May 21, 2024, 08:24:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #26 3/9/09 - 3/14/09  (Read 108554 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #240 on: March 10, 2009, 03:10:03 AM »

sure!

ok...   long story short -- a stylist over bleached/over permed my hair, causing it to fall out and thin out a lot on the top .  I stopped going to her about a year ago and on the advice of another stylist, stopped doing any color, just wash and let air dry.  But it's been nearly a year now, I have several inches of new growth, but the hair on the top is not thickening back up.  

Do you think it's permanently damaged or will it eventually thicken back up ?    

Have you tried Nioxin? It's a product line for thinning hair.  bleach and perms do not mix!!!! Are you using any reconstructors/deep conditioners?
Hi, I am going to jump in here. The Nioxin really does work. I started using it about 4 years ago. Stopped the hair from falling out and am back to normal hair thickness. It really is some good stuff

Hi GE!! 

Doodle and GE? I've never heard of it. Where do you get it, or is it an ingredient in various products?
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: March 10, 2009, 03:10:42 AM »

sure!

ok...   long story short -- a stylist over bleached/over permed my hair, causing it to fall out and thin out a lot on the top .  I stopped going to her about a year ago and on the advice of another stylist, stopped doing any color, just wash and let air dry.  But it's been nearly a year now, I have several inches of new growth, but the hair on the top is not thickening back up.  

Have you tried Nioxin? It's a product line for thinning hair.  bleach and perms do not mix!!!! Are you using any reconstructors/deep conditioners?

She bleaches & perms at the same appointment, says it's fine.  I think she permed me twice that year on the same day she colored me -- and the coloring was double because she would do all over med. brown so as to cover the gray, then go back and highlight with blonde.   And when I asked for a root touch up the first time after I first started going to her, she said no, I have to start from scratch and do the whole coloring process all over.  So that was done about every 2 months.  I did question her a couple of times about that and she assured me it was fine so I thought well what do I know.

I don't know what Nioxin is, I'll have to find that, and don't know what a reconstructor is.  The second stylist told me to go to the beauty supply store and ask for Loreal deep conditioner and also Protein.  She said mix the protein into the conditioner and let it sit for about 15 min every time I wash my hair, and so that's what I've been doing.  Haven't been back in a salon for almost a year -- I let my husband cut the ends of my hair ! 

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #242 on: March 10, 2009, 03:11:15 AM »

I've used Redken products for years, so I don't even know what's out there....   
MonkeyDoodle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #243 on: March 10, 2009, 03:12:45 AM »

sure!

She bleaches & perms at the same appointment, says it's fine.  I think she permed me twice that year on the same day she colored me -- and the coloring was double because she would do all over med. brown so as to cover the gray, then go back and highlight with blonde.   And when I asked for a root touch up the first time after I first started going to her, she said no, I have to start from scratch and do the whole coloring process all over.  So that was done about every 2 months.  I did question her a couple of times about that and she assured me it was fine so I thought well what do I know.

I don't know what Nioxin is, I'll have to find that, and don't know what a reconstructor is.  The second stylist told me to go to the beauty supply store and ask for Loreal deep conditioner and also Protein.  She said mix the protein into the conditioner and let it sit for about 15 min every time I wash my hair, and so that's what I've been doing.  Haven't been back in a salon for almost a year -- I let my husband cut the ends of my hair ! 

peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #244 on: March 10, 2009, 03:14:38 AM »

me neither, i use aveeda. and i dont do color cause my hairs too dark, so im clueless there too. *zips it*

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
MonkeyDoodle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #245 on: March 10, 2009, 03:15:40 AM »

Go to a beauty supply store and ask for Nioxin they should be able to show u what to get Do not EVER get bleach and a perm EVER!!!!! and Do get a recontructor!!!!
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2009, 03:16:52 AM »

sure!

You're scaring me MD.  I can't think of a time you were ever speechless.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #247 on: March 10, 2009, 03:16:54 AM »

Bud's? I have a "streak" of gray like Cruella............ swear! it started when was about 35 and my stylist used a brush to "paint" it out, and now that my temples are beginning to gray, I buy that Clairol root touch up between colorings. It works fine for me as long as you only use it once between the colorings. More than that makes the color look dull.
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #248 on: March 10, 2009, 03:16:59 AM »

me neither, i use aveeda. and i dont do color cause my hairs too dark, so im clueless there too. *zips it*

well I'm kinda *gigglesnort* old      but I ain't gonna be gray so I have to color ... well right now I'm half & half, gray on top where the color has grown out, still colored on bottom -- looks really good   

crazybabyborg
« Reply #249 on: March 10, 2009, 03:18:56 AM »

I've used Aveeda before! I liked it!
MonkeyDoodle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #250 on: March 10, 2009, 03:18:59 AM »

Ive never been in more shock!!! lol

I do believe Nioxin has a reconstructor actually called Reconstructive Masque I think... I would check that out too
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: March 10, 2009, 03:19:19 AM »

Go to a beauty supply store and ask for Nioxin they should be able to show u what to get Do not EVER get bleach and a perm EVER!!!!! and Do get a recontructor!!!!

ok, going in the morning, thank you !!  I've been too scared to even talk to another stylist !! 

I wonder what the he!! is wrong with that girl, she owns that salon.   

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #252 on: March 10, 2009, 03:20:08 AM »

well I'm kinda *gigglesnort* old      but I ain't gonna be gray so I have to color ... well right now I'm half & half, gray on top where the color has grown out, still colored on bottom -- looks really good   

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #253 on: March 10, 2009, 03:20:44 AM »

sure!

You can find it some beauty supply stores and most Wal Marts sale it. They have shampoo and scalp conditioner plus a couple other things. When I was working with kids the girls use to like to play with my hair as it was almost to my waist, they would braid it and add flowers. I ended up with fungus from the flowers some how. You have to use it like every day for the first week or two. Then normally after that. I use it about twice a week now.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #254 on: March 10, 2009, 03:22:07 AM »

sure!

You're scaring me MD.  I can't think of a time you were ever speechless.

... my hand reached up to pat the top of my poor head when I saw her shocked faces.       

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #255 on: March 10, 2009, 03:22:59 AM »

sure!

You can find it some beauty supply stores and most Wal Marts sale it. They have shampoo and scalp conditioner plus a couple other things. When I was working with kids the girls use to like to play with my hair as it was almost to my waist, they would braid it and add flowers. I ended up with fungus from the flowers some how. You have to use it like every day for the first week or two. Then normally after that. I use it about twice a week now.

Now I am in shock!!!  For real, GE?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #256 on: March 10, 2009, 03:23:29 AM »

I'm with you! As long as there is a bottle that will cure gray, I'm not ever going there!   

I gave up my cleaning lady, my manicures, my pedicures, and learned to touch the roots up myself, but I STILL go to the same stylist for cut and color. I just wait twice as long to make the appointment, and I can't tip quite as well. 
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: March 10, 2009, 03:24:03 AM »

Ive never been in more shock!!! lol

I do believe Nioxin has a reconstructor actually called Reconstructive Masque I think... I would check that out too

ok, I'll do that. 

peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #258 on: March 10, 2009, 03:24:35 AM »

aw no, thats not what i meant! i wouldnt do anything in terms of color to the top of yours, but how about some temp wash in color on the bottom to make it a bit more uniform?

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #259 on: March 10, 2009, 03:25:28 AM »

sure!

Now I am in shock!!!  For real, GE?
FOR REAL KCJACKIE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.