May 02, 2024, 11:46:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #7 3/14/09 - 3/18/09  (Read 314408 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1900 on: March 18, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »

Ron was not calling Fibsty a dumb beech - he was calling the operator a dumb beech...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNe0zHiLtgo

On the police report it states that Ron said "my dumb b*tch girlfriend lost my daughter"

*goes to find that police report again*

I missquoted. It says on the police report that Ron said that his "dumb b*tch girlfriend" told him that his daughter was missing.

Irregardless, it was wrong to say that. He was the one who put her in charge of his daughter.

Yes ITA it was totally wrong to call his caretaker that and future wife but in the interview with Fibsty she stated it was the operator he made that comment to ...

In the video -Fibsty put Haleigh's blanket on her, then "I made up my bed".....made up her bed?  Where was Jr. then?

Either she made the bed with the child in it, which wouldn't make much sense, or Jr was on the couch in the living room watching his video. I'm even wondering if the kids were even prepared for bed that night.

Hi NoRose!  Am wondering the same thing... It's been reported by Gma that she saw the kids eating dinner on the porch around 7p.  Misty says the kids watched videos and went to bed at 8p.  Doesn't mention them having a bath or getting into their jammies before bed, which moms everywhere know takes a bit of time.  Heh.  From what Misty has said, in several different ways, seems to me those kids fell into bed wearing whatever they had on that day. 

Misty didn't even know what Haleigh had on when she went to bed so I seriously doubt that there was bath time in her on this evening...barely time to finish dinner and go to bed at 8....

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1901 on: March 18, 2009, 01:05:10 PM »

Wycks ~ happy to see you! 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1902 on: March 18, 2009, 01:05:25 PM »

No, I wish~that was HH, I have talked with Marie several times, and she gave me another contact who is there now to give some info I discovered........I thought it may have been bunk, but it was easy to check out because it was "allegedly" from a local HS teacher who had overheard Misty's friends and relatives talking about how much she disliked Haleigh (I'd go with jealousy) and how she had burned her hands in water for punishment.......this contact has the power to find out if this is true or not, and told me that he had heard very similar stories since his arrival.

OMG, I hope that is not true!!
These witnesses coming forward now is not so hard to believe. Crystal did not live around there, and so may just now be finding out things like that. I am pretty sure she didn't even have contact with Ron or his family, other than when she picked them up every other weekend. I can certainly believe that she trusted him and didn't believe he would hurt them. Truth is.. it might not be Ron who is so abusive, rather it could be Misty. However, I can't see her getting away with putting Haleigh's hands in boiling water, Ron would have stuck HER HEAD in boiling water... he seems to have a temper. Many parents who are too rough on their own kids would go and beat the daylights out of someone else who hurts them.
Some of this stuff is a little too 'convenient.' And people will sometimes lie for whatever reason. Or get the wrong impression for something that is easily explained. You never know! I would say that unless the witness actually SAW this abuse while it was happening, then it's going to be hard to prove it.

TxLady...I totally agree with this...! If this stuff turns out to be malicious gossip, it is unconscionable that anyone is saying this stuff and repeating it in my opinion...sometimes people will want their 5 minutes of fame by coming forth with this kindof stuff...my thoughts, if someone knew this happened and never came forward till now,,,,shame on them!

Well.. I just want to toss this into the mix.   

Whether Misty did or did not burn Haleigh's hands, or any other possible abuse, doesn't necessarily mean that Ron knew what she may have done, or participated.  Even tho it does appear that Ron has a temper. 

It's quite possible that *if* Misty was abusive to the kids, that she may then have given Ron a plausible reason/excuse that made sense to him re any possible injuries to the kids. 

And wouldn't that be a kicker *if* it's found that the children were indeed abused.  *If* it's found that Misty was the abuser.  *If* it's found that Ron had nothing to do with any of it, along with no knowledge of it. 

How would that affect a custody battle?  Him now being married to Misty. 

