May 17, 2024, 11:38:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #41 5/26/09 - 6/12/09  (Read 314052 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1480 on: June 07, 2009, 12:37:57 PM »

When my DIL was expecting our precious 2 1/2 year old grandson ... she shared with me that when she went into labor ... she wanted no drugs to take the edge off the pain.  She was convinced that the bonding process could only happen if she experience EVERY contraction.

Then there was me.  I cannot tolerate pain.  The "powers that be" in that delivery room could have knocked me out cold with drugs and woken me the "experience" was over.  Hey ... I knew I had a lifetime to work on the bonding process.

Janet

I know what you mean Janet. I had my first with demerol and was totally out when she was born. That was 38 yrs ago when they believed in drugs. Really short induced labor. Then 7 yrs later my son was 4 weeks early so I got nothing , nada, zilch. and about 12 hours of labor. I will take the drugs anyday.
Me too, my husband had to drag me to those birthing classes    As soon as the doctor asked me if I wanted drugs with the first one, I jumped at it. There was no way I was not. And for me it would have gone easier, if my husband would have sat out in the waiting room, instead of monitoring the machine, that would let you know when a contraction was coming. I told him, he either was going to shut up and sit down, or wait outside. I was like he!! on wheels 
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1481 on: June 07, 2009, 12:39:20 PM »

Hi Tupleohoney!!!   

Thank you!!  I'm very happy to be here. The waiting to be approved nearly killed me,  , but it was worth the wait!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1482 on: June 07, 2009, 12:43:37 PM »

When dear son was born I went into labor on a Saturday and low and behold the hospital staff were having their annual picnic.  No anesthesiologist.  Doctor was at the picnic and sent word to me that I wasn't due yet, when I was in on Thursday I had not even dilated and it was just false labor.  I went in at 1:30pm, had him by 5:20pm.  Didn't have time to get the anesthesiologist in to give me anything so natural child birth was the order for the day.  When they put him in my arms I was mortified-----HE LOOKED JUST LIKE ROD STEWART WITH THE WILD HAIR.  All I could think of was which song is he going to break into.  The doctor was my worse enemy at the moment and I refused to talk to him for weeks.   
Wasn't that kind of him, like he is going to tell you the baby wasn't due yet. Maybe he should have come back from the picnic just to be sure. And a little Rod Stewart  My doctor told me at 9 in the morning that he would be back around supper time. I told him no way, this baby is coming much sooner then supper time, drugs or no drugs. She was born at 12:30 and told me, I guess you were right. When I look back at both births, I bet they couldn't wait to get me out of there 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1483 on: June 07, 2009, 12:47:10 PM »

ARE THEY HERE YET? ARE THEY HERE YET??? 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1484 on: June 07, 2009, 12:50:21 PM »

ARE THEY HERE YET? ARE THEY HERE YET??? 

Nope, but we're taking bets on when they'll arrive and in what order!!!  Weigh in, Nut!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1485 on: June 07, 2009, 12:51:58 PM »

tupleohoney? Would you like an avatar? There's some to choose from at the link in my signature line, or I'll be happy to help you find anything you'd like!   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1486 on: June 07, 2009, 12:57:14 PM »

When dear son was born I went into labor on a Saturday and low and behold the hospital staff were having their annual picnic.  No anesthesiologist.  Doctor was at the picnic and sent word to me that I wasn't due yet, when I was in on Thursday I had not even dilated and it was just false labor.  I went in at 1:30pm, had him by 5:20pm.  Didn't have time to get the anesthesiologist in to give me anything so natural child birth was the order for the day.  When they put him in my arms I was mortified-----HE LOOKED JUST LIKE ROD STEWART WITH THE WILD HAIR.  All I could think of was which song is he going to break into.  The doctor was my worse enemy at the moment and I refused to talk to him for weeks.   
Wasn't that kind of him, like he is going to tell you the baby wasn't due yet. Maybe he should have come back from the picnic just to be sure. And a little Rod Stewart  My doctor told me at 9 in the morning that he would be back around supper time. I told him no way, this baby is coming much sooner then supper time, drugs or no drugs. She was born at 12:30 and told me, I guess you were right. When I look back at both births, I bet they couldn't wait to get me out of there 

Doctors! 

With my first son...in labor almost 24 hours...12 hours of 2 min apart...NEVER DIALATED at ALL!  No drugs at all, doctor went home ate supper...by the time he came back in to check on me I was saying "DO SOMETHING...CUT MY THROAT IF YOU NEED TO, BUT GET THIS BABY OUT!  Since my son was showing signs of distress by then, they took me in for a C-Section.  The spinal (not epideral) made me throw up the entire time in surgery...so I was in panic mode thinking I might aspirate...so I was asking "am I going to die?"  No one would answer me.  They talked about golf and everything else in the world but wouldn't acknowledge me!  As soon as the baby was out he told the anesthesiologist "Knock her out!"  He just wanted me to shut up!

My son was 9 lbs 4 oz and he had a huge head (DH's side of the family) 
He had an obvious impression on his forehead from trying to get into the birth canal, but his head was way too big!

