May 22, 2024, 01:47:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #6 11/4/10 - 11/11/10  (Read 190957 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2010, 10:24:15 AM »

Search continues in western N.C. for missing (with video)

CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. -- The search continued for missing Zahra Baker on Thursday as they continued to comb through the area her prosthetic leg was found in.

http://www2.wnct.com/news/2010/nov/05/search-continues-western-nc-missing-girl-ar-513711/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2010, 10:25:19 AM »

Missing Hickory girl's mom thinks daughter is dead

SYDNEY — The Australian mother of a 10-year-old girl who was reported missing from her North Carolina home nearly a month ago said through tears Friday that she believes her daughter is dead.

Emily Dietrich, whose daughter Zahra Baker was living in Hickory with her father and stepmother, said she has little hope of seeing Zahra alive again.

"I don't feel it," she told Australia's Seven Network in her first interview since the girl's disappearance. "I reckon that mothers just have this bond with their children."

Zahra's father, Adam Baker, reported her missing Oct. 9. Authorities have said they believe the girl is dead. No one has been charged in her disappearance.

Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, has been jailed on an obstruction of justice charge since the weekend Zahra disappeared. Police said she admitted writing a fake ransom note found at the scene of a fire in the family's backyard the same day Zahra was reported missing.

"I never got to say goodbye," Dietrich said of her daughter, who relies on hearing aids and a prosthetic leg because of bone cancer.

Dietrich said she suffered postnatal depression after Zahra's birth and handed over custody to Adam Baker. Later, though, she decided she wanted to be in the girl's life and spent years trying to track the pair. However, every time she found Baker, she said, he would disappear.

Using the Internet, she discovered he was living in the U.S. Just three days later, she said, Zahra was reported missing.

"Why would it happen that I would find her and three days later this would happen?" she said, sobbing.

On Monday, Hickory police said they had confirmed that a prosthetic leg found at a home where Elisa Baker once lived was Zahra's.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/8574197/
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2010, 10:35:55 AM »

Here is youtube link for Zahra's mom Emily Dietrich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Atagb_9oyU

Thank you!
Zahra's mom is very pretty, Zahra favored her a lot.
I feel so bad for this poor mother, my prayers are with her.
I do not think it is a co-inky dink that she found Zahra just days before the child went missing.

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2010, 11:08:42 AM »

Zahra's biological mother speaks out to Australian press (with video)

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/top_stories/632380/zahra-s-biological-mother-speaks-out-to-australian-press
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2010, 11:09:52 AM »

NANCY GRACE
Stepmother Reportedly Wrote She Found Zahra Dead
Aired November 4, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Straight out to Natisha Lance standing by in Hudson, North Carolina, at the search site. Natisha, number one, the search is entering into day two in the hopes of finding another one of Zahra`s bones. And more jailhouse letters have now surfaced. What have we learned?

NATISHA LANCE, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, Nancy, I spoke to a cousin of Elisa Baker just before we went to air, and she says family members have received at least four letters from Elisa Baker behind bars. Now, in this letter, she says that she is worried about Zahra. She also says that they did not kill Zahra. And she continues to say that she is behind bars because of Adam Baker. But in another letter that was written to another family member, Elisa Baker allegedly says that Zahra Baker -- she found Zahra Baker dead and that Zahra had been sick for quite some time.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1011/04/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2010, 11:11:01 AM »

I am just speculating here but am thinking that maybe it is Zahra's leg that was amputated. This case just seems to get worse and worse.

Lenie, this is the thought I had.  I also wonder if it would be obvious from the appearance of a bone whether you can tell if the person had bone cancer?

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Roxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2010, 11:13:30 AM »

I wonder if more charges could be coming from Australia. If Adam Baker caused harm to his daughter.

http://www.courts.sa.gov.au/courts/youth/index.html

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2010, 11:20:16 AM »

CBB, would you post your new image of Zahra with God's hand in this thread, too?  It is so beautiful!

I love this song even though everytime I hear it I cry. These are the Lyrics to the song

The Little Girl by John Michael Montgomery

Her parents never took the young girl to church
Never spoke of His name
Never read her His word
Two non-believers walking lost in this world
Took their baby with them
What a sad little girl

Her daddy drank all day and mommy did drugs
Never wanted to play
Or give kisses and hugs
She'd watch the TV and sit there on the couch
While her mom fell asleep
And her daddy went out

And the drinking and the fighting
just got worse every night
Behind their couch she'd be hiding
Oh what a sad little life
And like it always does, the bad just got worse
With every slap and every curse
Until her daddy in a drunk rage one night
Used a gun on her mom and then took his life

And some people from the city took the girl far away
To a new mom and a new dad
kisses and hugs everyday
Her first day of Sunday school the teacher walked in
And a small little girl
Stared at a picture of Him

She said I know that man up there on that cross
I don't know His name
But I know He got off
Cause He was there in my old house
and held me close to His side
As I hid there behind our couch
The night that my parents died

I cry every time I hear this song..... but right now I don't even need a song... just thinking of what has happened to Zahra makes me sob..... 

