May 16, 2024, 12:16:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #7 2/11/11 - 2/25/11  (Read 198877 times)
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2011, 08:44:36 PM »

I hadn't yet seen this article:
http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26848324/detail.html

Excerpt: 
COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Nearly seven weeks after the disappearance of 13 year old Hailey Dunn, her father Clint Dunn is frustrated with police as he continues to search for his daughter.

"I haven't talked to them in three weeks, I don't know what their doing." said Dunn Saturday.

From the same link:

Billie has also told KTXS she now "talks regularly" with the only named suspect in the case, Shawn Adkins.

Clint told KTXS how he felt about that "I don't like it, I really can't say much about it but I don't like it."

As for the search for Hailey Dunn nears the two month mark, father Clint remains hopeful and thankful so many people have stopped their lives to search for Hailey, "I'm very happy. I'm glad that there trying to help and it's amazing that a person they have never met, effect them so much."

Ok~that is more in line with what I have always felt, I have no idea why he said he thought Shawn was sincere, but he has said from the beginning that he thought Shawn was at the top of his list (and IMO for good reason), but I think he's been told to keep his opinions to himself, and really when he speaks out against Billie or Shawn like he did with Peter Hyatt, and IIRC he later posted (PH) that he was basically being blackmailed to STFU, he has nothing to gain IMO to tell all he knows since he still has a family, and surely doesn't want to lose what he has left and I honestly think he wants to be there for David too, so I see why he toned it down -way down.

ITA due to everything that I have read being said by several parties.   Have they brought cadaver dogs to SA's mother's & grandmother's houses, my mind this morning is working in a fog of fever, congestion, agonizing ear infection that is taking me to the doctor's tomorrow.

I think the nature of the dogs has been offhandedly always stated to be tracking, not cadaver, IIRC.  And I do hope you feel better.  Ugh  Sad
curiousone
Scared Monkey

« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2011, 09:44:04 PM »

Who is manipulating who here?

My speculation is that BD was the perp here and SA was used for coverup.  The reason I think this is because her timeline of events, which she continually lies or embellishes upon, still contains SA's timeline of events.  Why add in his?  If she was at work, she was at work and none of his timeline of events should really be her story.  So I think the timeline of events have been concocted from her.

But in many ways, it doesn't make sense.  Does BD have SA so wrapped around her finger that SA would put his neck out on the line for her?  Quitting his job, saying he was the last one to see Hailey, cell phone pings not matching where he says etc.  However, from BD's media interviews she has no problem stating that she loves SA.  Is she continually saying this in the media so that SA will continue to stay wrapped around her little finger so that he will not make a plea deal and tell what actually happened?

Or was SA the perp and BD is used to cover his story for him....and that she knows what he did to Hailey?  Is SA the controlling one here?

I then think of all the crime stories that she downloaded from work.  Most seem to be a Karla Homolka/Paul Bernardo type scenario.  Is this what happened here?  Afterall, BD said that everyone pretty much got what they wanted at Christmas.

I do think the answers of what happened to Hailey can be answered by BD and SA.

Sadly, I have casually pondered the same thing, curiousone.  I don't know if it is spurred by her lack of emotion/action, or just a lack of answers. 

To follow your mental wanderings above, I could add the question "Could it be that rather than being so besotted that he helps her cover up the worst, perhaps so besotted (and in risk of legal trouble) that he covers up a lesser crime that she makes him believe.  These are ALL just sad musings.  I find that in my case if there are no strong answers, and with time the strength of the finger pointing at SA seems to lessen, that my mind starts to try to consider ALL possibilities - even if they're not likelihoods.

Good post.  At this point in time, we really have too little facts about Hailey's disappearance.  But as the weeks wear on, it seems obvious to me that BD has a part in Hailey disappearance.  In the end I may be wrong, but all her actions and her lies point directly at guilty knowledge. 

