May 17, 2024, 05:19:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #709 12/30 - 1/3/08  (Read 252572 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #460 on: January 01, 2008, 01:50:26 PM »

Gabby ... thank you for sharing the heartfelt words of your poem.  My tears are flowing ...

Hugs

Janet

A RIBBIT NEW YEAR TO YOU MS. JANET!

ribbit and croak to you too Kermit.

Is Miss Piggy making her favorite froggie a shoe-fly pie to celebrate this special New Year's Day?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #461 on: January 01, 2008, 01:50:57 PM »

Honestly, I thought Klaas sounded more southern than anyone, and I always thought she would make a cute little southern belle.  I am sure she would. 

Mrs. Red would make a good female counter to Dana.  She has a good announcer voice. 

San does sound totally Bernadette, just forgot about that. 

I have always thought CBB has a great voice. 

Will not comment on the males except to say they all sound like men.  Of course, Dana has that great radio voice!

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #462 on: January 01, 2008, 01:55:34 PM »

where is Anna Banana today ????? Cool

uh oh... am i starting the new year off on the wrong MECHANICAL FOOT ?? Cool

she cant be mad at me.......for calling her Anna Banana

can she ????????????? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

robots is going to try and be a good robots this year

cant guarantee anything......but im going to try  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #463 on: January 01, 2008, 01:57:33 PM »

What a clever idea having the main personnel here do Happy New Year for the front page.  And no southern accents among them, not even Mrs. Red.   Laughing

It's because at that point I hadn't talked to my family.... after I hang up I always pick my accent back up!!!

I love, love, love San's accent ... gotta tell y'all! 

San definitely has a New Yawk accent, and I loved hearing her.  San is just special at any rate. 

Don't know why but I have never lost my North Carolina accent regardless of where I lived and how long, but I never lived in North Carolina.  Everyone who knows me, however, guesses I am from North Carolina and always have.  Oh, Lord, does that mean I sound like John Edwards!?!  Grrrr.  I hope not.  I think he has a pretentious South Alabama accent like the ones they do in the movies of Southerners, that are so poorly done and sound nothing like Southerners.

I was so nervous leaving the message.  I can't stand to hear my voice.  You have to see me when I have to change my voicemail at work what a project.  Laughing

One of these days Tyler it would be great to hear your voice.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #464 on: January 01, 2008, 01:57:45 PM »

Gabby ... thank you for sharing the heartfelt words of your poem.  My tears are flowing ...

Hugs

Janet

Is Miss Piggy making her favorite froggie a shoe-fly pie to celebrate this special New Year's Day?

Janet

She said she would lick my ears and make me shoe-fly pie!

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #465 on: January 01, 2008, 01:58:39 PM »

What a clever idea having the main personnel here do Happy New Year for the front page.  And no southern accents among them, not even Mrs. Red.   Laughing

It's because at that point I hadn't talked to my family.... after I hang up I always pick my accent back up!!!

San definitely has a New Yawk accent, and I loved hearing her.  San is just special at any rate. 

Don't know why but I have never lost my North Carolina accent regardless of where I lived and how long, but I never lived in North Carolina.  Everyone who knows me, however, guesses I am from North Carolina and always have.  Oh, Lord, does that mean I sound like John Edwards!?!  Grrrr.  I hope not.  I think he has a pretentious South Alabama accent like the ones they do in the movies of Southerners, that are so poorly done and sound nothing like Southerners.

I was so nervous leaving the message.  I can't stand to hear my voice.  You have to see me when I have to change my voicemail at work what a project.  Laughing

LOL

i dont think anyone thinks they sound like themselves

its kind of kookie  Cool

- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #466 on: January 01, 2008, 01:59:36 PM »

Hugs

Janet

Janet

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

- A Horse's Tale
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #467 on: January 01, 2008, 02:00:05 PM »

Honestly, I thought Klaas sounded more southern than anyone, and I always thought she would make a cute little southern belle.  I am sure she would. 

Mrs. Red would make a good female counter to Dana.  She has a good announcer voice. 

San does sound totally Bernadette, just forgot about that. 

I have always thought CBB has a great voice. 

Will not comment on the males except to say they all sound like men.  Of course, Dana has that great radio voice!

Klaas is Southern....she is just geographically misplaced.
Personally.....I don't have a lick of an accent of any kind. Laughing Laughing Laughing

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #468 on: January 01, 2008, 02:04:24 PM »

Hugs

Janet

Janet

You lucky frog!

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #469 on: January 01, 2008, 02:09:17 PM »

Oh, San, since I have MS, I  stutter a bit so I don't like to even talk on the phone anymore but before that, I did like to speak in public.  (Back to the days of being a thespian and failing to be big time, adopted the English major).  Rolling Eyes  What can a thespian who stutters do better?!?   Laughing Laughing

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #470 on: January 01, 2008, 02:12:12 PM »

I thought Klaas sounded liked I thought CBB would and vise versa.....