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2010, 11:23:54 AM »

Did anyone else notice that mom is the only family member that has actually cried for Zahra.

Yes. And I agree that Zahra looks like her mom. How sad she couldn't have just been returned to her. she would still be alive and happy.

Yes Zahra does look like her mom.  No denying that is her real mom.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2010, 11:35:03 AM »

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

Officials release details about bone found during Zahra search
Posted: Oct 09, 2010 7:05 PM PDT Updated: Nov 05, 2010 5:46 AM PDT

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Authorities are now talking about the bone that was found during the recent search for a missing 10-year-old girl.

The search on Wednesday turned up a bone that might be related to the case of Zahra Baker, who has been missing since Oct. 9. Officials now say that the bone, found near Christie Road in Caldwell County where the girl's prosthetic leg was found last week, now say that the bone is not a fragment.

Investigators say that the bone is not a small piece and is not a chip of a bone, but seems to be a complete bone. Meanwhile, that bone is being sent to the NC State Bureau of Investigation lab where tests should begin today.

Tests on the bone are not DNA, officials have said.  Once that examination is complete and if it is determined to be related to this case, it will be sent to the NC Medical Examiner's Office lab in Chapel Hill for further testing.

Results from the SBI lab may not come through until Monday or Tuesday.

Thursday, search crews were back out at the Christie Road search area in Caldwell County, more than a week since a prosthetic leg was found belonging to a missing 10-year-old girl. Wednesday, searchers returned to that same area to drain a pond and look for more clues related to her 3 week disappearance. The bone was found in that area, officials announced on Wednesday afternoon.

About 2 dozen people were searching off Christie Road in Caldwell County looking for anything related Zahra Baker, whose stepmother, Elisa, is still being held in jail. Near noon on Wednesday, crews with a pump arrived and began draining a pond in that area. The bone was not found in the pond, which was drained later on Wednesday.

Bone discovery comes just hours after WBTV came into possession of some letters that were allegedly written by Elisa Baker. The letters were allegedly written to someone at a web site that began a letter-writing relationship with Baker since she has been in jail. (Click here to read the letters and learn more about them)

The search off Christie Road, which is closed to traffic, involves a "line search" where crews walk in a line about 15 feet about through woods checking for anything that looks suspicious.

Earlier this week, the owner of the Baker home in Hickory is evicted Adam Baker, the father of the missing 10-year-old, WBTV has learned.

According to reports, Baker, who was briefly jailed last week on un-related charges, has spent about the last two and a half weeks with relatives.  Investigators have ripped out parts of the floor, walls, ceiling, and plumbing during their search for evidence in the house.

On Monday, investigators confirmed that the prosthetic leg discovered last Wednesday off Christie Road in Caldwell County is, in fact, the one belonging to  Zahra Baker.

Hickory Police Department said on Monday that medical records obtained from Australia, where the prosthetic leg was originally fitted, matched the serial number on the leg.  A scanner was used to extract the serial number from a transponder placed inside the prosthesis, which was used as Zahra's left leg.   

Also on Monday, Elisa Baker, the stepmother of Zahra Baker, was indicted by a Catawba County Grand Jury on an obstruction of justice charge related to the investigation of the missing girl.

As she was being indicted in one county, Elisa Baker appeared in court in Burke County on Monday afternoon to face a felony larceny charge unrelated the 10-year-old girl's disappearance.  No evidence was presented in that case and it was continued until Dec. 6 when Baker will have to be back in Burke County Court.

NANCY GRACE
Stepmother Reportedly Wrote She Found Zahra Dead
Aired November 4, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

NANCY GRACE, HOST: To Dr. Marty Makary, physician, professor of public health, Johns Hopkins, joining us tonight out of Chicago. Dr. Marty, if you looked at, for instance, a dog bone, wouldn`t you know immediately that it`s not a human bone?

