May 13, 2024, 05:15:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan #2 6/05/09 -  (Read 466639 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1500 on: November 19, 2010, 12:06:45 PM »

an angelic monkey  Thank-you for all the updates, I was just talking about Nevaeh to my dad who is visiting, and then I came here and saw the updates.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1501 on: November 23, 2010, 10:57:24 PM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1502 on: November 24, 2010, 09:07:32 AM »

Thank you JessStar.  I'm hoping and praying there will be justice for little angel Nevaeh.  an angelic monkey 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1503 on: December 17, 2010, 12:06:02 AM »

Nevaeh Christmas party a good time with a serious message

by Laura Rice
Posted: 12.15.2010 at 11:32 PM

'MONROE, MI -- It has been 18 months since an unknown killer kidnapped and took the life of 5-year-old Monroe girl Nevaeh Buchanan.

Wednesday evening the Monroe community came together not only to keep Nevaeh's name and story in everyone's hearts and minds but to have fun and honor her memory.

Kids... many little girls with long, brown hair just like Nevaeh's... celebrated the season by decorating cookies, enjoying crafts and claiming some cool gifts.

It was a bittersweet reminder of this party's purpose.

"A lot of Nevaeh's friends are here and when they come up and they tell you, 'I remember her and I miss her.' It kind of hits you in the heart," said Joe Starkey, Justice for Nevaeh President.

Starkey and his partner funded this annual Christmas gathering themselves and with help from donations.

Organizers say they want the kids to just have fun but they want the parents to walk away with a more serious message.

"We need parents to realize that the killer is still out there and to be aware and keep an eye on their children. We never in a million years thought this would happen to us and it did," said Nevaeh's Grandma Carla Nash.

Parents hold their kids a little tighter with the memory of what happened to Nevaeh but, for the moment, everyone just has a little fun.

"This is something Nevaeh would have wanted," said Nash. "She would have loved this. And you look around and you see the other kids--they're having a blast and this is something Nevaeh would have enjoyed--she would have loved being here."

If you missed Wednesday's event, you can catch it again Thursday.

It runs from 5:00 pm until 8:30 pm at the Moose Lodge on North Macomb Street in Monroe.

CLICK HERE for more information on the non-profit organization Justice for Nevaeh.

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=555413

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1504 on: December 24, 2010, 01:46:13 PM »

Merry Christmas Angel!

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1505 on: December 30, 2010, 12:07:40 PM »

Jess star-  Thank you so much for your continued help in pursuing justice for Nevaeh and making sure no one forgets her name. It is so important to keep her name out there. 

Do we know if the two men arrested that are rso's still in jail? 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1506 on: December 30, 2010, 06:43:57 PM »

Nevaeh Christmas party a good time with a serious message

by Laura Rice
Posted: 12.15.2010 at 11:32 PM

'MONROE, MI -- It has been 18 months since an unknown killer kidnapped and took the life of 5-year-old Monroe girl Nevaeh Buchanan.

Wednesday evening the Monroe community came together not only to keep Nevaeh's name and story in everyone's hearts and minds but to have fun and honor her memory.

Kids... many little girls with long, brown hair just like Nevaeh's... celebrated the season by decorating cookies, enjoying crafts and claiming some cool gifts.

It was a bittersweet reminder of this party's purpose.

"A lot of Nevaeh's friends are here and when they come up and they tell you, 'I remember her and I miss her.' It kind of hits you in the heart," said Joe Starkey, Justice for Nevaeh President.

Starkey and his partner funded this annual Christmas gathering themselves and with help from donations.

Organizers say they want the kids to just have fun but they want the parents to walk away with a more serious message.

"We need parents to realize that the killer is still out there and to be aware and keep an eye on their children. We never in a million years thought this would happen to us and it did," said Nevaeh's Grandma Carla Nash.

Parents hold their kids a little tighter with the memory of what happened to Nevaeh but, for the moment, everyone just has a little fun.

"This is something Nevaeh would have wanted," said Nash. "She would have loved this. And you look around and you see the other kids--they're having a blast and this is something Nevaeh would have enjoyed--she would have loved being here."

If you missed Wednesday's event, you can catch it again Thursday.

It runs from 5:00 pm until 8:30 pm at the Moose Lodge on North Macomb Street in Monroe.

