May 20, 2024, 04:55:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #592 3/22 - 3/26/2007  (Read 99764 times)
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2007, 12:54:19 PM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"
Quote from: "robots"
the odds of DIFFERENT PLANTS all having enough poison going into millions of packages of DOG FOOD are a ZILLION to ONE that it was an ACCIDENT

BET THE FARM

I agree....
Unless, they all bought one ingredient, Probably wheat, at the same auction and that wheat was tainted.
BUT...with THAT much arsenic?????

Yeah...I agree with you, chances are a Zillion to One that it was an accident.

yep
seems like a fair amount of poison would be needed

accident????????????????????????????

nawwwwwwwwwwww

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2007, 01:34:19 PM »

the odds of DIFFERENT PLANTS all having enough poison going into millions of packages of DOG FOOD are a ZILLION to ONE that it was an ACCIDENT

BET THE FARM

I agree....
Unless, they all bought one ingredient, Probably wheat, at the same auction and that wheat was tainted.
BUT...with THAT much arsenic?????

Yeah...I agree with you, chances are a Zillion to One that it was an accident.

yep
seems like a fair amount of poison would be needed

accident????????????????????????????

nawwwwwwwwwwww

I just read elsewhere that it is being reported that the wheat came in from China originally.

In my paranoia, I just wonder if this was a test...to see how it would effect the consumer in this country if it were next put into the human food source.

YEs, My greenhouse is going up in a few weeks and I am considering raising my own sheep again, if able, since I still have that big ol barn sitting there that I recently had renovated. Definitely will get some chickens.
This is getting very scarey.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2007, 01:34:30 PM »

Probably too late with this info....but was just reading....from Wikipedia

Implication in 2007 Menu Foods recall
 This section is related to a current event.
For the main article on the event, see Menu Foods.
Information may change rapidly as the event progresses.

Aminopterin is also used in some countries as a rodenticide, although this use is not legal in the U.S. On March 23, 2007, ABC News reported[4] aminopterin was the chemical linked to a 2007 pet-poisoning incident: wheat from China containing the drug would have been used in a Menu Foods product, resulting in over 1000 recorded pet deaths, although only 16 could be directly verified and a product recall and [1]. The link to aminopterin was confirmed by New York State Agriculture Commissioner Patrick Hooker and Dr. Donald Smith, dean of Cornell University's College of Veterinary Medicine, in a statement released on the same day

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2007, 01:38:04 PM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
Probably too late with this info....but was just reading....from Wikipedia

Implication in 2007 Menu Foods recall
 This section is related to a current event.
For the main article on the event, see Menu Foods.
Information may change rapidly as the event progresses.

Aminopterin is also used in some countries as a rodenticide, although this use is not legal in the U.S. On March 23, 2007, ABC News reported[4] aminopterin was the chemical linked to a 2007 pet-poisoning incident: wheat from China containing the drug would have been used in a Menu Foods product, resulting in over 1000 recorded pet deaths, although only 16 could be directly verified and a product recall and [1]. The link to aminopterin was confirmed by New York State Agriculture Commissioner Patrick Hooker and Dr. Donald Smith, dean of Cornell University's College of Veterinary Medicine, in a statement released on the same day

THis is the problem with importing food and food products from other countries. They just don't have the same standards that we have for pesticides, cleanliness, etc.
I used to worry this would happen and now I see it has come to pass.
(as have so many things I never thought would happen)
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2007, 01:41:32 PM »

I I have felt for some years that countrys that are against the United States might at a time try to introduce into our food supply a poison of just this type and they would have to run a test to see just how lax that our food inspections are at that time .
   What better test to use but on our own pets this would give a hostel nation a very good idea about how to place an element into our food chain which is very open to this kind of an attack .
   I am sad to say  that I believe it is going to take a instance of Major Proportions to get our Govt off its butt and to get our fellow Americans angry enough to DEMAND that some thing be done for our protection .
   You would have thought that 911 would have been enough of a wake up call but when the Billions of $$ started flowing into NYNY the fear seemed to dissipate and their focus was on how much of that $$ they could get for their own self preservation .
   If we do not wake up soon about our security in the US and our Borders we will be doomed for a MASS tradgedy is one of my biggest fears , Not for me as much but for my Grandson and the Kids of his up and comeing generation

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2007, 01:43:37 PM »

Art...I agree....I sat here thinking what I could raise successfully...so far, I am good with vegetables and chickens...my neighbors have calves and the local mennonites have wonderful produce.

I understand that there are many pets still being treated and tested....
don't think we know yet the extent of this problem...

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2007, 01:55:25 PM »

Quote from: "Jerry from Ohio"

I I have felt for some years that countrys that are against the United States might at a time try to introduce into our food supply a poison of just this type and they would have to run a test to see just how lax that our food inspections are at that time .
   What better test to use but on our own pets this would give a hostel nation a very good idea about how to place an element into our food chain which is very open to this kind of an attack .
   I am sad to say  that I believe it is going to take a instance of Major Proportions to get our Govt off its butt and to get our fellow Americans angry enough to DEMAND that some thing be done for our protection .
   You would have thought that 911 would have been enough of a wake up call but when the Billions of $$ started flowing into NYNY the fear seemed to dissipate and their focus was on how much of that $$ they could get for their own self preservation .
   If we do not wake up soon about our security in the US and our Borders we will be doomed for a MASS tradgedy is one of my biggest fears , Not for me as much but for my Grandson and the Kids of his up and comeing generation

Yes, Jerry, I feel the same way.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2007, 02:00:43 PM »

Art...I agree....I sat here thinking what I could raise successfully...so far, I am good with vegetables and chickens...my neighbors have calves and the local mennonites have wonderful produce.

