May 13, 2024, 02:43:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #2 6/30/10 - 7/5/10  (Read 476727 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1280 on: July 04, 2010, 12:35:42 AM »

Can yu please help me find one of the article that had the quote from LE and his lawyer. It talks about how they all were in bed together, the question that came up and nver answered was who is "all"

i was just looking at that

Horman lives with his girlfriend and one-year-old son. But she was out of town the night his teenage relative stayed over. So Horman suggested they share a bed.
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/06/kristian_horman_kyron_hormans.php

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1281 on: July 04, 2010, 02:02:01 AM »

Here is one of the articles. There is one somewhere that the lawyer responded and it provided a bit more details. I can't seem to find it. I know it is buried in the 1st thread. Funny thing is when this hit so did the flyer that LE sent out with Terri and Truck.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story_2nd.php?story_id=127687387448812800

Uncle in a Washington jail
Regarding Kyron's uncle, Kristian Horman, Gates said detectives are “following up on that,” working with detectives in the Seattle area.

Kristian Scott Horman of Everett, Wash., (and brother of Kaine Horman, Kyron’s father) was convicted of child molestation charges (stemming from another child) Wednesday and booked into Snohomish County Jail with no bail, as first reported last week by the blinkoncrime website (http://blinkoncrime.com).

According to the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office, Kristian Horman was originally arrested in February 2009 for third-degree child molestation in the October 2008 case of his 15-year-old stepdaughter. He was released on parole and not in custody until being convicted and booked into jail June 16. He was sentenced to 180 days in jail. Third-degree child molestation is a Class C felony.

Rebecca Hover, a Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman, said she's “not aware of any law enforcement agency that's called our agency about Kyron or Kristian Horman.”

Swamped by calls of interest from the national media, she said, she has checked with her county's major crimes and special investigations unit, and they had not been familiar with any connection to the Kyron Horman case.

According to Kristian Horman's booking documents, he had no prior record of criminal charges other than failing to renew his vehicle registration. The molestation incident occured when "they were all in the same house, in the same bed," said Hal Hupp, the prosecutor in the case. "He almost immediately admitted he'd done what he'd done."

Hover said Kristian Horman has declined to speak to the media, but refers calls to his Seattle attorney, Donna Johnston.

Johnston did not return the Tribune's call seeking comment.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1282 on: July 04, 2010, 02:15:45 AM »

I have been reading comment on this site and others that perhaps a master mind kidnapper is holding Kyron hostage while negotiating and making demands. Sounds a bit far fetched but if you think about it, it could fit I guess.
Here are some examples..
The statement that Desiree made the other day, She starts out with Kyron is alive. Is this is a message to Terri. She goes on begging that Terri Horman fully cooperates..Was this a message to the kidnapper that everyone is on board but Terri?

The glasses, it has been a topic of interest that perhaps the glasses have been sent as a message to someone. So when Desiree spoke on TV about Kyrons greatest fear is being without his glasses, was this a plea to the kidnapper that he is scaring Kyron?

The changing stories, are these demands made by the kidnapper? Is he trying to discredit Terri or other family members and forcing them to say these things publically?

The filing for divorce and the RO, were these demands made by the kidnapper? Did this person force Kaine to file?

The crazy arse news conference...were the 2 papers kicked out because the kidnapper didn't like the coverage and made them do that?

I don't know what I think about all of these things, it sounds like an episode of CSI or something, could this be happening? What are your thoughts? I can see it as possible there are some crazy people out there, but then again, yikes seems like a stretch.

4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1283 on: July 04, 2010, 02:18:53 AM »

I've been wondering what kind of plans Kyron's family had for this weekend.  I wonder what they might have been doing this weekend if he had not disappeared.  I wonder if they were going to take a vacation somewhere???  It would be interesting to know if they had a trip or reservations that had to be canceled because Kyron is missing.  I have wondered if James would have been included.  I wonder if James and Kyron missed each other when James went to live with his grandparents.  I've racked my brains out trying to think of what could have happened.  If Terri felt burdened by Kyron I think it would have been easier to let him go live with his Mom.  I think Desiree would have been happy to have him in her home.  I've also wondered if Kyron knew the family was about to split and it upset him so much that he decided to run away.  Just thinking about it, oftentimes I think children sense what's going on and internalize it.  What if Kyron thought it was his fault?  Who would know and keep his secret, his best forever friend???  Yeah probably pretty far afetched but anyway it was a thought and I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Happy 4th everyone and I pray that God will bring Kyron safely home.
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1284 on: July 04, 2010, 02:48:43 AM »

