May 21, 2024, 04:17:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 Year Old Abigail Hernandez Missing Since 10/9/13 in Conway, NH  (Read 174097 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2013, 07:01:44 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Abigail.Hernandez/posts/372576602875875

Vane E Sanchez
Abby is my cousin all though we weren't close we all miss her and hope nothing but positive things. our whole family is worried and hope she returns home safe!!!
22 minutes ago near Port Arthur, Texas

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2013, 07:02:49 PM »

Just watched today's press conference.

http://vimeo.com/77168363
CDS News — Hernandez investigation update for Thursday
from Erik Eisele Plus 2 hours ago

Abby's mom Zenya spoke, she said she's not giving up hope.  She spoke to Abby telling her how much she, her sister Sarah, (and I think she said Moe and Teddy?) miss her.  She told Abby to stay strong, don't give up, and to continue fighting.  She sincerely thanked the community for their support as well as the team of investigator's dedication.  She asked the community to please not give up, to please continue to call in with any information about Abby.

Kieran Ramsey with the FBI announced a reward of up to $20,000 for information leading to the recovery of Abigail Hernandez, or information, identification, or arrest and conviction of any person or persons responsible for her disappearance.  The missing posters of Abigail on the FBI website will be updated with this information, and it will be broadcast on the digital billboards in Massachusetts.  They will seek to expand those broadcasts South through New England.

Jane Young said this search will continue.  Over the next several days they will target areas based on tips.  Some manpower may be reduced to give rest so if that tip comes in that will bring her home, they will have the manpower and resources to follow that.  She said Fish and Game remains poised to help them.

(Questions from reporters)

Until they have significant information they will not have another daily briefing. 

Some will still man operations there depending on what information they have, others may go to other locations and work remotely on the case.

She asked the press to continue covering the story and keep Abby's face out there.

Bump

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2013, 07:14:51 PM »

The poster is not updated yet, but this is posted on the FBI website.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

Kidnappings & Missing Persons

ABIGAIL HERNANDEZ

October 9, 2013
Conway, New Hampshire

REWARD: The FBI is offering a reward of up to $20,000 for information leading to the recovery of Abigail Hernandez, or the identification, arrest, and conviction of the person(s) responsible for her disappearance.

Abigail Hernandez was last seen around 2:30 p.m. on October 9, 2013, in Conway, New Hampshire, near Kennett High School.

Hernandez was last seen wearing black leggings/yoga pants, a gray striped multi-colored sweater, and black leather boots.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2013, 07:20:35 PM »

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/community-rallies-around-family-of-missing-girl/-/9857858/22486884/-/15eu3ovz/-/index.html

$20K reward offered in case of missing girl
Mother says she's not giving up hope
UPDATED 6:18 PM EDT Oct 17, 2013

CONWAY, N.H. —Authorities are offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to a missing North Conway girl.

The FBI announced the reward at a news conference Thursday afternoon to provide updates on the search for Abigail Hernandez, 15.

"Sometimes money is a motivator for individuals, and we are going to use any motivator we can to find Abby," said Associate Attorney General Jane Young.

"We're not giving up hope," said her mother, Zenya Hernandez. "Abby, we miss you. We truly, truly, truly miss you. Please stay strong. Do not give up. Continue fighting."

Investigators have found no trace of Abigail since she disappeared. Young said searchers will continue to target areas as new tips come in.

Anyone with information is asked to call local police or the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

Daily news conferences have been held since Abigail disappeared, but Young said no more will be held until there is new information to release.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/community-rallies-around-family-of-missing-girl/-/9857858/22486884/-/15eu3ovz/-/index.html#ixzz2i1bARzXc

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2013, 07:25:01 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/gsastle/posts/725994174081613?comment_id=118437142&offset=0&total_comments=2

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2013, 08:25:03 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131017/NEWS07/131019402

October 17. 2013 4:53PM
$20,000 reward offered for info in Abigail's disappearance

By DAN SEUFERT
Union Leader Correspondent

Investigators Wednesday asked area residents and businesses to help find the girl's cell phone, a white iPhone in a pink case, which last made contact with a cell tower on Cranmore Mountain at 3:07 p.m.

