May 22, 2024, 02:02:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #480 6/25 - 6/26/2006  (Read 177761 times)
MominTN
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #200 on: June 26, 2006, 09:48:06 AM »

Why is the time wrong on this discussion board?  Is this Netherland's time?
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2006, 09:50:01 AM »

Good morning monkey friends.....having coffee and reading back over last night's posts.....

my thoughts this morning....I live away from home and away from family and childhood friends....I love knowing all of you....I find that I talk about you as real people....I know (as much as one can) your on line names, recognize your avatar, know where most live and what some do for a living.....after a year, we all have "personalities" and I really like that.... Smile

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2006, 09:51:42 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!  III'MMM Back!!

I see there has been some server problems since I been gone.  Hope it all gets fixed up soon.

Anything new going on?  I read the interview w/Kimberly & Jossy about the witness.  I guess other than that, not much happening.

Oh well, good to be back anyhow.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2006, 09:52:09 AM »

Quote from: "MominTN"
Why is the time wrong on this discussion board?  Is this Netherland's time?

Is the time right for you now...?  Mine changes when I sign in....now I am on EST.... Smile

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #204 on: June 26, 2006, 09:53:26 AM »

Hi Kimmy....have you been on vacation?

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #205 on: June 26, 2006, 09:58:10 AM »

In 1929 there was nothing but red roads and misery in the south.  A weighted down FORD rumbled down the back roads of Mississippi, leaving a cloud of red dust in its wake.

Yesterday, I woke to hear a knock upon my door.  More than a knock….
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #206 on: June 26, 2006, 09:59:57 AM »

My mom and dad were 12 years old...tell me more, Easy.....

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #207 on: June 26, 2006, 10:06:45 AM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
Hi Kimmy....have you been on vacation?

Oh yes MeMere.... I was off of work 6/15 until this a.m.(Yuk)  I had a great time... We went camping at the beach for 5 days then I spent time at home the rest of the time.  I miss my kids today.  It spoiled me being able to be with them for so long.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #208 on: June 26, 2006, 10:11:55 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Klaas,

I understand there is a high cost to retrieve data from the old dead hard drives. We have lost tons of precious information. We're unlikely to see that info ever again. I'd love to be proven wrong. If the damn drives didn't die in the first place, we would not be facing the situation of retrieval.

I'm writing about preventing this from happening again. Isn't that what you, Red, Mrs. Red and Tom want?

Since the Server company has failed us TWICE, why continue with that unreliable company?  Are we gonna wait for it to happen a third and fourth time?

If you can't ask the Server company what brand of hard drive they are using, as well as if the drive is new or refurbished, or why the drives are dying so often, then there is something VERY off and very wrong in the BUSINESS relationship between Scared Monkeys and the Server company.

These are not stupid questions. They are very important questions.

Are we gonna wait for it to happen a third and fourth time? What can be done?  And again, this is none of my business but I have invested over a year of my time on this board trying to solve the case. All the precious posts are gone.

BRAVO Mama Louise.  Are they sure that the hard drives are corrupt? My computer died once and was able to retrieve the data.  Reformated the drive and used it again.  The next time my computer died, I took the old drive and used it as a peripheral drive with my new computer.

Also, is there not a way to do a backup at the server level or otherwise?
How much money would be involved in retrieving the info from the first hard drive?  Any IT people in SM or their spouses, family etc that could do that?

Sorry about even more questions.  Just trying to help and/or understand.

Well, it's kinda like racing cars, it costs money to go fast, so how fast you wanna go depends on how much money you want to throw at the car.

Same with online servers, fast connections, fast servers, mirrored harddrives, failover systems, system restorations all cost money.

It would appear for an essentially 'free' site it is trying to get by with a somewhat budget approach.

Can you really be upset with that?

THANK YOU CARNUT....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #209 on: June 26, 2006, 10:11:57 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
In 1929 there was nothing but red roads and misery in the south.  A weighted down FORD rumbled down the back roads of Mississippi, leaving a cloud of red dust in its wake.

Yesterday, I woke to hear a knock upon my door.  More than a knock….

John Steinbeck.

Hey I am home today. Got 1/2 way to work, got sick on bus.
Came home.