Makes me wonder who is besotted with who most in this case.  And it makes me wonder if they were both arrested right now, who would turn on whom first. 
curiousone
Scared Monkey

« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2011, 09:49:28 PM »

Excerpt: 
COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Nearly seven weeks after the disappearance of 13 year old Hailey Dunn, her father Clint Dunn is frustrated with police as he continues to search for his daughter.

"I haven't talked to them in three weeks, I don't know what their doing." said Dunn Saturday.

From the same link:

Billie has also told KTXS she now "talks regularly" with the only named suspect in the case, Shawn Adkins.

Clint told KTXS how he felt about that "I don't like it, I really can't say much about it but I don't like it."

As for the search for Hailey Dunn nears the two month mark, father Clint remains hopeful and thankful so many people have stopped their lives to search for Hailey, "I'm very happy. I'm glad that there trying to help and it's amazing that a person they have never met, effect them so much."

Ok~that is more in line with what I have always felt, I have no idea why he said he thought Shawn was sincere, but he has said from the beginning that he thought Shawn was at the top of his list (and IMO for good reason), but I think he's been told to keep his opinions to himself, and really when he speaks out against Billie or Shawn like he did with Peter Hyatt, and IIRC he later posted (PH) that he was basically being blackmailed to STFU, he has nothing to gain IMO to tell all he knows since he still has a family, and surely doesn't want to lose what he has left and I honestly think he wants to be there for David too, so I see why he toned it down -way down.

ITA due to everything that I have read being said by several parties.   Have they brought cadaver dogs to SA's mother's & grandmother's houses, my mind this morning is working in a fog of fever, congestion, agonizing ear infection that is taking me to the doctor's tomorrow.

I think the nature of the dogs has been offhandedly always stated to be tracking, not cadaver, IIRC.  And I do hope you feel better.  Ugh  Sad

If they had used cadaver dogs in BD's house, I am quite sure it would be all over the media, right?  So why haven't they?  Is it because they searched the car and there were no hits by cadaver dogs?  Do they assume that Hailey was alive when she left the house?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2011, 10:11:13 PM »

Excerpt: 

From the same link:

If they had used cadaver dogs in BD's house, I am quite sure it would be all over the media, right?  So why haven't they?  Is it because they searched the car and there were no hits by cadaver dogs?  Do they assume that Hailey was alive when she left the house?

BBM

How do you know cadaver dogs weren't used to search BD's house?  I started looking around at news articles, and there have been cadaver dogs used in searches in regard to this case.  They may have been used by LE, and they haven't announced it.  It would seem to me that would be one place they would do fairly quickly to eliminate that question.  Besides cadaver dogs being used during the landfill searches, they used them in the woods etc. Here's a link about cadaver dog use in Hailey's case.  I haven't gone through with a search through all the threads to see if I could find an article that specifically states cadaver dogs were used at BD's home.  But really, wouldn't it make sense that they were?  There's a lot of time and resources being used in the search for Hailey.  Sometimes it just takes time to do a search of articles and information can be found, but maybe not, if LE didn't announce it.  Searching takes time, and I don't know if I want to spend any more time searching for it, but if you're interested, you might find something searching for it yourself.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=330796

::snipping2::
At this time, investigators from roughly 12 agencies have combed 80 square miles of by helicopter, horseback, cadaver dogs, person-sniffing dogs, and officers on foot, Dean said. That includes six square miles in Colorado City, creek beds, landfills, and anything else based on the hundreds of leads that have come in.
 ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2011, 10:27:26 PM »

Link to cadaver dogs being used at landfill search. 
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/14/shawn-adkins-declared-suspect-case-hailey-dunn/

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
curiousone
Scared Monkey

« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2011, 10:33:14 PM »

I've followed this case from day 1 and the only use of cadaver dogs in a few articles was in the landfills.  And that was explosive news from Nancy Grace to local and national media.  Therefore, my opinion above, is that if they had used cadaver dogs in the house, and the way the media were hounding that house, I am of the opinion that it would have been in the media.  Perhaps they did use them in the house, and just maybe it has been kept under wraps.  But, I think even BD couldn't help but mention it to media if they had been in her house.
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2011, 11:08:57 PM »

This is the worst thing I have EVER seen.  Ever.  I caught this reference on seamusoriley's website, so I had to check it out for myself.  Sure enough, there are lyrics on SA's myspace (adkinsshawn) that just horrify me and say it all about why he is and should be the number one subject.  These are song lyrics from Slipknot - he did NOT write this, but he DID choose this as a representation of himself.  I cannot write them here.

