May 14, 2024, 10:00:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 192673 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #700 on: January 25, 2009, 08:48:53 PM »

Do we have anyone who has dealt with drug addicts? specifically heroin
? My best friends granddaughter has been on heroin for about 6 months....she refuses to go into rehab...she has 2 small children. MY friend, who has been unknowingly supporting her habit (she financially supports the granddaughter and 2 children)is at her wits ends. Her granddaughter tells her she has stopped....she is supposedly taking some kind of drug treatment....not methadone, but something similar. I don't believe the girl has stopped. Is there any way to tell other than a drug test?  The granddaughter has lost about 50 lbs in the past 6 months and I think DCF is going to get involved soon. 

Sunny two things:

1.  it means that you have no strikes against you at all

2.  Why don't you post this in the prayer thread, maybe someone that reads there and not here will know something about heroin.

#1. Whew, wiping my brow 
#2 good  idea...I'll do that
Thank you

There's a Dr. who has a commercial on Fox News Cable, I think or Nancy Grace, no think it's Fox who runs an addiction rehab in Malibu where all the stars go, so I have heard. He has a book out on addiction. Will turn on the TV and try to find it. My additions are SM and clutter.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #701 on: January 25, 2009, 09:03:57 PM »

So glad you're here IBE, we've all been worried about you!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #702 on: January 25, 2009, 09:21:08 PM »

Hi Deenie....I wanted to ask you about what you want to be posted in your new thread..I couldn't figure it out and I didn't want to post any videos until I had a chance to ask you...are you looking for personal favorites or songs that have memories attached or songs from long ago..etc

Let me know...you know how much I don't like to be off topic 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #703 on: January 25, 2009, 09:28:11 PM »

IBE.... so glad to see you are doing alright!!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
dottie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #704 on: January 25, 2009, 09:44:31 PM »

Sunny,  My experience with addiction not heroin is alcohol, benzos and opiates (although herion is a form of opiate..it turns to morphine in the liver).  1) If not monitored very carefully methodone or subutex (both of which  my son took and both highly addictive as well) can be very dangerous.  2)Heroin addiction is extremely hard to over come outside of an inpatient treatment program.  Withdrawal from Heroin is so painful that addicts continue to use.  Withdrawal can also result in death if not monitored carefully by trained professionals.  3)  Before entering a rehab (unless the are equiped with a detox unit) they would need to go through a medically monitored detox.  4) DCF needs to be involved !! She is putting those children at risk every day.  5) Having DCF may be what she needs to hit her "Rock bottom".Most addicts will not go for help unless they hit  rock bottom and unfortuntally rock bottom for many is death.  6)  I strongly encourage your friend to go to al-anon (available in every community) for support and help for her family.  7) She cannot go on the word of the addict that she is not using...addicts lie period!  If she is not using she should be accepting of drug testing..if not go to the authorities.  It will probably be the hardest thing she has ever done in her life but she has to know that she could be saving her life and that of her children.

God Bless her it is a long hard road but there is help and recovery!

Interesting tidbit about Heroin:  In the early 1900 Bayer marketed Herion as a substitue for morphine addiction and it was used in cough medicine for children.  Hugh mistake for BAYER.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #705 on: January 25, 2009, 09:48:47 PM »

THANKS IBE for checking in!! Now, you've made my day!!!!

SAM? I see you lurking! Are you reading here??

You and IBE were the two that came to mind that were still on their 4th of July avis. IBE got hers last night, and I just wanted to be sure you knew where yours was, should you want it. It's confused a few of the long time posters because normally I put the latest Holiday list in my signature line, and now it's the thread for any undressed monkey for new posters. I've gotten e-mails about it, but there's been so many new posters, that it seemed like a nice thing to do to keep a collection if they should need one. Anyway, here's yours, if you want it.   

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Valentine%20Avatar/Sam.gif
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 09:57:00 PM by CBB » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #706 on: January 25, 2009, 10:07:36 PM »

I just read my last post, and wanted to be sure no one felt left out!! 

I'll be happy to decorate anyone's avatar for Valentine's Day or any other Holiday. Didn't want to exclude any monkeys!! You'll find all the avatar help you need by going to the Monkey Lounge.   
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #707 on: January 25, 2009, 10:20:01 PM »

It's good to "see" you IBE.  Thanks for all the valuable information.  I'll be sure to pass it on.  They're going to be fine insurance wise.  We made a few call s this morning and things are already rolling for them.  I'm just afraid there isn't going to be much I can salvage for them.

Sunny sorry to hear about your friends grandaughters addiction.  They'll all be in my prayers.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: January 26, 2009, 12:00:38 AM »

Do you think we can get ROBOTS back? I miss him.
I miss ROBOTS and CARPE. Terribly.

Carpe just in the last couple days posted some on the front page of SM. 
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #709 on: January 26, 2009, 12:11:01 AM »

Thanks... oh goody.. Carpe!!

