May 17, 2024, 08:00:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 354679 times)
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: January 05, 2010, 09:59:52 AM »

You guys have been hard at work on this already. I was asked by a family friend to do a piece on it and like you, I do think some investigative errors have occurred in this case.

Nothing I think that will ultimately interfere with a successful prosecution, but for me it has aways been about the speed in which a body can be located to preserve evidence AND his kids are in his care...

In the piece, I went into specifics about the fact I think his profile lends itself to putting her in water, and there are limited options in that record, which, if I am correct, would be lucky for LE.

In fact, two of them have 360 degree cameras. I wonder if he knew that.

Edward is correct, all traffic cams and gas station surveillance should be pulled. We know he had his phone, what do the pings tell us? I hope the West Valley City PD asks for help from the FBI, I believe there is enough evidence to substantiate such a request.

One thing is very important. This guy was interrupted. He had not counted on the fact that Police would be at his house before him. I want to know the make/color/model of both vehicles he used since December 6th.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #581 on: January 05, 2010, 10:29:37 AM »

Thanks Blink for the article, I had not thought about water, didn't enter my mind, I just assumed the bodies of water would have been frozen due to the temperatures.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: January 05, 2010, 10:29:59 AM »

I have been locked out of the cage again.....   

I think he is a POS too. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: January 05, 2010, 10:30:47 AM »

Thanks Blink. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #584 on: January 05, 2010, 10:59:37 AM »

Thanks Blink for the article, I had not thought about water, didn't enter my mind, I just assumed the bodies of water would have been frozen due to the temperatures.

I think many have. So did I until I did the research. There are 2 hotsprings that feed into Utah lake, and even still, in the regular "launches or inlets" it does not freeze solid. Although enough to keep a body hidden for a while based on where she potentially is, perhaps. Comes back to the generator for me. What type and size?

I do believe this is a viable location for Susan, but I look at it this way, absent evidence of her being somewhere else, for now, running aerials in these areas should be standard. This water could be low enough for certain equipment to pick up anomaly.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #585 on: January 05, 2010, 11:10:05 AM »

I think many have. So did I until I did the research. There are 2 hotsprings that feed into Utah lake, and even still, in the regular "launches or inlets" it does not freeze solid. Although enough to keep a body hidden for a while based on where she potentially is, perhaps. Comes back to the generator for me. What type and size?

I do believe this is a viable location for Susan, but I look at it this way, absent evidence of her being somewhere else, for now, running aerials in these areas should be standard. This water could be low enough for certain equipment to pick up anomaly.
Very interesting, didn't know about the hotsprings. I'm confused with the generator, since I am not an outdoor type of person, and have camped once in my life, I don't know anything about generators, let alone type and size. Help 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: January 05, 2010, 11:54:54 AM »

Missing Utah Woman Susan Powell: husband of missing woman, Josh Powell, plans to move out of state (video)
Posted by Melissa Finlay On January - 5 - 2010

Breaking news in the case of missing Utah woman Susan Powell, her husband, Josh Powell, plans to move out of state and take the couple’s two young children to Washington. The announcement of the move has been met with skepticism by many in the public. Though Josh Powell has not been named a suspect in his wife’s disappearance, he is a person of interest.

--snipped

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=2144

Big POS.  Saw it coming though with having friends moving large items out of house when he high tailed to be with daddy.  He can not afford the payments on the house either as Susan was the bread winner.  He is now going to let all she worked for get taken away.  IMO he has clearly cut ties with the church as there is no doubt they would have helped him keep the house etc. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: January 05, 2010, 12:12:47 PM »

You guys have been hard at work on this already. I was asked by a family friend to do a piece on it and like you, I do think some investigative errors have occurred in this case.

Nothing I think that will ultimately interfere with a successful prosecution, but for me it has aways been about the speed in which a body can be located to preserve evidence AND his kids are in his care...

In the piece, I went into specifics about the fact I think his profile lends itself to putting her in water, and there are limited options in that record, which, if I am correct, would be lucky for LE.

In fact, two of them have 360 degree cameras. I wonder if he knew that.

Edward is correct, all traffic cams and gas station surveillance should be pulled. We know he had his phone, what do the pings tell us? I hope the West Valley City PD asks for help from the FBI, I believe there is enough evidence to substantiate such a request.

One thing is very important. This guy was interrupted. He had not counted on the fact that Police would be at his house before him. I want to know the make/color/model of both vehicles he used since December 6th.

There was an interview of the land management guy/warden at the campsite that LE was looking at early on.  HE stated that there was no cell phone coverage in that area and that in fact his two way radio did not work out there.  The pings may show where his final destination with Susan was.  End of Nov there was a high profile death int he Nutty Putty Cave.  The body of the man who died is being left in the cave as recovery is too dangerous.  Utah is riddled with caves and old mines.  What are your thoughts of him getting an idea of where to put Susan so she can not be found from the Nov Nutty Putty death?

