May 15, 2024, 08:14:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amanda Berry, missing since 4/21/2003 Cleveland, OH(Found Safe!)  (Read 99241 times)
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2013, 08:38:48 AM »

Yeah the girl in that picture looks really young...like child age young.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2013, 09:36:17 AM »

Listening to the dispatcher, it seems she didn't believe her.  Actually, seemed kind of rude to me.  Anyone else feel that way?  "I told you, talk to the police when they get there."  I would have kept her on the phone, poor girl.

Totally agree! It was odd that the 911 dispatcher did not stay on the phone with her until the police got there! It was obvious that Amanda was distraught and was seeking comfort and reassurance that she was safe.
I just read that the dispatcher is being investigated!

I hope so too she did sound like she cared at all she should have stayed on the phone with that poor girl and thank god for good men like Charles Ramsey

Change that it was NOT him that kicked in the door he got involve after the fact per CNN news

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2013, 11:00:08 AM »

Listening to the dispatcher, it seems she didn't believe her.  Actually, seemed kind of rude to me.  Anyone else feel that way?  "I told you, talk to the police when they get there."  I would have kept her on the phone, poor girl.

Totally agree! It was odd that the 911 dispatcher did not stay on the phone with her until the police got there! It was obvious that Amanda was distraught and was seeking comfort and reassurance that she was safe.

I hope so too she did sound like she cared at all she should have stayed on the phone with that poor girl and thank god for good men like Charles Ramsey

Change that it was NOT him that kicked in the door he got involve after the fact per CNN news

I read that too Blonde. Also that he had been arrested for domestic violence a few years ago.
But he is still a hero in my book. THe women involved will be able to speak as to who was the first to save them.
Everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon when incidents happen. The people who said that they had seen the women on all fours in the backyard were not telling the truth according to reports from the women involved. Of course there could have been other women, but these 3 victims are saying  that it was not them

crazybabyborg
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2013, 11:01:05 AM »

I think this guy is justification for bringing back the "drawn and quartered" method of inflicting the death penalty. I can't stand to even look at him.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2013, 11:30:06 AM »

Tales of abuse from inside Cleveland home where three women were held captive

By JENNIFER BAIN and LORENA MONGELLI in Cleveland and DAN MACLEOD in New York
Last Updated: 9:56 AM, May 9, 2013
Posted: 1:47 AM, May 9, 2013

(ME)
I do not know if this article is totally true or not. 

http://www.nypost.com/

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/captive_gals_endless_abuse_u7gz80eEceLeOys9QkXhDO

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2013, 11:45:37 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/09/cleveland-judge-sets-ariel-castro-bail-at-2-million-per-charge-at-arraignment/

Ariel Castro is now the ‘captive,’ Cleveland prosecutor says at bail hearing
Published May 09, 2013

Ariel Castro, the man police say kidnapped and held captive three girls for more than a decade, was arraigned inside Cleveland Municipal Court Thursday morning where the judge set bail at $2 million for each criminal count he faces.

Ariel Castro, who wore a navy blue jumpsuit and tucked his chin inside his collar at the hearing, did not speak and was read the charges of four counts of kidnapping and rape and one count of kidnapping.

Brian Murphy, the assistant prosecutor, said Ariel Castro kidnapped the three women to use them in a "self-gratifying," "self-serving" way.

Two of the alleged victims,  Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus, were reunited with relatives Wednesday in Cleveland. They were greeted by supporters and a large media presence outside the homes. Amanda Berry was seen from a helicopter entering her sister's home with her 6-year-old girl police say she delivered while being held captive.

Michelle Knight, another alleged victim, has been hospitalized at MetroHealth in the area and listed Thursday in good condition.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2013, 12:19:59 PM »

Two-page article with videos

Ariel Castro's Bond Set at $8M in Cleveland Kidnapping
May 9, 2013

Bail was set at $2 million per case, for a total of $8 million. Castro is an unemployed, former school bus driver.

Castro likely will face additional charges after a grand jury hearing. He was represented today by a public defender.

