May 21, 2024, 04:05:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 148 9/30/09 - 10/11/09  (Read 288997 times)
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: October 01, 2009, 12:12:18 AM »

Good evening, Grandma2Maddie, rmcalo, tupelohoney, N2WISHN, NCMike, Ono, GoldieTX, Blumonkey, Missiontoconvict, tesfan, BooMonkey and 17 Guests !  I remembered my manners this time.  Aren't you proud of me?  LOL!  Lots of good posts these last two days, everybody.  Keep it up!  Heading out for a bit to wade through some docs and check Haleigh's thread. BBL, Lord willing.

HI ISPY - Great post up there.  You are so right about what Cindy should be doing but something struck me when I read it and that is I wonder if they even have Caylee's room intact - I wonder if they haven't dismantled it like they seem to have erased the fact she exsisted. 

You wouldn't know by their behavior that they even had a grandchild named Caylee    Caylee's name rarely passes their lips - it is all about their murderous daughter, but you are so right Cindy needs to go in that room, turn off the lights and start digging deep down into her soul and do some introspecting.....unfortunately she doesn't have what it takes be a real woman, a real grandmother or a real human being.

Actually Missiontoconvict, that thought crossed my mind too.  IMO, they probably just keep the door closed and walk on by (other than maybe occasionally dusting it).  I'd be surprised if they dismantle it because someone may want to do an interview at some point and ask to see it.  I hope I'm wrong (I'd like to be), but when this is all over, whoever writes their book will want to see it, I'm sure...to show how well-loved Caylee was by her family.  You know a room full of toys, a hundred pairs of sunglasses, and a dresser full of clothes= love.  Right?

I think Caylee's room has been dismantled to make room for their lovely houseguests, the Milsteads.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #481 on: October 01, 2009, 12:17:38 AM »

Good evening, Grandma2Maddie, rmcalo, tupelohoney, N2WISHN, NCMike, Ono, GoldieTX, Blumonkey, Missiontoconvict, tesfan, BooMonkey and 17 Guests !  I remembered my manners this time.  Aren't you proud of me?  LOL!  Lots of good posts these last two days, everybody.  Keep it up!  Heading out for a bit to wade through some docs and check Haleigh's thread. BBL, Lord willing.

HI ISPY - Great post up there.  You are so right about what Cindy should be doing but something struck me when I read it and that is I wonder if they even have Caylee's room intact - I wonder if they haven't dismantled it like they seem to have erased the fact she exsisted. 

You wouldn't know by their behavior that they even had a grandchild named Caylee    Caylee's name rarely passes their lips - it is all about their murderous daughter, but you are so right Cindy needs to go in that room, turn off the lights and start digging deep down into her soul and do some introspecting.....unfortunately she doesn't have what it takes be a real woman, a real grandmother or a real human being.

Actually Missiontoconvict, that thought crossed my mind too.  IMO, they probably just keep the door closed and walk on by (other than maybe occasionally dusting it).  I'd be surprised if they dismantle it because someone may want to do an interview at some point and ask to see it.  I hope I'm wrong (I'd like to be), but when this is all over, whoever writes their book will want to see it, I'm sure...to show how well-loved Caylee was by her family.  You know a room full of toys, a hundred pairs of sunglasses, and a dresser full of clothes= love.  Right?

Monkeys...ya'll were awesome today, as usual! Thanks for sharing all your thoughts and the links.

ISpy...I noticed that too...that to them, the pics should say it all but it doesn't. I know and have known unhappy families that don't look miserable in photos or videos, but they are/were.

Night everyone. 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #482 on: October 01, 2009, 12:31:38 AM »

So true ISPY money can't buy love and unfortunately for Caylee it couldn't even buy her a chance at life. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: October 01, 2009, 12:34:28 AM »

From last year around this time:

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #484 on: October 01, 2009, 12:39:10 AM »

Thanks for the replies. I sounded snarky, and I definitely didn't intend that when I asked!  an angelic monkey

Rough day for everyone today, I think. 

Most welcome Gizzie, we all grapple with being aggravated & frustrated with this case & others, totally understandable....but then again I didnt take your 2nd request as "snarky" either, you just were looking for an answer.

