May 07, 2024, 09:08:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan #2 6/05/09 -  (Read 466600 times)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1380 on: February 03, 2010, 02:23:45 AM »

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1381 on: February 04, 2010, 07:02:13 AM »

MONROE - Nevaeh Buchanan would have turned 6 yesterday. Although the girl was killed last spring, she was fresh in the minds of mourners who gathered at her grave here to remember her on her birthday.

"I wish she was here so I could make her a big old birthday cake," said Diane Lawson, her great aunt, the anguish in her voice apparent.

Instead, she put balloons on Nevaeh's grave that already was beautifully bedecked with a blanket of greenery and pink flowers. The heart on the balloon read "I love you."

Shaun Lawson, Nevaeh's cousin, said he organized the brief service in St. Joseph Cemetery to keep memory of the girl alive and as a reminder that her killer has not been found.

Jennifer Buchanan, left, visits the grave of her daughter, Nevaeh Buchanan, on what would have been her sixth birthday, along with Nevaeh's great aunt, Diane Lawson, and the Rev. Dale Hayford.

Nevaeh went missing on May 24 from the Charlotte Arms apartments, where she lived with her mother and grandmother.
She was last seen riding a scooter in the complex. The search for Nevaeh made national news and attracted thousands of volunteers. Her body was found 10 days later in a shallow grave, encased in concrete, along the banks of the River Raisin.

The case remains unsolved. The Monroe County Sheriff's Office has released no new details since the release of the autopsy, which showed the little girl may have been buried alive.

Before the service, the Rev. Dale Hayford, pastor of Community Crosswalk Church, said he remained in touch with some of the volunteer searchers, whom he described as deeply affected by their experience.

Investigators have received more than 13,000 tips. They described two convicted sex offenders as "persons of interest," but the men were never charged and were sent back to prison for violating parole by having contact with Nevaeh's family.

As a cold wind blew across the cemetery, Nevaeh's mother, Jennifer Buchanan, tied a Happy Birthday balloon to the gravestone.

Then Mr. Hayford recalled how family and friends had prayed that Nevaeh be found the night before the two fishermen happened across her body.

He said he prays now that her killer or killers would surrender to authorities. "For them ever to have peace in life, they have to turn themselves in," he said. "To get forgiveness, they've got to confess to the police as well."

He offered to accompany the killer on the trip to the authorities, and continued his prayer: "Father, I pray for the family that you took this life from, I pray for the police that you give them wisdom and understanding, and I pray for Nevaeh. Her body is here, but her soul is with you."
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100204/NEWS02/2040374

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1382 on: February 04, 2010, 07:43:32 PM »

Thanks nut. I'd love to believe that Nevaeh's family is working hard to find her killer. But they're not.  I know because I work this case on a daily basis and am in constant contact with people in Monroe that are assisting. Her birthday was just a media op for them. But that's ok- no press is bad press if it means keeping Nevaeh's name alive. God bless her little soul. 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1383 on: February 04, 2010, 09:15:54 PM »

Thanks nut. I'd love to believe that Nevaeh's family is working hard to find her killer. But they're not.  I know because I work this case on a daily basis and am in constant contact with people in Monroe that are assisting. Her birthday was just a media op for them. But that's ok- no press is bad press if it means keeping Nevaeh's name alive. God bless her little soul. 

JessStar, how disheartening it must be to watch this family use the media for themselves.  So sad, they aren't the only ones that do it.  But you as so right, whatever the reason for the press, Nevaeh's precious face and story are once again in the news and that is good.  Wish there was more I could do to help you, just know I pray every day for her justice to arrive.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1384 on: February 05, 2010, 04:53:55 AM »

JessStar, how disheartening it must be to watch this family use the media for themselves.  So sad, they aren't the only ones that do it.  But you as so right, whatever the reason for the press, Nevaeh's precious face and story are once again in the news and that is good.  Wish there was more I could do to help you, just know I pray every day for her justice to arrive.

