Haleigh but I don't think she is objective.

So it is a big leap to say Ron IS dealing drugs based upon what AnnaFL says. It does appear that he has had drug issues in the past (and heck he may now) but wouldn't he have been arrested if anything had been found by now? Yes he would have. Also, there is a very good chance that part of the wall was taken near the water heater - which is near the back door - in order to obtain a palm print or print of some sort.

Also, jumping to any conclusions based upon a reporter that is a friend of a poster that says that the DEA is in town - well they could be there for ANY reason. The DEA is going to be focused on drug related cases only. Right now this is a local LE and FBI missing child case. To conclude this is related to Ron at all is just a giant leap IMO.

Again there seems to be an undercurrent of speculation that this child was abducted over drugs. I just don't see the connection. A 5 year old girl is 99.9% (don't quote me on that statistic) of the time is taken by a non-family member for one reason. If its family then there is usually an easily identified abuse issue involved. But not drugs.

The good news, experts say, is that recent high-profile kidnapping cases do not reflect a growing problem. According to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, the number of serious abduction cases is consistent with last year's figures, but overall trends show an actual decline in such cases. In 2001, 725,000 children - nearly 2,000 per day - were reported missing. Most cases involved abduction by a parent, or a child running away. The vast majority of kids were recovered quickly. Three thousand to 5,000 children were involved in so-called "stranger danger" cases, taken by a non-family member. Of these, 200 to 300 were cases where the child was murdered or ransomed.

Actually that was a really poorly constructed sentence on my part:

What I meant was - If it is a stranger vs. a family member - most of the time the perp/pedo only wants the child for one thing.

I was trying to make the point (not very well) that the odds that Haleigh was kidnapped by someone because of a drug/revenge/ransom scenario was not likely.

Sorry

sandy leiva
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1850 on: March 08, 2009, 06:52:23 PM »

This really is a good possibility.  Way back in the day, my ex always had an assortment of slimeballs that were his "friends", they thought nothing of dropping by to party at any time of day or night. Our kids probably would've at least wandered out the door with one of them with no alarm because there were no concepts of strangers, daddy let a lot of strange people in .
  Once I figured out the extent of the partying and his addictions, we ( me & the kids) were outta there, but with this household I can see where haleigh may not have been immediately scared to answer a late night knock
Agreed. Great post. Very likely theory. Maybe someone knocked on the door and Misty was gone. HL got up, answered the door, Bam - gone.

However, Ron swares the door was hard to unlock and was high up (we now know the "high up" part was b.s. - why did he lie??).

I'd like to know whose prints were the last on either door's locks.

I still think - if it WASN'T Misty or Ron - that someone 1) put a cinderblock at the screen door 2) came in through the front door & locked it 3) propped open the back door 4) looked for Haleigh in back bedrooms and didn't find her 5) turned light on in order to get a better look around 6) evalutated whether or not he could snatch her from the master bedroom and decided it was ok and they were sleeping hard 7) snatched her up and took off out the back

Its all just speculation tho! Throw tomato's or pies - I don't like bananas, ok?

A Monkey that does not like bananas? what is this world coming to   

im a monkey that hates bananas also i cant stand the taste the texture or the smell. But i love cooking bananas and plantains.  go figure...
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1851 on: March 08, 2009, 06:53:50 PM »

im confused, and the bolding is mine. to me this info reads that there are 3 to 5000 out of over 700,000 that are 'stranger danger' ie drugs, ransom etc. help me please, what am i misunderstanding?

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1852 on: March 08, 2009, 06:54:25 PM »

There are so many things that bother me about the door, one being why are they SO insistent it was locked, I could have very easily thought my door was locked and when the LE showed no signs of forced entry I'd think, well I thought I locked it...also two other statements:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
VAN SUSTEREN: Was the door broken when you came home? Was that lock broken when you came home?

RONALD CUMMINGS: No. Obviously, a crowbar or something was used. I'm not sure. You'll have to speak more with the detectives about what was used or how it was done. I'm not sure.

OK, I'm no brain surgeon but even I can look at that back door and tell a crowbar wasn't used.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VAN SUSTEREN: Ronald, I understand that there does not appear to be any forced entry into the home in that back door. So how do you think it got open?

CUMMINGS: I honestly don't have any clue. I don't have any clue. Somebody, maybe a locksmith, picklock artist, I do not know. But it was definitely locked, and somebody came in through it. So I cannot explain it.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, let me ask you this same question. Misty, how do you think that door got open?

CROSLIN: Someone had either picked the lock, they would have had to pick the lock. That is the only way that anybody could have gotten in our back door is if they picked the lock.

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1853 on: March 08, 2009, 06:56:40 PM »

Actually that was a really poorly constructed sentence on my part:

What I meant was - If it is a stranger vs. a family member - most of the time the perp/pedo only wants the child for one thing.

