May 22, 2024, 12:41:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 515284 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1800 on: March 17, 2010, 04:04:25 PM »

Woman tells of attack similar to San Diego teen's

Wed Mar 17, 1:38 am ET
LOS ANGELES – A 23-year-old woman allegedly attacked by a registered sex offender at the same park where he is accused of killing a San Diego teenager two months later said Tuesday that she believed he was going to rape her.

Appearing on CNN's "Larry King Live," Candice Moncayo said she'll testify against 30-year-old John Gardner, who has pleaded not guilty to assaulting her in December and murdering 17-year-old Chelsea King in February.

King's parents also appeared on the show and said it was painful to hear Moncayo's story.

"I am so glad she was able to fight him off," said Brent King, Chelsea's father. "It was very painful to listen to, though."

Moncayo said her assailant tackled her at the end of her run, pinned her to the ground and threatened to kill her. She screamed and he told her to shut up, but she refused. Moncayo told him if he wanted to rape her, he'd have to kill her first, she said.

"He told me that could be arranged," she said calmly.

He swore at her and shook her "like you're not supposed to shake a baby," then she bashed him in the face with her elbow, she said.

"He grabbed his face and turned away from me and yelled some things, and I got up and ran faster than I think I ever ran in my life," she said.

She described her attacker as a large man who stood out in the neighborhood park because he wasn't wearing workout clothes. Moncayo didn't say on the program how she came to recognize Gardner as the man she said attacked her.

The day after the attack, she went running again, this time with a pit bull.

"I felt if I didn't get back on the horse right away, that I never would," she said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100317/ap_on_re_us/us_missing_teen

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1801 on: March 17, 2010, 06:14:00 PM »

Weeks later, body officially ID'd as Chelsea's
By J. Harry Jones, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 at 2:23 p.m.

Sheriff Bill Gore has officially confirmed what everyone has known for weeks now: the body found by the banks of Lake Hodges on March 2 was that of 17-year-old Chelsea King.

Even though funeral services and a large public memorial celebration were held, it is the first official confirmation by authorities. On the day of the discovery, Gore said only that there was a strong likelihood that it was Chelsea.

Under orders from the District Attorney’s office, the Medical Examiner’s report on the case was sealed immediately, and all involved in the case were ordered not to reveal any information, including confirmation of the identity.

A gag order issued later by a judge concerning the case against John Albert Gardner III, who is charged with murder and rape in the case, has further silenced officials.

Sheriff’s Department Spokeswoman Jan Caldwell said Wednesday that after consulting with the District Attorney’s Office, Gore doesn’t believe confirming the identity violates the gag order.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/17/weeks-later-body-officially-idd-chelseas/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1802 on: March 17, 2010, 07:13:57 PM »

CNN LARRY KING LIVE
March 16, 2010

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1003/16/lkl.01.html

+++++++

GUESTS

1.  CANDICE MONCAYO - ATTACKED BY JAG 12/09
2.  BRENT AND KELLY KING - CHELSEA'S PARENTS
3.  CARRIE MCGONIGLE - AMBER DUBOIS' MOTHER

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1803 on: March 17, 2010, 07:29:08 PM »

http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-03-17/local-county-news/state-prison-waives-law-to-release-central-file-for-albert-gardner

State prison waives law to release central file for John Gardne
By Staff,  SDNN
Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) waived certain provisions of the California Public Records Act, to released the Central File of John Albert Gardner III Wednesday afternoon.

Though the agency does not typically release central files,  it stated in a press release, “in light of public interest,” it chose to do so.

Because of some prohibitions of disclosure in federal and state law though, CDCR has redacted information in accordance with these laws.

He is charged with murder with a special circumstance of rape or attempted rape in the case of 17-year-old Chelsea King. The preliminary hearing for Gardner was delayed to Aug. 4, 2010 and a gag order was signed in the case on March 9. Gardner appeared in court briefly for the status conference.  During his arraignment a week earlier, Gardner pleaded not guilty to King’s murder and a second charge of an attack on a jogger, Candice Moncayo, on Dec. 27, 2009.

Gardner is also the focus of an investigation in the death of 14-year-old Amber Dubois, who went missing Feb. 13, 2009. Dubois’ remains were discovered in Pala on March 7.