Kermie... don't tell REd about that special treatment, he might expect some kind of special treat himself!

San, You sound so adorable....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
GabbyG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #471 on: January 01, 2008, 02:16:01 PM »

Beautiful poem Gabby

Gabby that was so very sweet and nice.  It made me so angry all over again that this has to be.  I am touched.  That is very hard for me to deal with as I can work and research as long as the anger is not draining me when I don't think of the realality of the pain.  It is a good poem and it brings out feelings that are a part of me I do not like to come into play when I work on this.  Thanks though for allowing this bit of humanity to surface.  As hard as it is, it needs to surface in bits at a time.  Jack Blue

Jack, your post especially touched me. Thank you for sharing that. It is a very emotional time for all of us who have come to care about Natalee, with a new year beginning and the search we SO want to be successful. I just wanted to begin the year with something positive for us to think about, and to give a bit of encouragement to the families and the crew of the Persistence.
Again, thank you for sharing so honestly.
Gabby

Please Angels, watch over all our lost children.

My Emmy, my ears. I am deaf and my Lab Emmy hears for me, and does her job well! She is my fur baby and is much loved. Applaud our working animals, they have earned it.

"A lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joran van der Sloot
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #472 on: January 01, 2008, 02:19:30 PM »

Gabby, that was a beautiful poem!

Monkeys... heading out for a while... don't forget to pop over to musings and make your comments on my question

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #473 on: January 01, 2008, 02:22:48 PM »

Hugs

Janet

Janet

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

It's going to be a good year!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: January 01, 2008, 02:22:57 PM »

Taking a short break from work.

Dana Pretzer show with Larry Garrison 12/28 - transcribed by Heli at RU (I missed this show)

Dana Pretzer Show
December 28, 2007

Larry Garrison and Robin Sax, L.A. Deputy DA

Transcribed from podcast

Dana:

Larry, Aruba, you know there's a story, of course you're written a book on, you're close with the family, interviewed with me many many times on this topic. We've seen this story spin 360 degrees, backwards, forwards. There's an underwater search going on right now to find Natalee. We've had everything from boycotts of the island to threats of violence, you name it, this thing has gone absolutely crazy.

The sad part about this whole issue is that there's a family still without answers, there's an island that's unsafe and there's the hope that we all have that Natalee will be found and can be laid to rest but who knows.

Here's a story we need to spend some time with, you've written a book about it, I want to start with you

Larry Garrison:

Well, first and foremost I wrote the book with my sister, R. Stephanie Good and Dave Holloway and it's funny, I just got off the phone with Stephanie and I have never come out and verbalized in the way I'm going to do this with you because I was never in a position to, there was always false hope that things would be settled, that things would come to be. I've lost my hope in as far as, I believe someday, someone may come forward. I believe the truth does come out in the end, but I never came forward and said that I, with the aid of my sister Stephanie, brought Joran van der Sloot to New York and I brought him there knowing and feeling that he was lying, that he would go on Good Morning, America and be caught in a lie like Scott Peterson was with Diane Sawyer. I was hoping that maybe he would slip up. He came to me, he wanted me to write a book for him; he gave me information that nobody had. I had documents from Aruba, from the FBI. I saw things, heard things and more important heard things between him and Deepak who was going to come here also at one point. They were so inconsistent with what they had to say about the whole story that it is my opinion that Deepak, Satish and Joran killed Natalee. It is my opinion that Paulus van der Sloot helped the boys get rid of Natalee and beyond a shadow of a doubt, when I hear Joe Tacopina on tv speaking about the innocence of his client, I have a son, I have two daughters and I'll tell ya, I'm infuriated that it got to this point and that Aruba played these families just for the sake of lifting the boycott.

I can tell you one thing, this boycott will never go away until the truth comes out and Dana, I have never come out, you know we've talked about it in the book and I've danced around on tv, but this last fiasco was sad, really sad.

Now, one other thing I want to point out, I'd be speaking to Dave Holloway in his home while the press was reporting that he was in Aruba; shame on the press, shame on the spin, shame on what they allowed these people to get away with. I set up the interview with Greta and Joran van der Sloot and he had his speech down so pat. For someone to come on like Greta, and I love Greta, she's a journalist, and say 'I think he's probably innocent', you know that's not journalism at its best and I do hope that somebody, someday comes out and tells the truth so Dave Holloway and Beth can put their head on the pillow at night and at least have some sort of an answer.

Dana:

We've all given up, so to speak, from our perspective as far as justice in Aruba. I suppose anything is possible Robin, but the whole question and you mentioned it earlier about you putting on your district attorney hat and the jury pool; here you have a case and you covered the Holloway disappearance and you and I have talked about this, where you have hosts going out and interviewing potential witnesses that may or may not have spoken to the police. You have hosts that are basically giving their opinion, saying they believe a person after a very rehearsed interview, softball questions etc. You know, where did they go wrong? Is this a salvageable case or was it just the ball was dropped from the get go and we'll never see an answer as far as a court disposition when it comes to Holloway and the island of Aruba?