Warning - so terribly graphic and upsetting, do NOT go to his site if you don't want to read something that will make you just sick.

Source: http://www.myspace.com/adkinsshawn

The lyrics are on the right hand side of the page, about 1/3rd of the way down.
Is this relevant ? I ask because these r 3 - 4 yrs. old.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2011, 11:28:32 PM »

Thank you Starwynn 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2011, 11:31:20 PM »

LEP - not sure what you are referring to.  All I see is Shawn Adkin's myspace I don't see any 3 or 4 yr old kids.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2011, 12:04:16 AM »

LEP - not sure what you are referring to.  All I see is Shawn Adkin's myspace I don't see any 3 or 4 yr old kids.

I'm not LEP, but wondering if she was questioning the relevance because it's dated, nothing to do with kids:

"these r 3 - 4 yrs. old." not 3-4 yr. olds.  As in the posts/lyrics are 3 or 4 years old.  Maybe this is what LEP meant?   

starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2011, 12:09:32 AM »

This is the worst thing I have EVER seen.  Ever.  I caught this reference on seamusoriley's website, so I had to check it out for myself.  Sure enough, there are lyrics on SA's myspace (adkinsshawn) that just horrify me and say it all about why he is and should be the number one subject.  These are song lyrics from Slipknot - he did NOT write this, but he DID choose this as a representation of himself.  I cannot write them here.

Warning - so terribly graphic and upsetting, do NOT go to his site if you don't want to read something that will make you just sick.

Source: http://www.myspace.com/adkinsshawn

The lyrics are on the right hand side of the page, about 1/3rd of the way down.
Is this relevant ? I ask because these r 3 - 4 yrs. old.

I feel it is because he is still a huge slipknot fan and it shows that he thinks that killing someone, cutting their finger off, taking a souvenir finger from them, and watching them rot are "cool" lyrics.  I didn't say that it meant he wrote them to Hailey.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2011, 12:20:34 AM »

I'm not LEP, but wondering if she was questioning the relevance because it's dated, nothing to do with kids:

"these r 3 - 4 yrs. old." not 3-4 yr. olds.  As in the posts/lyrics are 3 or 4 years old.  Maybe this is what LEP meant?   

OHHH, I see.  Yes the Myspace is 3 or 4 years old but I don't think he has changed his fondness of Michael Myers or gory stuff.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2011, 03:08:44 AM »

Excerpt: 

From the same link:

I've asked many times why cadaver dogs were not taken into Billie's house. 

Disgusting!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2011, 03:10:22 AM »

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
bamagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2011, 07:06:22 AM »

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Happy Valentine's Day to all!  I haven't posted on SM in so long, but I thought I'd come back and see what you all have shaken out of this case!   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2011, 08:06:55 AM »

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Happy Valentine's Day to all!  I haven't posted on SM in so long, but I thought I'd come back and see what you all have shaken out of this case!   

Good morning and welcome back to Scared Monkeys bamagirl.  Were you posting under a different nic?  I see you have one post, just wondered how you posted previously   

It's really sad Hailey Dunn isn't enjoying Valentine's Day with her classmates.  I hope she's found soon.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2011, 11:23:21 AM »

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2011, 11:41:01 AM »

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2011, 11:52:15 AM »

No communication between law enforcementand and either of Hailey's parents.  Why?

Is the reason something or ... is the reason nothing?

