May 13, 2024, 11:34:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 873756 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 10:00:07 AM »

Thank you!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 10:05:20 AM »

Yes, thank you! 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 10:06:45 AM »

Thank you! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 10:07:20 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151337575929305&id=141296864304

Westminster PD
9 hours ago
UPDATE:

The Westminster Police Department is still actively searching for Jessica. We are not utilizing any volunteers on Sunday morning, as we are bringing in a new team of search dogs.

We want to thank the community for their support throughout this entire process. Today we had over 800 volunteers come out to help. Twenty Six times we sent out teams of 50 to search areas on foot. The search area covered was from 92nd Avenue to 112th Avenue, Indiana Street to Wadsworth Boulevard.

Currently we are following up on over 100 tips.

We are still asking that if the public has any information to contact Westminster Police Dispatch at 303 658-4360.

Unless we have a major development, we will not have any further updates until after 8:00am. tomorrow morning.

#jessicaridgeway

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 10:07:46 AM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/amber-alert-issues-for-jessica-ridgeway-10-missing-since-friday

Still no sign of missing 10-year-old

After 800 searchers look, there's still no sign of Jessica Ridgeway who went missing in Westminster
Ridgeway, 10, last seen walking to school Friday

Posted: 10/06/2012
Last Updated: 20 minutes ago

By: Thomas Hendrick
    By: Wayne Harrison
    By: [{"name":"Lindsey Sablan","seq":1}]

WESTMINSTER, Colo. - A massive search in Westminster Saturday failed to turn up any sign of a missing 10-year-old girl who disappeared while walking to school Friday.

Police said Jessica Ridgeway was last seen walking to Chelsea Park in the area of 107th Avenue and Moore Street around 8:30 a.m. Friday where she was to meet several friends before walking to Witt Elementary School. Jessica's mother stood in the front yard of their home at 10768 Moore St. until her daughter was out of sight.

Jessica never showed up at school.  The school left a voicemail on Jessica's mother's phone. The mother works nights and was asleep when the call came. Police said they were notified Jessica was missing by her mom around 4:30 p.m. Friday.

Saturday, volunteers and police searched nearby open spaces looking for clues.

Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso said about 800 people volunteered to help look for Jessica on Saturday.

"This morning I really expected maybe a hundred people, so to have that many, it was just amazing. And they just went -- they did what we needed them to. They were so devoted to being out here," Materasso said.  "I watched one gentlemen putting plastic bags on his feet because his feet were soaked through, his shoes were soaked through and he was going back out again."

Buses of volunteers were sent to open spaces in Mayfair, Countryside, Ketner and Chelsea as well as the Westminster Hills Dog Park and Standley Lake.

"It was really emotional because you're looking in ditches and you're looking in culverts and you're looking through sewer drainage pipes.  On the one hand again, you're hoping you might find a boot with a pom pom and on the other hand, you're hoping you don't," said volunteer Marsha Orr.  "My 7-year old son is such an amazing gift to me. To not know where he was spending a cold night, it would rip my heart out."

A dive team searched  Ketner Reservoir Saturday afternoon. The search was "done as a search tool to rule out the lake," police said.

The search area covered on Saturday was from 92nd Avenue to 112th Avenue and from  Indiana Street to Wadsworth Boulevard.

"We are not utilizing any volunteers on Sunday morning, as we are bringing in a new team of search dogs," Materasso said. 

He said police will follow up on more than 100 tips.

Authorities have said they don't think Jessica was abducted by an acquaintance or relative.  The girl's father lives in Missouri and has been accounted for there.
 ::snipping2::
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2012, 10:28:40 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151115084248271&set=o.398494973555822&type=1&relevant_count=1

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2012, 10:34:15 AM »

Video made by a 16 year old that searched for Jessica yesterday...he lives in her neighborhood.

