May 05, 2024, 05:34:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sierra Lamar #2 4/21/12 -  (Read 395406 times)
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2012, 11:13:55 AM »

From what I'm reading, I get the impression that he was arrested because LE thought he might take another girl.  Almost sounds like he was trolling.  I'm thinking he had noticed Sierra and started watching her.  He had to have known her habits to have picked the perfect time to snatch her when she was home alone and no one in the neighborhood was around to see anything. 

As for the friends comments about what a great guy he is...well, this wouldn't be the first time a 'great' guy proved to be a real sociopath. 

Yep, exactly what I am thinking.  I do not believe that this is his first kidnapping...or at least attempted.  Also, true in regards to "nice" guys or "great" guys being capable of things like this...I tell my kids...never be too cautious...even the devil can be "nice."  I probably scare the crud out of them.  But, I had rather them be scared and alive...than too trusting and be placed in a bad situation.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2012, 11:16:03 AM »

This is posted from a friend of the suspects:

Becki Armenta
49 minutes ago
Suspect does not = murderer.
Pray for sierra♥
Pray for Him, and his little family.♥
he is a good person and I cant believe he would do this. he has such a big heart and was always there for me when i was having problems, all he would say is lets go put milk away ha ha in other words we would sit in the dairy cooler and talk. I hope he gets let go soon this is ridiculous...

https://www.facebook.com/omgitsbeckiarmenta?ref=ts

Just goes to show you Anyone can be the killer and some would never suspect!
IMO she could have been a victim someday as well. Seems he may be involved in other rapes as early as 2009.
I can't help but wonder if he killed others as well. He was the same guy in Willow Glen attempt the girl thankfully got away. In broad daylight too!

Yes, it is very scary to think who could be around us. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2012, 11:26:43 AM »

This is interesting...when looking up the Safeway in Morgan Hill:

http://www.fugitive.com/2009/03/24/assault-morgan-hill-sketch-of-unknown-suspect-who-attacked-women-safeway/

On March 19, a 36-year-old Morgan Hill woman reported she was followed to her car in the parking lot of the East Dunne Avenue Safeway, shortly before 11 p.m. About 30 minutes later, police received a call that another woman was attacked in a Safeway parking lot, this time at the 235 Tennant Station location. The woman, a 46-year-old San Martin resident, told police the man used a stun gun on the back of her neck and head. The man fled when a passerby heard the woman’s screams.All three women offered similar descriptions of their attacker. Police are searching for a man in his late 20s or early 30s, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, and weighing about 200 pounds. In each case the man also entered, or tried to enter, the victim’s car through the rear driver-side door in a Safeway parking lot after dark.Police are asking residents to be cautious when walking or driving in shopping center parking lots. Swing recommended parking in well-lit areas and remaining aware of surroundings while walking.Police have distributed e-mail warnings to residents in Morgan Hill, unincorporated southern Santa Clara County, and other nearby locations. Anyone with information on these attacks should call.

Interesting also, is that it is the same time of year as when Sierra was abducted.

Right on!  He is connected to one of these. I am watching press conf right now.  Suspect has been under 24 hr surv for about one month and they took him in I think she said because he looked like he might have been getting ready to assault another.  Those are my words and you will have to watch to see exact wording.  His DNA is on clothing found in bag and that is why Mom was so hinky on her tell of that am I believe.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2012, 11:31:17 AM »

Thanks melisb...I didn't watch it...I am so caught up in looking for stuff online.  Wow...so he may have been looking at another girl.  So sad...I wonder how many cases he is actually involved in?  What a creep...he seems to find this all amusing.  I hope that knock him around a bit to get that smirk off of his face.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2012, 11:31:25 AM »

Arrest made in Sierra LaMar kidnapping and murder

KTVU And Wires

MORGAN HILL, Calif. —
A 21-year-old former Safeway employee, the owner of a vehicle seen near where Morgan Hill’s Sierra LaMar disappeared, has been arrested in the kidnapping and murder of the teenage girl.

