May 05, 2024, 10:27:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #156 2/23/10 - 3/14/10  (Read 394550 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1040 on: March 09, 2010, 08:36:43 PM »

http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/
Jose Baez's Motions In Wonderland 

This is priceless!   
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1041 on: March 09, 2010, 08:40:45 PM »

She was indigent from the start, I don't know how Baez got involved, I don't believe the half azz story that circulated. He looked at this as a way to make a name for himself, and Casey bought whatever nonsense he said to her. And then Lenny get's involved, again to make a name for himself and the circus began. He should have stayed out of it and let her sit right where she belonged, but no. None of this should have become such a disgrace, but it did. And now after all this has been going on, the Florida tax payers are going to cover the tab, count on it. If she would have gone the public defender route right away this would be over, but too many greedy people got involved for fame.

nrcg, I agree with every word.  I think if we knew how she and bozo got together a lot of things would be answered.

I agree too.  I've always wondered if in fact they had known each other way prior to this.  Their relationship seemed so personal at the beginning of all of this ... until AL came upon the scene and prolly put the cabosh on all of that public display, and rightly so.
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1042 on: March 09, 2010, 08:41:14 PM »

i seem to recall that baez saying that when the trail begins that them pictures would be explained..i did hear him say that in an interview..and now he is trying to get them thrown out...well i guess he came to his sences,,,that there is no explaining the way she was partying like it was 1999!!!!! she was just haveing a good ole time while her daughter was missing/murdered..wth there is NO way out of that...   
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1043 on: March 09, 2010, 08:42:48 PM »

hi, I like to get your guys opinion if you think theres any possible chance that the defence could throw cindy under the bus?

One can hope.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1044 on: March 09, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »

hi, I like to get your guys opinion if you think theres any possible chance that the defence could throw cindy under the bus?

One can hope.

oh how we wish!!!!

Loca
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1045 on: March 09, 2010, 10:15:56 PM »

I wonder how Cindy's reacting to this.
She must be chomping at the bit for some air time.
If George Marie was a man, he'd kick him some Bozo/Lyin arse.
I really think it's impossible that that the 911 calls will be dis-allowed.
Cindy's "excited utterances" were the truth and nothing but the truth.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1046 on: March 09, 2010, 10:42:10 PM »

If she is indigent and the State has to pay for all of these experts, would they have to pay for all and any " expert" witnesses ?
Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1047 on: March 10, 2010, 03:46:02 AM »

Hi there fellow monkey's I wanted to bring back on the table the issue of the caylee videos that are out there on you tube..I wanted to get some opinions on what I spotted and hoped that we all can put together our brains and find out who was behind these strange no talking interaction home videos.  Okay here's what I spotted take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDoeJm74dd4 now notice at 1:30 in the video you will see a person's knee but what I spotted was like a birthmark or age mark on that knee can you all see it?? More importantly we all know that George loves his shorts..does anyone out there have good pictures of him and lets not forget the rest of the family it was hot in FL around that time and they all wore something that showed Knees.  I hope we maybe help out at least this video who the photographer was.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1048 on: March 10, 2010, 06:29:57 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/22793957/detail.html
Taxpayers May Now Foot Casey Anthony Defense Bill

POSTED: 2:28 am EST March 10, 2010
UPDATED: 6:15 am EST March 10, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Orange County Clerk of Courts has declared Casey indigent. This means taxpayers' money will now be used to pay for her defense.

The declaration still needs final approval from a judge.

The ruling means under state laws, her attorneys will receive $15,000 of taxpayer money for the case. It also means attorneys can also request as much as $100 an hour extra for "extraordinary efforts."

Should her legal counsel want to bring in forensic experts, the state will pay an average of $150 per hour.

Those costs are for the defense and do not reflect the average capitol murder case costs that taxpayers shuck out, which is more than $1 million to prosecute.

Casey Anthony, 23, was charged with first-degree murder in the death of her two-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony. Five months after her daughter was reported missing, the child's remains were found in woods close to her family home.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1049 on: March 10, 2010, 06:30:48 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1050 on: March 10, 2010, 06:40:13 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/3/10/new_casey_evidence_due_today.html
 New Casey Evidence Due Today
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 5:53:53 AM
ORLANDO -- Prosecutors said they will release more evidence against Casey Anthony Wednesday.

The new evidence is just the latest addition to tens of thousands of documents already released, including pictures, witness interviews and statements.

Anthony’s murder trial for the slaying of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, has been set to begin May 9, 2011.

That means expert witnesses for the State of Florida must be questioned no later than Sept. 30, 2010.

In addition, the defense must list all of its expert witnesses by the end of November, and they must be deposed no later than Feb. 28, 2011.

