May 17, 2024, 08:16:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #670 7/31 - 8/01/2007  (Read 234607 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #740 on: August 01, 2007, 06:16:45 PM »

Does this mean that tourism is UP in Aruba?
From todays Amigoe:

Steady growth passengers traffic Aruban airport   

ORANJESTAD – The revenue generating passengers of the Aruban airport increased with 6 percent in the second quarter of 2007.  Also the number of private airplane passengers increased with 7 percent in this same period.  These figures match the expectation of AAA of the beginning of this year.   

The number of flight movement increased with 7 percent, meaning that the airplanes have higher average seat occupancy.  The lower number of flights is attributed to a decrease of a number of regional flights and partly to the dropping of some regular- and charter flights.  The number of passengers grew with 8 percent in the first six months of this year, and the number of flight movements dropped with 3 percent.

With the exception of Latin-America, the important tourist markets show a growth for Aruba in the first six months of this year, namely from North America 5 percent; from the Neth.Antilles 37 percent; and from Europe 29 percent.  Latin America showed a drop of 5 percent.   

The number of charter flights from North America decreased and the regular flights from new York increased.  Airport-director Peter Steinmetz says that promoting Aruba has contributed to a higher number of passengers.  The traffic between Aruba and Curacao continues to grow.

The European market shows a steady growth, thanks to the flights with cruise passengers from Spain that board their cruise ship in Aruba; to the new service of Martinair from Amsterdam ; to the extra flight of First Choice from Manchester ; and to the high seat occupancy of KLM .

Steinmetz considers the prospect for the rest of the year as ‘positive’.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aruban tourist remains important for Bonaire   

KRALENDIJK – Historically considered, Aruba is an important tourist market for Bonaire .  Compared with 2005, this market grew with 28.4 percent in 2006.   

The island has a direct connection with Aruba with Tiara Air.  This is important for the Aruban citizens and the American and other tourists; they can travel to Bonaire via Aruba . In cooperation with Tiara Air, Tourism Corporation Bonaire ( TCB ) has organized a promotion-trip for the media, travel agents, and other interested parties in Aruba .  Emmy Rosaria of Tiara Air, commissioner Anthony Nicolaas, who is replacing commissioner Burney El Hage, minister of Economy and Labour Elvis Tjin Asjoe, director of TCB Ronella Croes, and Papy Cicilia gave the Arubans information about the island under the title ‘Bonaire closer to you’. 

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #741 on: August 01, 2007, 06:19:03 PM »

FOX mentioned Natalee awhile ago, talking about unsolved murders in Carribean.

Hi Auntie !! Very nice to see you here.{{{hugs}}}

Will check Fox.

Time to make the dinner.........

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #742 on: August 01, 2007, 06:19:05 PM »

Who pissed Angie off and told her that she was the reason for someone not posting here?  I read all the way back and missed that....

we are only trying to improve SM not tear it apart... biggest mistake so far? trying to please everyone, life lesson number 1 - it's not possible... so carry on, and let's see what happens.

I for one, don't mind off topic... but I am off topic a lot!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #743 on: August 01, 2007, 06:19:07 PM »

Darn ~ I couldn't even post to Dugga correctly, so I'll try it again:

Dugga ~ I can't believe I have the courage to speak out about this ~ I believe our thread/this thread has ALWAYS been respectful towards Natalee and her family.
Yes, there certainly are times when folks are off-topic, but generally speaking it's when news items are far and few between . . . . the minute we get news, everyone begins discussing it. 

To me, this is where I know my monkeys are. . .perhaps we could continue this way for a while longer, and just see how it goes.  Frankly, I've never noticed that many people upset....but then again, I mostly just watch the action and read.

If I have offended *anyone*, I apologize.

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #744 on: August 01, 2007, 06:20:38 PM »

Who pissed Angie off and told her that she was the reason for someone not posting here?  I read all the way back and missed that....

we are only trying to improve SM not tear it apart... biggest mistake so far? trying to please everyone, life lesson number 1 - it's not possible... so carry on, and let's see what happens.

Mrs. Red - I didn't see anything like that being said to Angie on the LCD. My guess is that someone told her that in an email or IM, not in the forum.

I Stand With The Girl
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #745 on: August 01, 2007, 06:20:42 PM »

read that carefully Smish ( can I call you that? I love that name) they are skewing the stats

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #746 on: August 01, 2007, 06:21:27 PM »

It's about focus, and about standardizing things for newcomers. If this whole thread was located elsewhere and was called something like "Stream of Consciousness", it'd be totally different. But the thread is "Case Discussion" and much of what's discussed here isn't about the case.

We simply want to focus a bit more. It will make the thread more respectful towards Natalee, and will make it easier reading for newcomers to catch-up on your theories, facts/news, or speculation.

Just tidying it up a bit, that's all. Really. We're not going to rip your worlds apart by asking certain areas to remain on topic. Honest!
Dugga ~ I can't believe I have the courage to speak out about this ~ I believe our thread/this thread has ALWAYS been respectful towards Natalee and her family.
Yes, there certainly are times when folks are off-topic, but generally speaking it's when news items are far and few between . . . . the minute we get news, everyone begins discussing it. 

To me, this is where I know my monkeys are. . .perhaps we could continue this way for a while longer, and just see how it goes.  Frankly, I've never noticed that many people upset....but then again, I mostly just watch the action and read.

You have not offended me and no need to apologize.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #747 on: August 01, 2007, 06:21:34 PM »

Mrs. Red - I didn't see anything like that being said to Angie on the LCD. My guess is that someone told her that in an email or IM, not in the forum.

thanks BT... I just read that she said that and wondered...