Antolin Garcia-Torres was arrested Monday evening at the Safeway store in Morgan Hill where he once worked and transported to Santa Rita Jail, Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith said.

He lived near the LaMar home, but authorities would not say if the two knew each. A source told KTVU he had been linked to the disappearance not only by his red Jetta, but also by DNA evidence found in LaMar’s abandoned backpack.

::snipping2::

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/arrest-made-sierra-lamar-kidnapping-and-murder/nPBnR/
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2012, 11:33:05 AM »

Arrest made in Sierra LaMar kidnapping and murder

KTVU And Wires

MORGAN HILL, Calif. —
A 21-year-old former Safeway employee, the owner of a vehicle seen near where Morgan Hill’s Sierra LaMar disappeared, has been arrested in the kidnapping and murder of the teenage girl.

Antolin Garcia-Torres was arrested Monday evening at the Safeway store in Morgan Hill where he once worked and transported to Santa Rita Jail, Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith said.

He lived near the LaMar home, but authorities would not say if the two knew each. A source told KTVU he had been linked to the disappearance not only by his red Jetta, but also by DNA evidence found in LaMar’s abandoned backpack.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/arrest-made-sierra-lamar-kidnapping-and-murder/nPBnR/

The bolded above is what I was trying to find out...thanks Northern Rose.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2012, 11:33:44 AM »

abc7newsBayArea ‏@abc7newsBayArea
Suspect was not taken into custody immediately because authorities were hoping he would lead them to Sierra LaMar.

https://twitter.com/#!/abc7newsBayArea
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »

OMG the poor Dad broke me!!!  Mom was more stoic and hopeful because of what was "not found" in suspects car but I get the feeling Dad knew and said he wanted justice.  Poor Sierra!  May she be found and brought to a resting place.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2012, 11:35:05 AM »

KGO Morning News ‏@KGOMorningNews
Sierra LaMar's mom - Marlene - asking for perpetrator to please give information to authorities to "end this nightmare." @KGORadio

https://twitter.com/#!/KGOMorningNews
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2012, 11:35:54 AM »

Just when we need CW and a map from suspect's home and Sierra's!!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2012, 11:37:15 AM »

In March 2009, there were three assaults in the Morgan Hill area. Forensic evidence leads investigators to believe Garcia-Torres committed one of them, Smith said

http://**/crime-courts/ci_20680103/new-details-expected-emerge-sierra-lamar-disappearance
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2012, 11:38:07 AM »

Thanks melisb...I didn't watch it...I am so caught up in looking for stuff online.  Wow...so he may have been looking at another girl.  So sad...I wonder how many cases he is actually involved in?  What a creep...he seems to find this all amusing.  I hope that knock him around a bit to get that smirk off of his face.

She said in the last year alone there are 40 something (I may be wrong on the exact number)missing juvie females in Santa Clara Co..  I'm betting too that this ain't scumbags first rodeo!!!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2012, 11:38:53 AM »

This is interesting...when looking up the Safeway in Morgan Hill:

http://www.fugitive.com/2009/03/24/assault-morgan-hill-sketch-of-unknown-suspect-who-attacked-women-safeway/

On March 19, a 36-year-old Morgan Hill woman reported she was followed to her car in the parking lot of the East Dunne Avenue Safeway, shortly before 11 p.m. About 30 minutes later, police received a call that another woman was attacked in a Safeway parking lot, this time at the 235 Tennant Station location. The woman, a 46-year-old San Martin resident, told police the man used a stun gun on the back of her neck and head. The man fled when a passerby heard the woman’s screams.All three women offered similar descriptions of their attacker. Police are searching for a man in his late 20s or early 30s, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, and weighing about 200 pounds. In each case the man also entered, or tried to enter, the victim’s car through the rear driver-side door in a Safeway parking lot after dark.Police are asking residents to be cautious when walking or driving in shopping center parking lots. Swing recommended parking in well-lit areas and remaining aware of surroundings while walking.Police have distributed e-mail warnings to residents in Morgan Hill, unincorporated southern Santa Clara County, and other nearby locations. Anyone with information on these attacks should call.