Gardner’s Central File is 282 pages
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/News/gardner_doc/Gardner_Redacted_Central_File.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-03-17/local-county-news/crime/candice-moncayo-talks-of-attack-similar-to-chelsea-kings

Candice Moncayo talks of attack similar to Chelsea King case
By Staff,  Associated Press
Wednesday, March 17, 2010

LOS ANGELES — A 23-year-old woman allegedly attacked by a registered sex offender at the same park where he is accused of killing a San Diego teenager two months later said Tuesday that she believed he was going to rape her.

Appearing on CNN’s “Larry King Live,” Candice Moncayo said she’ll testify against 30-year-old John Gardner, who has pleaded not guilty to assaulting her in December and murdering 17-year-old Chelsea King in February.

King’s parents also appeared on the show and said it was painful to hear Moncayo’s story.

“I am so glad she was able to fight him off,” said Brent King, Chelsea’s father. “It was very painful to listen to, though.”

Moncayo said her assailant tackled her at the end of her run, pinned her to the ground and threatened to kill her. She screamed and he told her to shut up, but she refused. Moncayo told him if he wanted to rape her, he’d have to kill her first, she said.

“He told me that could be arranged,” she said calmly

He swore at her and shook her “like you’re not supposed to shake a baby,” then she bashed him in the face with her elbow, she said.

“He grabbed his face and turned away from me and yelled some things, and I got up and ran faster than I think I ever ran in my life,” she said.

She described her attacker as a large man who stood out in the neighborhood park because he wasn’t wearing workout clothes. Moncayo didn’t say on the program how she came to recognize Gardner as the man she said attacked her.

The day after the attack, she went running again, this time with a pit bull.

“I felt if I didn’t get back on the horse right away, that I never would,” she said.

video about Moncayo at link

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1804 on: March 17, 2010, 10:24:02 PM »

10News Obtains John Gardner's Prison System File

SAN DIEGO -- A nearly 300-page stack of prison documents released to 10News Wednesday gave a rare look at accused killer John Gardner's life inside the California prison system.

Gardner's file -- also known as a "central file" -- reveals more problems supervising Gardner while he was on parole.

As previously reported by 10News, Gardner lived in a Mira Mesa apartment complex in September 2007 that was around the corner from a daycare center at Miramar College. The file indicated parole agents realized this violation but may have dropped the ball in getting Gardner to move out.

One statement in the file read: "A review of the record of supervision and conversations with previous agents indicates Gardner was never given notice to relocate at the end of his lease."

The documents also revealed following Gardner's 2000 conviction for molesting and beating a teenage girl from Rancho Bernardo, he was transferred to Donovan State Prison. There, he was immediately placed into the administrative segregation unit, also known as "the sensitive needs yard."

In Gardner's initial interview, it was determined that he presented an immediate threat to the safety of himself or others and was also considered a threat to the security of the institution.

Three months later, he was transferred to the California Correctional Institution in Tehachapi, where the documents stated: "The inmate was interviewed to ascertain whether or not he has enemies here at CCI that would preclude his placement in general population."

At CCI, Gardner completed an education program and also had several prison jobs.

According to the file, he earned a glowing report that stated he was an "excellent teacher's assistant, enjoys what he is doing and motivates the students … and runs the classroom math program and has generated great enthusiasm."

The documents also stated how Gardner was written up several times for smoking a cigarette in prison and possession of a butane lighter.

In 2003, Gardner wrote a handwritten appeal in response to one of the smoking offenses. He complained to a hearing staff member, claiming he was found guilty without being allowed to bring forth witnesses and that they believed officers over him. He finished his handwritten appeal by stating: "I feel my right to properly state my case was violated."

According to the file, in 2004 Gardner complained of being threatened by other inmates and was transferred to Avenal State Prison.

In July 2005, Gardner was involved in what the prison referred to as "mutual combat" at Avenal, which led to the loss of family visits and visits with minors.

The file said: "The above inmate has been restricted from visiting with minor children."

Click here to read the complete prison system report.
http://10newsblogs.com/pdf/gardner-central-file.pdf

http://www.10news.com/news/22872197/detail.html
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1805 on: March 18, 2010, 03:34:42 PM »

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12162920

Gardner lived by school for 16 months
Posted: Mar 18, 2010 7:28 AM PDT Updated: Mar 18, 2010 7:31 AM PDT

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — State corrections department records show a convicted sex offender charged with murdering Chelsea King lived near a preschool for at least 16 months before parole officials forced him to move.

