May 17, 2024, 11:00:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 Year Old Victoria “Tori” Stafford Missing Since 4/8/09 in Ontario, Canada  (Read 371357 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 11:09:34 AM »

Are they seeking an award for The most unreported case of an abducted child ?

This is absurd.. she could be anywhere in the world by now. Sold like a slave.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 12:49:20 PM »

My local channel, City T. V. will be airing a press conference at 1:00 p.m.
Apparently Victoria's Mother will speak.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 01:33:55 PM »

Mother thanked the community for their support.  Also thanked an unknown. person who left a tree on the front lawn decorated with a ladder, stuffed animals, butterflies and a pic. of Tori. The little boy went out to the front lawn to play, noticed it and told Mom. 
She made a plea for the one/s that have her daughter to please bring her home.
They announced a ride taking place on May 2nd, called Tori's ride home - for charity - already have 400 bikers. An account will be set up to assist the family.
There is already an account set up - some of it in trust for the children.  Spokesperson said it is all legal.
There will also be a barbeque on May 2nd.
Mother asked how she felt about Tori not being home by May 2nd, since May 2nd seemed far away .  Mother said she hoped Tori would be home by then and take part in the celebration ( barbeque).
Mother was asked if she was interviewed by the police on Friday and she said no.
Asked what she thought happened and said she assumed she was with the person who took her from the school, or with someone/s that person may have taken her to.
Asked how she thought Tori would be and she said she would be giving them a hard time, she is a Mommy's girl and she would definitely be making noise, being a little hellion.
The appeal for funds was to help the fam. keep their home phone going, in case Tori calls home. 
That's about all I remember.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 01:54:09 PM »

OMG !!

This is an emergency and all of Canada should be on High Alert.
Instead they are planning barbecues and the police have other things to besides finding this child.
This is a nightmare.. Mom is ignorant. Her child is being abused. Not just by the crimminals but by the system.
jmho
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2009, 02:43:42 PM »

Hi Edward,
I agree this is a terrible situation.
The press conference I mentioned was not called by the police, but by the Mother.  As far as I know the police have nothing to do with the barbeque and motorcycle drive for Tori.

I haven't seen or read a single thing mentioning if the woman in the video picked Tori up from the school or as Tori was walking on her way home.  At what point did this woman first encounter Tori.
Was she seen at the school by other parents picking up their children.  Did any teachers or other children see Tori with this mystery woman? 
Did the police do interviews in a timely manner with parents, yeachers and students?  I think not. MO.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 02:53:22 PM »

Other adults had seen this woman in passing and police have just hours to extract that info from witnesses who did see her. Past that time people will have memory loss and you will get all kinds of descriptions of her looks..

This little girl is in BIG trouble..
I know Canada is different then the United States.. But this stinks. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 04:09:11 PM »

Mother pleads with Tori's abductor to let child go
Police appeal for more help from public
Last Updated: Monday, April 20, 2009 | 1:36 PM ET
The mother of Victoria Stafford made another emotional plea on Monday afternoon to whoever has abducted her daughter: let the girl go free.

"If you have my child, please just bring her home," said Tara McDonald. "You cannot imagine how we are feeling and we are missing her so much that it hurts. Look into your soul and find the compassion to please just let her go and let her come home."

A weekend of intensified searching failed to turn up any new leads concerning the abduction of eight-year-old Tori, as she is called by her friends and family. She disappeared April 8 while walking home from school in Woodstock, Ont.

On Sunday police searched Pittock Lake in the north end of the city.

Provincial police divers and a boat using sonar equipment scoured the lake.

In addition to the search of waterways, 35 police officers did another sweep of swamp land and bush just a few kilometres from Tori's public school.

Police have now received more than 1,000 tips from the public.

But Const. Laurie-Anne Maitland said they want more help, especially tips that could identify the woman that Tori is seen walking with in a surveillance video.

"We're confident somebody has information and we're hoping that despite how small it may seem to them — or how insignificant — that they're going to come forward and share it, even if they think we already have it," said Maitland.