That contact, Ramsey said, was not a phone call, but was likely the iPhone updating or sending some other data. The iPhone is known to frequently exchange data with a tower, he said, without any actions by its owner.

There were no further data exchanges between the phone and the tower after 3:07 p.m., Ramsey said Thursday.

"Was the phone powered off, or did the battery die, we're not sure," Ramsey said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2013, 10:32:19 PM »

I watched this interview the day it was published, and I've thought about it every day since.

Abby's father has not been identified or visible at all in the search to date, this is concerning for me.  LE seems to skirt questions about him, and one response today was that they were "protecting his privacy".  The inclusion and then exclusion of him when referring to Abby's family in the statements to the press has been confusing as well.  His daughter is missing, where is he?  I hope in his cooperation with LE he has taken and passed a polygraph.  JMO

I hope Abby is found safe and soon!

http://www.myfoxboston.com/video?clipId=9405809&autostart=true

Criminologist Jack Levin discusses search for missing NH girl

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2013, 11:18:10 PM »

I think this is may be Abby's grandfather's obituary. 

http://www.memorialsolutions.com/sitemaker/sites/clayto0/obit.cgi?user=307586Hernandez

If it is the same family... This was from 2011 and listed Abby and her sister Sarah as being from Jackson, NH as well as Ruben Hernandez (Abby's dad?).  If I'm looking at the map correctly, Jackson is about 15 miles from Conway and could be included in the top area of the focus of the investigation map that was shown yesterday (and posted above).  I've read several comments on FB that the father is in Texas but I don't know if that's true or not.  Abby does apparently have relatives in Texas. 

The link to Mexico in the obituary and Abby's disappearance right before her 15th birthday reminded me of the traditional Quince celebrations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincea%C3%B1era

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2013, 11:36:22 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131017/NEWS07/131019233

October 17. 2013 10:43PM
Police say Abigail may not have made it home; $20k reward offered

By DAN SEUFERT
Union Leader Correspondent

At the news conference Thursday, investigators also announced that they will stop holding daily media briefings, and will announce briefings in the days ahead as information is ready to be released.

But the investigation has not slowed down and will not slow down "in the foreseeable future," Ramsey said.

Young and Ramsey said investigators still have many things to investigate, and the law enforcement presence, which has grown to as much as 100 officers from various agencies in the past week, will continue.

"Have we made progress? Yes," Ramsey said.

"Do we have her last location? No. Do we have a suspect in relation to her case? No. But we have a long checklist of things to do, and we have made significant progress on that checklist, and we have gathered some significant information."

Ramsey said the investigation into social media has been a part of the investigation, but investigators have found little to help on that front.

"We have here a 15-year-old who had a very active presence on social media, and that activity has gone totally dark," he said.

More searches were conducted Thursday, and there was a scaled-down version of Wednesday's police roadblock traffic stops on the North-South Road, with officers stopping a few cars along the road to ask drivers if they had seen anything involving the girl that Wednesday.

Searches will begin Friday, Ramsey said, in areas of town that have not been searched before.

The community, meanwhile, has come together to help find Hernandez and her family. That includes the "extended community" of Ossipee, where a resident of the county nursing home, the Mountain View Community, has made more than 300 yellow ribbons that say "Abby" on them and is giving them out, accepting donations.

Resident Susan Strauch, an expert embroiderer, has been making them all week, and donations toward them have brought more than $2,000 to help Zanya Hernandez, the missing teen's mother and a nurse at the home, meet her financial needs as the search continues, said the home's administrator, Howard Chandler.

Carroll County officials made an unusual move Thursday, Chandler said, by changing policy and allowing county employees to donate their vacation and sick time to Zanya Hernandez, who has been given leave during the crisis but cannot be paid by the county directly while she doesn't work.

Her co-workers at the home have donated enough of their sick time and vacation time to pay her salary for the foreseeable future, and Chandler sees that continuing.