A top corrections official tells The Associated Press that a regional administrator let John Gardner continue living within 126 yards of the San Diego County preschool until his lease expired in 2006. But no one noticed he was still living there until a year later.

Assistant Secretary Oscar Hidalgo said Wednesday there was confusion in part because of a change in parole agents.

Gardner pleaded not guilty earlier this month to murdering 17-year-old Chelsea King. He also is under investigation in the murder of 14-year-old Amber Dubois in Escondido in early 2009.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1806 on: March 18, 2010, 04:16:36 PM »

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12162920

Gardner lived by school for 16 months
Posted: Mar 18, 2010 7:28 AM PDT Updated: Mar 18, 2010 7:31 AM PDT

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — State corrections department records show a convicted sex offender charged with murdering Chelsea King lived near a preschool for at least 16 months before parole officials forced him to move.

A top corrections official tells The Associated Press that a regional administrator let John Gardner continue living within 126 yards of the San Diego County preschool until his lease expired in 2006. But no one noticed he was still living there until a year later.

Assistant Secretary Oscar Hidalgo said Wednesday there was confusion in part because of a change in parole agents.

Gardner pleaded not guilty earlier this month to murdering 17-year-old Chelsea King. He also is under investigation in the murder of 14-year-old Amber Dubois in Escondido in early 2009.

First, I wonder if the place that leased to John Gardner ran a criminal background check on him.   And then a regional admin let him continue living there until his lease expired?     Why is that?  Thinking more of the SO then the safety of the children in the area?     It's not the regional admin's place to make the laws, but to ENFORCE them, isn't it?  So the regional admin made their own set of rules?  I need to see if I can find just how this works.  Is there something that says SO's aren't supposed to live within a certain distance from schools, the exception being at the discretion of the Regional Director?  I think the Regional Director needs their hiney fired for starters.    And "no one noticed he was still living there until a year later".  Makes me just sick.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1807 on: March 18, 2010, 07:10:30 PM »

Prison report on John Gardner released

Registered sex offender John Albert Gardner III repeatedly got into trouble in prison for smoking and ditching work but also excelled at teaching math and English to Spanish-speaking students, according to prison records released this week.

Gardner pleaded not guilty to raping and murdering 17-year-old Chelsea King of Poway Feb. 25, and not guilty to attacking another young female jogger in late December. Both attacks took place near Lake Hodges.

On Wednesday, the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation released 282 pages of Gardner's prison and parole records after The San Diego Union-Tribune, other media and lawmakers requested the information.

The records show he was moved in and out of solitary confinement, had privileges taken away and restored, and was involved in at least one "mutual combat," the Union-Tribune reported.

Gardner served five years in prison after pleading guilty to attacking a 13-year-old neighbor girl in Rancho Bernardo in 2000. He was paroled in September 2005.

The 30-year-old Gardner could face the death penalty if convicted in Chelsea's death. A preliminary hearing is set for Aug. 4.

Escondido police said Gardner is a focal point into their investigation into the death of Escondido teen Amber Dubois. Amber was 14 when she went missing while walking to Escondido High School in February 2009. Her remains were discovered in the Pala area earlier this month.

http://www.delmartimes.net/news/267205-prison-report-on-john-gardner-released
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1808 on: March 18, 2010, 09:26:53 PM »

Piwannabe- No you don't have to put your real name in Facebook or Myspace, you can put completely false information. 

I just changed my info yesterday hehe.

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1809 on: March 18, 2010, 11:48:39 PM »

Piwannabe- No you don't have to put your real name in Facebook or Myspace, you can put completely false information. 

Good for you Pi! Better to be safe!
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1810 on: March 18, 2010, 11:50:36 PM »

Good for you Pi! Better to be safe!

I should add, if you changed the info so that you can sleuth etc, remember that some of these sickos are computer experts and can still trace you. Be careful!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1811 on: March 19, 2010, 02:28:03 AM »

I cannot find the article on it at all, sorry but on KCRA Sacremento last night they began a story about Gardner stating that a Sex offender that had just been released from jail was arrested for reoffending.  Then they went on to talk about Gardner and the need for tougher laws. When the news up this way in is talking about something other then news at the capitol, you know it must be everywhere in California. The families of the victims are really doing a good job in getting their message out there. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1812 on: March 19, 2010, 03:32:09 PM »

SAN DIEGO (AP) — It turns out the convicted sex offender who's now charged with murdering a 17-year-old California girl had plenty of encounters with police after he was released from prison following an earlier conviction. Records show that John Gardner was repeatedly fined for drug and driving offenses, once while driving a car similar to one that was later used during an attempted child kidnapping.

http://www.9and10news.com/Category/Story/?id=214568&cID=3
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1813 on: March 19, 2010, 03:34:17 PM »

Chelsea King Murder Suspect Repeatedly Stopped by Cops

Law enforcement records show John Gardner III was cited at least eight times between his 2005 prison release and his arrest last month for Chelsea King's death.