I have been reading comment on this site and others that perhaps a master mind kidnapper is holding Kyron hostage while negotiating and making demands. Sounds a bit far fetched but if you think about it, it could fit I guess.
Here are some examples..
The statement that Desiree made the other day, She starts out with Kyron is alive. Is this is a message to Terri. She goes on begging that Terri Horman fully cooperates..Was this a message to the kidnapper that everyone is on board but Terri?

The glasses, it has been a topic of interest that perhaps the glasses have been sent as a message to someone. So when Desiree spoke on TV about Kyrons greatest fear is being without his glasses, was this a plea to the kidnapper that he is scaring Kyron?

The changing stories, are these demands made by the kidnapper? Is he trying to discredit Terri or other family members and forcing them to say these things publically?

The filing for divorce and the RO, were these demands made by the kidnapper? Did this person force Kaine to file?

The crazy arse news conference...were the 2 papers kicked out because the kidnapper didn't like the coverage and made them do that?

I don't know what I think about all of these things, it sounds like an episode of CSI or something, could this be happening? What are your thoughts? I can see it as possible there are some crazy people out there, but then again, yikes seems like a stretch.

Tracygirl your thoughts don't sound anymore far afetched than mine.  I do so hope he is still alive.  Yes I thought Desiree's statement sounded more along the lines of she knew he was alive than hoping he was alive.  It was a strange thing expecially when she implored Terri for her cooperation.  Two things really stood out to me.  Tony was wearing a different shirt not the Help find Kyron shirt like Desiree and Kaine.  It seems kind of wierd that the bio parents are wearing matching shirts.  This whole step parent thing is driving me nuts.  I have also been a step mom.  When my boy's Dad (I have two sons with him) and I got a divorce I told my stepson (Hubby's by a previous marriage) that even though his Dad and I were getting a divorce He will always be like my sons.  He's grown now as are my sons but he still comes to see me and brings his son.  He has a nice family and I love them very much.  I told the boys when they were all little that I don't want to hear none of this half brother stuff, you either are brothers or you are not.  KWIM

This case is so crazy.  I don't understand how Kaine can get an RO that keeps Terri away from James.  That is another thing that makes no sense at all unless the judge was convinced a judge that she might harm him?  Really could anything be too far fetched in this case????????????
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1285 on: July 04, 2010, 02:49:00 AM »

Finally found it, whew! I have seen bits and pieces posted, here is the whole article. .

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m6d23-Kyron-Horman-Update-Details-emerge-about-Kyrons-uncle-charged-in-child-molestation-case

Kyron Horman Update: Details emerge about Kyron’s uncle charged in child molestation case
June 23, 2:27 PMSeattle Headlines ExaminerIsabelle ZehnderPrevious
Next   
Comment     Subscribe
Subscribe
Get alerts when there is a new article from the Seattle Headlines Examiner. Read Examiner.com's terms of use. Email Address

Include other special offers from Examiner.com
Terms of Use

ShareThis

Kyron Horman uncle Kristian Scott Horman in jail for child molestation
KIRO TVIf you like this ...
Kyron Horman Update: Kyron’s bio-mom speaks out to her son
Kyron Horman Update: Interview with Sheriff’s office; urges people to return questionnaires
Seattle: Kyron Horman’s uncle arrested in child molestation; 2nd polygraph for stepmom (Video)
Kyron Horman update: New questionnaire increases scrutiny of stepmomTerri Moulton Horman
Spotlight on stepmother and uncle in case of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman intensifies (Video)
View all » June 23, 2010 - [Updated June 24, 2010] Kyron Horman, the 7-year-old

Portland boy who went missing from Skyline Elementary School June 4, has caught national attention. On June 16 his uncle from Seattle was arrested on charges of 3rd degree child molestation. There has been question as to whether the uncle’s arrest and Kyron’s case are in any way related.