Not sure if you saw my opinion on the defense's motions but Ill repeat it here for what it is worth

Reply #402 on: Today at 06:53:02 PM

Now regarding the defense motions:

1)  Reminder:   The Grand Jury indicted on felony murder/DP qualified based on evidence presented at that time (Oct 2008 BEFORE remains were recovered) so keep that in mind

2)  The defense cannot state that there is NO evidence other than circumstantial at this juncture

3)  It is incorrectly stated by Lyons/Baez aka "Amazon/Bozo" that there is only (1) aggravating factor applied to this felony murder which requires (2) or more.   The second that IS applicable in this case is that an aggravated assault did indeed take place upon this minor victim in addition to the admitted factor of age younger than 12 which is a mandatory factor-keep in mind that had to be evident during the Grand Jury in turn resulted in an indictment on BOTH felony murdeer and an aggravated assault upon a minor.

Again, there is no "bad faith" or malicious prosecution present here in this case, that is IMHO

Thank you so much Capp! The # 1 part, the reminder, I'm going to keep this in the front of my mind when I have future doubts! Sorry I didn't respond til now, was thread hopping, trying to catch up! That'll teach me to get p.o'd again so early in the day! 

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #485 on: October 01, 2009, 12:42:28 AM »

CBB, Babybear, and O4Bull all said things that really got me thinking about Cindy's personality...specifically her combativeness.  CBB and Babybear pointed out how this is all like a big game/challenge to Cindy.  O4Bull made a post in Haleigh's thread that reminded me of how Cindy deliberately engaged and provoked protesters over and over (and then complained about them, but I digress). It reminded me of how Cindy would make a big show of hammering in those No-Trespassing signs when there was a full audience.  They rarely came out at night, when the crowd was gone, even though their whole yard and driveway were lit up by media lights.  If privacy was what they were really after, why didn't they come out after everyone went home to water the yard, string that ridiculous orange tape, and hammer to their hearts' content?

Cindy's personality will not allow her to stand down.  She thrives on confrontation, win-at-all-cost.  Couple that, with a daughter with the same personality...just as strong-willed, short-tempered, lacking self-control, dishonest, and spiteful.  IMO, Casey would like to have killed her parents but couldn't (it would look very suspicious for CA & GA both to have an untimely accident), which only added to her frustration with them.  Add to that innocent little Caylee doing and saying cute childish things and receiving approval/affection just added fuel to the hatred for them and Caylee.  Caylee talking more readily about events of the day and people was definitely a contributing factor (IMO), as well as Casey's busy social life.  IMO, I can't see Cindy trying to choke Casey as being anything less than knock-down, drag-out.  They're both too volatile for that to have been a meeting of the minds.  I think Lee mentioned it to LE because he figured the neighbors had to have heard it and it was a preemptive strike.  He acknowledged it, but mentioned it in passing in an attempt to downplay it.  I think the fight experience is what prompted George to buy and hide the gun, the day Casey bonded out.  He wasn't going to be caught unawares.  All strictly MO.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #486 on: October 01, 2009, 12:48:12 AM »

Thanks for the replies. I sounded snarky, and I definitely didn't intend that when I asked!  an angelic monkey

Rough day for everyone today, I think. 

You didn't sound snarky Gizzie. 

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #487 on: October 01, 2009, 12:57:36 AM »

I remember that first pic scared me to death the first time I saw it, I had my eyes fixated on that cam for so many days, I actually thought there was some action. Monkey Devil!
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #488 on: October 01, 2009, 12:58:15 AM »

Truthfully, Babybear, I think the Milsteads are using Casey's room.

Well, time to hit the hay.  I've been here longer than I planned (page loading issue w/ my computer).  Thanks for all the great discussion and the walk down Anthony cam lane.  LOL! Hope you all have a great evening/morning.  Take good care!  Carry on!

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #489 on: October 01, 2009, 12:58:51 AM »

Love the pics Klaas    With that I am taking a chuckle and heading to bed.  Good night Monkeys  an angelic monkey

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #490 on: October 01, 2009, 01:05:12 AM »

Hi ISpy !   
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #491 on: October 01, 2009, 01:06:12 AM »

Good night Mission and ISpy, Sleep well! an angelic monkey

cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #492 on: October 01, 2009, 01:06:23 AM »

I think that Casey is getting what she wants and the FBI is doing its best effort to make the Anthony's happy not being professionals in their investigation. I believe that FBI does not have enough evidence, to put Casey behind bars for ever. At this point I believe that Cindy and George move the body where caylee was found. since that day Cindy fought for her daughter innocence because also she is fighting for her freedom.
stop that!  Who's posting for you?  You don't "sound" like yourself tonight!!     If  rosebud or rosebuddy moved the body, they would have taken her to PR.  They would have at least taken her to someplace further than down the street.  They would have moved her, if they could have, but I don't think they did.