"Our hope is that, given everything that family has had to deal with, Zanya doesn't have to worry about finances," he said. "We want to allow Zanya to have the choice when and how to return to work, so she doesn't have to make that decision out of financial need."

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2013, 07:25:50 AM »

http://www.memorialsolutions.com/sitemaker/sites/clayto0/obit.cgi?user=307586Hernandez

If it is the same family... This was from 2011 and listed Abby and her sister Sarah as being from Jackson, NH as well as Ruben Hernandez (Abby's dad?).  If I'm looking at the map correctly, Jackson is about 15 miles from Conway and could be included in the top area of the focus of the investigation map that was shown yesterday (and posted above).  I've read several comments on FB that the father is in Texas but I don't know if that's true or not.  Abby does apparently have relatives in Texas. 

The link to Mexico in the obituary and Abby's disappearance right before her 15th birthday reminded me of the traditional Quince celebrations.

Thanks for finding this! The dad thing was driving me crazy.
alismom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2013, 08:50:44 AM »

I'm guessing that Dad and Mom are divorced since the obituary doesn't mention Dad having a spouse as it does for the other children of Leo Hernandez.. Praying she will be found safe..
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2013, 09:57:58 AM »

I'm guessing that Dad and Mom are divorced since the obituary doesn't mention Dad having a spouse as it does for the other children of Leo Hernandez.. Praying she will be found safe..

That would be my guess too, or maybe still in the process of a divorce?  If so, I have to wonder if it is/was contentious or if there are/were custody issues?

I did find a property that they are still both listed as owners of.

http://www.jackson.nhtaxkiosk.com/taxDetails.aspx?OWN=HERNANDEZ%2c+RUBEN

Invoice Number: 2013P01009205

Current Owner    HERNANDEZ, RUBEN    Due Date    7/15/2013
Current Owner 2    & ZENYA    Bill Amount    $850.00
Billed Owner    HERNANDEZ, RUBEN    
Location    82 DUNDEE ROAD    Principal    $0.00
Type    Property Tax    Interest    $0.00
Map-Lot-Sub    000V06-000019-000000    Penalties    $0.00
Acres    2    Total Due    $0.00

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/82-Dundee-Rd-Jackson-NH-03846/86731388_zpid/

82 Dundee Rd, JACKSON, NH 03846

Dundee Road, Jackson, New Hampshire
Address is approximate

Not for Sale
Zestimate: $199,265

Bedrooms:4 beds
Bathrooms:2 baths
Single Family:1,863 sq ft
Lot:2 acres
Year Built:1900
Heating Type:Forced air

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2013, 10:03:37 AM »

I looked at this company some last night, Ruben Hernandez is the only name that I could find associated with it.  Office is listed on the same road as the property above.

https://www.sos.nh.gov/corporate/soskb/Corp.asp?363318

Business Name History
Name    Name Type
STRUCTURAL SOLUTIONS, INC.    Legal
Corporation - Domestic - Information

Business ID:    285874

Entity Creation Date:    1/27/1998

State of Business.:    NH
Principal Office Address:    DUNDEE RD
PO BOX 407
JACKSON NH 03846
Principal Mailing Address:    DUNDEE RD
PO BOX 407
JACKSON NH 03846

Last Annual Report Filed Date:    3/2/2013
Last Annual Report Filed:    2013
Registered Agent

Agent Name:    RUBEN HERNADEZ
Office Address:    DUNDEE ROAD
P O BOX 407
JACKSON NH 03846
Mailing Address:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2013, 10:07:01 AM »

Thanks for finding this! The dad thing was driving me crazy.

It was driving me crazy too.  Still is...   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2013, 10:50:11 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1310/15/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE

MacNeill Facelift Murder Trial Opens in Utah

Aired October 15, 2013 - 20:00   ET

GRACE: Tonight, to Conway, New Hampshire -- 15-year-old Abby walking home from school, vanishes without a trace. Tonight, where is Abby?

