May 13, 2024, 11:39:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #642 6/19 - 6/20/2007  (Read 154014 times)
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2007, 07:21:56 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "AZLady"
Monkeys, monkeys.  Haven't we learned that the internet hate-mongers will go to extreme lengths to push their agenda?  The agenda of those at RU and FOB is to defend and promote Aruba, using any possible means.  It really is not far-fetched at all to think they might even post under Robin or Dave's names -- saying what they WISH Robin and Dave might say.  

Use restraint, folks, and do not believe everything you read.  I will not believe this letter is from Robin until I hear Dave express these thoughts in the media, or someone I trust, like Red or Klaas, tells me that these are truly Dave's wishes.  Sorry, but I ain't buying this chit.

I wish I felt that way, but I do think the letter really is from them.

I agree with BT.  If BFN allowed it to stay up then the letter is from Robin.

And I can't help but keep wondering why out of the blue they'd choose now to post that -- sumpin' ain't adding up IMO.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2007, 07:22:54 PM »

Hubby is sitting here watching TV with me, and I just now said to him, "What kind of paper is the Mirror?"

His reply, "A trashy little tabloid - why?"  Laughing  Laughing

Simon says  Laughing  and he's right!!!!!

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2007, 07:23:12 PM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
You know, it might be just semantics (or not), but I think what is needed is an INFORMATION CAMPAIGN.  A boycott might be a result of that campaign, but the choice to visit or not visit Aruba is each individual's choice.  After all, Aruba started their "disinformation campaign" very early on.  Perhaps we need to call this our INFORMATION CAMPAIGN to tell everyone about the crime and corruption on Aruba.  Then people can make up their own minds about traveling to a dangerous, drug-infested island with no law enforcement or protection.  How bout that?
Good idea...Information Campaign.

The travel show demonstrators passively do the right thing. They remind the public about the case, and spread the wordabout the crimes.
Here 30,000 readers at the Crime thread.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2007, 07:23:48 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Hubby is sitting here watching TV with me, and I just now said to him, "What kind of paper is the Mirror?"

His reply, "A trashy little tabloid - why?"  Laughing  Laughing

Simon says  Laughing  and he's right!!!!!

Let's not tell him - he'll get the big head.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2007, 07:24:27 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "*******"
Something must be up for Robin to write that letter and Dave to agree with it.

Robin has hinted at that before.  I think EASY said it best in the previous thread.  Wink

prolly had to say that in order to get permission for TES to go there and search  Rolling Eyes

Now that something I can latch onto.  Kiss their ass to gain an ounce of hope that they can finally find their precious daughter.  Even if she's been crammed into a fishtrap and dumped into the ocean by the murdering raping VanDerSloot family.
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2007, 07:28:29 PM »

Rob, why would Robin and Dave want Richard, Vicky, Michelle and others like us, actually, to stop telling people the truth we know about Aruba?  Our own crime on Aruba thread is proof-positive that the island is not safe.  So, riddle me this:  why would Robin and Dave want us to stop our educational mission of telling everyone that Aruba is not safe?

Don't forget Hotshot and *******.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2007, 07:29:14 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
OF wrote ;

Has anyone ever seen any newspaper article saying that Aruba's economy has and is being hurt by a Boycott or an Official Statement of some sort that all Arubas would see?
Or how about a poll of Arubans asking if any Boycott is hurting them?

Not since 2006.
I think they mean "hurt feelings". You know people like Arubagirl etc.

Nope..
What I meant to say is
Has anyone conducted a poll of Arubans and asked if they thought their economy was be impacted negatively by any type of "Boycott" or just by the actions of their elected officials. Laughing

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2007, 07:31:23 PM »

IndyDan and all, if that be the case, that this poor family has to kiss more ass after all the ass kissing they have already done for two years. OMG!
This case has to be one of the biggest cases of injustice for American tourists we have seen in awhile.
People will Not forget this, for a long, long time.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2007, 07:33:13 PM »

Quote from: "IndyDan"
Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "*******"
Something must be up for Robin to write that letter and Dave to agree with it.

Robin has hinted at that before.  I think EASY said it best in the previous thread.  Wink

prolly had to say that in order to get permission for TES to go there and search  Rolling Eyes

Now that something I can latch onto.  Kiss their ass to gain an ounce of hope that they can finally find their precious daughter.  Even if she's been crammed into a fishtrap and dumped into the ocean by the murdering raping VanDerSloot family.

Now I'm going to get bashed for this, but the tourism numbers are on the rise. Robin and Dave have likely seen this. The boycott is not having alot of effect at this point. IMO.This is what I have read. Everyone needs to make their own personal choice that's the bottom line. If it were my child that disappeared I would continue to ask for a boycott. BUT,if that request was no longer having any effect, the next move might be to suspend the boycott, possibly at the request of officials, to gain whatever co-operation I could. This would also bring Natalee's name into the media again.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2007, 07:33:45 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
OF wrote ;

Has anyone ever seen any newspaper article saying that Aruba's economy has and is being hurt by a Boycott or an Official Statement of some sort that all Arubas would see?
Or how about a poll of Arubans asking if any Boycott is hurting them?

Not since 2006.
I think they mean "hurt feelings". You know people like Arubagirl etc.

