May 17, 2024, 01:44:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 354711 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 10:10:20 PM »

I wonder what the wet spot on the floor of the house is?  Two fans?  The floor must of been soaked.  I think it's just a matter of time. 

No way this woman just walked out without her children.  She seems like she was letting those around her know that she had concerns and fear about her situation and she wanted them to be on the look out for her.

I can never understand why some people just can't let it go and get a divorce but I guess the problem (psychopathic illness) was there all along.  Idk but it's a damn waste. 

Maybe he cleaned up blood?  I agree, a matter of time. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 12:41:35 AM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8997206

Father hopes for safe return of daughter, knows time is running out
December 11, 2009

WEST VALLEY CITY -- Five days after a West Valley City woman disappeared, her father has now come to Utah. He's pleading for the safe return of his daughter: 28-year-old Susan Powell.

Charles Cox is frustrated and heartbroken over Susan's disappearance. He flew in to Salt Lake City Friday night from his home in Washington to meet with police and all of Susan's friends who are praying for her safe return.

"It's tough. You don't know," Cox says. "They're grown, married; they're on their own, but it's still your daughter."

He says he's on an emotional rollercoaster. At first he was told police were searching for his daughter and her entire family. But on Tuesday, her husband, Josh Powell, reappeared with the couple's two children. Susan, however, is still missing.

"It's almost five days now, and it's cold. So if she's outside, her time is either running out or has," Cox says.

Josh told police Susan went to bed Sunday night, and he took their two young boys -- ages 1 and 4 -- camping in Utah's West Desert along the Pony Express trail, in an area called Simpson Springs.

West Valley officers say they scoured the area and found no trace of Josh's campsite, but doesn't mean he wasn't.

"What we were doing yesterday was attempting to verify where he told us he went camping, to make sure what he is saying to us is accurate," says Capt. Tom McLachlan, with the West Valley City Police Department. "Unfortunately there has been a snow storm out there between then and now, and so any physical trace has been covered by snow, and we have not been able to locate anything."

McLachlan says the area where Josh claims he camped the night Susan disappeared is a very remote, very desolate location. He says police did use dogs to search the area, but said there was no sign of Susan.

At a candlelight vigil friends organized for Susan Thursday night, Josh refused to answer questions about his wife. Police say he has given them little information about Susan's disappearance.

The couple has only one vehicle, which Josh says he took. Susan left her cell phone and purse at home.

"Is he a suspect? No. He's not a suspect," McLachlan says. "Is he a person of interest? We have many people we are interested in. We do hope to and intend to re-interview him again."

In addition to another police interview, police told KSL News they also have an interest in looking at interviews Josh did with several media outlets on Thursday.

In addition, police are still in the process of interviewing Susan's family, friends and neighbors. Detectives say those interviews with neighbors have yielded talk of arguments between Josh and Susan. Still, they said police have never responded to the home on domestic violence calls.

Meanwhile, Susan's father is trying not to believe his son-in-law harmed his daughter. But with every day that passes, his suspicions and fears grow.

"I can't give up hope," he says.

Cox says Josh and Susan have been married for eight years, and while they've had their ups and downs, he says he thought things were going well between them. He says he hasn't been able to speak in detail with Josh about Susan or his camping trip.

Cox also wants to thank everyone who has helped search for Susan.

If you have any information about Susan Powell, you're asked to contact the West Valley City Police Department at 801-840-4000.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 12:54:15 AM »

http://www.joshpowellrealtor.com/about/AboutJoshPowell.aspx

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 02:54:07 AM »

link to the miles
http://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-is-it-between.htm
------------------------------
map of grounds
http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ut/salt_lake_fo/recreation/camping.Par.17284.File.dat/Simpson%20Springs%20RMA%20Map.pdf
-------------------------------------------------

Open: Year-round.

Cost:  $5.00 per campsite, per night.  Limit 2 vehicles per site.

Permits: Required for camping and day use. No reservations; sites available on first come/first serve basis.
A Special Recreation Permit (SRP) is required for camping outside of the developed campground.

no one knew he was there? who did he pay?

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/salt_lake/recreation/camping/simspson_springs.html
--------------------------------------------------

McLachlan says the area where Josh claims he camped the night Susan disappeared is a very remote,
very desolate location. He says police did use dogs to search the area, but said there was no sign of Susan.

look at the camp he went to, in the middle of no where, on a sunday night, and the route there

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 09:54:50 AM »

the husband did it imo...his story of going out to make smores in the middle of the night with 2 young children makes no sense...what a dumb alibi if you ask me...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 01:03:55 PM »

the husband did it imo...his story of going out to make smores in the middle of the night with 2 young children makes no sense...what a dumb alibi if you ask me...
I had not heard of this case until this morning on the news. I started reading the thread and right away it looked like the husband did something to her. Who in the world gets two little kids up in the middle of the night to go camping to test a generator and make smores  That is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2009, 01:10:26 PM »

And if that smores story isn't dumb enough, how many one year olds eat smores, I know that I never fed my kids smores at one  This guy is really something else
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 01:15:51 PM »

Josh Powell told the Deseret News he returned home Monday night after the trip to Tooele County to find a front window had been broken out. He said his wife wasn't home, but he didn't notice anything odd.
McLachlan confirmed that police broke the window to enter the home, worried the Powells might have been poisoned by carbon monoxide. Officers had responded to the home after family members reported that they could not reach the Powells, and that Josh Powell and Susan Powell had both missed work Monday without calling their employers.    A window broken but he didn't find anything odd, and oh yeah, my wife wasn't home, but nothing odd.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009, 01:17:03 PM »

Police in Salt Lake City suburb calls case of missing Utah mother of 2 suspicious

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah police are putting more investigators into the search for a 28-year-old mother whose disappearance has been termed "highly suspicious."