The court documents released Wednesday give the clearest clues yet in the investigation on how the women were treated in captivity. Ariel Castro lured each victim from the street and into his car, according to the documents. Knight was abducted first in 2002 and brought to the kidnap suspect's modest two-story home on Seymour Avenue. She would later be joined by Berry in 2003 and DeJesus a year later.

Police made it clear they believe that each kidnap victim was "repeatedly sexually assaulted by the defendant," and that the abuse occurred "during the entire course of captivity," according to charging documents filed in court Wednesday.

The women were initially chained in the basement and sexually assaulted, a senior official from the Cleveland Police Department told ABC News. Later, when their "spirits were broken," they were allowed to be in other parts of the house, the official said.

Knight, Castro's first alleged kidnapping victim, told police she was impregnated five times by Castro, ABC News affiliate WEWS-TV reported. In each case, she reportedly was made to abort the fetus when he punched her in the belly.

Berry, however, delivered her tormentor's apparent child six years ago in a small inflatable pool "so the mess was easy to clean up," a law enforcement source told WEWS.

The little girl, named Jocelyn, was born Christmas Day in 2006, the mother told her family in a phone call on Tuesday, according to WEWS.

Jocelyn, police say, was the captive who had the most freedom, officials said. The 6-year-old left the house occasionally with the suspect, Cleveland Chief of Police Michael McGrath told ABC News. Police said they were conducting a paternity test and were not yet certain the baby was fathered by Castro.

"She did leave the house. I have information that she did leave the house occasionally with the suspect," McGrath said Wednesday

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2013, 01:40:48 PM »

Yeah the girl in that picture looks really young...like child age young.

That's what I thought Seahorse

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2013, 02:15:06 PM »

where to go to check on AC court proceedings
click on criminal doc @ link
yes
check box
CRIMINAL SEARCH BY NAME
castro ariel

there are 2 this is the the new one
Case Number Case Status Filing Date Jail / Bail Status
BO-13-6298AI CASE OPEN 05/09/2013 JAIL

then the pg tabs
BO-13-6298AI   THE STATE OF OHIO vs. ARIEL CASTRO
Case Summary  |  Docket  |  Costs  |  Defendant  |  Attorney  |  New Search
there is a Printer Friendly Version  tab to the far right
link
http://coc.cuyahogacounty.us/
-------------------------------------------
from the Case Summary tab
Charges are 4 KIDNAPPING 3 RAPE
Bond Number Amount Type Date Set Date Posted Bondsman/Surety Co.
629158      $8,000,000.00 CASH/SURETY/PROP. 05/09/2013
-------------------------------------------------
from the docket tab,this is what happened today
BO-13-6298AI   THE STATE OF OHIO vs. ARIEL CASTRO
Proceeding Date Filing Date Side Type
05/09/2013   05/09/2013       N/A    CS
Description
CLEVELAND MUNI COURT COST, CASE 2013CRA012186, 2013CRA012187, 2013CRA012188 AND 2013CRA012189

05/09/2013  05/09/2013 N/A GP
Description
CASH/SURETY/PROP. BOND SET , AMOUNT $8,000,000.00 / NO CONTACT WITH VICTIM

05/09/2013 05/09/2013 N/A CR
Description
TRANSCRIPT FILED

Description
BINDOVER CIF#CI136298AI

Description
CIF ENTERED

05/06/2013 05/09/2013 N/A CR
Description
ARRESTED 05/06/2013

08/22/2002 05/09/2013 N/A CR
Description
DATE OF OFFENSE 08/22/2002

from the attorney tab
No attorneys found for this case

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2013, 02:48:56 PM »

I read that too Blonde. Also that he had been arrested for domestic violence a few years ago.
But he is still a hero in my book. THe women involved will be able to speak as to who was the first to save them.
Everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon when incidents happen. The people who said that they had seen the women on all fours in the backyard were not telling the truth according to reports from the women involved. Of course there could have been other women, but these 3 victims are saying  that it was not them

I read that too Cookie. What ever his past is so be it. He was there and helped  Amanda and the others. Why do the media have to bring up his past. It's like they can't just be happy. grrrrrrrr

