May 17, 2024, 12:23:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #39 12/24/10 - 1/01/11  (Read 221175 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #800 on: December 31, 2010, 01:42:38 PM »

Glasses in mailbox is a total rumor...no basis in fact.
I do not believe LE would show the glasses to the public if they had been left in mailbox. Besides LE said they have no physical evidence in this case and glasses would be physical evidence, not to mention would also be a direction as far as what happened and LE is still saying they have no idea what took place.
Thank-you
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: December 31, 2010, 01:44:39 PM »

From last month:

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Exclusive--Kyron-Hormans-Mom-Talks-About-Disturbing-Emails--108170584.html

Desiree: Terri hated Kyron, blamed him for failing marriage

by Anne Yeager, KGW
kgw.com
Posted on November 15, 2010 at 8:10 AM
Updated Monday, Nov 15 at 5:28 PM

MEDFORD, Ore. -- In an exclusive interview on NBC's Today Show, Kyron Horman's mother said she thinks the missing 7-year old's step-mom could have hurt her son "in the worst way."

Desiree Young appeared on Today Monday morning. She talked about explosive emails that police showed her just last Friday. Sources told KGW that the emails were sent from Terri to an extended member of the family in the weeks just before Kyron's disappearance.

"I now believe without a shadow of a doubt that not only is she (Terri) capable of hurting Kyron, but that it's clear she could have hurt him in the worst possible way, " said Young, as she struggled to talk through the tears.

But what were in those emails?

Young said she couldn't go into specifics because of the ongoing investigation. But she didn't hold back about the ugly picture she said the emails painted.

"It's very clear from Terri’s horrible words that she had a severe hatred for Kyron and that she blamed a lot of the marital problems on Kyron," said Young.

Kyron Horman went missing from Skyline Elementary School on June 4th.  While Terri Horman has not been named as a suspect, she has clearly remained the focus of the investigation.

Desiree Young and Kyron's father Kaine Horman have long provided a united front in the search for their son. But on Monday, Desiree indicated she was seriously disappointed with Kaine for failing to share with her information of Terri's alleged issues with alcohol.

More: Kaine fears Kyron saw 'unimaginable horror'

"I just can't stand by and support the choices that he's making. He had several opportunities to let Tony (Desiree's husband) and I know what was going on and he did not, " she said.

"We learned all of this information after the fact and from the media. He had several opportunities to let Tony know, and I know, what was going on, and he did not, she said."

Kaine held a press conference late Monday morning. He said he could not comment specifically on anything Desiree said during the Today Show, because he did not watch the interview. But he did confirm that he got the same information about Terri's emails from police on Friday as Desiree.

When specifically questioned about Terris' drinking, Kaine said it took him a long time to realize the depth of her problem and that his now-estranged wife was in many ways, "a master of deception."

More: Kaine says Terri fooled him, too

In her interview on Today, Young also said that she tried to get custody of Kyron a year before he disappeared, but Kaine would not allow it. Young said Terri even called her on the phone to urge her to take over custody of Kyron because he was so upset.

"He (Kyron) was exhibiting some problems in school, expressing a lot of sadness, and upset at the situation. Kyron on many occasions said he wanted to live with me, " she recalled.

NBC's Meredith Vieira ended the interview by asking Desiree if she still has hope that Kyron is still alive.

"I will until the day I die, " said Young.
((snipped))
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #802 on: December 31, 2010, 01:47:41 PM »

I think one of the things that is hard for  people is the different faces of TH.

Some see the loving soccer Mom. 

But I don't know if that is her real persona.  James said that they moved around a lot.  And then we see her sexting. 

Her ex husband Ecker said that he wished that he had never married and that he provided stability to her.

Her first hubby-sounds like a lot of issues there.

There is a lot more to TH, I think, that we have not seen or heard about.
Could very well be true, but I also feel with almost all people we don't see everything, and a lot of people hide stuff that may be shocking to some.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #803 on: December 31, 2010, 01:51:40 PM »

From last month:

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Exclusive--Kyron-Hormans-Mom-Talks-About-Disturbing-Emails--108170584.html

Desiree: Terri hated Kyron, blamed him for failing marriage

by Anne Yeager, KGW
kgw.com
Posted on November 15, 2010 at 8:10 AM
Updated Monday, Nov 15 at 5:28 PM

MEDFORD, Ore. -- In an exclusive interview on NBC's Today Show, Kyron Horman's mother said she thinks the missing 7-year old's step-mom could have hurt her son "in the worst way."