Since Susan Powell was reported missing Monday, authorities have questioned her husband and searched a desert area where he said he took the couple's two young children, ages 2 and 4, camping last weekend in freezing conditions.

Josh Powell returned Monday night, after police had already received a call from relatives who had not heard from the Powell family.

"We are putting practically every detective we have on this case," West Valley City Police Capt. Tom McLachlan said Friday afternoon. "It's highly suspicious."

He said about 30 detectives hunted down leads Friday as investigators tried to verify Josh Powell's story, but couldn't because snow had covered the spot along The Pony Express Trail where he said he took the children.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hitISYixOv_DC0ABZeYzc6dg2BDAD9CHNOU80
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009, 01:59:02 PM »

also that husband might find suspect was that wife was missing but her phone and purse were still in the house...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2009, 02:30:51 PM »

also that husband might find suspect was that wife was missing but her phone and purse were still in the house...
I'm just taken aback by this and his story 
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2009, 04:15:12 PM »

Saved pictures and vids:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2009, 05:09:56 PM »

Welcome AmandaReckonwith 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2009, 05:16:15 PM »

Welcome AmandaReckonwith 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2009, 05:18:05 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:17:24 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2009, 05:20:01 PM »

Search for missing mom impeded by weather

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah, Dec. 12 (UPI) -- The search for clues in the disappearance of a 28-year-old mother from West Valley City, Utah, has been hindered by snowy weather, police said.

West Valley Police Capt. Tom McLachlan said snow hampered investigators' search of a Tooele County site where Susan Powell's husband Josh told authorities he went camping with their two sons, ages 1 and 4, the weekend of her disappearance, the Salt Lake City Deseret News reported Friday.

"We went out that way to see if we could find any physical evidence that would indicate that he had been there, to verify his statement to us," McLachlan said. "Unfortunately, the weather didn't really cooperate, and there's been a snowstorm between when he went out there and when we went out there."

Powell was last seen at her home Sunday and concerned relatives contacted police after both Powell and her husband missed work Monday.

McLachlan told the Deseret News police were treating the case as suspicious.

"The amount of information we have does not allow us to rule out any of the possible outcomes in this case," he said. "We have to work every one of those as if that's a potential outcome."

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009/12/12/Search-for-missing-mom-impeded-by-weather/UPI-31261260650800/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2009, 05:21:40 PM »

Missing Utah mom's family prays for her return

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — Friends and family of a 28-year-old Utah mother who disappeared nearly a week ago are fasting and praying for her safe return as volunteers post thousands of fliers with her image on it.

Susan Powell was reported missing Monday under what police are calling suspicious circumstances. A prayer service attended by about 100 people was held for her on Saturday in West Valley City.

Authorities searched a desert area where husband Josh Powell says he took the couple's two young children, ages 2 and 4, camping last weekend in freezing conditions.

Josh Powell returned Monday night, after police had already received a call from relatives who had not heard from the Powell family.

He declined to answer questions from reporters Saturday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jE-50f71E8ypwigW42nKuDx27hxAD9CI14280
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2009, 05:36:42 PM »

Family of missing West Valley mom says speculation about husband does no good

Josh Powell stood silent in the snowy park, his eyes welling at times with tears.

It's been a week now since his wife, Susan Powell, went missing and while detectives have found no trace of the mother of two, speculation and theories have mounted among neighbors and strangers on online message boards.

Too much of that talk has been directed at Josh Powell, a family member says.

"There's a lot of speculation," Kirk Graves, Josh Powell's brother-in-law, told reporters during a brief press conference Saturday. "Unfortunately, that doesn't do Susan any good. It's destructive and damaging to what's going on."

Earlier this week, Josh Powell told the Deseret News he had not seen his wife since about midnight Sunday when he decided to take his two sons, ages 2 and 4, camping in the Simpson Springs area of Tooele County.

Powell said he returned home Monday night to find a front window broken out, but nothing else suspicious inside his West Valley City home.

Investigators said Friday they "could not determine whether he had or had not been there" because snow had covered tire tracks and a fire pit in the area.

There were no new breaks in the case Saturday. "Everything is pretty much identical to the day before," said West Valley City Police Lt. Bill Merritt.

At West View Park, where about 100 people gathered for a candlelight vigil earlier this week, Josh Powell did not answer reporters' questions Saturday.

Graves said Josh Powell has cooperated with the police investigation. "Everything they've asked of him, he has done," Graves said.

Susan Powell's disappearance has been a "major shock" to her husband and family. "The pain he feels is real," Graves said of his brother-in-law. "I could feel it" at a prayer service for Susan Powell Saturday morning.

The Powells' two young children have noticed the anxiety within the family, but family members are "doing our best to shelter them from this situation," he said.

Graves said friends and family plan to distribute some 4,500 fliers around Utah, though "there's every possibility Susan is no longer in the state," he said.

"Susan, we love you, we miss you and we just want you back," Graves said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705351139/Family-Speculation-doesnt-help.html
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2009, 05:38:35 PM »

Most 4 year olds are able to answer simple questions. I wonder if they have asked any to the 4 year old? My great nephew will be 4 Dec. 26th. He has been able to carry on a conversation for over a year now. Ask the child some questions.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2009, 06:08:51 PM »

Most 4 year olds are able to answer simple questions. I wonder if they have asked any to the 4 year old? My great nephew will be 4 Dec. 26th. He has been able to carry on a conversation for over a year now. Ask the child some questions.

I think I read where they did question him right in the beginning. 

A 4yr old should be able to explain alot unless they were actually asleep and not camping. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.