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #748 on: August 01, 2007, 06:22:02 PM »

This is so par for the course . . .  Confused . . . I post something to Dugga and puff, he's gone.   Sad
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #749 on: August 01, 2007, 06:22:19 PM »

That Amigo article looks to me like MORE passengers, on FEWER flights!!!!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #750 on: August 01, 2007, 06:22:52 PM »

This is so par for the course . . .  Confused . . . I post something to Dugga and puff, he's gone.   Sad

Nah - I think I scared him off before you even posted.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #751 on: August 01, 2007, 06:22:55 PM »

It's about focus, and about standardizing things for newcomers. If this whole thread was located elsewhere and was called something like "Stream of Consciousness", it'd be totally different. But the thread is "Case Discussion" and much of what's discussed here isn't about the case.

We simply want to focus a bit more. It will make the thread more respectful towards Natalee, and will make it easier reading for newcomers to catch-up on your theories, facts/news, or speculation.

Just tidying it up a bit, that's all. Really. We're not going to rip your worlds apart by asking certain areas to remain on topic. Honest!

You have not offended me and no need to apologize.

no offense here either, I think that the only thing that Dugga was attempting to do was improve stuff... like I said before we are only trying to make it better...

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #752 on: August 01, 2007, 06:23:34 PM »

An American, Jaime Cocayne, was found murdered on St. Johns, Virgin Islands, in June,  his parents are angry that they are not solving  the crime and are going down there themselves, they hired their own investigators.
Yikes....I found this about his murder:

http://www.phillyfuture.org/node/5486

Wow,there were a few posts at tripadvisor but when I went there they said they were deleted. Shocked
http://cbs3.com/local/local_story_212224053.html

Karma Is Coming

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #753 on: August 01, 2007, 06:25:09 PM »

Nah - I think I scared him off before you even posted.  Laughing
Maybe he was afraid of flying banana peels . . .  Laughing Laughing Laughing . . . We wouldn't do that, would we?   Cool
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: August 01, 2007, 06:25:55 PM »

Does this mean that tourism is UP in Aruba?

Only if you believe what they say KR. Their track record isn't very good in that department.  Wink Wink Wink

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #755 on: August 01, 2007, 06:27:01 PM »

he will be back... LOL I think Shocked

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #756 on: August 01, 2007, 06:27:06 PM »

Thanks sweety!
Really,I don't think most of us CAN just stay on topic all the time,with every post.Maybe put it all to a vote?But I'm happy the way things are right now.Usually when something important comes up or out about the case,we are all notified in here.
I always kinda thought shango and simian were there to distract but I was really getting into that shango tango last night with Lala's and some others.
Anyway,thank you BT.
Smile

I don't think it's humanly possible to keep everyone happy all the time. A lot of people like to meet on the LCD to talk with each other, while some people simply want it to be a place where someone makes a post and leaves it there for other people's consideration. That's why I think a chat room would help. The people who want to get together and talk would have a place to do that and leave the LCD as a place to drop in occasionally and leave an on-topic post. Of course, it wouldn't be Lively Case Discussion, but it could be called simply the Natalee Holloway thread.
True but some people don't like chats(I don't)or can't keep up with chats if they are moving too fast.I like the whole variety in here so whatever they decide is fine with me.
Smile

Karma Is Coming

Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #757 on: August 01, 2007, 06:28:14 PM »

Thanks sweety!
Really,I don't think most of us CAN just stay on topic all the time,with every post.Maybe put it all to a vote?But I'm happy the way things are right now.Usually when something important comes up or out about the case,we are all notified in here.
I always kinda thought shango and simian were there to distract but I was really getting into that shango tango last night with Lala's and some others.
Anyway,thank you BT.
Smile

I don't think it's humanly possible to keep everyone happy all the time. A lot of people like to meet on the LCD to talk with each other, while some people simply want it to be a place where someone makes a post and leaves it there for other people's consideration. That's why I think a chat room would help. The people who want to get together and talk would have a place to do that and leave the LCD as a place to drop in occasionally and leave an on-topic post. Of course, it wouldn't be Lively Case Discussion, but it could be called simply the Natalee Holloway thread.
Those are my thoughts too, BT. Forums aren't built to be stream-of-consciousness chat rooms. That's what chat rooms are for - or at least catch-all threads that are designed for that very purpose. LCD is really neither. That's what I've been saying all along.

We are getting a chat room soon - honest. Smile

When we put new carpet in our house, we told the kids to start taking their shoes off at the door. It took some getting used to, and at first they bitched about it, but now they take their shoes off at the door.

Well, The Monkey Cage has new carpet. We're (myself included) going to change our habits a little bit just to keep things tidy and nice for new "company" that's going to begin flowing our way. We have dozens of new applicants waiting to get in to the cage that we're reviewing right now, and we want to keep the place nice and organized for the new folks that arrive. That should be easy enough to understand, and if it ruffles some feathers along the way - well, I guess that's just how it is.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #758 on: August 01, 2007, 06:29:12 PM »

An American, Jaime Cocayne, was found murdered on St. Johns, Virgin Islands, in June,  his parents are angry that they are not solving  the crime and are going down there themselves, they hired their own investigators.

Wow,there were a few posts at tripadvisor but when I went there they said they were deleted. Shocked

Gosh, a lot of what's in that article sure sounds familiar, doesn't it?

I Stand With The Girl
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #759 on: August 01, 2007, 06:29:58 PM »

Fox had a segment on this case on John Gibson's slot this afternoon and tied it to Natalee's case. This victim's parents smell a rat saying the St. John's authorities are giving them the runaround. Same things we have witnessed, FBI only allowed in when asked, etc.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.