DR. MARTY MAKARY, PHYSICIAN, JOHNS HOPKINS: You would know immediately, unless it were a small fragment. But bones are very unique, and a child`s bone is unique because the growth plate hasn`t formed.  And there are certain characteristics where a lot of it`s cartilage, and you can tell it`s the bone of a child. You know, it`s got rings so you can look at it like a tree and tell what the age is.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1011/04/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Serenity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2010, 11:36:39 AM »

The statement that Emily,Zahra's mom said will forever make an impact on me.I noticed this in only one statement and then left out of others...WHY??? I don't know.She said "she found me to find her and I like to believe that she was already gone when I found her,and she found me to tell her story and to find her and put her to rest.." Yes ,Emily that is exactly true,you are her Mom and she wanted to find you for those reasons you can be sure..She loves you and knows that you tried to do the right thing when you were ill.But evil took over Adam,even before Elisa, because he kept her from you..There was no reason for him to do that..Then evil just escalated until Zahra could not take anymore..And God took her home..
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2010, 11:37:02 AM »

I've been feeling VERY anxious and sick to my stomache when thinking about Zahra today.  I hope that means that answers are coming soon...
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2010, 12:12:18 PM »

<snipped>

Since Adam Baker  gave the Australian government a former last name for Emily when applying for Zahra’s passport, thereby causing the Australian bureaucracy to fail to locate “Emily Dietrich”, and resulting in the issuance of the passport without Emily’s approval based on not being able to locate her, when Emily found Zahra it may have been the impetus for the Bakers to report Zahra missing.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/11/05/zahra-baker-case-search-continues-on-christie-road/#comment-88716
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2010, 12:17:06 PM »

Adam's mother must be a piece of work too, to keep Zahra hidden from her bio-mom all these years.
When do they plan to lock his fat azz up already?

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
crazybabyborg
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2010, 12:20:15 PM »

Adam's mother must be a piece of work too, to keep Zahra hidden from her bio-mom all these years.

Well said, Curly!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2010, 12:33:15 PM »

Ma Baker said she would get answers from Adam. Her and Youngen Baker have been in NC for two weeks now and are in their hidey hole.  Where are the answers?  Why has she not gone on TV screaming and demanding anyone who knows anything to call police.  She has time to be on FB with her Pro-Baker clan slamming anyone voicing support for Emily and slamming anyone saying a bad word against her spawn, yet where is Zahra? where are the answers? It is time that the adults do the right thing and remember Zahra in all this. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2010, 12:35:08 PM »

Ma Baker said she would get answers from Adam. Her and Youngen Baker have been in NC for two weeks now and are in their hidey hole.  Where are the answers?  Why has she not gone on TV screaming and demanding anyone who knows anything to call police.  She has time to be on FB with her Pro-Baker clan slamming anyone voicing support for Emily and slamming anyone saying a bad word against her spawn, yet where is Zahra? where are the answers? It is time that the adults do the right thing and remember Zahra in all this. 
I kept saying to myself there will never be another Cindy Anthony, again I was wrong 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2010, 12:40:11 PM »

SBI runs DNA test on bone as search continues

HUDSON --
More than 40 law enforcement officers lined up along Pine Mountain Road at about 9:15 a.m. Thursday morning to continue their search for Zahra Baker.

They stood close enough together that if they’d stretched out their arms they could have touched the fingertips of the officers on their right and left. They carried poles, sticks and machetes and moved branches and grass aside as they searched the ground and moved into the underbrush in the direction of Christie Road.

The officers spent the day searching the area where a bone was found Wednesday. Investigators believe the bone may be human, but those suspicions have not been confirmed.

“Obviously, we believe it may be (a human bone) because we have had people tell us it is consistent with a human bone, but we have no confirmation on that,” said Capt. Thurman Whisnant of the Hickory Police Department.

The bone was delivered to SBI lab Thursday to collect a DNA profile. It takes longer for the medical examiner to examine the bone than it does for the SBI lab to collect material for DNA. By delivering the bone to the SBI office first, the profile can be completed while the ME’s office conducts a separate set of tests, Whisnant said.

The bone was found in the same general area where investigators found Zahra’s prosthetic leg on Oct. 26.

Whisnant confirmed that investigators are aware that a pair of letters purportedly written from jail by Zahra’s stepmother has been leaked to the press.

One of the letters states that her stepdaughter, Zahra, is dead and that her husband, Adam Baker, did something “horrifying” after her death.

“We didn’t really kill her but what he did after the fact is kinda horrifying,” says one of the letters Eric Gein claims he got from Elisa Baker, who is in jail. “Makes me scared of him.”

Gein, who lives in Jacksonville, Fla., and owns SerialKillersInk.net, has put the letters up for sale for $1,250 each. He says he believes that the letters are real.

“We are checking into the validity of the letters, but right now our biggest priority is the continuation of our search efforts,” Whisnant said. “We’re working very methodically to put everything in the right order and establish a timeline as the investigation continues.”

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/05/sbi-runs-dna-test-bone-search-continues-ar-512244/.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2010, 12:43:19 PM »

The Hidey Hole

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2010, 12:45:56 PM »

The Hidey Hole

That rat is too thin   Just saying  Monkey Devil!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.