Details about the molestation

Kyron’s uncle, Kristian Scott Horman, 32, was initially arraigned in March 2009 for alleged child molestation in 2008. It has been reported the abused child was Kristian’s teen niece.

However, during a phone interview Monday with Snohomish County Prosecutor, Hal Hupp, he said, “The child was not Kristian’s niece. There was no biological relation to Kristian.”

Hupp continued, “They were in the same house, in the same bed when it happened."

"There were two underage children in the bed at the time the molestation took place," he said. "The second child was uninvolved.”

According to Snohomish County Superior Court records Kristian was living with his girlfriend at the time of the molestation. Also living in the home were his girlfriend’s mother and his 1-year-old son. They lived in Bothell, Washington.

According to court records, on October 24, 2008, Kristian invited a 15-year-old girl to sleep in his bed. His ex-girlfriend was not home at the time of the molestation.

Kristian "massaged her back" and then began "rubbing her crotch."

The girl knew what Kristian was doing was wrong, left the bed, and called her mother.

Kristian apologized at the time. He first told police he was asleep and couldn’t remember what happened, but finally confessed. Court records indicate he was trying to arouse and initiate relations with the 15-year-old.

When asked what he was thinking, Kristian told police he was himself abused as a child by his own grandfather. Court records say he was thinking about all of the things his grandfather had done to him and remembering how he felt during the time.Cases related?

According to Snohomish County Prosecutor Hal Hupp, the cases are not related and Kristian’s recent jail sentence had nothing to do with Kyron.

“The child molestation case occurred two years ago and the uncle was just found guilty and jailed on June 16,” Hupp said. “Kyron was not the molested child in that case.”
When asked if Kristian Horman’s child molestation conviction in Seattle, Wash., was part of the investigation in Kyron’s case in Portland, Multnomah County Sheriff’s office spokeswoman, Lt. Mary Lindstand, said, “Yes, I can say that it is part of the investigation.”
Clearing up misconceptions

There have been rumors that the “arrest” of the uncle came so close to the date Kyron went missing, that people believe his arrest was somehow connected to Kyron’s disappearance.

Hupp pointed out that Kristian was not arrested. Kristian’s child molestation trial was scheduled months ago for June 16. He said, “There’s a misconception that Kristian was arrested in 2009. He was not arrested, he was charged.”

“There has to be probable cause to make an arrest. In sex offense cases, as in other criminal cases, an investigation has to take place,” he said. “The prosecutor’s office has to follow-up with police, a court date has to be set. If the person is arrested they are typically released on bail and they are then out of custody.”

“If police make an immediate arrest they only have 72 hours to make a determination for charging the accused,” Hupp said.

The case was heard that day. Snohomish County Sheriff’s office spokeswoman, Rebecca Hover, told Examiner.com Monday, “In February 2009 the judge ordered parole with conditions in Kristian’s molestation case.”

“The bench trial took place on June 16,” she said, “Which is when the judge found Kristian guilty of 3rd degree child molestation and he began serving his sentence that day. He’ll be in jail less than a year.”

Asked if Snohomish County Sheriff’s office is involved in Kyron’s case, Hover said, “We are sharing information about our case with investigators in Kyron’s case."

According to news reports, Kristian was sentenced to six months in Snohomish County Jail.

The process

"The process takes time," Hupp says. "It is vital that a thorough investigation take place to ensure the best outcome in these cases. It can take up to a year or more to gather all of the evidence, wait for DNA results, do interviews, and so on."

There are a myriad of things that can delay the process such as waiting for lab results and waiting for reports from experts, he said.

Once a trial date is set, and if the person is found to be guilty, they are sentenced and begin their jail or prison time.

“It’s important to remember that a person is innocent until proven guilty,” Hupp said. “It’s also important to remember that when children are involved, as in this case, the children are protected during the process.”

When asked if Kristian Horman has been required to register as a sex offender, Hupp said, “No, not yet. He will be required to register when he is released.”

According to court records, Kristian Horman was initially scheduled for arraignment March 6, 2009, when he would hear the allegations against him.

A trial date set for May 15, 2009, was continued. On February 9, 2009, a “no contact order” was issued to Kristian.

Trial was once again continued to September 25, 2009, then again to January 29, 2010.