Nope..
What I meant to say is
Has anyone conducted a poll of Arubans and asked if they thought their economy was be impacted negatively by any type of "Boycott" or just by the actions of their elected officials. Laughing
That would be interesting to see!
 Be back in a bit, lightening here!
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2007, 07:36:04 PM »

Posted by Medleyrelay at FOB regarding the "Joran" poster at FOB:

To all the trolls that might not know - as I posted it at the good FOB - this is NOT Joran

I was called a troll all day on the UK board, so they must mean me!!!! Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  me happy!!

anyone witness that 'throw down'?

You are officially "Knighted".  Nice job!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #191 on: June 19, 2007, 07:38:37 PM »

Quote from: "IndyDan"
Posted by Medleyrelay at FOB regarding the "Joran" poster at FOB:

To all the trolls that might not know - as I posted it at the good FOB - this is NOT Joran

I was called a troll all day on the UK board, so they must mean me!!!! Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  me happy!!

anyone witness that 'throw down'?

You are officially "Knighted".  Nice job!

Rob.. err. I mean Clarence?  Wink  TY for the links.
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: June 19, 2007, 07:40:05 PM »

IndyDan and all, if that be the case, that this poor family has to kiss more ass after all the ass kissing they have already done for two years. OMG!
This case has to be one of the biggest cases of injustice for American tourists we have seen in awhile.
People will Not forget this, for a long, long time.

I think that's why most of us are here posting in disbelief of the BFN message.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2007, 07:40:50 PM »

Now I'm going to get bashed for this, but the tourism numbers are on the rise. Robin and Dave have likely seen this. The boycott is not having alot of effect at this point. IMO.This is what I have read. Everyone needs to make their own personal choice that's the bottom line. If it were my child that disappeared I would continue to ask for a boycott. BUT,if that request was no longer having any effect, the next move might be to suspend the boycott, possibly at the request of officials, to gain whatever co-operation I could. This would also bring Natalee's name into the media again.

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?p=182868&highlight=#182868

June 18, 2007

Dayhiker wrote:

I am reposting this again for the benefit of those who didn't see them. Aruba's numbers are declining continually in 2007. The occupancy rate is 82%, down from last year and they supposedly have less rooms thi year which should have made that number go up.

Their passenger arrival numbers are dismal. Business was booming in April of 2005 before they decided to disappear Natalee.

CENTRAL BANK OF ARUBA-
TOURISM NUMBERS APRIL 2005-2007

APRIL 2007

Available data show that the average occupancy rate of hotels for April 2007 edged up by 0.7 percentage point to 81.8 percent, after falling slightly by 0.5 percentage point to 82.0 percent for March 2007. The Aruba Tourism Authority has not yet published the data on tourist arrivals and nights spent on the island for March and April 2007.

Since February 2007, the number of cruise passengers has been declining. This number fell again in April and May 2007 by, respectively, 17.3 percent and 25.8 percent, in spite of a 3.4 percent rise in ship calls in April 2007 and a notable 75 percent hike in May 2007. A major factor for this development was the cancellation as of January 2007 of the weekly visits of the Carnival Cruise Lines to Aruba.

In March 2007, the consumer price index went up by 5.0 percent, compared to the corresponding month a year earlier. In contrast, the annual average inflation rate decelerated to 3.7 percent, down from 3.9 percent in March 2006. The consumer price index for April 2007 has not yet been published by the Central Bureau of Statistics.

APRIL 2006

In January 2006, the number of stay-over visitors and their nights spent on the island fell by 15.8 percent and 10.3 percent, respectively, compared to the corresponding month in 2005. The Aruba Tourism Authority has not yet published the data on tourist arrivals and nights spent on the island for February, March and April 2006. However, according to the Department of Immigration, air passenger arrivals dropped by 14.7 percent during the first quarter of 2006 compared to the corresponding quarter a year earlier.

APRIL 2005

The Aruba Tourism Authority has not yet published information on the number of stay-over tourists and their nights spent on the island for the months of March and April 2005. Data on the average hotel occupancy rate show a 0.4 percentage point increase to 85.4 percent compared to the corresponding month of 2004. In April 2005, both cruise passenger arrivals and the number of ship calls rose notably by 15.8 percent and 12.9 percent, respectively, compared to April 2004.

Dayhiker wrote:

JAMAICA TOURISM INCREASES FROM 2005 to 2006

Total Stop-Overs- 13.5% INCREASE

Cruise passengers- 17.6% INCREASE

Tourists from U.S.- 9% INCREASE

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #194 on: June 19, 2007, 07:43:58 PM »

Janet,
  TY .. you read my mind.. cause I recalled Dayhiker posting . Im not good with looking up posts.. Embarassed
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2007, 07:45:16 PM »

I think there is some wisdom in allowing Beth to weigh in on this as well.

hey Angie do you like my hat?

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2007, 07:46:22 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"

Don't you have a tiara that fits, ROFLMAO

Too funny  Laughing  Laughing
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2007, 07:47:17 PM »

I agree with Beth weighing in on this as well.

LOL.. is it a kittys bday?  cute...
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2007, 07:47:31 PM »

BB No bashing here.

I just don't see what any of it has done to help get Natalee home. They just don't care one way or the other. They didn't seem to care they were being boycotted and they surely didn't seem to care that a little girl was missing on their island.

Bottom line in my opinion ~ They don't care and have to live with the decisions they have made. Can't undo the past bad decisions.

jmo anyway

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #199 on: June 19, 2007, 07:48:07 PM »

Awwwwwwwww................

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.