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2013, 04:57:57 PM »

yes i think Charles is getting a bad deal in the media,the media has failed to say
he has a job and is giving, if any reward is offered to the victims, JMO i think his
experience with his domestic violence issues,prob helped him in his decisions at
that moment,i dont care who did what when,im just thrilled they chose to act
rather than stand at, not my prob,chit some kind of DV,just means trouble for me
the hill with it. all are a part of a miraculous event, 4 lives saved,from the hand
and mind of a evil,evil man
lets dance to this miracle of miracles

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2013, 05:13:43 PM »

https://twitter.com/ABCWorldNews

ABC World News ‏@ABCWorldNews 21m
JUST IN: In an interview today with @DavidMuir, Gina DeJesus' mother, Nancy Ruiz, revealed she has known Ariel Castro for years.

ABC World News ‏@ABCWorldNews 18m
MORE: Ruiz said Castro spoke to her on several occasions after her daughter disappeared. This past year he asked her, "How are you doing?"

Tonight, @DavidMuir interviews Gina DeJesus' mother. Find out what Gina asked her family to do on her 1st night home. pic.twitter.com/DOV3XrGshK

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2013, 05:20:41 PM »

https://twitter.com/ABCWorldNews

ABC World News ‏@ABCWorldNews 21m
JUST IN: In an interview today with @DavidMuir, Gina DeJesus' mother, Nancy Ruiz, revealed she has known Ariel Castro for years.

ABC World News ‏@ABCWorldNews 18m
MORE: Ruiz said Castro spoke to her on several occasions after her daughter disappeared. This past year he asked her, "How are you doing?"

Tonight, @DavidMuir interviews Gina DeJesus' mother. Find out what Gina asked her family to do on her 1st night home. pic.twitter.com/DOV3XrGshK

evil POS 

im goning to go mow the lawn and then have a drink

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2013, 05:35:35 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ariel-castro-held-on-8-million-bond/2013/05/09/d696e8ae-b8a4-11e2-b94c-b684dda07add_story.html
Ohio prosecutor to seek murder charges against Ariel Castro
May 9, 2013

An Ohio prosecutor said Thursday he intends to pursue capital murder charges, as well as counts for kidnapping and rape, against Ariel Castro, the Cleveland man accused of holding three women and a child captive for years in his rundown home.

Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy McGinty told reporters that aggravated murder charges could be filed in connection with miscarriages that police say one of the abducted women suffered when Castro used force to terminate her pregnancies after repeatedly raping her.
“The law of Ohio calls for the death penalty for those most depraved criminals who commit aggravated murder during the course of a kidnapping,” McGinty said at a news conference. He also said that Castro, who was charged Wednesday with four counts of kidnapping and three counts of rape, would face justice for every act of sexual violence, assault and other crimes against the women, meaning that the counts could add up to hundreds.

Earlier Thursday, Castro, 52, was ordered held on $8 million bond in the case, which came to light Monday night when Amanda Berry, a 27-year-old woman abducted a decade ago, escaped and alerted authorities.

Castro is charged with kidnapping Berry, as well as Gina DeJesus, Michelle Knight and a 6-year-old girl to whom Berry gave birth while being held captive. Law enforcement authorities say he repeatedly raped DeJesus, Knight and Berry.

Judge Lauren Moore calculated bail at $2 million per victim, including the little girl.
Dozens of cameras clicked incessantly during the brief hearing in Cleveland Municipal Court. Castro, a former school bus driver who lost his job last year because of repeated misconduct, kept his eyes lowered and his chin tucked into the zipped top of a dark blue jacket or jumpsuit. At times, he appeared to be chewing on the collar.

His attorney, apparently seeking a manageable bail, told Moore that Castro was a longtime resident of Cleveland, with no prior felony convictions and limited financial resources, living off an unemployment check.

But Brian Murphy, an assistant Cuyahoga County prosecutor, asked for bond of $5 million, saying Castro put the women through a “horrifying ordeal” that included repeated beatings and sexual assaults, and periods of being bound and restrained inside Castro’s home.