Interesting also, is that it is the same time of year as when Sierra was abducted.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2012, 11:41:18 AM »

43 missing in that area over the last few years, if he is also linked to any of these through their investigation wondering if he has a "burial" place for any others he may have murdered. 

Just totally amazing, they walk among us and live normal lives,
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2012, 11:44:35 AM »

Sheriff Smith says Sierra LaMar is dead, and Morgan Hill man is the suspect

Santa County Sheriff Laurie Smith said direct and circumstantial evidence leads her office to believe missing teen Sierra LaMar is dead, and that a 21-year-old Morgan Hill man is her killer.

Antolin Garcia-Torres was booked Monday night into Santa Clara County Jail on one count of murder and one count of kidnapping after being taken in custody hours earlier at a Safeway in Morgan Hill.

Smith said from March 28 on, Garcia-Torres was under 24-hour surveillance, hoping they would find Sierra. She said early on her office had many suspects, but right now she believes only person responsible for the kidnap and murder of Sierra, Garcia-Torres.

Smith said she believes this was a stranger abduction, the "worst type of crime."

http://**/bay-area-news/ci_20680104/new-details-expected-emerge-sierra-lamar-disappearance
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2012, 11:51:10 AM »

DNA in Sierra LaMar's bag linked to suspect (video)

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8671945
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2012, 12:02:21 PM »

Hope they find Sierra soon. The dad broke my heart. No family should have to live thru this nightmare. The shots of Garcie in the police station and sitting in the back of the car. To me he had the same smug look that Joran had in his shots after being arrested.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2012, 12:07:17 PM »

5/22/2012 8:36 AM
Sheriff: DNA linked missing CA teen to suspect

MORGAN HILL, Calif. (AP) — A 21-year-old man in custody was linked to the kidnapping and murder of a missing teenager by DNA evidence found her bag, authorities said Tuesday.

Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith said Antolin Garcia-Torres's DNA was found inside a bag belonging to Sierra LaMar. Smith said it appeared to be a random act of violence.

Garcia-Torres was arrested Monday on suspicion of murder and kidnapping of Sierra, whose disappearance more than two months ago prompted hundreds of volunteers to turn out for organized searches.

Sierra hasn't been seen or heard from since she left her home in Morgan Hill to go to school on March 16. Authorities believe she was kidnapped while walking to a bus stop.

Smith said Garcia-Torres had been under 24-hour surveillance since March 28 and that evidence also linked him to at least one assault in March 2009.

"We believe this is the worst kind of crime, a stranger abducting a young girl," she said.

<snipped>

Investigators found Sierra's handbag with clothing and a cellphone along the side of the road near her home on March 17, the day after Sierra's mother reported her missing.

Earlier this month, investigators located a red Volkswagen Jetta they said may have been connected to Sierra's abduction given that surveillance cameras and witnesses put the car near the area where authorities believe she disappeared. Smith said late Monday that Garcia-Torres owns the Volkswagen.

http://www.ksro.com/news/article.aspx?id=2424002

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2012, 12:12:22 PM »

Central Coast News ‏@KIONrightnow
If you missed the Sierra LaMar News Conference you can watch the video here http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/18582358/watch-live-news-confrence-for-arrest-in-sierra-lamar-case

https://twitter.com/#!/KIONrightnow
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2012, 12:12:33 PM »

Hope they find Sierra soon. The dad broke my heart. No family should have to live thru this nightmare. The shots of Garcie in the police station and sitting in the back of the car. To me he had the same smug look that Joran had in his shots after being arrested.
Same thought GE, it was the eyes & sneer....Saw it immediately from the first pic and the video of his arrest .......eerie to say the least!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.