I was trying to make the point (not very well) that the odds that Haleigh was kidnapped by someone because of a drug/revenge/ransom scenario was not likely.

Sorry

I gotcha~I do the same thing myself, my fault for not reading it properly.

[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1854 on: March 08, 2009, 06:59:44 PM »

best wishes to Dolce and her babies...hope all goes well...hugs to her...

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1855 on: March 08, 2009, 06:59:59 PM »

There are so many things that bother me about the door, one being why are they SO insistent it was locked, I could have very easily thought my door was locked and when the LE showed no signs of forced entry I'd think, well I thought I locked it...also two other statements:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
VAN SUSTEREN: Was the door broken when you came home? Was that lock broken when you came home?

RONALD CUMMINGS: No. Obviously, a crowbar or something was used. I'm not sure. You'll have to speak more with the detectives about what was used or how it was done. I'm not sure.

OK, I'm no brain surgeon but even I can look at that back door and tell a crowbar wasn't used.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VAN SUSTEREN: Ronald, I understand that there does not appear to be any forced entry into the home in that back door. So how do you think it got open?

CUMMINGS: I honestly don't have any clue. I don't have any clue. Somebody, maybe a locksmith, picklock artist, I do not know. But it was definitely locked, and somebody came in through it. So I cannot explain it.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, let me ask you this same question. Misty, how do you think that door got open?

CROSLIN: Someone had either picked the lock, they would have had to pick the lock. That is the only way that anybody could have gotten in our back door is if they picked the lock.

But, if they were already in...maybe as being let in...then they wouldn't have had to pick any locks to get out.

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1856 on: March 08, 2009, 07:00:13 PM »

Thanks luckyday! 

... snipped from that link:

"Neves said family members missed a certain item while cleaning inside the Cummings home.

"There is something missing from the trailer that should be there," she said. "I don't know if it was taken for evidence or whoever took Haleigh took it."

The missing item belongs to Haleigh, she said.

"It's something that should always be there for her," she said.

Neves said she could not explain what the item was because of the ongoing investigation.

Shauland said he had no idea what Neves was talking about, when authorities removed items as evidence a receipt for each item was issued to the family.
"

It makes me think it was either an emergency inhaler or some other emergency medication - or - something that she needs at night. Blanket or fav stuffed animal?

Very well could be any of those things, even a coat that a monkey mentioned. 

I have a wee prob with Neves statement tho. 

She talks about the item then says she cannot explain because of the investigation.  Why did she even mention it then?   

Another thing that seems odd in what she says: 
"There is something missing from the trailer that should be there"  and then goes on to say: "The missing item belongs to Haleigh". 

Well.. Haleigh isn't there, the item is Haleigh's, Haleigh is missing and so is the item.  Even tho Haleigh is missing, Neves is concerned because the item is missing as well?  Am I reading this wrong, or putting too much into it? 

Seems to me that if it were a doll/meds/inhaler/coat/whatever that she would just say something like, 'her fav dolly/meds/inhaler/coat/whatever is gone too'. 

Why does Neves have the need to say the item 'should' be there?  Haleigh 'should' be there too! 

YES! Unless I'm reading it wrong too.

The item SHOULD be there? but it should be there if Haleigh's NOT there?... Then is she saying that ITEM "should be" there... in Haleigh's absence?

That came out like - she sells seashells by the seashore, but you get my drift.

Odd.

IMO<--

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1857 on: March 08, 2009, 07:00:37 PM »

im confused, and the bolding is mine. to me this info reads that there are 3 to 5000 out of over 700,000 that are 'stranger danger' ie drugs, ransom etc. help me please, what am i misunderstanding?

Oh, my brain is so fried, but I believe they mean out of over 700,000 only 3-5m are true stranger abductions (bu someone completely unknown to family).

[
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1858 on: March 08, 2009, 07:06:10 PM »

This goes along with what other monkeys have said.  I'm just curious why Ron would, in the 911 call be soooooo very insistent that he did not know what Haleigh wore to bed because he was at work...

And yet... be so very insistent in an interview that the side/back door was locked.  I thought he was at work!

How could he possibly know that info for sure, anymore than he could have known what Haleigh wore to bed? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1859 on: March 08, 2009, 07:07:52 PM »

Oh, my brain is so fried, but I believe they mean out of over 700,000 only 3-5m are true stranger abductions (bu someone completely unknown to family).

well ya, this case will do it to you thats for sure haha! thats how i read it as well, thats why i was confused as it supports what was being said about the chances of it being a drug related abduction, that the chances are extremely slim.

' true stranger ' doesnt mean unknown to family/friends, it means unknown to the victim.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.