Needless to say I found a new doctor when I had my second son.  It was much better!  Scheduled c-section...labor afterward, not good but much better than my first go round!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1487 on: June 07, 2009, 12:58:44 PM »

tupleohoney? Would you like an avatar? There's some to choose from at the link in my signature line, or I'll be happy to help you find anything you'd like!   
Yes I do want an avatar, I'm just trying to learn how everything works here. I'm off to your link now!  Thanks for your help!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #1488 on: June 07, 2009, 12:59:39 PM »

"The happiest days are the days when babies come." said Melanie in Gone With The Wind
and I agree. I am praying for Dolce,Hubs and babies. Just remember Dolce, the stupid nurse has the Demerol.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1489 on: June 07, 2009, 01:02:27 PM »

texasmom, how awful  With the second one, for awhile they kept telling me to push, and when I'd stop, she would go further up the birth canal    Laying on the table, I told them, almost the same thing you did  either take her out or kill me. Before I knew it, I was counting backwards into a mask. They wanted me to shut up also, big time.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1490 on: June 07, 2009, 01:02:49 PM »

"The happiest days are the days when babies come." said Melanie in Gone With The Wind
and I agree. I am praying for Dolce,Hubs and babies. Just remember Dolce, the stupid nurse has the Demerol.

I couldn't take the demerol.  As soon as they gave it to me it stopped contractions and I went into a very much needed sleep.  They had to turn around and remove it and give me a shot to counteract it.  I told the nurse (my SIL at the time) that I hate all of them.  I yelled "Damn you all".  My husband dared not get in the middle of that one.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1491 on: June 07, 2009, 01:03:51 PM »

And don't turn it down. I figured the baby was going to come out regardless if you took medicine or not.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1492 on: June 07, 2009, 01:08:41 PM »

Don't know about everyone else...but feel like I am waiting on my own grandbabies lol.

And everyone is stupid and mean and hateful when you are in labor.

ITA!! My first child, they were wheeling down to get a picture to see if he would even fit and I was snarling like crazy. The nurse told me to Shut up!!! OMG, I couldn't believe it!! Turned out he weighed 9lbs 6oz! Could've smacked her!!!
My first weighed 6lbs 12 oz. The second one was 10 lbs. It was an emergency c-section. When I woke up, I was completely knocked out. I didn't even know where I was when I woke up  When they showed her to me, I yelled and accused them of giving me someone else's baby, she looked like she was about two months old    When I finally got settled in my room, the next morning, the nurse said that she and another nurse, never saw such a nosy baby in all their years of taking care of babies. And 22 years later, she still is very nosy.

I feel like I'm waiting on grandbabies too!!  I'm so glad to be waiting here though, when my daughter was having hers, it just about killed me. Even though she had the epidural, I was reliving every contraction and pain that I had when I had my two. Being the mountain hippies that we were, nothing but home birth for us.   OMG, the first one came 4 weeks early and about 12 hrs into labor the midwife says that she'd be more comfortable with me going to the hospital,whaaaaaaat!!!
By then, I'm on my hands and knees, butt in the air, front seat of the hatchback, roaring down the Santa Cruz mts  (can't make this stuff up), get there, and this ancient old fart that was DR. on duty, mad that we would even attempt home birth, lectured me for the next 2 hrs til my son was born.  Ummm good times

Second time around, still going for home birth, different midwife, daughter was 2 weeks late and yep, could pass as a 2 month old. She was 10 lbs. Yowser, she didn't come easy,   now, I am thinking drugs are the way to go.

Hurry Dolce, we're waiting!!!!     
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1493 on: June 07, 2009, 01:10:08 PM »

I couldn't take the demerol.  As soon as they gave it to me it stopped contractions and I went into a very much needed sleep.  They had to turn around and remove it and give me a shot to counteract it.  I told the nurse (my SIL at the time) that I hate all of them.  I yelled "Damn you all".  My husband dared not get in the middle of that one.
I guess both of us were not on our best behavior giving birth.  Monkey Devil! The second child when her water broke when I was lying in the bed, the doctor came over and then the nurse. The water wasn't clear it was greenish, and the darn fool doctor was color blind, and the nurse had to tell him about it.  Next I remember the baby was in distress, and they told me to get up on all fours, with my bare butt mooning everyone, because my gown wasn't on right, I still don't know why, but of course I did it. I figure everything from the birth and c-section, and the embarrassing problems I had after the c-section, that nothing should ever embarrass me again.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1494 on: June 07, 2009, 01:11:38 PM »

mizjay, I see we both were on all fours with our butts for the world to see 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1495 on: June 07, 2009, 01:12:05 PM »

You guys have me rolling!!    ::MonkeyLaugh:

Ohhhhhh, we're indoctrinating Dolce today into the "Mama's Only Know" club!!! 
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1496 on: June 07, 2009, 01:13:35 PM »

No update yet guys (Im practicing Lamaze right now though)  Dolce is just so cute, she was texting me while she was waiting for her hospital room and the nurses told her to turn her phone off!!!!

Tell Nurse Ratchet He!! to the NO!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1497 on: June 07, 2009, 01:14:02 PM »

And we didn't even care!! All modesty gets thrown under the bus down during this birthing process!!   
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1498 on: June 07, 2009, 01:14:05 PM »

Dolce was pregnant,She had babies...How come no one told me?

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1499 on: June 07, 2009, 01:14:37 PM »

we mothers should have at least 2 Mothers Days A year.  They owe us big time   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.