May 01, 2024, 10:33:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #10  (Read 448769 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2880 on: December 18, 2009, 10:26:43 AM »

Morning all

Got daughter to school for her breakfast that the teachers are doing.  The school smelled so good so I wandered into the gym.  Pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, fresh fruit, bagels and no shortage of juices.  My tummy started growling and has not stopped.

that is so nice that the teachers are doing that!

as a side note, at my grand daughters school, no home made treats are allowed for snacks or parties...has to be purchased at a store...I suppose cause of the liability ...nothing like a home made Christmas sugar cookie! or home made fudge...also, have to be aware of food allergies...very limited to what can be brought in...and the teacher has to remember who can have what to eat..
Now I have to rant, this is just plain dumb, they have literally taken all the fun away from kids. I remember all the fun times with baked goods being brought to school, and I use to love to bring baked goods to my kids school when they were little. I understand about allergies, though that was never brought up when I was young. But to deprive a kid from homemade goodies, but they can have store bought goodies, which isn't as good, is silly.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2881 on: December 18, 2009, 10:27:25 AM »

Morning all

Got daughter to school for her breakfast that the teachers are doing.  The school smelled so good so I wandered into the gym.  Pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, fresh fruit, bagels and no shortage of juices.  My tummy started growling and has not stopped.
That is such a wonderful idea, I have never heard of teachers doing that before, I'm sure all the kids will enjoy that great breakfast 

I agree that it is a great idea.  It also builds the relationship between the students and teachers.  At my youngest son's school they do a BBQ and corn roast in the fall and the teachers BBQ for the students and their familes.  That is a evening event and usually on a Friday.  They set up BBQ's in front of the school and all the teachers BBQ  for the kids and their families.  It's pretty funny as  cars that are going by will stop and see what is going on and they usually get fed as well. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2882 on: December 18, 2009, 10:29:01 AM »

Morning all

That is such a wonderful idea, I have never heard of teachers doing that before, I'm sure all the kids will enjoy that great breakfast 

I agree that it is a great idea.  It also builds the relationship between the students and teachers.  At my youngest son's school they do a BBQ and corn roast in the fall and the teachers BBQ for the students and their familes.  That is a evening event and usually on a Friday.  They set up BBQ's in front of the school and all the teachers BBQ  for the kids and their families.  It's pretty funny as  cars that are going by will stop and see what is going on and they usually get fed as well. 
Wow, that is so cool. I have never heard of that either, very smart idea, and the kids and teachers can all enjoy 
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2883 on: December 18, 2009, 10:30:29 AM »

Good morning everyone and happy friday!!!!!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2884 on: December 18, 2009, 10:31:08 AM »

Morning all

as a side note, at my grand daughters school, no home made treats are allowed for snacks or parties...has to be purchased at a store...I suppose cause of the liability ...nothing like a home made Christmas sugar cookie! or home made fudge...also, have to be aware of food allergies...very limited to what can be brought in...and the teacher has to remember who can have what to eat..
Now I have to rant, this is just plain dumb, they have literally taken all the fun away from kids. I remember all the fun times with baked goods being brought to school, and I use to love to bring baked goods to my kids school when they were little. I understand about allergies, though that was never brought up when I was young. But to deprive a kid from homemade goodies, but they can have store bought goodies, which isn't as good, is silly.

I wonder if you labled your treats with name address and phone number and ingredients if they would allow them? 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2885 on: December 18, 2009, 10:33:01 AM »

Morning all

I wonder if you labled your treats with name address and phone number and ingredients if they would allow them? 
  Probably not, does the school think that a parent is going to poison the kids? Just makes no sense to me at all.  Good Morning ScareyCarrie 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2886 on: December 18, 2009, 10:34:11 AM »

Morning all

I know Rosie! I was going to make some cookies for a treat for her class in preschool and was told that it has to be packaged from a store....same with her 1st grade class..and it is the same way in my other grand daughters preschool...nothing home made...
I wonder if it is also because of the potential for food poisoning and then the school would be liable?
It does take the fun out of it though...
I suppose that I shouldn't complain about not having homemade Christmas cookies for a class party..at least they are still allowing kids to have a Christmas party...maybe it is called a Holiday party for all I know...but to me, it is Christmas and it is a Christmas party...