Police said the search for Tori Stafford will continue to focus on the city of Woodstock, where most of the evidence is pointing.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2009/04/20/victoria-stafford.html?ref=rss

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 07:37:07 AM »

Unless the LE are keeping things quiet about what they know, I would hope
they have put this alert right across the country. Woodstock is right on the
401 highway which leads to everywhere. So why are they keeping the investigation just to the Woodstock area. I have to google Woodstock or London
to hear anything about this. Nothing on Toronto news this AM at all.
The aunt is asking for the donations to keep the family going and to pay for
their phone incase Tori tries to phone and then she adds "It is legal"????
I can't knock the Bikers coming to help, they use to do a run every year to the
Sick Kids hospital in Toronto with hundreds of gifts for the kids which was great
But Tori is probably long gone from Woodstock. My hinky meter is on high alert
right now. None of this makes sense. Am I the only one?????

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »

Unless the LE are keeping things quiet about what they know, I would hope
they have put this alert right across the country. Woodstock is right on the
401 highway which leads to everywhere. So why are they keeping the investigation just to the Woodstock area. I have to google Woodstock or London
to hear anything about this. Nothing on Toronto news this AM at all.
The aunt is asking for the donations to keep the family going and to pay for
their phone incase Tori tries to phone and then she adds "It is legal"????
I can't knock the Bikers coming to help, they use to do a run every year to the
Sick Kids hospital in Toronto with hundreds of gifts for the kids which was great
But Tori is probably long gone from Woodstock. My hinky meter is on high alert
right now. None of this makes sense. Am I the only one?????

I'd have to watch the interview again, but from what I recall the "It's legal" part was referring to the bank accounts?  The Aunt says there is an accountant taking care of it.  People want to make sure their donations are going where intended.

I'm in N. Ontario and there hasn't been any mention of Victoria on our local news sites.    I sent some emails out to them this morning.
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 11:23:32 AM »

I guess it was on one of the local sites.  I emailed two others.  One posted it a few minutes ago.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 04:23:34 PM »

Enhanced video showing woman kidnapper of Tori Victoria Stafford.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6FyN3Ct1Kg

Who are the OTHER people in the video and has LE found them and asked them  ?
LE needs a better description..

Tori is on the other side of the world by now.. How inept can LE be ?

They appear to take it all so casual.. When they should have been frantic in the first hour with all alerts up and running.

Like they say ..Be A Lert .. The world needs more Lerts.
Very depressing to see this kind of thing happen time and time again..

Same thing with Amber Dubois and so many others.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 08:12:44 PM »

I saw on CP24 reports of the search in a landfill.

I googled Woodstock Sentinel for local news.  They have a short video of landfill and a lake they are searching with side scan sonar.

It doesn't sound very good for this little girl.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 08:54:50 PM »

had one short article in our newspaper when it first happened...not a single word since...
I found out about it on another forum from one of the posters who lives in Canada...
this is so sad that this child is not getting more news...

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 01:02:57 AM »

They should be looking at airport surveillance and train station and bus station surveillance as well as gas station video.
There will be an attempt to move her out of the country  and they should understand she will be moved on a Private plane and probably not a public airline.
What do you think of that psychic ?

I think the poor child is up for sale.. It is Madeline McCain all over again..

This is a world wide organization doing this.. This is a kidnapping and this little child was tricked..
This woman is a professional Con Artist.

This is really sick. It makes my blood boil.
jmho
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 09:37:06 AM »

Sketch released in Victoria Stafford case

http://southwesternontario.ctv.ca/news.php?id=4446

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 09:37:56 AM »

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 10:10:09 AM »

Thank you Sieko.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 11:18:17 AM »

Community searches for Tori
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE9o6BSVZGM&feature=related

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2009, 11:25:53 AM »

Tori's dad thinks he might know woman in sketch

http://www.canada.com/News/Tori+have+identified+sketch+suspect/1520226/story.html
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 11:27:49 AM »

This is the reply I received from the second news site here in town, after sending two emails asking them to post Tori's flyer.

"We have been in regular contact with the OPP regarding this case, and will post information about it as soon as there is any indication that the investigation is turning to Northern Ontario."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.