I understand that there are many pets still being treated and tested....
don't think we know yet the extent of this problem...

I heard that too, MeMere.  In fact, I was listening to Fox and someone said some vets are going back in their files of deceased pets that died from unexplained kidney failure and asking the owner if they can recall what foods they were feeding. Also, if any have any cans, etc, left over to check on seriel numbers.

I do believe that growing and canning veggies and raising meat may become something that we will be forced to do in the future.
Its good that you have a Mennonite farmer near you as they usually grow "organic". I have large farmstand down the road from me that grows a huge amount of produce on their land, so will also be able to buy what I don't feel like growing.
I have even considered another Nanny goat for milk and cheese. Heck, I still have the milking stand and buckets! Laughing

I know I did a personal revolt and am able to heat this whole house on wood as well! Laughing
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2007, 02:12:18 PM »

I think we should have a thread in the lounge called The Old Days... Very Happy
I do remember vegetable gardens in the back yard, wood burning fireplaces, 5 chickens...each named after one of us....with all the eggs we
ever needed....and my mom canning fruits and veggies....the milk was delivered on the front step...we had one car, no TV and the mortgage was
$73.00 a month...!

Of course, I am old..... Laughing

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2007, 02:13:25 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
I told you wayfarin cured acne.It was s,woops.I have talking cattish with the 2 peeping Toms on how to free them from slavery.I really liked the mice;tib.Very nice ,you are a great cook.We sail upon the tide in 10 weeks.Erik the red cat

Isn't wayfarin another name for Koumadin (sp?), widely used for treating blood clots?  My ex is on that and always refers to it as rat poison.  Can have nasty side effects.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2007, 02:15:42 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Morning, Kimmie.  I feel like crap.  I have found that sometimes the best thing I can do is stay home and lay low.  

But my doc is happy.  I have ONE more round of chemo left.  THen a PET CT scan (chest, abdomen, pelvis) to see what's going on.  There should be nothing going on.  I'm about chemo'd out here.  I don't know how some people do chemo year after year.  AND maintain a good attitude. It's tough enough to be where I am right now.  It's hard to sit next to someone getting chemo whose choice for the day is 1- get chemo or 2- go sit with their dying mother.  Words escape me.  And she's been at this for years.  Ovarian cancer is likely going to be a chronic condition for her.  And it makes me so sad.  On one hand, a chronic condition that you can manage beats a dirt nap.  But it's hard.  

Seeing you is a bright spot for me!

God bless you and hugs, Peaches!
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2007, 02:37:02 PM »

Quote from: "A's Fever"
Quote from: "Cat"
I told you wayfarin cured acne.It was s,woops.I have talking cattish with the 2 peeping Toms on how to free them from slavery.I really liked the mice;tib.Very nice ,you are a great cook.We sail upon the tide in 10 weeks.Erik the red cat

Isn't wayfarin another name for Koumadin (sp?), widely used for treating blood clots?  My ex is on that and always refers to it as rat poison.  Can have nasty side effects.

Yes, it is Warfarin that is in Coumadin.  It is a blood thinner.
I hope I never get put on that stuff!!! Skeeeery stuff Shocked

But, a real life saver to those that need it.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2007, 02:41:36 PM »

I never knew Coumadin had these side effects?  Shocked

I continue to stand with the girl.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2007, 02:45:58 PM »

I do remember vegetable gardens in the back yard, wood burning fireplaces, 5 chickens...each named after one of us....with all the eggs we
ever needed....and my mom canning fruits and veggies....the milk was delivered on the front step...we had one car, no TV and the mortgage was
$73.00 a month...!

YES!!! What an excellent Idea!!!
(I don't know how to start a thread or I would do it!)  Embarassed
My, how things have changed!!!!
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2007, 02:47:49 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"

Yeah, None, before each of my surgeries they asked if I was on it and if so, to stop taking it as it can cause bleeding during and after surgery.
Pretty potent.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2007, 02:49:27 PM »

$73.00 a month...!

Well, one thing for sure, we are ALL getting older! Every day.. Laughing

I do have the laying hens now and we get 5-6 eggs a day. ONe gal out there lays two eggs some days. Strange little hen!
They come over to get patted when we feed them! Laughing
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2007, 02:50:46 PM »

Don't know what I did before Wikipedia....and, of course, Klaas.... Very Happy

Information on Coumadin.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warfarin

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2007, 02:52:04 PM »

Yes it is a very powerful and effective drug, but as a blood thinner can cause uncontrolled bleeding.  As the ex says, if he were ever in a car accident and his spleen ruptured, it would be curtains within minutes.  Have also heard some stories about bruising and internal bleeding in the elderly related to this drug.  Must be taken in carefully controlled dosages and frequently monitored.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: March 23, 2007, 02:55:53 PM »

Yes it is a very powerful and effective drug, but as a blood thinner can cause uncontrolled bleeding.  As the ex says, if he were ever in a car accident and his spleen ruptured, it would be curtains within minutes.  Have also heard some stories about bruising and internal bleeding in the elderly related to this drug.  Must be taken in carefully controlled dosages and frequently monitored.

Sounds downright dangerous.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #159 on: March 23, 2007, 03:02:07 PM »

Sounds downright dangerous.

Yep!  But in his case, he developes potentially fatal blood clots in his right leg, so what do you do?!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.