thanks sister!  I certainly appreciate your prayers. I too pray every night for justice to be served. So far God has given me the strenght to continue fighting for this little angel and st tomes, emotionally, it hasn't been easy.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1385 on: February 09, 2010, 07:44:03 PM »

thanks sister!  I certainly appreciate your prayers. I too pray every night for justice to be served. So far God has given me the strenght to continue fighting for this little angel and st tomes, emotionally, it hasn't been easy.

bless you Jess for all that you do for Nevaeh and her memory...I pray for justice for this little girl as well....xxx

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1386 on: February 17, 2010, 02:49:02 PM »

The Search for Nevaeh Buchanan

Almost a year and 13,000 tips later, no killer has been charged with the child's death

It's the most high-profile murder case in our area in years. Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, was taken from her home and buried alive. It happened last summer, but to this day, the crime remains unsolved.

Her name was Nevaeh-- heaven spelled backward-- and on her tombstone, she's called "Monroe's Little Angel."

Diana Lawson is Nevaeh's great-aunt. She still lives in the Charlotte Arms apartment building, across the hall from where Nevaeh was last seen. That was May 24 of last year.

How Nevaeh disappeared is unclear. After a massive 10-day search, two fishermen uncovered her body. It was encased in cement along a bank of the River Raisin, near the town of Maybee.

A large, wooden cross now stands along the riverbank, marking the site where investigators recovered Nevaeh's body. It's here you'll also find signs offering a $20,000 reward to whomever can help solve this mystery.

Two weeks ago would have marked Nevaeh's sixth birthday. A small crowd gathered to remember the girl, including Nevaeh's mother, Jennifer Buchanan. Jennifer did not speak to the media.

She and Nevaeh's grandmother, who was the girl's legal guardian, have since moved out of Charlotte Arms.

Meantime, Nevaeh's aunt says she still contacts investigators, asking for updates.

We were all set to talk with a sergeant about the investigation and where it stands, when the sheriff of Monroe County pulled the plug. At this point, we are told there will be no on-camera interviews about the Nevaeh Buchanan case.

We do know the two men originally considered "persons of interest" are still in prison. George Kennedy and Roy Smith never faced new charges.

The convicted sex offenders were both found guilty of violating parole by contacting Nevaeh's family. They're currently finishing out their original sentences.

As for Nevaeh's great-aunt, she wonders how much detectives know and how much she doesn't. "They're not talking much about anything. I don't know if they've got anything, any clues."

That leaves her, and many others, to question: what led up to the killing of Monroe's little angel? Who took the young life of Nevaeh Buchanan? And perhaps the most nagging question of all -- Why?

The sheriff's office has fielded 13,000 tips. The lead detective continues to investigate every day. If you have any information, give them a call at 734-240-7550

There's also a great video on the site.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7278752

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1387 on: February 17, 2010, 05:10:49 PM »

Popping in to check if there is anything new. I pray all of the time that justice is served in this case. Sorry I missed her birthday, the cakes were so pretty Jess. Wow sweet of you to have posted them.
angel2stop
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1388 on: March 08, 2010, 09:05:49 PM »

This is The latest On Nevaeh

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/22733867/index.html

Praying for Justice everyday!
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1389 on: March 16, 2010, 08:40:34 AM »

Call us Tuesday during the 13abc evening newsMonday, March 15, 2010

Tuesday night on 13abc, our news team wants to hear from you!

We're asking viewers to call us with their ideas, suggestions and even criticisms.

We're interested in hearing what you have to say and what you want to see more or less of on 13abc Action News.

So please give us a call tomorrow evening from 5-6:30 p.m.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7331217
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

~maybe if enough of us call we can talk them into keeping Nevaeh in the news more.  They hardly ever have anything on this case anymore.  This Angel's story must be kept alive in order for her to get the justice she so deserves .  Here is the phone # and email I found...I am going to send an email in case I miss the window to call in. 