(BEGIN VIDEOCLIP)

MICHAEL BOARD, REPORTER FOR WOAI, SAN ANTONIO TEXAS, 1200 AM: Fifteen-year-old Abigail Hernandez vanished after she left high school. She was caught on school surveillance cameras shortly before 2:30. Since then, no one has heard from her.

Female: Abby, we really miss you. We need to know that you`re safe. Please come home.

Male: A ping from her cell phone appeared near Cranmore Mountain Resort, shortly before she was reported missing.

Male: We have a crew out on the mountain. We all have our eyes open everywhere.

BOARD: No solid leads as to what happened to Abigail Hernandez.

(END VIDEOCLIP)

GRACE: The tip line is 1-800-CALL-FBI. This little girl, just 14- years-old when she went missing, a track star scrubbed in sunshine -- Abby Hernandez. Let`s take a look at her -- repeat tip line -- 1-800-CALL-FBI. Michael Board, WOAI, what can you tell me?

BOARD: Well, she was last seen leaving her school. Her friends were on the school bus, they saw her walking out of her school about 2:30 in the afternoon. Her mom got home from her nursing job about 7 o`clock that night, she was not there, her mom started panicking, called the cops. She has not been seen from since. There`s been a massive search -- air, ground, water, in ponds, in rivers -- no sign of this beautiful 15-year-old girl.

GRACE: (Justin Fryman), on the story. I didn`t quite understand that -- the friends on the school bus saw her where?

(FRYMAN): The last she was seen was on the way walking home. And there`s -- the mother said that she did make it home, and actually police dogs followed her scent to the house and nearby woods.

GRACE: OK, so when the school bus friends saw her, she must have been getting off the bus and going to her home? Is that correct, Justin?

(FRYMAN): The (inaudible) is that she was actually on foot -- she was seen on foot leaving school.

GRACE: OK. So, on foot, leaving school and she did make it home. Actor Marc Klaas, President and Founder of KlaasKids Foundation -- this is his specialty. What do you make of it Marc, she made it home?

MARC KLAAS, PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER OF KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION: Well, we believe she made it home. Certainly dogs can be fallible, but you know she was -- she is in the population of children that are the most vulnerable in our society. Twenty years ago, this would have been just dropped as another runaway case, but now, extraordinarily, it`s got multiple law enforcement agencies involved in it, it`s almost like a nationwide Amber alert -- the kind of attention that this case has gotten. So, hopefully, all of that attention will result in recovering her, and hopefully recovering her alive. But one other thing, Nancy. She was going to have her 15th birthday right after she disappeared. So the idea that a 15-year-old girl or a to-be 15- year-old girl would run away the day before her birthday, I think is very hard to believe.

GRACE: Now, I recall distinctly some cases in the Connecticut area, Marc Klaas, I don`t know if you remember them. And authorities are trying to connect them. Several of those girls were involved in sports activity such as track. They were high school girls that all went missing. This young lady, Abby -- Abigail -- was a track star. She was 14 years old when she went missing. Do you think, Marc Klaas, since we don`t know of a boyfriend, anybody that she`s met online -- do you think it`s possible that she had been spotted or targeted by someone at these track meets?

KLAAS: Oh, sure, there are definitely serial predators out there, there`s no question about that. We know the adult -- we know the adult predators, we know people like John Wayne Gacy who went after young boys, so I think that that possibility is absolutely very, very real. There still, Nancy, are a whole string of unsolved cases on the east coast of young girls and young women that have disappeared, and many of those cases have been followed on your show.

GRACE: To Ben Levitan, telecommunications expert joining me tonight out of Raleigh. Ben, her phone pinged -- that doesn`t necessarily mean a phone call was made or intercepted or that she got a text -- what does it mean?

BEN LEVITAN, TELECOMMUNICATIONS EXPERT: Pinged just means that your cell phone made contact with a cell tower -- that`s it. In emergency situations, the police can go to the cell phone companies and ask them to ping your phone, which means sends a signal out to your phone, and what the cell phone company will get back is the location of that phone, accurate to about 100 feet. But the problem is, the phone has to be on, Nancy.

GRACE: What do we know about the pings, Michael Board, WOAI?