On April 21, 2010, the trial date was once again changed to June 16, 2010.

The court heard the case June 16, 2010, when Kristian was found guilty of 3rd degree child molestation. He was read his rights and began serving his sentence that day.

Kristian is now a felon and as such was ordered to surrender his weapon on June 17, 2010. Drug and HIV tests were ordered.

Kristian is now in jail serving out his six-month sentence.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1286 on: July 04, 2010, 03:00:18 AM »

Here are some examples..

Tracygirl your thoughts don't sound anymore far afetched than mine.  I do so hope he is still alive.  Yes I thought Desiree's statement sounded more along the lines of she knew he was alive than hoping he was alive.  It was a strange thing expecially when she implored Terri for her cooperation.  Two things really stood out to me.  Tony was wearing a different shirt not the Help find Kyron shirt like Desiree and Kaine.  It seems kind of wierd that the bio parents are wearing matching shirts.  This whole step parent thing is driving me nuts.  I have also been a step mom.  When my boy's Dad (I have two sons with him) and I got a divorce I told my stepson (Hubby's by a previous marriage) that even though his Dad and I were getting a divorce He will always be like my sons.  He's grown now as are my sons but he still comes to see me and brings his son.  He has a nice family and I love them very much.  I told the boys when they were all little that I don't want to hear none of this half brother stuff, you either are brothers or you are not.  KWIM

This case is so crazy.  I don't understand how Kaine can get an RO that keeps Terri away from James.  That is another thing that makes no sense at all unless the judge was convinced a judge that she might harm him?  Really could anything be too far fetched in this case????????????

I know what you mean. I am a step mom and I am not going to lie and say it is always perfect, it is not, especially when you have other parents who wish to get back at their ex, or a natural parent who is threatend by the step parent. My relationship with the adults is what usually gets in the way of us all being a perfectly happy family. But the girls, they are just kids. They didn't ask for this. I try to make sure they know they don't just have a bed here, they have a home, that is what is important to me. I dont ever expect them to love me as they do their mom, but they do love me and I love them. what is so funny, my youngest step daughter was just about 3 when my husband and I got married, we had to convince her I was not going to turn into the wicked step mother from Snow White! She was terrified when she heard I was going to be her "step mother", she even cried! No daddy I don't want a stepmother!!! LOL, that was so funny.

I just think and I have since the beginning, the truth is going to end up being something that we hadn't thought of or something we felt was to far out there. But watch it will be the easy answer and it is a random kidnapping by an area pedo. Nothing will surprise me to be honest. I just hope they find him, either way, just bring him home.
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1287 on: July 04, 2010, 03:16:14 AM »

Tracygirl You sure had your work cut out for you going up against Disney in the mind of a 3 yr old. LOL  That is funny.  Bet you laugh about it now. 

Did you notice Tony's shirt didn't match Desiree and Kaine's?  That whole thing was just weird and then they did the group hug at the end.  Seemed to be pretty tense and I felt almost uncomfortable myself just watching.

4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1288 on: July 04, 2010, 03:22:11 AM »

BTW TG that article you posted above really clears things up about Kristian doesn't it.  Funny the length and detail they go to clear that up while we have a zillion other questions that we can't get a straight answer for.

4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1289 on: July 04, 2010, 03:31:49 AM »

Here are some examples..

omg I'm almost afraid to add this but what if someone who is not "on board" is involved in a kidnapping and extortion?

Groovy135
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1290 on: July 04, 2010, 08:03:38 AM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_tells_police_terri.html

A landscaper who worked for Kyron Horman's family at their rural Northwest Portland home told authorities that the missing boy's stepmom offered to pay him to kill her husband.