CLICK HERE for more information on the non-profit organization Justice for Nevaeh.

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=555413

What a sweet event to have for this angel.  an angelic monkey
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1507 on: January 01, 2011, 09:19:45 AM »

Jess star-  Thank you so much for your continued help in pursuing justice for Nevaeh and making sure no one forgets her name. It is so important to keep her name out there. 

Do we know if the two men arrested that are rso's still in jail? 

Yes, they are still in jail, but for reasons unrelated to Nevaeh's abduction and murder.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1508 on: January 18, 2011, 09:26:19 AM »

so..still no news...I really thought this case would have been solved by now..

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1509 on: January 20, 2011, 10:27:55 PM »

What is mom doing now? Does anyone know. I hope she is wiser in picking her friends.
JESS STAR, you are an angel.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1510 on: January 21, 2011, 10:11:36 PM »

Family, friends keep alive hope that justice will be served for Nevaeh

by Michelle Swartz , last modified January 21. 2011 11:07AM

— Evening News photo by KIM BRENT Carla Nash, Nevaeh Buchanan's paternal grandmother, (left) and Justice 4 Nevaeh founding member Risa Thompson talk with Brett Ansel with the area Crimestoppers about the continuing efforts to solve Nevaeh's case during a poster distribution event at the Monroe Moose Family Center Thursday night.
Spread The News

Monday will mark 20 months since Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, of Monroe was abducted outside her Monroe apartment on May 24, 2009.
Almost two weeks later, her body was found along the banks of the River Raisin in Raisinville Township. There has been no arrest in the case that drew intense attention from the community.

"It's frustrating but I still have hope," said Nevaeh's mother, Jennifer Buchanan. "I feel like we're getting closer."

She was one of several family members and friends who attended Thursday's event at the Monroe Moose Family Center to help publicize the increase of reward money, up to $50,000 for finding and convicting Nevaeh's killer. The event was hosted by the Justice for Nevaeh committee.

In October, an anonymous donor gave $25,000 toward the reward, increasing the Justice for Nevaeh reward to $27,500. The reward offered by Crimestoppers Michigan remains at $2,500 and the Nevaeh Buchanan Task Force at $20,000. In total, the reward is $50,000.

The intent of the poster event was to hand out new 'anonymous Reward" posters to the community and to get the word out about the importance of finding justice for the little girl.

On the left side of the poster, information about Nevaeh's abduction and murder are included as well as contact information for tipsters. The right side of the poster includes pictures of Nevaeh and her memorial site and the location where her body was discovered. It also includes contact information.

"So far, we've printed 10,000 copies of the new posters that we are passing out to all local businesses, churches and anywhere else we can put them," said Risa Thompson of Garden City, vice president of Justice for Nevaeh and a relative of Nevaeh's family. "We hope people will pass out the posters but we don't want them going door to door. We want them to do it in a safe environment, such as passing them out to friends, family, neighbors and co-workers."

Justice for Nevaeh is a small group led by president Joe Starkey of Pittsburgh, Pa., who got involved when he heard about the case when it hit national news. Mr. Starkey and Ms. Thompson paid for the posters out of their own pockets and hold community events, such as holiday parties and safety awareness programs. Proceeds from the occasional fundraisers held by the committee go toward a scholarship fund in Nevaeh's name.

"We have given out two scholarships so students, ages 3 to 4 years old, can go to Riverside Early Childhood Center. That's where Nevaeh went to school," Ms. Thompson said.

The committee is looking to expand and is in the process of filing paperwork to get 501c3 status as a nonprofit organization.

Justice for Nevaeh also keeps in contact with local investigators assigned to the unsolved case.

"We keep in close contact and we pass along all email or phone tips we get," Ms. Thompson said. "Tips come in sporadically, so it's hard to say how many we get, but we still do receive them. We share them with the police but we don't ask about the progress of the case because our goal is to get information into the right hands. We want to give them the information to help with the investigation."

Sherry Buchanan, Nevaeh's maternal grandmother, also speaks with local investigators but isn't getting many answers.
"It's so frustrating because we still don't know anything," she said. "I need answers and so does the community. The anonymous donor giving $25,000 is a miracle. It shows the community still cares and I appreciate that with all my heart."

The Monroe County Sheriff's Office maintains that the case is open and continues to follow leads.