I think we can all understand how he feels. 

http://youtu.be/ggjYrwUSbdg

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2012, 10:56:06 AM »

Darla - that's one of Red's typos.  It is October 5th

thanks Klaas! It doesn't take much to confuse me.

Yes, sorry my bad. It has been corrected. Who knew its October already.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 10:59:24 AM »

AMBERT ALERT: Search Continues for Missing 10 Year Old Jessica Ridgeway … Is there a Connection to Arvada school Students Who Saw Man in a Dark Sedan Trying to Lure Kids Closer to his Vehicle

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/10/07/ambert-alert-search-continues-for-missing-10-year-old-jessica-ridgeway-is-there-a-connection-to-arvada-school-students-who-saw-man-in-a-dark-sedan-trying-to-lure-kids-closer-to-his-vehicle/

One has to wonder whether there is a connection to the story that was reported three weeks prior of students at an Arvada school that saw a man in a dark sedan trying to lure kids closer to his vehicle?

Three weeks ago, students at an Arvada school saw a man in a dark sedan trying to lure kids closer to his vehicle. JeffCo schools sent letters out to all of its schools – including Witt Elementary – where Jessica attends school. Police are looking into whether there’s a connection.

The local schools were warned about this story, i hope the parents were as well.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2012, 12:20:51 PM »

http://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

Westminster Police‏@WestminsterPD
7m You will continue to see police activity near the home of #jessicaridgeway today. A new team of bloodhounds is out

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2012, 12:28:33 PM »

Custody battle?  Haven't looked to see if home is in a neighborhood and if anyone besides Mom saw her leving for school?  Now I am hoping the custody battle was a factor because the other alerntive means that some perv may have had an 8 hour free tme with this poor child!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012, 12:36:40 PM »

http://kplr11.com/2012/10/07/mo-home-of-missing-co-girls-father-searched/

MO Home Of Missing CO Girl’s Father Searched
Posted on: 10:18 am, October 7, 2012

INDEPENDENCE, MO (KPLR)-The search for a missing Colorado girl comes to Missouri.  Jessica Ridgeway, 10, of Westminster, CO, north of Denver, disappeared on her way to school Friday.  Jessica’s father and great-grandmother live in Independence, MO.  Authorities searched their home.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012, 12:49:19 PM »

http://www.770kob.com/abc_news/article/Jessica_Ridgeway:_Colorado_Police_Desperate_For_Leads_in_Disappearance_of_10-Year-Old/733AC68E109911E2919EFEFDADE6840A/

Jessica Ridgeway: Colorado Police Desperate For Leads in Disappearance of 10-Year-Old
9:30AM October 7, 2012

(WESTMINSTER, Colo.) -- Authorities in Colorado are reviewing recent phone calls and social media clues in the disappearance of a 10-year-old girl.

Jessica Ridgeway left home at 8:30 a.m. on Friday to walk three blocks from her Westminster, Colo., home to meet friends for the walk to school. It was a route she took every day, but this time she never got there.

On Saturday, an army of eight hundred volunteers scoured trails and hillsides near Jessica's home.

"Right now they're just asking us to find anything that's out of the ordinary, any kind of evidence we could find," said volunteer Monty Yanker.

Police officers and FBI agents manned road blocks, asking drivers if they had seen or heard anything out of the ordinary.

Officers also canvassed neighborhoods, but the day yielded few leads.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2012, 01:25:56 PM »

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/19757521/search-for-missing-colorado-girl-moves-into-mo

Search for missing Colorado girl moves into Mo.
Posted: Oct 07, 2012 11:49 AM CDT Updated: Oct 07, 2012 11:58 AM CDT

INDEPENDENCE, MO (KFVS/CNN) - Police are following any and every lead in the search for missing Denver girl, Jessica Ridgeway.

The search for the girl even made its way to Independence, Missouri, where the girl's father and great grandmother live together.