Desiree Young appeared on Today Monday morning. She talked about explosive emails that police showed her just last Friday. Sources told KGW that the emails were sent from Terri to an extended member of the family in the weeks just before Kyron's disappearance.

"I now believe without a shadow of a doubt that not only is she (Terri) capable of hurting Kyron, but that it's clear she could have hurt him in the worst possible way, " said Young, as she struggled to talk through the tears.

But what were in those emails?

Young said she couldn't go into specifics because of the ongoing investigation. But she didn't hold back about the ugly picture she said the emails painted.

"It's very clear from Terri’s horrible words that she had a severe hatred for Kyron and that she blamed a lot of the marital problems on Kyron," said Young.

Kyron Horman went missing from Skyline Elementary School on June 4th.  While Terri Horman has not been named as a suspect, she has clearly remained the focus of the investigation.

Desiree Young and Kyron's father Kaine Horman have long provided a united front in the search for their son. But on Monday, Desiree indicated she was seriously disappointed with Kaine for failing to share with her information of Terri's alleged issues with alcohol.

More: Kaine fears Kyron saw 'unimaginable horror'

"I just can't stand by and support the choices that he's making. He had several opportunities to let Tony (Desiree's husband) and I know what was going on and he did not, " she said.

"We learned all of this information after the fact and from the media. He had several opportunities to let Tony know, and I know, what was going on, and he did not, she said."

Kaine held a press conference late Monday morning. He said he could not comment specifically on anything Desiree said during the Today Show, because he did not watch the interview. But he did confirm that he got the same information about Terri's emails from police on Friday as Desiree.

When specifically questioned about Terris' drinking, Kaine said it took him a long time to realize the depth of her problem and that his now-estranged wife was in many ways, "a master of deception."

More: Kaine says Terri fooled him, too

In her interview on Today, Young also said that she tried to get custody of Kyron a year before he disappeared, but Kaine would not allow it. Young said Terri even called her on the phone to urge her to take over custody of Kyron because he was so upset.

"He (Kyron) was exhibiting some problems in school, expressing a lot of sadness, and upset at the situation. Kyron on many occasions said he wanted to live with me, " she recalled.
NBC's Meredith Vieira ended the interview by asking Desiree if she still has hope that Kyron is still alive.

"I will until the day I die, " said Young.
((snipped))

BBM - "expressing a lot of sadness, and upset at the situation".  Have we heard about this portion before?  Especially the "sadness".

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: December 31, 2010, 02:03:15 PM »

From experience I will say that often, kids want to get away from the parent that makes them do stuff like clean their room, do chores, do homework, etc.  I have no idea the real reason why Kyron was wanting to live with Desiree but I don't blame Kaine or Desiree for not acting on it.  It is a very normal problem to have in a broken home scenerio.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #805 on: December 31, 2010, 02:08:56 PM »

The doctor's appointment:

Terri says it was for Friday, June 11 (not June 4).

So much has been said around this appointment.

Anyone think that if LE checked it out and there was no appointment on June 11, that it would have made the news somehow - via LE or Kaine/Desiree?

IMO - if there was no appointment on the 11th, that would be news.

IMO, I think the dr.'s appointment IS important in the sense that Kurtis stated he knew Kyron was absent because he had a dr.'s appointment. I can totally see Kyron telling Kurtis he couldn't eat lunch with him that day because he had to go to the dr.'s.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #806 on: December 31, 2010, 02:15:58 PM »

I was sitting here thinking last night about this case and how Terri decided to keep her lips from flapping to save her own azz, and not fight for Kiara, and I thought, "I wonder if her parents are able to visit Kaira" ? Do they have rights as grand parents?

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #807 on: December 31, 2010, 02:21:24 PM »

Anyone think that if LE checked it out and there was no appointment on June 11, that it would have made the news somehow - via LE or Kaine/Desiree?IMO - if there was no appointment on the 11th, that would be news.

IMO, I think the dr.'s appointment IS important in the sense that Kurtis stated he knew Kyron was absent because he had a dr.'s appointment. I can totally see Kyron telling Kurtis he couldn't eat lunch with him that day because he had to go to the dr.'s.