Carla Nash of Monroe, Nevaeh's paternal grandmother, also attended Thursday's event. She believes it's important to keep Nevaeh, and the ongoing investigation, in the public eye.

"This happened to us and it could happen to you," she said. "I never thought it would happen to us in a million years but it did. I'm asking everyone to keep an eye out for their children

She and her family, including her son, Shane Hinojosa, Nevaeh's father, are dealing with their loss day by day.

"It's there every day. It doesn't just go away," she said. "My biggest thing is why. I want to know why this happened, especially to an innocent child."

http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110121/NEWS01/701219985

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1511 on: January 21, 2011, 10:14:34 PM »

What is mom doing now? Does anyone know. I hope she is wiser in picking her friends.
JESS STAR, you are an angel.  an angelic monkey

Thank you, Fanny Mae.  I made a promise to this Little Angel, and I intend to see it through.

God Bless You All.  Please keep Nevaeh in your prayers.  One of these days the Light will shine exactly where we need it to. 

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1512 on: January 22, 2011, 10:07:31 PM »

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=570367&sms_ss=twitter&at_xt=4d3b67ea5231e5c6%2C0

Justice for Nevaeh promotes increased reward
by Pamela Osborne

MONROE, MICH. -- Justice for Nevaeh, a group dedicated to finding the killer of five-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan is putting on the pressure.  Their volunteers are hitting the streets with 5,000 posters promoting a $50,000 cash reward, in hopes up getting more leads.

On May 24, 2009 Nevaeh was abducted outside of her home in Monroe and murdered.  Nearly two years and $50,000 later, there have been no arrests and no answers.

“I really thought with the reward being up like that I thought somebody would come forward a lot sooner,” says Carla Nash.  Nevaeh’s memory in part is being kept alive by the posters being passed out by volunteers.  All of whom feel strongly about finding the killer of a child, most of them never knew.  “It’s not a solved crime so we need to be out there and find justice for her,” Adrienne Poupard.

Their search for justice has moved painfully slow, but organizers hold out hope that someone somewhere will be moved by the life she didn't get to live.  “We have to do one every month because you never know when the right person is going to take one and that's what were counting on,” says Risa Thompson, vice president of Justice for Nevaeh.

“Until she has justice and we know who did it then I’m not going to give up,” Poupard.  A $50,000 cash reward goes to whoever provides information leading to the arrest and conviction of her killer.  But if the money isn't reason enough to come forward, they hope that giving an answer to a difficult question this family asks everyday, is.

“My biggest thing is I want to know why.  I don't care who the person is, I just want to know why,” Nash.

Justice for Nevaeh maintains that finding her killer is just the beginning.  They've been very hands on with parents and children about how to prevent abductions.  If you have any information you’re asked to call 734-457-6713.

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1513 on: January 25, 2011, 08:02:34 PM »

Prayers for Nevaeh.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1514 on: January 27, 2011, 09:04:29 PM »

Justice for Nevaeh will be featured on The Roundtable with Jeff Smith on Channel 13ABC, Toledo, on Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 12:00.  If you don't get the station, or if you can't tune it at noon, the show will also be posted on the 13abc website later in the afternoon.  Go to www.13abc.com and type "Roundtable" in the search field.  You'll find it!

Thanks everyone.  God Bless You, and God Bless Nevaeh.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1515 on: January 27, 2011, 09:53:12 PM »

Justice for Nevaeh will be featured on The Roundtable with Jeff Smith on Channel 13ABC, Toledo, on Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 12:00.  If you don't get the station, or if you can't tune it at noon, the show will also be posted on the 13abc website later in the afternoon.  Go to www.13abc.com and type "Roundtable" in the search field.  You'll find it!

Thanks everyone.  God Bless You, and God Bless Nevaeh.

thanks Jess... an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1516 on: January 27, 2011, 10:02:02 PM »

Thank you JessStar.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1517 on: January 31, 2011, 08:39:29 AM »

Thanks JessStar and continuing prayers for the light to shine!

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1518 on: February 02, 2011, 02:56:45 PM »

Tomorrow is Nevaeh's birthday. She would have been seven years old. Please take a second to say a prayer for Her and light a candle. Thank you.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Nab

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1519 on: February 02, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »

Happy 7th Birthday, Nevaeh.  Always on my mind, forever in my heart Little Angel.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.