Food for thought... 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1903 on: March 18, 2009, 01:07:23 PM »

A lot of food for thought in this case Wyks. 
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1904 on: March 18, 2009, 01:09:06 PM »

Whether Misty did or did not burn Haleigh's hands, or any other possible abuse, doesn't necessarily mean that Ron knew what she may have done, or participated.  Even tho it does appear that Ron has a temper. 

It's quite possible that *if* Misty was abusive to the kids, that she may then have given Ron a plausible reason/excuse that made sense to him re any possible injuries to the kids. 

And wouldn't that be a kicker *if* it's found that the children were indeed abused.  *If* it's found that Misty was the abuser.  *If* it's found that Ron had nothing to do with any of it, along with no knowledge of it. 

Food for thought... 

Pass the Rolaids, please.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1905 on: March 18, 2009, 01:10:58 PM »

If there is any substance to what is being said, reported or gossiped about, Child and Family Services are going to investigate it. The lawyer knows that hearsay gossip and innuendo aren't going to cut it, they need first hand eye witnesess
information and I assume that is what she turned over to DFS. If there is a child at risk, it needs to be dealt with. If it is unfounded, it is up to all the agencies and LE to make that determination. And heaven help them if they don't and something happens to the other little one. Is Crystal willing to just stand silent ? I guess not, she got that lawyer for a reason and it will all come out in good time.   
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1906 on: March 18, 2009, 01:11:57 PM »

Snipped from the JVM transcripts, from her interview with Crystal last night:

SHEFFIELD: Well, I know for a fact my son told me that. I`m not lying. I did not ask him no questions.

The following weekend after Haleigh went missing I asked him no questions. As soon as I picked him up he said, "Mommy, I want to find my sissy. A man in black took her," and that is what he told me.

SHEFFIELD: Well, at first he did say it was a man dressed in black. And then I asked him the following -- the two weeks later when I got him again I asked him about it. But I didn`t want to question him about it, because I know it`s hard on him enough. And I asked him about it and I was, like, "What about the black -- the person dressed in black." And he said it was a black man dressed in black, and he had squeaky shoes. And the I`m not lying. I have no reason to lie.

Crystal, Crystal... Some of us soooo want to believe you!  You've gone on national tv and contradicted yourself twice in the same interview.   

We know Crystal asked Jr questions, heck most of us prolly would if it were us!  LE typically asks family/friends to hold off asking questions, pumping the child for info.  Hard to do, I know. 

The thing is, Crystal is doing herself NO favors by continuing to say over and again that she did not ask Jr questions.... when she actually did.  Why not just stop, admit it, and say it was hard not to, or something like that. 

This is only makes it harder for some to believe the rest of what she says!     

All IMO.

hey Wykers! precisely! don't lie...her, Misty or ron....don't lie!
I know darn well right or wrong if my kid came up with an explanation of who may have taken my other child, I would ask him every question I could think of and I would admit it...it would be too hard to not ask the questions...it is hard to believe that she would calmly not say anything to him and then take him to the proper channels and not say a word? not buying it and besides she has already been caught in a fib here...in my opinion

Yep!!   

And telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing BUT the truth... applies to all sides, all players in this case. 

For *any* of them to do otherwise, as we are seeing, is IMO, obstructing justice.  Sigh. 

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1907 on: March 18, 2009, 01:13:19 PM »

Well IMO, about the teacher that posted on that blog about Haleighs hand s in boiling water, I for one believe that IM did the right thing in giving the info to the right person and letting them handle it and find out if it is true or not, In this case thats what its gonna take, start with everything you hearand discard them one by one and eventually when you get to the bottom of the stack there;s gonna be only the truth left, that will be the one thing that cant be desgarded, thats just how thing have to be done,   Let no stone go unturned..........eventually something will be under one when you pick it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1908 on: March 18, 2009, 01:17:23 PM »

Food for thought... 

Pass the Rolaids, please.