I agree on the importance also.  And when you add in Mrs. Porter's confusion it makes it all the more interesting, especially to me when we know that TH appeared to be high profile in that classroom w/that teacher prior to Kyron missing.  Makes me wonder how the communication got messed up.  JMO.

As to the BBM question from Puzzler.  Not necessarily because I'd think it would be a good piece of circumstantial evidence if witnesses felt lead to believe it was june 4th when infact it was june 11th.  jmo.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #808 on: December 31, 2010, 02:27:44 PM »

I was sitting here thinking last night about this case and how Terri decided to keep her lips from flapping to save her own azz, and not fight for Kiara, and I thought, "I wonder if her parents are able to visit Kaira" ? Do they have rights as grand parents?

Good question.  I on about.com it says this and now I see the importance of the six month time period as well for that state.  Interesting.

http://grandparents.about.com/od/grandparentsrights/qt/Grandparent_Rights_in_Oregon.htm

The statutes of Oregon providing for visitation rights are not limited to grandparents but include any person who has emotional ties with a child that have created a child-parent relationship or an "ongoing personal relationship." The statute defines a child-parent relationship as existing in whole or in part within the six months preceding the filing of a request for visitation. In this relationship, the person should have had physical custody, resided in the same house, or otherwise provided for the child's daily needs, meeting "the child's psychological need for a parent as well as the child's physical needs." The statute defines an "ongoing personal relationship" as one with with "substantial continuity for at least one year," featuring "interaction, companionship, interplay and mutuality."

more at the link. 

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #809 on: December 31, 2010, 02:29:15 PM »

Anyone think that if LE checked it out and there was no appointment on June 11, that it would have made the news somehow - via LE or Kaine/Desiree?IMO - if there was no appointment on the 11th, that would be news.

I agree on the importance also.  And when you add in Mrs. Porter's confusion it makes it all the more interesting, especially to me when we know that TH appeared to be high profile in that classroom w/that teacher prior to Kyron missing.  Makes me wonder how the communication got messed up.  JMO.

As to the BBM question from Puzzler.  Not necessarily because I'd think it would be a good piece of circumstantial evidence if witnesses felt lead to believe it was june 4th when infact it was june 11th.  jmo.

I agree FCL. At least 2 people with the same thought, that Kyron had a dr.'s appointment that day is more than unusual.

Let's see, are those 2 people misinformed, or is Terri lying to protect her own butt? I have a tendency to go with Ms. Porter and Kurtis' belief.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #810 on: December 31, 2010, 02:32:29 PM »

Good question.  I on about.com it says this and now I see the importance of the six month time period as well for that state.  Interesting.

http://grandparents.about.com/od/grandparentsrights/qt/Grandparent_Rights_in_Oregon.htm

The statutes of Oregon providing for visitation rights are not limited to grandparents but include any person who has emotional ties with a child that have created a child-parent relationship or an "ongoing personal relationship." The statute defines a child-parent relationship as existing in whole or in part within the six months preceding the filing of a request for visitation. In this relationship, the person should have had physical custody, resided in the same house, or otherwise provided for the child's daily needs, meeting "the child's psychological need for a parent as well as the child's physical needs." The statute defines an "ongoing personal relationship" as one with with "substantial continuity for at least one year," featuring "interaction, companionship, interplay and mutuality."

more at the link. 

So this is saying that her parents would be able to fight for visiting rights within 6 months? Am I correct?

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #811 on: December 31, 2010, 02:45:41 PM »

more at the link. 

So this is saying that her parents would be able to fight for visiting rights within 6 months? Am I correct?

Sorry my reference to the six months was regarding Terri, because in a news article a Family Law Advocate who was following the case kept mentioning after six months it would be harder for Terri to regain custody of Kiara.  But when reading this it can't fit with whatever he was referring to because this uses the word preceding.  And to the best of my knowledge the 6 months preceding the 06/28 Divorce filing they had joint custody and it appeared fine until all hell broke loose.  JMO. 

rest of the article for grandparents;

As is usual, the parents are presumed to have acted in the best interest of the child in refusing visitation, and the person seeking visitation must rebut that presumption. In deciding whether to award visitation or contact rights over the objection of the legal parent, the court may consider factors including the following:

The grandparent is or recently has been the child’s primary caretaker.