All other witness depositions must be completed by Oct. 31, 2010.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1051 on: March 10, 2010, 06:44:33 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/22794649/detail.html
Casey Declared Indigent, New Evidence To Be Released
Posted: 6:18 am EST March 10,2010Updated: 6:33 am EST March 10,2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- New evidence in the case against Casey Anthony will be released Wednesday morning. The new documents come just hours after the Orange County Clerk of Courts agreed Anthony that cannot afford to pay for her own defense, leaving taxpayers will pick up the tab.

As many as ten new discs containing information that could be used in Casey Anthony's trial are expected to be released Wednesday morning. Sources tell Eyewitness News that the new evidence may include DNA information.

Casey Anthony says she is broke and can no longer afford to pay to defend herself against the murder charges she is facing. Late Tuesday night, the Orange County Clerk of Courts agreed and declared her indigent.

However, criminal defense attorney Chris Smith says that should be the least of anyone's worries.
The real concern is they did this case and it wasn't prepared properly and has to be tried all over again. I think that's where everybody's real concern should be,” said Chris Smith, criminal defense attorney.

Casey has already paid lead attorney Jose Baez nearly $90,000, and Andrea Lyons has received more than $20,000 in compensation. Smith says that is nothing when you consider all the work that has gone into the case since Caylee Anthony was killed two years ago.

“Those fees are actually pretty low given the amount of work in this case,” said Smith.

Smith says that the real cost to defend Casey will start now, now that taxpayers will pay for investigations, expert witnesses and her attorneys’ salaries. Casey is not scheduled to go to trial until May of 2011, and there could be appeals after the trial.

Smith says taxpayers should not worry about that too much, because every dollar spent on indigent defendants is closely monitored by the Justice Administrative Commission in Tallahassee.

“You have to go through a very intense process to get every cost approved prior. You’re going to have to go and get it authorized to get paid subsequent. So they get two hearings,” explained Smith. “The justice administrative commission doesn't give up its money very easily. They’re going to file a lot of motions [and] fight for every dime.”

Before their client was declared indigent, Casey’s attorneys were not required to disclose how much money was being spent. Now, everything becomes public record.

Sources tell Eyewitness News that most of defense attorney Andrea Lyons’ compensation has been spent on airfare and investigations.

Some of the money to pay Baez and Lyons may have come from hundreds of thousands of dollars that the ABC network paid Casey for exclusive photos and videos of her daughter she is accused of killing.

Stay tuned to Eyewitness News and WFTV.com for updates to this developing story. WFTV.com will post the new evidence once it is released.

DEFENSE WANTS CASEY PARTY PICS THROWN OUT

Casey Anthony’s defense attorneys want pictures showing their client partying (see pics) thrown out of the case. Attorneys say a jury should not see the photos of Casey, because they claim the pictures were taken before her daughter, Caylee, disappeared.

The defense also filed two other motions
One involves a 911 call made by Casey's mother, Cindy Anthony. In the call, Cindy told a dispatcher her granddaughter was missing and it smelled like there had been a dead body in Casey's car.

The third request involves testimony about Casey's character after several witnesses said she could not tell the truth.

WFTV.com is working to obtain the motions and will post them as soon as we can.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1052 on: March 10, 2010, 06:56:18 AM »

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/03/casey-anthony-declared-indigen.html
WDBO Local News      
Casey Anthony declared indigent, may get taxpayer money
By
Marva Hinton
@ March 10, 2010 6:29 AM Permalink | Comments (0)
Casey Anthony has cleared the first hurdle to get taxpayer money for her defense. The Orange County Clerk of Courts has declared her indigent. Now it's up to a judge to approve it.
If Judge Stan Strickland agrees with the clerk, Casey will be able to get public funds for everything from bringing in expert witnesses to scientific research. But Orange County Public Defender Robert Wesley says Strickland will have a say in how the money is spent.

"The court receives applications from the lawyer for what they would like to have authorized and how much, and then the court sort of has an oversight role in those cases," said Wesley.

Last week, Casey's attorneys filed a motion saying she had already spent more than a $100,000 on her defense and had no more money.

Casey is accused of murdering her daughter, Caylee, and could face the death penalty if convicted.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1053 on: March 10, 2010, 07:07:33 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1003/09/ijvm.01.html
Jane Velez Mitchell 03/09/10
ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Casey Anthony, the party girl, steals the spotlight. Casey`s defense team has asked the judge in her murder trial to throw out all of the pictures of Casey partying. They say the images serve to, quote, "vilify her" to the public.

According to cops, these blue-dress snapshots were taken less than a week after little Caylee was last seen alive in June. All right. Her daughter disappeared. She`s out partying. Casey`s charged with murdering little Caylee and could face the death penalty. So the stakes are very high, but is it too late to unring that bell?

Casey`s defense also wants this chilling 911 call tossed.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CINDY ANTHONY, MOTHER OF CASEY: I found out my granddaughter has been taken. She has been missing for a month, and her mother finally admitted that she`s been missing. Get someone here now!