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2887 on: December 18, 2009, 10:34:23 AM »

Synchronized Christmas lights play to music - Carol of the Bells

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/u1HmcvXFgaY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/u1HmcvXFgaY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #2888 on: December 18, 2009, 10:35:35 AM »

Happy Friday Everyone

too funny! and a wonderful  Friday to you too!
It makes me laugh everytime I see this little video 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2889 on: December 18, 2009, 10:35:51 AM »

I'm just glad I grew up when and where I did, and had the opportunity to enjoy being a kid. It scares me when I see some of the little ones in the neighborhood, and how grown up they are and they shouldn't be at the age they are. The other day one of the kids who is in fifth grade was arguing outside about wearing mascara to school, the mom was saying yes, the step dad was yelling at her to wash it off 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #2890 on: December 18, 2009, 10:36:26 AM »

Morning all

That is wonderful - I am so hungry now I think I might have to eat after reading this.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2891 on: December 18, 2009, 10:36:47 AM »

Morning all

Probably not, does the school think that a parent is going to poison the kids? Just makes no sense to me at all.  Good Morning ScareyCarrie 

What sad statement of society if a school has to worry about parents sending in tainted treats.  That makes me sad and angry at the same time.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2892 on: December 18, 2009, 10:37:10 AM »

Cookie that is good that the school is still allowing a Christmas party 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2893 on: December 18, 2009, 10:38:20 AM »

I'm sad and angry about a lot of things that kids can't enjoy like it use to be 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2894 on: December 18, 2009, 10:38:22 AM »

I'm just glad I grew up when and where I did, and had the opportunity to enjoy being a kid. It scares me when I see some of the little ones in the neighborhood, and how grown up they are and they shouldn't be at the age they are. The other day one of the kids who is in fifth grade was arguing outside about wearing mascara to school, the mom was saying yes, the step dad was yelling at her to wash it off 

I know Rosie...it is scary...
my 6 yr old GD is 6 going on 13 in some ways and in other ways is still a mere babe....

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2895 on: December 18, 2009, 10:40:46 AM »

I am not real sure on the reasoning behind the store bought treats...either allergies or worry of tainted treats..not intentional tainting...but the fear that someone could get sick from home made treats brought in..sortof like potlucks that people have gotten ill from eating? dunno...one of these days I will ask GD's teacher...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2896 on: December 18, 2009, 10:42:13 AM »

I know Rosie...it is scary...
my 6 yr old GD is 6 going on 13 in some ways and in other ways is still a mere babe....
I know what you are talking about. Then again I was very naive and didn't know a lot of stuff until I was in my late teens, believe it or not.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2897 on: December 18, 2009, 10:45:12 AM »

Morning all

I know Rosie! I was going to make some cookies for a treat for her class in preschool and was told that it has to be packaged from a store....same with her 1st grade class..and it is the same way in my other grand daughters preschool...nothing home made...
I wonder if it is also because of the potential for food poisoning and then the school would be liable?
It does take the fun out of it though...
I suppose that I shouldn't complain about not having homemade Christmas cookies for a class party..at least they are still allowing kids to have a Christmas party...maybe it is called a Holiday party for all I know...but to me, it is Christmas and it is a Christmas party...

My daughters breakfast was called Christmas breakfast and they were playing carols through the school PA system.  I heard Hark the Herald Angels and Joy to the World while I was there.  Parents and kids were singing as they were coming in and anyone that owned a Santa hat was wearing it.  It was really festive and you could feel the good vibe in that school.  Kids were exchanging hugs freely to teachers and friends.  They are singing carols in the gym after breakfast and then each class is getting together for their own little parties.  I could not imagine what a Christmas celebration would be in a  school if you took Christ out of Christmas.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2898 on: December 18, 2009, 10:48:11 AM »

I am beyond thrilled Northern Rose that this is what is going on at the schools by you. Heaven forbid if you say Merry Christmas or have a Christmas party here in the public schools where I live  dirty shame if you ask me. And I know all the reasons why they can't, blah, blah.
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2899 on: December 18, 2009, 10:55:24 AM »

Morning all

Mornin  how are ya
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.