Denying the request for visitation would be detrimental to the child.

The relationship between the grandparent and the child has been encouraged or consented to by the parent.

Visitation would not interfere with the custodial relationship.

The legal parent has unreasonably denied or limited visitation.

In deciding whether deciding whether the presumption of parents acting in the child's best interest has been rebutted, the court may consider the same factors, considering as well whether the legal parent is unwilling or unable to care for the child.

Scared Monkey

« Reply #812 on: December 31, 2010, 02:49:30 PM »

The other boy's mother did not really say that her son knew that Kyron had an appointment; she said he knew he wasn't there all day and the part about him having an appointment was outisde the quotation marks, not a part of what she said he said. It is a badly written paragraph and am trying to find it without much luck so far, will keep trying.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #813 on: December 31, 2010, 03:00:58 PM »

This one ?;

“And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said. “And then at lunchtime, Kurtis ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And Kurtis said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom.’”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #814 on: December 31, 2010, 03:05:31 PM »

I agree that the doctor appointment is extremely important, but not whether she had one scheduled for the 11th. She would be smart to have one scheduled for the 11th to cover her story that it was the 11th.  That part is totally immaterial to me.

I , however, believe the idea of the appt on the 4th is the most crucial to the case.  There was no appt on the 4th.  TH just led people to believe there was one that day.  Very clever on her part. Hopefully, other people heard her talking about what she was doing that day.  That is one of the most important pieces to the puzzle.  Lying or not?  Misdirection or not?
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #815 on: December 31, 2010, 03:07:37 PM »

This one ?;

“And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said. “And then at lunchtime, Kurtis ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And Kurtis said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom.’”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html

Just to add to that, more of the article.

<snipped>

Kim Holm’s son, Kurtis, who Terri Horman photographed with his science project around the time she took a picture of Kyron that morning, said her son knew about the appointment too.

At 1:21 that afternoon Terri Horman posted the science fair photos on her Facebook page. At 3:30 she went to meet Kyron’s school bus, which he never boarded. Then came her 9-1-1 call, and the search for Kyron began.

The issue of the doctor appointment is among several questions KATU News has submitted to Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton. He is expected to answer those questions, in writing, sometime in the next couple of days.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #816 on: December 31, 2010, 03:08:09 PM »

HelloKitty your not alone on those thoughts;

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/kyron-horman-family-names-woman-eyed-boys-disapperance/story?id=11234220

The family's statement comes one day after ABC's Portland affiliate KATU reported that Terri Horman had told Kyron's teachers and classmates that he would be out of the classroom that Friday at a doctor's appointment, giving the school no reason to expect him back after the science fair that morning where Kyron showed off his project on frogs.

But Terri Horman has been vague with investigators, the affiliate reported, later telling detective she was referring to the next Friday, June 11.

"Clearly even school children were aware that he was going to the doctor that day and they expected him to be at the doctor that day so now after the fact to say, 'I didn't know it was that day, it was another day' it is weak," former homicide detective C.W. Jensen said.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #817 on: December 31, 2010, 03:12:07 PM »

I agree that the doctor appointment is extremely important, but not whether she had one scheduled for the 11th. She would be smart to have one scheduled for the 11th to cover her story that it was the 11th.  That part is totally immaterial to me.

I , however, believe the idea of the appt on the 4th is the most crucial to the case.  There was no appt on the 4th.  TH just led people to believe there was one that day. Very clever on her part.
Hopefully, other people heard her talking about what she was doing that day.  That is one of the most important pieces to the puzzle.  Lying or not?  Misdirection or not?

I agree, although I don't think it was clever because she didn't think that Kyron would tell someone else.

bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #818 on: December 31, 2010, 03:17:13 PM »

Maybe I am very thick, but I am still not getting from the quotes above that Kurtis SAID he knew Kyron had a doctor's appointment, just that he knew he wasn't there all day. I am thinking his mom tacked on the bit about the appointment as it was already in discussion by then. She does not say he said it, at least not to me. Of course, bad writing does not help clarify matters. If she did say it, it should be within the quotes.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: December 31, 2010, 03:19:59 PM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/default.aspx

Complete coverage:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopular/story/Terri-wants-money-to-move-out-Kyron-Horman/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.