If Cin Cin and Georgie had anything to do with moving Caylee's body they would have put her on Richard Grund's front lawn. 
OH, good one.  NO kidding, you're probably exactly right.
I can see cin cin dancing the macarena with George after all those released documents. I believe that cin cin could do everything to help the brat get out of jail but her helpers are not that brave or smart to move the body more farther remember that George is too chicken to do it or too lazy and the muppet of Casey's brother can not even fold his clothes...
this kind of mistakes are very difficult to see in regular cases or maybe happen and nobody say nothing.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #493 on: October 01, 2009, 01:16:10 AM »

I wonder if Brad Conway secretly regrets taking this case yet?  Although he's good at verbal chess games, surely he sees the potential damage nibbling away at his credibility.

I predict there will not be a change of venue.
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #494 on: October 01, 2009, 01:41:05 AM »

I wonder if Brad Conway secretly regrets taking this case yet?  Although he's good at verbal chess games, surely he sees the potential damage nibbling away at his credibility.

I predict there will not be a change of venue.

I think I have to agree with you. Not after what happened today! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #495 on: October 01, 2009, 02:59:52 AM »

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the o/t...

Sandy Leiva, please check Natalee's thread before you call it a night.  I'm hoping when you have time that you might translate an article or two of Jossy Mansur's for me.  I'm dying to know what he really said.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: October 01, 2009, 06:59:04 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/9/30/sources_duct_tape_evidence_in_casey_case_doesn39t_add_up.html
 Casey's Attorneys Want Case Dismissed
Thursday, October 01, 2009 12:45:58 AM

Reported By Jacqueline Fell, Scott Harris and Adam Longo

ORLANDO -- Casey Anthony’s legal team filed new motions Wednesday: One to get the death penalty off the table, and another asking for the case to be dismissed.

The new motions came just hours after Brad Conway, the attorney for George and Cindy Anthony, released more documents, saying he can prove the duct tape at the crime scene does not match tape found at the Anthony home.
The case against Casey Anthony seems to have turned into a paperwork war, with more than 220 pages of motions released Wednesday, following over 1,000 pages of information released Tuesday.

The latest motions give a glimpse into how the defense plans to chip away at the state’s case.

The first thing the defense wants is for the state to throw out the top two counts of the indictment: first-degree murder and aggrivated child abuse.

“The State’s first degree murder case is based purely on circumstantial and speculative evidence,” Casey’s lawyers wrote in the motion.

That would leave “aggravated manslaughter of a child” and four counts of “providing false information to a law enforcement officer.”

Why does the defense think that will fly? According to the motion, “The undisputed facts of the case show the prosecution can’t prove a first degree murder case.”
Despite the Orange County medical examiner having ruled 2-year-old Caylee Anthony’s death a homicide, Casey’s lawyers said there has been no evidence introduced to back up that claim.

“The State cannot establish whether Caylee Anthony’s death was accidental, natural or the result of an intentional or negligent homicide,” lawyers said.

Attached to the motions are also excerpts of investigator interviews done with Casey's friends.

They wrote: "…the facts show that Miss Anthony was a good mother .. "

The defense team bases their motion to throw out the death penalty on the same premise. They said there's insufficient evidence to establish first-degree murder, and accuse prosecutors of biting off more than they should have chewed.

"The Prosecution appears to be seeking the death penalty in this case to obtain a conviction-prone jury where such a punishment is clearly unwarranted," the lawyers said.

The motion is the second to dismiss the case in less than two weeks. The first one was based on defense attorneys being denied access to the crime scene, as well as evidence tampering.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: October 01, 2009, 07:01:22 AM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: October 01, 2009, 07:09:51 AM »

I've been thinking of Cindy's email to DC in which she says something to the effect that she has people who can fly "under the radar" and take Rev. Grund down.   IMO this means that she has someone who will perform illegal acts for her, such as getting rid of someone. Taking him down...Hmmm... Does this mean kill someone for her? If so, isn't this some kind of terrorist threat?  Shouldn't this be pursued by LE? Why does Cindy get to do anything she damn well pleases and never have any consequences? Back to my old question:  Why are the Anthonys covered with Teflon? I believe the statute of limitation has run on some of the things they might have done in July of '09 which could IMO be considered tampering with evidence and interferring with an investigation.  Also, lying to LE. How do they get away with it? Why do they get away with it?  Who the heck does LE think the Anthonys are, anyhow?

Good morning monkeys!

Funny you should mention that because yesterday I dropped a note to Rev Grund to let him know that there was something in the discovery that he needed to see not only because its obvious the Anthonys spearheaded by Cindy have been trying to pin this on Jesse & slander his family in the process BUT it has been largely believed that she is at the helm of some internet nutjobs forwarding her cause to do just what she stated in her email to DC which Rev Grund has had to addressed a few times & an investigation has been ongoing.  Way down the road, remember I mentioned this     A terrorist threat would have to be against the life of, or a threat to cause bodily injury to, a person - to be honest Im not sure she meant physical harm or death per se, then again I wouldnt be shocked.

