May 20, 2024, 12:40:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #99 1/26/09 - 1/28/09  (Read 253906 times)
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: January 27, 2009, 09:10:20 AM »

Public Outcry Prompts Suspension Of Caylee Doll

POSTED: Tuesday, January 27, 2009
UPDATED: 8:53 am EST January 27, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A  promotions company that says it specializes in creating gifts from current news stories has suspended plans to sell a singing Caylee Anthony doll.

In a press release on the company's Web site, Jaime Salcedo, the president of Showbiz Promotions said:

"It was our intention to begin the sale of the Sunshine Caylee Doll at 12:00 p.m. January 27, 2009. As we mentioned to the media in our press release it was very important that we allow the press to present our idea to the public first, in an effort to measure the reaction to our fund raising efforts. As the story developed we also announced that we would be donating 100% of the profits to charity. However, after reviewing the response to our media introduction of the Sunshine Caylee Doll and listening to the advice of the general public. We feel that is it best to suspend the launch of The Sunshine Caylee Doll.

"While we still feel it is important to raise awareness and raise money to help stop this type of crime from being committed. We feel we can be more effective using more traditional methods.

"We would like to (thank) everyone who made comments or called us to express their opinion."

On Monday, the company listed the doll on its Web site for about $30.

The doll has blond hair, stands 18 inches tall and wears a white T-shirt and blue jeans. The company said it purposely did not create the doll in Caylee's likeness.

The doll plays the song "You Are My Sunshine" when you push its belly button, a song that Caylee was seen singing on a home video released shortly after she was declared missing.

Showbiz Promotions said it has no relation to the Anthony family, and that it would not get involved in the legal aspect of the case against Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony.

Casey Anthony, 22, remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in her daughter's death. Caylee's remains were found last month in a wooded area near the Orange County home where she lived with her mother and grandparents.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.
100% of the profit supposed to go charity
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #321 on: January 27, 2009, 09:11:43 AM »

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A Jacksonville-based promotions company that says it specializes in creating gifts from current news stories has suspended plans to sell a singing Caylee Anthony doll.

In a press release on the company's Web site, Jaime Salcedo, the president of Showbiz Promotions said:

"It was our intention to begin the sale of the Sunshine Caylee Doll at 12:00 p.m. January 27, 2009. As we mentioned to the media in our press release it was very important that we allow the press to present our idea to the public first, in an effort to measure the reaction to our fund raising efforts. As the story developed we also announced that we would be donating 100% of the profits to charity. However, after reviewing the response to our media introduction of the Sunshine Caylee Doll and listening to the advice of the general public. We feel that is it best to suspend the launch of The Sunshine Caylee Doll.

<<SNIP>>

Fund raising efforts my A$$...these guys must have ties to kidfinders ....grrrrrr

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #322 on: January 27, 2009, 09:14:52 AM »

"Lee Anthony has been working 18-hour days arranging parking areas for the Super Bowl. He also moved home to save money on rent."

18 hour days arranging parking for the Super Bowl?  Well there's a job with future growth potential.  Just make sure he doesn't have access to your trunk.

Now, that is FUNNY!      Good morning all!
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: January 27, 2009, 09:16:03 AM »

"Lee Anthony has been working 18-hour days arranging parking areas for the Super Bowl. He also moved home to save money on rent."

18 hour days arranging parking for the Super Bowl?  Well there's a job with future growth potential.  Just make sure he doesn't have access to your trunk.

Good Morning Sassy  and the rest of the Monkeys!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #324 on: January 27, 2009, 09:16:16 AM »

The Super Bowl is in Tampa, which is 1.5 hours from Orlando...now talk about parking in BFE! That would be one serious walk to the stadium for sure! We will be traveling up for Super Bowl fun on Saturday Smile  Love my Ben!!  If I see Lee I will give him a good old wacking with my Terrible Towel and let him know its from a group of monkeys!

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #325 on: January 27, 2009, 09:18:45 AM »

This doesn't surprise me...after NG went after the maker last night..she really asked the hard questions (for a change) and used her own book deal for an example...he wasn't pulling the wool over her eye's for one minute....

There were quite a few monkeys that emailed the jerk, I'm sure they got bombarded from all over!! WooHoo!! 

Thank God!!    I hope no one else tries to put a stupid stunt like this - just to make money off of Caylee's death.   geez.       
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #326 on: January 27, 2009, 09:19:29 AM »

GREAT to see that our e-mails helped to make this change. 
It is sad that these people did not take into consideration the fear and pain this child went through at the hands of her own mother. 
Try selling a shirt that reads "I 'heart' Caylee" or "God Bless Caylee" or "JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE" and then we can talk...but all money made would have to go to TES.  That I could live with.

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #327 on: January 27, 2009, 09:19:42 AM »

Hi Leroy.  I missed you yesterday, too.   Glad to see you in the cage this morning!   
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #328 on: January 27, 2009, 09:20:14 AM »

The Super Bowl is in Tampa, which is 1.5 hours from Orlando...now talk about parking in BFE! That would be one serious walk to the stadium for sure! We will be traveling up for Super Bowl fun on Saturday Smile  Love my Ben!!  If I see Lee I will give him a good old wacking with my Terrible Towel and let him know its from a group of monkeys!
Now THAT would make for a Bombshell!  Pregnant woman attacks LA with a Terrible Towel!  (I hope there are pics!)   

Morning Monkeys!