Phone: 419-531-1313
wtvg.news@abc.com

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1390 on: March 16, 2010, 06:22:20 PM »

Thanks leroy!  That's a great idea!

I'd like to give everyone an update if I could. We are still working very hard on our Justice for Nevaeh project. I can assure you that this case is still very much alive and far from cold. I can't say much dye to confidentiality concerns but things are progressing nicely.

On the media front, we are planning several upcoming public events. First we are planning a large public event for the one year anniversary. I don't want to call it a celebration because it's far from something worth celebrating, but it will be in Nevaeh's honor. We will also be dedicating a brass plaque to place on our park bench that now sits at Nevaeh's preschool. Finally, we are planning a new publicity blitz that will focus principally on our reward posters. There are several other things in the work as well. I'll tell you more about them as they get closer.

I'd like to take this opportunity to send a very special thank you out to the Monroe Masons who have graciously offered their assistance with just about every past, present and future event.

Thanks everyone. Have a good day. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1391 on: March 16, 2010, 10:30:25 PM »

Thank you JessStar and Leroy.  I'm glad to hear the case is "still very much alive and far from cold". 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1392 on: March 17, 2010, 09:26:59 AM »

Thank you JessStar and Leroy.  I'm glad to hear the case is "still very much alive and far from cold". 

me too!

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1393 on: March 28, 2010, 09:10:15 AM »

A NATION wide petition asking for a ONE STRIKE LAW for child sex offenders! As parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles, we need to take a minute and sign our names!! How can anyone disagree??

Put in your zip code at the beginning & it will pull up your representatives & emails are sent to them on your behalf!!

http://www.rallycongress.com/one-strike-for-sex-offenders/2961/go/

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1394 on: March 28, 2010, 08:41:49 PM »

Thanks Jess, I just went to the link and it was very easy...only took a few seconds.  Please everyone take a few seconds to do this!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1395 on: March 29, 2010, 10:50:11 PM »

I did this already...JerseyGirl had mentioned that she also had put the link on her facebook page...good idea so I did that as well!

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1396 on: April 02, 2010, 10:26:06 PM »

Happy Easter Baby Girl.  You are always on my mind, and forever in my heart.  Peace and Love to You, Little Angel, forever and ever and ever and ever.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1397 on: April 05, 2010, 09:51:00 AM »

an angelic monkey  Jess Star....

FishstickKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1398 on: April 19, 2010, 11:46:14 PM »

I'm stunned they haven't gotten anyone for this yet. sigh..
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1399 on: April 20, 2010, 04:52:22 PM »

They will. I'm confident of that.   

My group, Justice for Nevaeh, is in the process of planning some new events and promotions.  Suffice it to say at this point that the end of this month through the beginning of June will be pretty busy. On April 26, 2010, we are sponsoring a Nevaeh Buchanan Reward Poster Canvassing Event in which the community will be "canvassed" with over 5000 posters.  We are also in talks with businesses over a few "unorthodox" methods of publicizing the Reward Poster and our message. I'll tell you more about them once the talks are complete.  They're pretty cool to say the least.  Moreover, we are planning a large event to mark the One Year point of Nevaeh's abduction.  I don't like to call it an "anniversary" because anniversaries are intended as celebrations.  I don't view Nevaeh's abduction as something worth celebrating.  But we do think it will be a good opportunity to remind the community of how important it is to keep our children safe-to watch them, to be alert, to not turn their backs for one second and to listen to them.  We were initially going to dedicate our Park Bench at the event, but it appears that our dedication plaque will not be done in time.

We will be launching a new website shortly.  I will let you know when it's complete.  It's quite a bit of work, let me tell you.  Once it is done, I hope I can rely on all of you to help promote it.  I want as many hits as I can get!

There's so much more going on--these are just the high points.  We are doing everything we can to keep Nevaeh's name in the limelight and to ensure Justice is Served.  Justice for Nevaeh will not forget her, and we will not rest until Justice is Served.

Thanks for "listening."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.