Wykers...anything is possible in this case for God's sake!

how many times do we hear at trials and during investigations of how the step parent was abusing the children and the parent didn't know about it? hard to believe, I would know if there was a scratch on my kids hand or leg and it would be explained how he got it...but some people choose not to confront or want to believe that it happened right under their own noses..

I personally don't think that ron or misty or crystal were abusive to either of these kids ...jmo...Ron admitted that he spanked the kids...some people have a problem with parenting in this way as well....consider it abuse...I know that when we were kids, we were beat with a belt by our father...on our butts but somehow, sometimes, that belt strap went down to our little legs...left lots of bruises and belt marks...so it is no wonder that I am against spanking of any kind with an object other than a hand...but that is just me...others may think that there is nothing wrong with it...
I hope that if Haleigh is no longer with us, that the short life that she had was a happy one and did not have abuse of any kind in it...
but, I am still thinking that she is alive and will be found.....hope soon!

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1909 on: March 18, 2009, 01:21:24 PM »

Well IMO, about the teacher that posted on that blog about Haleighs hand s in boiling water, I for one believe that IM did the right thing in giving the info to the right person and letting them handle it and find out if it is true or not, In this case thats what its gonna take, start with everything you hearand discard them one by one and eventually when you get to the bottom of the stack there;s gonna be only the truth left, that will be the one thing that cant be desgarded, thats just how thing have to be done,   Let no stone go unturned..........eventually something will be under one when you pick it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes. yes. yes.  It's amazing what we hear, as teachers, and many times there is at least some substance to the statements. 

Wycks~I hope you know I was teasing about the Rolaids.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1910 on: March 18, 2009, 01:22:49 PM »

This is very true HH....that could be why they have gotten so many tips on this case...so many things/hearsay being said...

If people are making up things and then it gets investigated and turns out not to be true, then that has just taken time away from the investigation and legitimate claims...wonder if some of these people think of that....Still, every lead has to be looked into, no matter how incredible it may seem....
wouldn't you think that CVZ would have done that? he does work with the police..I would be very surprised if he didn't...

memaw
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1911 on: March 18, 2009, 01:25:24 PM »

This is a question and not facts . Wasn't there mention of a couch on the front porch ? When the children were outside eating and said hello to grandma ?
Interesting, now I am wondering why a couch would be on a front porch.

morning Dolce..    there are a lot of folks who live in the woods, who keep what most would consider house furnature, on their front porch.
I have rocking chairs, but, I see a lot of sofas, mostly in the lower paid folks homes.
Don't we have a pic somewhere of the front of the house?
Thank you for the explanation Mio.  That is, um, different!  My HOA would have a coniption fit if we moved our furniture to the front lanai.  LOL

Am thinking that anyone who thinks of their porch as 'lanai', would want a couch out there.     It's all in one's perspective, that's all.  Gosh, have you seen what some self-described rednecks use as a swimming pool?     A lined back end of the truck!!  What would your HOA say to that being out front?   LOL  Even my sons would be going ermmmm wtf? 

I am not sure how to just reply. it was post on another site that Ron did not smoke in the house. so they put the couch on the porch for smoking. and that it was a nice couch.  I don't post alot because i am not sure how to reply or do anything else
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1912 on: March 18, 2009, 01:25:49 PM »

yes. yes. yes.  It's amazing what we hear, as teachers, and many times there is at least some substance to the statements. 

Wycks~I hope you know I was teasing about the Rolaids.

but aren't teacher obligated to report any signs of abuse down there to LE? My son is a teacher and he is bound to report any sort of abuse where we live...I should think that if this teacher or any of Haleigh's teachers noticed abuse they should have reported it..
also, did Jr go to preschool since he just turned 4? kids around here generally start at 3, not always....those teachers should be trained to spot abuse as well and report it..

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1913 on: March 18, 2009, 01:26:39 PM »

I appreciate IslandMonkey sharing what she has heard with us.  Really, how much do we really know for sure, right now? 

I grasp for any little bit of info, and then form my own opinion.  This case is just exhausting, isn't it?