BOARD: Well, there have been pings -- a report that her phone was used about 6:30 in the evening-

GRACE: Yes, they tossed that though. I just found out Michael, right, as we went to air tonight that that cell phone call that we were putting a lot of credence in -- the cell phone call we thought she made that night around 6:30 p.m. -- she didn`t make it. All we`ve got now is that back-up ping off one of the cell phone towers -- they just released that to us tonight. Hold on -- out to the phones. Evan in Kentucky, hi, Evan, what`s your question?

(EVAN): Yes, did she have an older boyfriend or a guy that was stalking her, maybe?

GRACE: I don`t know. Justin, I know that`s one of the first things that police will look for because this typically is not a female crime -- to abduct a 14-year-old track star and kill her. All right, so, we`re looking at a man, most likely. What do we know about boyfriends, ex- boyfriends, online activity, has she been targeted? What do we know?

(FRYMAN): We know that law enforcement told local news that Abby had befriended an older boy on Facebook and had a high school boyfriend.

GRACE: She had a high school boyfriend, and what did you say about Facebook?

(FRYMAN): That she had -- that she had befriended an older boy on Facebook.

GRACE: You know, the thing with that, though, to Eleanor and Peter -- first to you, Eleanor is -- you can friend somebody on Facebook and they can be 1,000 miles away. I don`t know how much stock I would put into that.

ELEANOR ODOM, DEATH PENALTY QUALIFIED SEX OFFENDER PROSECUTOR: Well, Nancy, but you also got to consider that person that you friended -- their friends, and perhaps they`re the ones who are looking at her, you never know. It depends on your privacy (codes). And I`ve seen far too often young teenage girls this age -- 14/15 being enamored of an older boy or an older guy, and you know, wanting to meet them and what not. Even when they first meet on Facebook. We always say Facebook`s like the devil for these types of cases.

Male: Yes.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2013, 11:06:45 AM »

http://www.berlindailysun.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47412:20-000-reward-offered-in-hernandez-search&catid=103:local-news&Itemid=442

$20,000 reward offered in Hernandez search

Published Date Thursday, 17 October 2013 20:03
Written by Terry Leavitt

Zenya Hernandez, Abigail's mom, speaks at a press conference Thursday afternoon. (JAMIE GEMMITI PHOTO)

Hernandez's family and friends have released limited statements, mostly imploring the 15-year-old to contact them if she is able. The tenor of the statements are one more indication that not even they are sure whether Hernandez left on her own accord or against her will.

Young said on Thursday that all members of Hernandez's immediate family, including her father, who has largely avoided the spotlight, have been working with authorities. "Everybody has been extremely cooperative," Young said.

"I think the thing that has been most difficult is the lack of information," Kennett High principal Neal Moylan said on Wednesday. "Kids are on edge, especially those students who knew her. The teachers who had her in their classrooms are also on edge."

Despite the anxiety, however, he said, people are also hopeful. "Maybe this will be the day she shows up."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2013, 11:14:27 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1JjEWg-Gfs

Video of Hope: Love to Abby Hernandez

Published on Oct 14, 2013

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/r1JjEWg-Gfs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/r1JjEWg-Gfs</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2013, 11:34:35 AM »

https://twitter.com/RayBrewerWMUR/status/391159131153121280

Ray Brewer ‏@RayBrewerWMUR 4h

As we enter day 10 of the search for Abigail things are quiet at the Conway pd even investigators who are normally here haven't shown up yet

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2013, 12:21:58 PM »

https://twitter.com/RayBrewerWMUR/status/391184815145623552

Ray Brewer ‏@RayBrewerWMUR 3h

White Mountain Milers are raising money for Hernandez family. Zenya is a member and volunteers for them . WMUR9 #wmur

http://www.whitemountainmilers.com/bringabbyhome

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2013, 02:42:19 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Abigail.Hernandez/posts/372912159508986

Missing Help Find Abigail Hernandez · 4,516 like this
about a minute ago ·

Searchers searching Cranmore Mountain today.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.