Her grandmother says authorities searched the house, and that Jessica's father is devastated.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2012, 01:56:33 PM »

http://**/news/ci_21719827/search-missing-westminster-10-year-old-girl-continues

Police sorting through 100 tips in Westminster girl's disappearance
Posted:   10/07/2012 10:14:08 AM MDT
October 7, 2012 5:20 PM GMTUpdated:   10/07/2012 11:20:11 AM MDT

"There is nothing that has really broken it open but we are getting a lot of information we just have to sort through it and see where it is going," Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso said.
Police haven't called for volunteers today, as police will use a fresh team of four Larimer County Search and Rescue bloodhounds.

"We only have small areas that we want to take a look at," Materasso said.

Jessica's mother, a night shift worker, told police she last saw her walking toward school Friday morning. She reported the girl missing later in the afternoon when she woke to find a phone message saying Jessica hadn't arrived at Witt Elementary.

No evidence points to any family involvement, Materasso said. Jessica's father attended a child-custody hearing in a Missouri courtroom on Friday and police don't believe the custody issue is related to her disappearance.

"We don't have any real focus or attention on any individual," Materasso said.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2012, 04:09:01 PM »

https://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

56s Westminster Police Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD

The PIOs will fully brief the media when we have investigated the lead #jessicaridgeway
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

1m Westminster Police Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD

We are working on a developing lead. We ask the media to stay out of the area so we can use the tracking dogs. #jessicaridgeway
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

11m Westminster Police Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD

We will have updated information and be available for interviews at the police department today at 4:00pm. #jessicaridgeway
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

3h Westminster Police Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD

You will continue to see police activity near the home of #jessicaridgeway today. A new team of bloodhounds is out
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

7h Westminster Police Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD

No volunteers needed Sunday morning, will tweet a request if needed @WestminsterPD #jessicaridgeway
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2012, 04:10:55 PM »

Police scanner:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=53
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2012, 04:33:48 PM »

https://twitter.com/abuvthefold

John Aguilar
@abuvthefold
Reporter at Boulder Daily Camera, covering the underbelly and back alleys
Boulder, Colo.

John Aguilar ‏@abuvthefold
#jessicaridgeway BREAKING Cops responding to report of childs backpack found in Superior w watter bottle w Jessica Ridgeways name on it.
Collapse   Reply  Retweet  Favorite
1:23 PM - 7 Oct 12 · Details

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2012, 04:39:42 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/#!/search/?q=%23jessicaridgeway&src=hash

3m John Aguilar ‏@abuvthefold
Scene at Andrew and Christensen in #superiorco Cops investigating major lead in #jessicaridgeway case. http://pic.twitter.com/otUQAl4C
 View photo   Reply  Retweet  Favorite

4m Daily Camera ‏@dailycamera
#JessicaRidgeway search: Hunt for missing Westminster girl shifts to Superior http://bit.ly/Uw877B via @abuvthefold
Expand   Reply  Retweet  Favorite

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2012, 04:44:48 PM »

http://**/superior-news/ci_21719734/jessica-ridgeway-search-hunt-missing-westminster-girl-shifts

Jessica Ridgeway search: Hunt for missing Westminster girl shifts to Superior
By John Aguilar, Camera Staff Writer
Posted:   10/07/2012 02:12:30 PM MDT
Updated:   10/07/2012 02:28:40 PM MDT

A Superior resident e-mailed the town's listserv shortly after 1 p.m. today with the message: "Found this morning on the side walk at Andrew Drive and Alpha Court. Water bottle has 'Jessica Ridgeway' name on it. Come and get it."

Law enforcement officials confirmed the message about the bottle has been passed along to the Ridgeway search team, and police have now closed roads around that area to all non-residents.

On Twitter, Westerminster police officials this afternoon said they are "working on a developing lead" and have asked the media to stay out of the area while they use tracking dogs.

Westminster police have asked the press to meet their spokesperson in the parking lot of the Target store at U.S. 36 and McCaslin Boulevard in Superior. A press briefing is expected at 4 p.m.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.