Here is a video of the rental car as he gets out of it.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aCXDpQEfZm8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/aCXDpQEfZm8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

This video shows him getting into his van to get away from reporters
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UhDjpHslsE4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/UhDjpHslsE4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

This video also shows Josh getting into the van as well as the van in the garage
http://www.youtube.com/v/Y40HewCTUaM&hl=en_US&fs=1&
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #588 on: January 05, 2010, 12:59:11 PM »

Water ?

He really is acting like Scott Peterson.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #589 on: January 05, 2010, 01:01:25 PM »

Separate him from his kids and let him bake for awhile..
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: January 05, 2010, 03:19:59 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-11513-Seattle-StayatHome-Moms-Examiner~y2010m1d5-Social-media-blitz-for-Susan-Powell-produces-tips-for-police
Social media blitz for Susan Powell produces tips for police
January 5, 11:10 AMSeattle Stay-at-Home Moms ExaminerEmylou Lewis
January 5, 2010 --  Yesterday, the social blitz designed to spread awareness of missing mom Susan Powell was launched.  The Salt Lake Tribune reported that the social meida blitz has produced about a dozen tips for the police.  Capt. Tom McLachlan of the West Valley City Police said the internet social media blitz is something new and they think it's going to be positive. 

Shelby GIfford, the Cox family's media spokesperson spoke about the tips:  "They're remembering things and they're bringing some information to the table that's worthy of follow-up."

Susan Powell, the missing mom who grew up in Washington has been missing since the 7th of December 2009.  Susan's friend, Kiirsi Hellewell said, "I think that with two million eyes looking instead of 2,000 eyes, we have a whole lot better chance of finding something."

If you have seen Susan Powell, please call 911 right away.  There is a $10,000 reward for any information which can lead to her whereabouts.

Source:

Salt Lake Tribune

~ Peter Frampton
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: January 05, 2010, 03:57:46 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:18:51 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #592 on: January 05, 2010, 04:04:09 PM »

From Northern Rose:

This video also shows Josh getting into the van as well as the van in the garage

Can you or anyone else tell the make/model of this van?  Chevy Venture?

On the Putty Cave death, I don't think at that time of night this guy is humping through snow and subzero temps with 2 kids in a running or nearby car hooked to a generator to an area where he could get stranded and die himself.

He's a lazy dumbass in fear of getting caught red handed. What is missing from the house will probably tell us..
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: January 05, 2010, 04:29:44 PM »

From Northern Rose:

On the Putty Cave death, I don't think at that time of night this guy is humping through snow and subzero temps with 2 kids in a running or nearby car hooked to a generator to an area where he could get stranded and die himself.

He's a lazy dumbass in fear of getting caught red handed. What is missing from the house will probably tell us..

Blink

In the course of the investigation ... the releasing of the images and discription of the vehicles is the responsibity of law enforcement.

Why do you think there was not an immediate public alert requesting assistance from anybody who may have spotted Josh Powel ... spotted either vehicle ... in that crucial time period.  A 28 year old young mother was missing ... a public alert that included images of Josh Powell ... a public alert that included images and discription of the vehicles ... could have gone a long way in generating tips?

My youngest son's friend who is in law enforcement stopped in this morning for a quick cuppa coffee which lasted one hour.  I shared my frustrations.  This young man cannot comprehend the lack of action encompassing the vehicles when the Utah investigators realized that Josh Powell ... after one interview ... was no longer cooperating ... realized that Josh had obtained a high profile attorney.  The locating of the Susan Powell was not a concern.

In my opinion ... this law enforcement needs to be investigated.  The FBI need to be called in.

Janet
1:30 PM PT

+++++

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: January 05, 2010, 04:51:14 PM »

From Northern Rose:

Here is a capture of the back of the van if it helps.  I think there are enough caves and old mines in Utah that he could drive up to a shaft and dump her in a hidy hole and then go on with his camping someplace else.  The snow that fell would erase any tracks and he either knew it or got lucky.  Whatever happened, he knows more than he is saying.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: January 05, 2010, 05:40:12 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:19:19 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

_____

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: January 05, 2010, 05:45:38 PM »

From Northern Rose:

Here is a capture of the back of the van if it helps.  I think there are enough caves and old mines in Utah that he could drive up to a shaft and dump her in a hidy hole and then go on with his camping someplace else.  The snow that fell would erase any tracks and he either knew it or got lucky.  Whatever happened, he knows more than he is saying.

I believe the van is a Chrysler.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #597 on: January 05, 2010, 05:49:03 PM »

The levels of Utah Lake are always low - comparatively.  It is not at all a deep lake, by any means.

Blink, have you thought at all of the possibility that his red, chapped hands were the result of a chemical used in the carpet cleaner found in the home?  Or possibly a mild case of frostbite?

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #598 on: January 05, 2010, 05:51:01 PM »

The Great Salt Lake (west of the Salt Lake valley, via I80 westbound toward Nevada) never freezes due to its composition.  It is also a massive body of water.  Conversely, it is not very deep at all, and bouyancy levels are extremely high.  Unless weighted, a body would float from the onset.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #599 on: January 05, 2010, 05:52:55 PM »

FYI - as far as caves are concerned, I believe most would have been inaccessible to most vehicles (that aren't 4 wheel drive) by the date Susan went missing.

Except possibly for some in the West desert.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.