Last thing,  IMO only, I consider gossip as something said in order to deliberately hurt/sabotage the person being discussed.  I do not believe that is what IM is doing.  She is sharing with us what she's discovered/heard.

Perhaps someone is reading out there, and will decide to share their personal knowledge regarding what IM heard. 

Okay, sorry to talk so much.  tcu

I agree with what you just said, I appreciate any info as well, and I don't feel anyone is gossiping. One point I would like to bring up, Crystal last night saying about Jr and the bouncing couch could LE have told her to say that to pressure Misty? I don't know the workings of LE, so would appreciate input on that.

Good points both of you!  (And tcumom, please post more often, cuz you have great input too!) 

I can't pretend to know exactly what this LE (or any other) has up their sleeve.  We do know from other cases that LE can and does *fib* to a suspect in order to pressure them, get them to the point where they will spill the truth.  We've seen it happen on tv!  (okies.. maybe too much CSI here.. lol)  But I know for fact it does happen, cuz my oldest son has had a few run-ins with LE, and they have fibbed to him to get the truth.  Might be shocking, yet it can work, to get the truth out. 

With Misty, it sure does seem that LE is exasperated.  Likely having tried all their techniques in getting ONE consistent explanation from her that makes any sense at all.  I dunno if LE would, having exhausted every other way possible, turn to someone outside of LE, and on national tv at that, have that person go 'undercover', so to speak, doing things that might elicit the truth from their suspect.  But ya know?  I sure won't say that no way that's impossible!  I think LE is at their wits end with Misty. 

If they can get Crystal to up the ante, pissing Ron off, perhaps Ron will then apply the pressure to Misty to get at the exact truth, thereby doing what LE might not have been able to do by now. 

CSI in all it's glory....

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1914 on: March 18, 2009, 01:28:21 PM »

This is very true HH....that could be why they have gotten so many tips on this case...so many things/hearsay being said...

If people are making up things and then it gets investigated and turns out not to be true, then that has just taken time away from the investigation and legitimate claims...wonder if some of these people think of that....Still, every lead has to be looked into, no matter how incredible it may seem....
wouldn't you think that CVZ would have done that? he does work with the police..I would be very surprised if he didn't...
Well  Im sure CVZ would have, but until someone mentions it to him, then how do we know that he has heard about it???

I'm not sure myself that "anybody has made up anything"  I figure that 9 times out of 10 if aomeone says something there is a basis of truth as to where it originated from, and IMO  thats what needs to be found here, the basis of truth, and I dont see it as taking time away from this investigation to check up on whatever can be checked up on......thats what INVESTIGATION....means!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1915 on: March 18, 2009, 01:30:46 PM »

Wycks ~ happy to see you! 

Hi tcumom, thanks! 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1916 on: March 18, 2009, 01:32:53 PM »

Memaw, you will get the hang to posting, believe me if I can anyone can  It took me awhile to figure everything out. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1917 on: March 18, 2009, 01:33:12 PM »

NoRose and tcumom, LOL!  Yeppers, too much food for thought in this case, and we might just need to take out stock in roll-aids!      

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1918 on: March 18, 2009, 01:36:10 PM »

ITA agree HH.. It doesn't matter who reported this to the police if this is was an incident that happened to Haleigh whether it was IM, CVZ ,  teachers , neighbors or all of them... Let them investigated it... Any info to bring Haleigh home..

Let no stone be unturned...
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1919 on: March 18, 2009, 01:39:38 PM »

If there is any substance to what is being said, reported or gossiped about, Child and Family Services are going to investigate it. The lawyer knows that hearsay gossip and innuendo aren't going to cut it, they need first hand eye witnesess
information and I assume that is what she turned over to DFS. If there is a child at risk, it needs to be dealt with. If it is unfounded, it is up to all the agencies and LE to make that determination. And heaven help them if they don't and something happens to the other little one. Is Crystal willing to just stand silent ? I guess not, she got that lawyer for a reason and it will all come out in good time.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.