SAN DIEGO -- The sex offender charged with murdering a San Diego County teen was repeatedly fined for drug and driving offenses after his prison release -- once while driving a car that later may have been used in an attempted kidnapping.

Law enforcement records show John Gardner III was cited at least eight times between his 2005 prison release and his arrest last month for Chelsea King's death.

The records show he and another sex offender were found smoking pot at an Oceanside park in 2008.

Gardner was stopped in Escondido last June for driving without insurance. His gold Pontiac matched the description of a car used four months later in the attempted gunpoint abduction of a girl in his hometown of Lake Elsinore.

Authorities seized a similar car on March 11 from an Escondido junkyard. It was not immediately clear whether the car belongs to Gardner.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/19/chelsea-king-murder-suspect-repeatedly-stopped-cops/

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1814 on: March 19, 2010, 03:34:34 PM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Gardner-Repeatedly-Stopped-by-Cops----88572002.html

Gardner Repeatedly Stopped by Cops
Chelsea King's accused killer was cited at least eight times after his prison release

Updated 12:10 PM PDT, Fri, Mar 19, 2010

AP

A convicted sex offender charged with murdering a 17-year-old California girl was repeatedly fined for drug and driving offenses following his 2005 release from prison -- once while driving a car similar to one later used during an attempted child kidnapping, records show.

Four incidents occurred while John Albert Gardner III was on parole, including a misdemeanor citation for possessing marijuana.

It was not immediately clear if the marijuana violation could have sent Gardner back to prison.

The state Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation could not be reached for comment Friday. The media office was closed for a state-mandated furlough day.

Officers who stop sex offenders for minor violations may not be aware of their status, authorities said. A few states include notification on their driver's licenses that the holder is a sex offender, but California licenses do not.

Gardner served five years for beating and molesting a 13-year-old neighbor in 2000.

He had been off parole for two months in 2008 when he and another registered sex offender were found drinking beer and smoking marijuana in the bed of a truck at an Oceanside park, law enforcement records show.

The other man was sent back to prison for violating parole. Gardner was fined $640.

State law bars registered sex offenders from living near parks but not from visiting them.

Last June, Gardner was cited for driving without proof of insurance on a freeway near Escondido. He was driving a gold 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix. That October, a similar car was used by someone who unsuccessfully tried to abduct a girl at gunpoint as she walked to school in the Riverside County town of Lake Elsinore, authorities said.

Authorities seized a similar car from an Escondido junkyard earlier this month and took it to a city holding facility.

Gardner has not been charged in that case, but a composite sketch of the suspect resembles Gardner, who was living in Lake Elsinore when he was arrested on Feb. 28 in the Chelsea King case.

Gardner, 30, has pleaded not guilty to assaulting and murdering the Poway teen, who vanished last month while running at a San Diego wilderness park. Her body was found near the shore of Lake Hodges.

Gardner also is under investigation but has not been charged in the killing of 14-year-old Amber Dubois, who vanished last year while walking to school in Escondido. Her bones were discovered earlier this month north of San Diego.

Records show that between his prison release and re-arrest, Gardner was cited at least eight times for running a red light, speeding, lacking proof of insurance, possessing marijuana and having an open container of alcohol in a car.

He was fined in seven cases, and one speeding ticket was dismissed after he completed traffic school.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1815 on: March 19, 2010, 03:35:15 PM »

More Than 2K Expected to Participate in "Finish Chelsea's Run"

AP/KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO) - More than 2000 people are expected to participate in a run through the San Diego park where Chelsea King was attacked in a tribute that's being called "Finish Chelsea's Run."

The three-mile run will take place Saturday at Rancho Bernardo Community Park. Organizers have posted information on Facebook.

The 9 a.m. event will take joggers around trails near Lake Hodges.

Chelsea, a 17-year-old Poway resident, never returned from a run at the park on Feb. 25. Her body was later found buried near the lake.