Easy, did you grow up in the South ? Did your family go thru the Depression ?
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: June 26, 2006, 10:12:13 AM »

Solo Di Pueblo  June 22, 2006 - 24 pages
5th selection from the top of the page
Pages 18 - 19
Part 2 of Jossy Mansur radio Interview
http://tinyurl.com/k3fcv

You do not have to register or sign in; just c l i c k

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2006, 10:12:34 AM »

Kimmy - Welcome back - how was your vacation?

Peaches
I am marinating chicken for dinner in Lemon Pepper Marinade
Making Asparagus and some red potatoes!

Yesterday I made some mussels in lemon, garlic, wine, butter, olive oil, saffron, lobster broth, black pepper,parsley and a pinch of curry.

served them up in bowl with a chunk of french bread for dipping!

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2006, 10:12:38 AM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
Good morning monkey friends.....having coffee and reading back over last night's posts.....

my thoughts this morning....I live away from home and away from family and childhood friends....I love knowing all of you....I find that I talk about you as real people....I know (as much as one can) your on line names, recognize your avatar, know where most live and what some do for a living.....after a year, we all have "personalities" and I really like that.... Smile

I know what you mean.

Welcome home, Kimmy.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2006, 10:19:27 AM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
Kimmy - Welcome back - how was your vacation?

Peaches
I am marinating chicken for dinner in Lemon Pepper Marinade
Making Asparagus and some red potatoes!

Yesterday I made some mussels in lemon, garlic, wine, butter, olive oil, saffron, lobster broth, black pepper,parsley and a pinch of curry.

served them up in bowl with a chunk of french bread for dipping!

Thanks fm - I had the best time (Spent time w/ hubby & kids)  We camped out at the beach -

I did miss you guys though.  

Hi Peaches! Thanks... This really feels like home.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #214 on: June 26, 2006, 10:20:03 AM »

Quote from: Easywriter
Easywriter wrote:

Sky turns to black and thunder rolls across the horizon, while children cry. Yesterday becomes tomorrow and the cycle continues.

A knock on the door becomes a pounding sound and a startled soul stumbles to his feet.

“What? What? I’m coming!”

Latches on the paneled door begin to flip and twist as….

Mrs. Red: the rain begins to pound the porch in buckets of hard driving force. She frantically begins to pound harder on the door, while sobs rack her body...

and sap her consciousness. With no warning, the barrier between the present and what will inevitably be, yields with an thud, as she tumbles down, vaguely aware of falling, spiraling down,  to the dry wood floor in a wet silent heap.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2006, 10:20:53 AM »

Easywriter wrote:

Sky turns to black and thunder rolls across the horizon, while children cry. Yesterday becomes tomorrow and the cycle continues.

A knock on the door becomes a pounding sound and a startled soul stumbles to his feet.

Mrs. Red: the rain begins to pound the porch in buckets of hard driving force. She frantically begins to pound harder on the door, while sobs rack her body...

I like it!  We need to start a thread and continue the story!  We could just put thoughts out there and let the story do the driving.  At some point we could pull it all together and make it a collective effort.  I'm sure it would become a first, minds crossing all boundaries and congealing into a cohesive work.

We could give it an appropriate title, Monkey Business.

I'm game!  Love that kind of thing...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
crazybabyborg
« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2006, 10:24:16 AM »

Hi all! OK, where's the edit button?  Laughing  "an thud" should be "a thud".

Ever notice that somewhere between the cyber world of submitting and posting, there's a "spell, grammer, and typo " Gremlin?  Embarassed
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2006, 10:29:55 AM »

WHEW! Good to see we're back up!

I'm about to pull out of Houston and start the way back to B'ham. Everything went just fine yesterday.

I'll be checking back later and see what I've missed.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #218 on: June 26, 2006, 10:30:15 AM »

Quote from: crazybabyborg
Easywriter wrote:

and sap her consciousness. With no warning, the barrier between the present and what will inevitably be, yields with a thud, as she tumbles down, vaguely aware of falling, spiraling down,  to the dry wood floor in a wet silent heap.
[/color]

There, that's as close to an edit as I can do. You guys are better at this than I am, but Easy you do have a way of drawing a reader in, and Mrs. Red, you are a great partner for him! Great job, guys!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #219 on: June 26, 2006, 10:33:53 AM »

I gotta run..............I didn't purposefully make the font so big in my last post. I don't know what happened. Sorry! I wouldn't yell at any of you, 'cause I wub you all!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.