Janet

++++++

No Communication in Three Weeks

Clint Dunn Expresses Frustration With AuthoritiesBy Casey James, KTXS News
POSTED: 10:35 pm CST February 12, 2011
EmailPrintAAAText SizeUPDATED: 9:19 am CST February 14, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Nearly seven weeks after the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, her father Clint Dunn is frustrated with police as he continues to search for his daughter.

"I haven't talked to them in three weeks; I don't know what they're doing," Clint Dunn said Saturday.

Clint Dunn expressed his frustration with how tight-lipped authorities are being about the investigation of his missing daughter.

Clint told KTXS, "They haven't called me or nothing. Last time I went up there ... three weeks ago was the last time they have gotten a hold of me."

Colorado City officials have assured KTXS that they plan to get in touch with Hailey's parents if there is a big break in the case. So far that hasn't happened.

Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, has told us that police do call her every now and again.

<snipped>

Same Book - Different Page

Missing teen's father putting faith in God that his daughter will be found
Posted: Jan 21, 2011 7:09 PM PST
Updated: Jan 21, 2011 8:51 PM PST

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer said the number of people from outside agencies working on the case has lessened. He estimates about 10 people per day working on the case, down from 30 a week ago. "It's disappointing. I wish they'd call more people in to see what's going on, but I guess they're giving up," Dunn said.

Kampfer insists they're not giving up and that their investigation will continue even if numbers are lower. Dunn said conversations with Hailey's mother Billie are also less frequent. "We're in the same book, but not in the same page. We're not keeping a lot of contact, especially since the affidavits came out."

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13887971

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2011, 12:45:43 PM »

No communication between law enforcementand and either of Hailey's parents.  Why?

Is the reason something or ... is the reason nothing?

Janet

++++++

No Communication in Three Weeks

Clint Dunn Expresses Frustration With AuthoritiesBy Casey James, KTXS News
POSTED: 10:35 pm CST February 12, 2011
EmailPrintAAAText SizeUPDATED: 9:19 am CST February 14, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Nearly seven weeks after the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, her father Clint Dunn is frustrated with police as he continues to search for his daughter.

"I haven't talked to them in three weeks; I don't know what they're doing," Clint Dunn said Saturday.

Clint Dunn expressed his frustration with how tight-lipped authorities are being about the investigation of his missing daughter.

Clint told KTXS, "They haven't called me or nothing. Last time I went up there ... three weeks ago was the last time they have gotten a hold of me."

Colorado City officials have assured KTXS that they plan to get in touch with Hailey's parents if there is a big break in the case. So far that hasn't happened.

Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, has told us that police do call her every now and again.

<snipped>

Same Book - Different Page

Missing teen's father putting faith in God that his daughter will be found
Posted: Jan 21, 2011 7:09 PM PST
Updated: Jan 21, 2011 8:51 PM PST

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer said the number of people from outside agencies working on the case has lessened. He estimates about 10 people per day working on the case, down from 30 a week ago. "It's disappointing. I wish they'd call more people in to see what's going on, but I guess they're giving up," Dunn said.

Kampfer insists they're not giving up and that their investigation will continue even if numbers are lower. Dunn said conversations with Hailey's mother Billie are also less frequent. "We're in the same book, but not in the same page. We're not keeping a lot of contact, especially since the affidavits came out."

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13887971

Well, with Billie since she was uncooperative & critical of LE in addition to remaining close to their #1 suspect I guess that is an explanation but with Clint the only thing I can think of is that while they dont suspect him of any wrongdoing they may not trust that he wouldnt give something away to Billie, thru anger or otherwise.  It seems they are sitting on their theory but since they readily didnt find Hailey they are leaving it up to either something giving way by word of mouth or someone else discovers what is not smacking them in the face.  That being said, I'm praying they have more evidence than we know about & they will be able to solve this case soon.   I normally give LE all the credit they deserve in protecting society & investigating a case when I feel they are performing their duties to the fullest, I'm not sure I can say that with confidence in this case...I pray my concern was unmerited. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.