“They were never free to leave this residence,” Murphy said, describing the house on Seymour Avenue as “a prison for these three women.”
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2013, 05:39:06 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/05/09/celebrity-psychic-sylvia-browne-under-fire-for-telling-amanda-berrys-mom-was/

Celebrity psychic Sylvia Browne hit for telling mom of Amanda Berry she was dead

By Hollie McKay

Pop Tarts

Published May 09, 2013

LOS ANGELES –  In the days since Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, and Michelle Knight emerged from their decade-long captivity in a home in Cleveland, Ohio, celebrity psychic Sylvia Browne has come under scrutiny for her incorrect prediction regarding Berry’s fate.

In 2004, the year following the then 16-year-old schoolgirl’s disappearance, Browne appeared on “The Montel Williams” show and told Berry’s distraught mother Louwana Miller – who died from heart failure a year later – that her daughter was “in heaven and on the other side” and that her last words were “goodbye, mom, I love you.”

Turns out Browne was wrong, and thousands of people have flooded her Facebook page to tell her what they think.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2013, 05:40:50 PM »

Castro's attorney is seeking a "manageable bail" so his client can get out of jail.  How's it feel to be incarcerated Ariel?!  He may be safer in jail than out, if ya'll know what I mean.  There are many people outraged by what he's done to the women he abducted.  He also may not have any prior felon convictions, but looking at the multiple, evil things he's accused of, that doesn't matter, imo.  He's a flight risk and possibly a suicide risk.  He's a danger to others, looking at some of what he's done.  We don't even know all of it yet.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2013, 05:43:20 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/05/09/celebrity-psychic-sylvia-browne-under-fire-for-telling-amanda-berrys-mom-was/

Celebrity psychic Sylvia Browne hit for telling mom of Amanda Berry she was dead

By Hollie McKay

Pop Tarts

Published May 09, 2013

LOS ANGELES –  In the days since Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, and Michelle Knight emerged from their decade-long captivity in a home in Cleveland, Ohio, celebrity psychic Sylvia Browne has come under scrutiny for her incorrect prediction regarding Berry’s fate.

In 2004, the year following the then 16-year-old schoolgirl’s disappearance, Browne appeared on “The Montel Williams” show and told Berry’s distraught mother Louwana Miller – who died from heart failure a year later – that her daughter was “in heaven and on the other side” and that her last words were “goodbye, mom, I love you.”

Turns out Browne was wrong, and thousands of people have flooded her Facebook page to tell her what they think.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2013, 05:48:42 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/studentnews/ohio-castro-daughter/?sr=google_news&google_editors_picks=true
Cleveland suspect's daughter in prison for slashing baby's throat
May 9, 2013

(CNN) -- The daughter of Ariel Castro, the primary suspect in the abduction of three women found alive this week, is serving a 25-year sentence in an Indiana prison for the attempted murder of her baby six years ago.
Emily Castro was sentenced to 30 years with five years suspended. A judge found Castro guilty but mentally ill of cutting her 11-month-old daughter four times on the neck in April 2007.
An appeal, filed in late 2008, was denied by an Indiana court.
Legal documents state that on April 4, 2007, Castro, 19 at the time, was upset that her boyfriend -- the baby's father -- had moved out of the family's home in Fort Wayne. She took the baby into a garage and cut her neck four times with a knife.

Castro also cut her own neck and wrists

Police were summoned to the house by a passerby who came upon Castro's mother carrying the baby and running from the home. Officers found Castro covered in mud, water and blood. Castro told paramedics she had tried to drown herself in a creek, according to an appeals court decision document.
The baby survived.
According to the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette, the defense argued at trial that Castro had suffered from mental depression and became paranoid, thinking her family was trying to kill her and the baby.
The judge found that Castro still had the ability to know right from wrong.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2013, 06:06:54 PM »

I think this was done pretty well 

http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/09/charles-ramsey-amanda-berry-auto-tune-song-dead-giveaway/
crazybabyborg
« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2013, 06:49:33 PM »

Oh man! That's awesome!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.