Convicted sex offender John Gardner has pleaded not guilty to her assault and to the attempted rape of another woman.

Authorities also say he's a suspect in last year's murder of 14-year-old Amber Dubois of Escondido.

http://www.knx1070.com/More-Than-2K-Expected-to-Participate-in--Finish-Ch/6613569
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1816 on: March 19, 2010, 03:37:25 PM »

Gardner Repeatedly Stopped by Cops

Chelsea King's accused killer was cited at least eight times after his prison release
Updated 10:11 AM PDT, Fri, Mar 19, 2010

Source: Gardner Repeatedly Stopped by Cops | NBC San Diego

The sex offender charged with murdering a San Diego County teen was repeatedly fined for drug and driving offenses after his prison release -- once while driving a car that may have been used in an attempted kidnapping.

Records show John Gardner was cited at least eight times between his 2005 prison release and his arrest last month for Chelsea King's death.

In 2008, he and another sex offender were found smoking pot at an Oceanside park.

Gardner was stopped in Escondido last June for driving without insurance. His gold Pontiac matched the description of a car used four months later in the attempted gunpoint abduction of a girl in his hometown of Lake Elsinore.

Authorities seized a similar car on March 11 from an Escondido junkyard. It was not immediately clear whether the car belongs to Gardner.

Copyright Associated Press / NBC San Diego
First Published: Mar 19, 2010 10:05 AM PDT

Source: Gardner Repeatedly Stopped by Cops | NBC San Diego
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Gardner-Repeatedly-Stopped-by-Cops----88572002.html
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1817 on: March 19, 2010, 03:38:08 PM »

Gardner remained free after repeated run-ins
In one, he was with another sex offender -- and that man was sent back to prison

By Matthew T. Hall, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Originally published March 18, 2010 at 10:10 p.m., updated March 18, 2010 at 11:12 p.m.

One night in November 2008, a police cruiser rolled up on two registered sex offenders drinking beer and smoking marijuana in the bed of a truck at an Oceanside city park.

One was returned to prison on a parole violation. The other, John Albert Gardner III, had been off parole for two months and so remained free, according to records obtained by The San Diego Union-Tribune.

The encounter was typical of life for Gardner after he got out of prison for molesting and beating a former Rancho Bernardo neighbor, a 13-year-old girl.

Time after time, he came in contact with law enforcement. Time after time, he walked away.

Gardner was cited at least eight times by five agencies between his release from state prison in September 2005 and his arrest Feb. 28. He has pleaded not guilty to charges that he raped and killed Chelsea King, 17, of Poway. He is also a focus of the investigation into the death of Amber Dubois, 14, of Escondido.

After the five-year prison sentence on his 2000 case, Gardner ran a red light, got two speeding tickets, lacked proof of insurance twice, and was cited twice for marijuana possession and once for an open container of alcohol.

Four infractions occurred while he was on parole — the red-light violation, the speeding tickets and a misdemeanor marijuana possession offense. Except for one dismissed speeding ticket due to completion of traffic school, he received fines as punishment.

Alan Mobley, an assistant professor of public affairs and criminal justice at San Diego State University, said the system isn’t set up to track every violation of a sex offender, or an ex-con, upon release from prison. Often, authorities may not even know they’ve encountered a sex offender during a traffic stop.

“There’s a tension in the law between offering protection from wayward individuals and offering protection from wayward government, and that’s where the Bill of Rights comes from,” Mobley said. “That debate has been with us since the beginning of the country, and it remains with us still.”

Much about the Oceanside incident would have violated Gardner’s parole: the beer, the pot, the park location, his buddy’s sex-offender status and the fact Gardner was out after 5 p.m. But his parole had ended two months earlier.

The episode did become a parole violation for Dominique Whitehair, who’s a registered sex offender for the misdemeanor charge of annoying or molesting a minor. Whitehair was sent back to prison for more than nine months, according to the state Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

For Gardner, it was merely a $640 lapse in judgment, one of three San Diego County Superior Court fines that a court spokeswoman said Gardner has had referred to collections.

In Gardner’s case, a return to prison might have meant more stringent punishment such as possible confinement at a mental hospital or lifetime GPS  tracking.

Whitehair told the officer in Ocean-side that night in 2008 that he was on parole, but it was a records check that revealed both he and Gardner were registered sex offenders, according to the officer’s two-page report.

There are more than 4,000 registered sex offenders in San Diego County, with about 1,800 of them living in the city of San Diego. Oceanside has about 250, and Escondido 192.