Always1 do you like WWI music? here's a great site for all the history, songs, video

http://www.firstworldwar.com

I found this site last week because the girlfriend who died and I would sing lots of songs. She knew most of the words.

I sang two lines at the memorial and explained why to them.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #710 on: January 26, 2009, 12:28:06 AM »

http://www.firstworldwar.com/audio/itsalongwaytotipperary.htm

They have all the original recordings here, photos, papers and speeches!

This is the song. I just sang two lines... basically I am shy unless among friends.   

Click on each year. We didn't get into the war until late.

It also has the story of the poppies there. The American Legion Auxiliary has their poppies made by the hospitalized Vets that we pay every May and then give them away and hopefull get donations that are required by us to put back to the Veteran projects and education for the community and nothing else.

Taking a break... still hurt a little. Will see Dr. tomorrow even if no pain, just for a paper trail. Whiplashes can act up anytime.

When the boys came back from WWI, the ladies gave them real poppies from the gardens. The silk ones were made but too expensive and now these.

Anyone know a good site for WWII songs?

My grandfather was from the Indiana Inf. who became a Marine in the Spanish American War and rode with Teddy R. Rough Riders. I have his ribbon that says the inf. number, something else and a brass or gold coin like thing that says remember the Maine. Still have his sword. All in storage.

Teddy R. took men who were over 6 feet tall on the ships to the Philippines et al so they would look and be much taller than those residents, part of his policy of walk softly and carry a big stick, so I am told.

We used to learn lots of songs and dances in grade school about American and other countries. Some schools still do some of it. We even had a choice between Bible school or wait in the library. Fish on Fridays, although a public school in Indiana.

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #711 on: January 26, 2009, 11:20:33 AM »

HI IBE,

I hope you are soon feeling up to par.
My dear mother in law died of the same type of cirrhosis you have as well as a sister in law. Neither drank.

We all miss Carpe and Robots. We miss lots of others as well. Glad to know that Carpe is at least still alive since he seemed to just stop posting.

I do not post as often anymore. Vista sucks.

CBB thanks so much for my valentine avatar. I have looked and looked for it on my computer. I have used it at BFN year round but seldom go there and do not know if I would be able to capture it or not. I am going to try to use yours right now. I did manage to change from my Christmas one to the flag one. Anyway thanks again.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #712 on: January 26, 2009, 11:42:57 AM »

Yeah ! CBB ,

it worked . My old brain does not work as well as it used to. the one I used at BFN is a heart around the kitty. I do not know if you or Klaas made it now. I think it was you. I think Klaas made my Christmas one which I do have saved.

Anyway thanks again

Sam

Just a swinging with the tribe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: January 26, 2009, 12:46:47 PM »

Hi Sam!  I'm glad to see you 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #714 on: January 26, 2009, 12:53:31 PM »

WooHoo!  Look at what we just rented for my granddaughter's party this weekend! They are going to have a blast! We've rented from this place many times but this was something new. The one we rented is not on their site yet, it's just a little shorter than this one!! I won't be on it; the last fun jump we had I sprained my ankle & was on crutches for 3 weeks! www.funtimeevents.com

« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 01:31:08 PM by klaasend » Logged

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #715 on: January 26, 2009, 12:54:35 PM »

CRAP THAT'S A BIG PICTURE!!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: January 26, 2009, 12:56:52 PM »

ROFL    It looks like BIG FUN too!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #717 on: January 26, 2009, 01:30:50 PM »

HI IBE,

I hope you are soon feeling up to par.
My dear mother in law died of the same type of cirrhosis you have as well as a sister in law. Neither drank.

We all miss Carpe and Robots. We miss lots of others as well. Glad to know that Carpe is at least still alive since he seemed to just stop posting.

I do not post as often anymore. Vista sucks.

CBB thanks so much for my valentine avatar. I have looked and looked for it on my computer. I have used it at BFN year round but seldom go there and do not know if I would be able to capture it or not. I am going to try to use yours right now. I did manage to change from my Christmas one to the flag one. Anyway thanks again.

Sam! I'm sorry you had to search for it so hard. The Holiday lists are still in the Lounge, and I know it's a little confusing to some posters who are used to the link in my signature line. Maybe I'll play with it, and add the link, if I can keep it small enough. I've gotten e-mails from other monkeys too.  We're trying to keep avatar discussion away from the case discussion threads, so it's kind of hard to deliver sometimes. Anyway, glad you found it, Sam!! Happy Valentine's Day!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #718 on: January 26, 2009, 01:32:23 PM »

That looks like a GREAT BIG good time, Monken!!! 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: January 26, 2009, 01:32:51 PM »

I fixed it for you, LOL

I've never seen one of those things so large, it really looks like fun!  They will have a blast!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.