Robin Sax
Los Angeles Deputy District Attorney:

I have to say, with this second arrest and release, it makes it an uphill battle in terms of a prosecution. If there was a filing and a case after that second arrest, even though there had been all of the discussion and all of the media involved over the course of the last few years, it was still a workable case. It would be fine, it would be difficult but it would be fine.

At this point I think it would be an uphill battle absent some completely new, separate, unexposed, true pieces of evidence or statements or anything along those lines.

I mean, there are cases that get solved many, many years later and obviously there are cases that are without bodies, there's no requirement or need for a body but I think in this case, unfortunately what the media will have done, is you have kind of changed the standard of proof.

What Aruba will do, I'm thinking about it with the United States of America criminal justice system, not in the aruban criminal justice system which I'm questioning the 'justice' part of that justice system right now

Dana:

Again, the aruban system, we've all sat here and I've interviewed many people directly involved including the family members and both of you and we all have to agree that the aruban justice system is a head scratcher to say the least, but you know I've been maybe hard sometimes on defense attorneys and I know the system as well as anyone and there's a place for everyone, there are many, many, many, many, many good defense attorneys out there but I've been a little hard on some and Joe Tacopina for instance, I've called him a loud mouthed, New York lawyer and I don't mean to label New York lawyers as loud mouths but you know Robin, when it comes to these types of high profile cases and the Holloway case for example, a good defense attorney uses the media as much as they can, do they not?

Robin Sax:

They can, it depends what their client is like. I usually find that really skilled defense attorneys just advise their clients to keep their mouths shut to everybody: police, media, everyone included. Obviously if you don't have a Fifth Amendment Miranda right that kicks in when you're being interviewed on the television and you're freely involved in making statements and it's not a law enforcment person, those statements can be used against you.

But you have to be really rehearsed and you have to have a lot of faith in your client to be able to pull it off so I think if there's minor stakes, using the media is one thing but I don't think a really skilled attorney is going to put his client out there for a prosecutor to later pick apart that argument or use it in a trial.

I mean, the Spector case is a perfect example

** omitting irrelevant Spector case comments

Dana:

Larry. you've written the book with your sister and Dave Holloway, and if you and Steph and Dave sat down a year from now and wanted to write an epilogue to the story, what would you hope that epilogue would be?

Garrison:

Well, we all hope and pray that there'll be resolution; that Dave and Beth will find out what happened to their daughter and I don't think they will ever give up.

Recently there was talk of finalizing a chapter and having answer but without, you know it's not like doing movies, right now I could do a movie and end it with a crawl at the end that we're awaiting an answer, for someone to come forward on Natalee Holloway's murder or disappearance and boycott Aruba.

In a book, at this point, until there is something that is concrete, it's been the neverending story and the good part about this is, is that I don't think Dave and Beth will settle for an ending until they get the truth and a lot of people came to me and they were very angry with Stephanie and I and said 'why did you chooose a young blond girl from down South instead of a black girl from Washington, D.C. that was missing'

Natalee became the symbol of everybody's child and it is my opinion that Natalee's case will keep on going all through next year, that it's not going to end because we have people on our websites, we have people that are infuriated, do you know that Joran van der Sloot had the audacity to make a statement to a paper that he's sorry it didn't go to trial Well, we're sorry it didn't go to trial also but it will go to trial someday. I do believe that somebody is going to come forward. I do believe there's a chance now that they may find her body but you know, these 3 kids can't have the perfect crime. I believe somebody, somewhere along the line is going to realise that 'hey, we can make some money off of this', there's a reward, I can have a claim to fame, there's somebody going to come forward, this is not going to go away Dana.

And the answer to all this is boycott Aruba big time.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #475 on: January 01, 2008, 02:23:42 PM »

Hugs

Janet

Janet

You lucky frog!

Miss Magnolia,

I am the luckiest frog in the world!

make that sometimes...........

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: January 01, 2008, 02:24:36 PM »

FYI - Heli thinks that Larry Garrison and RED are the same person, LOLOL  Laughing Laughing
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #477 on: January 01, 2008, 02:27:37 PM »

Thank you Klassend for posting that.

Miss Piggy just threw out the Dutch butter.
She is sending me to the store to buy American cow butter.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #478 on: January 01, 2008, 02:28:21 PM »

FYI - Heli thinks that Larry Garrison and RED are the same person, LOLOL  Laughing Laughing

Please tell Heli, Larry is nothing like RED at all!
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #479 on: January 01, 2008, 02:29:48 PM »

TWO TOURISTS IN ARUBA YAY!

ROBOTS,

KEEP WEARING THAT T-SHIRT AND LET'S CUT THIS DOWN TO ZERO TOURISTS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.