Under Jessica’s Law from 2006, sex offenders are supposed to be barred from living within 2,000 feet of a school or park, but its implementation is under legal review. The state law doesn’t ban them from simply visiting a school or park.

By law, sex offenders must verify their addresses with local law enforcement annually or upon moving; sexually violent predators must do so every 90 days, and those who are transients, every 30.

Yet traffic citations and violations short of arrests or convictions aren’t something San Diego police keep in their sex offenders’ case files, Lt. Rick O’Hanlon said.
Such infractions also wouldn’t necessarily be known before authorities visit sex offenders at their homes, for sporadic audits or sweeps in association with parole or probation agents, O’Hanlon said.

Alerting law enforcement officers that they’re dealing with a sex offender could have immediate implications if there are children or hitchhikers with the person or if the person is near a park, a tot lot or a school.

Mike Moreau, a director on the board of the San Diego chapter of Parents of Murdered Children, said tracking sex offenders through driving records is one way an array of agencies in the justice system could communicate better.

Bill Southwell, who supervised the San Diego County sheriff’s child-abuse unit from 1985 to 1988 and from 1991 to 1994, said cluing in California’s law enforcement to its interaction with sex offenders could be a big help.

As it stands, the system “depends a little too much on the sophistication and the initiative” of any given officer, officials say.
“If he’s really interested in this subject of sex crimes, he can push to get the information and ask for it specifically, but it would be an enhancement to the community if this automatically popped out,” Southwell said.

A handful of states have a code or line item on sex offenders’ driver’s licenses, so officers know when they pull one over. California has no such provision. In Delaware, the letter “Y” is included on a driver’s license as a signal to officers that they are dealing with a sex offender. In Louisiana, it’s “SEX OFFENDER,” written in capital orange letters.

Robert Coombs, a lobbyist since 2005 for the California Coalition Against Sexual Assault, which represents 85 rape crisis centers statewide, isn’t sold on any sort of link between driving records and sex-offender registries.

“If he’s really interested in this subject of sex crimes, he can push to get the information and ask for it specifically, but it would be an enhancement to the community if this automatically popped out,” Southwell said.

A handful of states have a code or line item on sex offenders’ driver’s licenses, so officers know when they pull one over. California has no such provision. In Delaware, the letter “Y” is included on a driver’s license as a signal to officers that they are dealing with a sex offender. In Louisiana, it’s “SEX OFFENDER,” written in capital orange letters.

Robert Coombs, a lobbyist since 2005 for the California Coalition Against Sexual Assault, which represents 85 rape crisis centers statewide, isn’t sold on any sort of link between driving records and sex-offender registries.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/18/gardner-remained-free-after-repeated-run-ins/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1818 on: March 19, 2010, 03:38:45 PM »

Who is Dominique Whitehair, the sex offender caught with JAG and sent back to Prison?
Was he out of prison when Amber went missing? Is he still in prison?  Could he have known where Amber was found? 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1819 on: March 19, 2010, 03:39:41 PM »

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/cgi/prosoma.dll?zoomAction=Box&zoomAction=clickcenter&zoomAction=clickoffender&lastName=Whitehair&firstName=Dominique%20&Address=&City=&zipcode=&searchDistance=.75&City2=&countyLocation=&zipcode2=&SelectCounty=&ParkName=&searchDistance2=.75&City3=&zipcode3=&countyLocation3=&schoolName=&searchDistance3=.75&City4=&zipcode4=&countyLocation4=&refineID=&pan=&distacross=107211&centerlat=38409907&centerlon=-121514242&starlat=&starlon=&startext=&x1=&y1=&x2=&y2=&mapwidth=525&mapheight=400&zoom=&searchBy=namelist&id=&docountycitylist=2&OFDTYPE=&lang=ENGLISH

Last Name: WHITEHAIR  First Name: DOMINIQUE  Middle Name: JOHN 

Specific address not subject to disclosure

Description Offenses Scars/Marks/Tattoos Known Aliases
Last Known Address:
County: SAN DIEGO
Zip Code 92083
Date of Birth: 07-16-1977
Sex: MALE
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 190
Eye Color: HAZEL
Hair Color: BLONDE
Ethnicity: WHITE

Offense Code
Description
m647.6 ANNOY/MOLEST CHILDREN
None

WHITEHAIR, DOMINQUE JOHN

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.