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Your daughter admitted that your -- the baby is where?

ANTHONY: The baby-sitter took her a month ago, that my daughter`s been looking for her. There`s something wrong. I found my daughter`s car today, and it smells like there`s been a dead body in the damn car.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Darren Kavinoky, attorney and legal analyst for "The Insider." It`s gotten to the point where anything that`s incriminating to the defendant is somehow violating their right to a fair trial.

KAVINOKY: Well, that`s certainly what the defense is going to argue, no surprise about that.

It`s very interesting. When we`re talking about the photographs, the key question is going to be the timing of them. Obviously, that`s the issue that`s been framed. If these photos were taken prior to any alleged wrongdoing, then the question would be, well, what relevance do they have to the events on the night in question? If they`re taken afterwards...
VELEZ-MITCHELL: They are taken afterwards. The daughter has disappeared, and she is out at a nightclub dirty dancing.

KAVINOKY: Right. Right. And I suspect that what this is ultimately going to -- what`s ultimately going to happen here, the way this will play out, is that those photos will likely come in, as much as the defense would like to keep them out, that they will likely come in. Because it certainly shows conduct that is inconsistent with the position of a supposedly grieving, worried mother.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You can always find what the prosecution`s best evidence is by looking at the defense motions to exclude said evidence.

In a late motion, Casey`s defense team decided, "Oh, no. We want all the party pics thrown out, even the ones taken during a wild Halloween party in 2006."

She got these compromising positions. So I mean, while you`re talking, Darren, this is pretty wild stuff. It`s sort of like a little, again, dirty dancing.

Yes, go ahead.

KAVINOKY: I get it. But Jane, here`s-- here`s the problem, is you don`t want people to be convicted for engaging in conduct that`s unbecoming to -- to a mother, as opposed to being convicted for actually committing the crime. And that`s ultimately what happens.

Or you`ve got the very real potential for that to happen where you`ve got cases where -- or where you`ve got these photos that enflame the passions of people that have very -- may have very little relevance to what actually happened on the day or night in question.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I actually agree with the photos before her child is missing. But after her child is missing and she is claiming that she`s doing her own investigation for the child, and she`s caught in these hot positions at a nightclub on the dance floor? That is really -- that goes to her character. That goes to possible motive.

KAVINOKY: Well, it`s -- it`s probably going to get admitted in a different way, relating to her state of mind, or perhaps for impeachment. If she says she`s out doing one thing but photos depict that she`s actually doing another thing.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Got to leave it there.

~ Peter Frampton
Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1054 on: March 10, 2010, 07:16:44 AM »

Morning Monkeys anyone have a chance to look at that video link I posted yet??
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1055 on: March 10, 2010, 07:44:48 AM »

Prime News videos 03/09/10
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Sierra1947#g/u

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1056 on: March 10, 2010, 08:07:40 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/
The Two-edged Sword of Hearsay

Posted on March 10th, 2010 by Valhall

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1057 on: March 10, 2010, 08:11:33 AM »

New Casey Anthony evidence will be released today
More than 600 pages of Casey Anthony evidence are expected in death-penalty case.
 By Amy L. Edwards, Bianca Prieto, Walter Pacheco, Orlando Sentinel

7:42 a.m. EST, March 10, 2010
More evidence about the state's death-penalty case against accused child-killer Casey Anthony is scheduled for release today.

About 600 pages of documents are expected to be made public this morning by the State Attorney's Office.

The release will add to the thousands of pages of documents already released in the case against Anthony, who is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony, in 2008.

Anthony has entered a plea of not guilty and is being held in the Orange County Jail without bond.

Check back for updates.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1058 on: March 10, 2010, 08:17:37 AM »

Morning Monkeys anyone have a chance to look at that video link I posted yet??

I looked at it.I always thought Casey made that video.   

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1059 on: March 10, 2010, 08:29:16 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/22793957/detail.html
Taxpayers May Now Foot Casey Anthony Defense Bill

POSTED: 2:28 am EST March 10, 2010
UPDATED: 6:15 am EST March 10, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Orange County Clerk of Courts has declared Casey indigent. This means taxpayers' money will now be used to pay for her defense.

The declaration still needs final approval from a judge.

The ruling means under state laws, her attorneys will receive $15,000 of taxpayer money for the case. It also means attorneys can also request as much as $100 an hour extra for "extraordinary efforts."

Should her legal counsel want to bring in forensic experts, the state will pay an average of $150 per hour.

Those costs are for the defense and do not reflect the average capitol murder case costs that taxpayers shuck out, which is more than $1 million to prosecute.

Casey Anthony, 23, was charged with first-degree murder in the death of her two-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony. Five months after her daughter was reported missing, the child's remains were found in woods close to her family home.

Good Morning!  thanks trim............extraordinary efforts????  wow I would like to see a clear explanation of that

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.