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
sweetstreets
Scared Monkey

« Reply #329 on: January 27, 2009, 09:22:04 AM »

(THE dOLL) May be the company should send ome to the As and to casey
i sent a email and ask them to do that
that would be interesting
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #330 on: January 27, 2009, 09:22:44 AM »

Hi Leroy.  I missed you yesterday, too.   Glad to see you in the cage this morning!   

Opps.  I meant to say that I missed QM yesterday.

Leroy - did you have your special meeting yet this morning??    I was thinking about you while drinking my coffee.  I hope your day is going well.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #331 on: January 27, 2009, 09:24:29 AM »

Now THAT would make for a Bombshell!  Pregnant woman attacks LA with a Terrible Towel!  (I hope there are pics!)   

Morning Monkeys!
I dont know, I am sure our friends who will be with us can take some pics as I know my hubs will be holding Lee down given he is just as disgusted with this family and is as wrapped up with this case as I am.
Put me on Nancy Grace, I have a few questions for her myself!  LOL

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #332 on: January 27, 2009, 09:27:07 AM »

I have not seen news_junky_monkey in a very long time.  She had some good media links and info.  Has anyone seen or heard from her lately?  I know we have lurkers, are you up there news_junky?? 
More lurkers should post, we need some variety here and I love hearing other views and opinions...keeps me on my toes!!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: January 27, 2009, 09:27:35 AM »

Lee Anthony's Attorney Says Client May Be Charged
Attorney: Lee Anthony Could Face Obstruction Of Justice Charges

POSTED: 12:14 pm EST January 26, 2009
UPDATED: 7:21 pm EST January 26, 2009

Lee Anthony’s attorney is speculating that his client may be charged in connection with his actions while his niece, Caylee Anthony, was missing.

Casey Anthony, Lee Anthony’s sister, is charged with Caylee’s murder. Caylee was 2 when she was reported missing in July. Her remains were found near the Anthony family home in December.

His attorney, Tom Luka, said the fact that Lee Anthony has not received a subpoena to testify could signal that the state may be looking to file charges against him. If he was subpoenaed, anything he said at a hearing could not be used against him in subsequent criminal charges.

"There were a number of instances where he was acting on behalf of his sister, or on behalf of law enforcement, that now could be seen as something less than benign or could be seen as hindering the investigation instead of assisting it," Luka said.

Luka said he fears his client may be charged with obstruction of justice or evidence tampering.

Lee Anthony has also been under other family related stresses, his attorney said.

"He’s struggling with the grief of the death of his niece, he is struggling with the fact that his sister, who he is very close to, is in jail and facing life in prison," Luka said. "He is facing the fact that the economic situation in his house is not the best."

Lee Anthony has been working 18-hour days arranging parking areas for the Super Bowl. He also moved home to save money on rent.

Meanwhile, a new witness list has been filed by the prosecution in the case against Casey Anthony.

The state filed the witness list Monday morning. It included the names of more than 140 potential witnesses, including Zenaida Gonzalez and several members of Anthony’s extended family.

Also on Monday, Anthony’s defense attorney, Jose Baez, filed new court documents Monday morning. The documents asked for unspecified sanctions against the state for failing to furnish the defense team with evidence from two experts in the case.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18565575/detail.html

Good Morning Monks..old and new!! 

"There were a number of instances where he was acting on behalf of his sister, or on behalf of law enforcement, that now could be seen as something less than benign or could be seen as hindering the investigation instead of assisting it," Luka said.

this statement is IMO is ridiculous......if Lee was acting on behalf of law enforcement (???) why would he be seen as hindering the investigation?....unless he LIED...and why would he be acting on behalf of LE to begin with?  I am pretty far back so I hope this statement has been covered....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #334 on: January 27, 2009, 09:31:18 AM »

Thanks for responding mytime and mary mary.  I wonder how KC will look for this court appearance since she will have time to do her hair and make-up.  You know last time she hadn't planned on attending but Judge Strickland corrected that little misunderstanding. 

I was just wondering that same thing.  Hair all fluffy lots of makeup, forget to button a few upper buttons.  Or will she go for the I am crazy desheveled look?   

I think she'll make an appointment at her favorite salon, "Turn Your Head and Coif".

Do No Evil 
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: January 27, 2009, 09:33:38 AM »

Leroy - did you have your special meeting yet this morning??    I was thinking about you while drinking my coffee.  I hope your day is going well.

THanks for thinking of me Sassy.  I'm actually sitting here like a fart in a skillet waiting for my phone to ring to find out the status   

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #336 on: January 27, 2009, 09:36:19 AM »

Its snowing here this morning.   My cats are all sitting in the windows, trying to figure out why white stuff is falling from the sky.   

We need to say a little prayer for all the monkeys getting ice.    Looks like some areas are going to get it bad.   
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #337 on: January 27, 2009, 09:37:13 AM »

---snip---

Luka said he fears his client may be charged with obstruction of justice or evidence tampering.

---snip---
http://www.wesh.com/news/18565575/detail.html

Thinks that he was helping his sister?  Is that not aiding a criminal?  That would be a legal issue...I would surely hope that LE would act on that!

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #338 on: January 27, 2009, 09:37:20 AM »

THanks for thinking of me Sassy.  I'm actually sitting here like a fart in a skillet waiting for my phone to ring to find out the status   

You're so cute.     
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #339 on: January 27, 2009, 09:39:40 AM »

Not trying to intrude here, but I hope that you receive the outcome you are hoping for!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.