The landscaper told authorities that Terri Moulton Horman approached him with the murder-for-hire plot six to seven months before Kyron disappeared, The Oregonian has learned.
((edit - the Oregonian has requested we don't copy and paste entire articles))

Hi monkeys!!  You are all so amazing..I think you would like to see this!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 09:29:19 AM by klaasend » Logged
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1291 on: July 04, 2010, 08:13:47 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/
Kyron Horman case: Terri Horman reported to have solicited murder-for-hire

Posted on July 4th, 2010 by Valhall

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1292 on: July 04, 2010, 08:24:07 AM »

good morning Monkeys... Happy 4th of July.   Wow that article sure puts a new spin on things. If Terri is capable of wanting to hire someone to kill her husband , then perhaps she is also guilty of hiring someone to either kidnap or kill Kyron.  Obviously she didn't want to divorce him because there is no money in it for her. I am sure Kaine has a life insurance policy, I wonder if Kyron does? This information puts Terri in a whole new light in my eyes. I wonder why she thought the landscaper would never speak up about this? It seems Terri's problems are alot more deep seated.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1293 on: July 04, 2010, 08:34:44 AM »

good morning Monkeys... Happy 4th of July.   Wow that article sure puts a new spin on things. If Terri is capable of wanting to hire someone to kill her husband , then perhaps she is also guilty of hiring someone to either kidnap or kill Kyron.  Obviously she didn't want to divorce him because there is no money in it for her. I am sure Kaine has a life insurance policy, I wonder if Kyron does? This information puts Terri in a whole new light in my eyes. I wonder why she thought the landscaper would never speak up about this? It seems Terri's problems are alot more deep seated.

Kaine works for a major corporation and most corporations offer their employees nice benefits packages.  My children have been insured for years because I was able to get "cheap" insurance on them through my employer's bene packages.  Usually you pay a small sum monthly to insure all of your children "just in case." 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1294 on: July 04, 2010, 09:04:18 AM »

Tanner, Kyrons deskmate and self procalimed Best Friend of Kyrons spoke to the media.
The LE told him not to, but his young grandmother, age 43 told him to.

Tanners father lives on Suavies Island, is married to a Ann Pumala. Ann left town after Kyron went missing is what I have been told.

Could Tanners mother have been the babysitter that morning for TH?

Tanners Grandmothers home is/was in foreclosure. Who bought this home? The sale was just finalized in the last couple of days.

Some of these answers could lead us to Kyron.

Realtor.com listing for Grandma Pumalas home:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/16230-Nw-Sheltered-Nook-Rd_Portland_OR_97231_1118027205

Foreclosure Sale on Grandma Pumalas home:

http://www.vestus.com/foreclosure/OR/Multnomah/PORTLAND/16230-NW-SHELTERED-NOOK-RD-97231/99251

Was Tanner's father, mother, grandmother at the school that day?

Not sure I understand other than Tanner's parents living on the Island. Did Tanner live with them on the Island?

Sorry for the questions but I didn't start following this case from the beginning and have missed a lot and can't seem to find the time to go back and get caught up.

TY

OS

Good morning,

Does SM have any siblings?  Does SM have a bro or sis?  Is SM the only Squirrel?

TY

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1295 on: July 04, 2010, 09:05:25 AM »

Terri Horman reported to have solicited murder-for-hire.     I'm officially stunned and if she could do that, I have no doubt she could do harm to a child. WTH, now what was going on inside that home for her to even want to plot such a thing? Or is she mentally ill? I still believe her son having to leave that home was part of Terri's decline.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1296 on: July 04, 2010, 09:11:03 AM »

Terri Horman reported to have solicited murder-for-hire.     I'm officially stunned and if she could do that, I have no doubt she could do harm to a child. WTH, now what was going on inside that home for her to even want to plot such a thing? Or is she mentally ill? I still believe her son having to leave that home was part of Terri's decline.

Good morning NoRose & Monkey's,

I believe it is CSI was part of her spiral, she was in love with murder.  IMO.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1297 on: July 04, 2010, 09:19:35 AM »

Good morning NoRose & Monkey's,

I believe it is CSI was part of her spiral, she was in love with murder.  IMO.
Good morning, I would have no idea what possessed her to do this. But, that is usually never a good idea to try and hire a man that does landscaping for the family, and suggest this kind of a plot if you ask me. If she wanted rid of him, she could have slowly poisoned him, I guess I watch way to many crime shows. But, if she was having an affair with said landscaper, maybe she thought he would do such a thing for the both of them. She is mentally ill if you ask me.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1298 on: July 04, 2010, 09:21:46 AM »

She offered the landscaper a large amount of money, where did she get this large amount of money from?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1299 on: July 04, 2010, 09:22:56 AM »

And one more thing, is it not against the law to offer money to a person to kill your husband?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.