As far as criminal charges, they are not out of the woods yet although it does appear now that they are made of teflon.  As despicable as they are I'm sure law enforcement is weighing the fact that right now it is paramount that they bring Caylee's murderer to justice & although the Anthonys  obviously broke the law in several regards they are victims of a murdered child so they are probably contemplating how that will perceived by and large by the public if they pursue prosecuting them...I pray they do rightfully so.  Here is some criminal  statute of Limitation information, there are separate statutes of limitations for civil matters:

FEDERAL
3282. Offenses not capital
(a) In General.— Except as otherwise expressly provided by law, no person shall be prosecuted, tried, or punished for any offense, not capital, unless the indictment is found or the information is instituted within five years next after such offense shall have been committed.
3281. Capital offenses
An indictment for any offense punishable by death may be found at any time without limitation

Florida Criminal Statute of Limitations Laws
Code Section 775.15
Felonies Felony that resulted in death: none; perjury in official proceeding that relates to prosecution of a capitol felony: none; Capital or life felony: none; 1st degree felony and 2nd degree felony for abuse or neglect of aged or disabled adult: 5 yrs.; others: 3 yrs.; other felony, violation of securities transaction: 5 yrs.; violation of environmental control: 5 yrs. of date of discovery; any offense which fraud or breach of fiduciary obligation is a material element: 3 yrs.; misconduct in public office: within 2 yrs. of leaving office or any above limit, whichever is greater; sexual offenses (battery, assault, intercourse under age 18): begins running at age 16 or when violation is reported, whichever is earlier.
Misdemeanors Other 1st degree misdemeanors: 2 yrs.; 2nd degree and noncriminal violations: 1 yr.
Acts During Which Statute Does Not Run Continually absent from state, no reasonably ascertainable work or abode in state: maximum extension 3 yrs.

837.012  Perjury when not in an official proceeding.--
(1)  Whoever makes a false statement, which he or she does not believe to be true, under oath, not in an official proceeding, in regard to any material matter shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(2)  Knowledge of the materiality of the statement is not an element of this crime, and the defendant's mistaken belief that his or her statement was not material is not a defense.
837.02  Perjury in official proceedings.--
(1)  Except as provided in subsection (2), whoever makes a false statement, which he or she does not believe to be true, under oath in an official proceeding in regard to any material matter, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(2)  Whoever makes a false statement, which he or she does not believe to be true, under oath in an official proceeding that relates to the prosecution of a capital felony, commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(3)  Knowledge of the materiality of the statement is not an element of the crime of perjury under subsection (1) or subsection (2), and the defendant's mistaken belief that the statement was not material is not a defense.
837.021  Perjury by contradictory statements.--
(1)  Except as provided in subsection (2), whoever, in one or more official proceedings, willfully makes two or more material statements under oath which contradict each other, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(2)  Whoever, in one or more official proceedings that relate to the prosecution of a capital felony, willfully makes two or more material statements under oath which contradict each other, commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(3)  In any prosecution for perjury under this section:
   (a)  The prosecution may proceed in a single count by setting forth the willful making of contradictory statements under oath and alleging in the     alternative that one or more of them are false.
   (b)  The question of whether a statement was material is a question of law to be determined by the court.
   (c)  It is not necessary to prove which, if any, of the contradictory statements is not true.
   (d)  It is a defense that the accused believed each statement to be true at the time the statement was made.
(4)  A person may not be prosecuted under this section for making contradictory statements in separate proceedings if the contradictory statement made in the most recent proceeding was made under a grant of immunity under s. 914.04; but such person may be prosecuted under s. 837.02 for any false statement made in that most recent proceeding, and the contradictory statements may be received against him or her upon any criminal investigation or proceeding for such perjury
837.05  False reports to law enforcement authorities.--
(1)  Except as provided in subsection (2), whoever knowingly gives false information to any law enforcement officer concerning the alleged commission of any crime, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(2)  Whoever knowingly gives false information to a law enforcement officer concerning the alleged commission of a capital felony, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
837.055  False information to law enforcement during investigation.-- Whoever knowingly and willfully gives false information to a law enforcement officer who is conducting a missing person investigation or a felony criminal investigation with the intent to mislead the officer or impede the investigation commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #499 on: October 01, 2009, 07:21:39 AM »

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.