May 16, 2024, 11:29:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amanda Knox GUILTY in Italy 2009 - Appealed/OVERTURNED 2011  (Read 108866 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2011, 03:58:47 PM »

YES....Justice. She's free.
I can't imagine what it must be like to be her right now........I would get my child  the heck out of there ASAP. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2011, 03:59:33 PM »

Yaaa.
Did u see they took the guy out right away?
I bet his dad is taking him out of the county pronto...

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2011, 04:00:58 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8804833/Amanda-Knox-cleared-of-the-murder-of-Meredith-Kercher.html
Amanda Knox freed: cleared of murder of Meredith Kercher
Amanda Knox has been dramatically acquitted of the murder of Meredith Kercher, despite a last-ditch appeal from the British student’s family to uphold the conviction.

~ Peter Frampton
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: October 03, 2011, 04:03:53 PM »

Why is she being charged with slander???  Time served and has to page court costs...
I don't get it......

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #164 on: October 03, 2011, 04:05:30 PM »

Also who did the murder then, since they didn't?

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2011, 04:05:33 PM »

But didn't they say she was guilty of defamation?  I'm pretty sure I heard something about a 3 year sentence.  But she's already served 4 years, so...
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2011, 04:10:08 PM »

Lawyers and family speak.   http://news.yahoo.com/video/abcplus-22309221/abc-news-live-22309266.html

~ Peter Frampton
Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2011, 04:11:01 PM »

One thing I don't understand is why Meredith's family is saying she's been forgotten:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/03/us-italy-knox-meredith-idUSTRE7920TG20111003

No one has forgotten her.  You can't think about or discuss this case without thinking of her.  So I suppose they mean she's not getting enough media attention?  Yes, the media is focusing on Knox right now but the appeal is the reason why.  And in all the appeals coverage I've read, Meredith is mentioned always.  Not forgotten.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2011, 04:14:23 PM »

Meredith Kercher

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2011, 04:15:25 PM »

http://www.wavy.com/dpps/news/world_news/amanda-knox-verdict-is-delivered-wd11-jpe_3956694

~ Peter Frampton
Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2011, 04:16:30 PM »

Why is she being charged with slander???  Time served and has to page court costs...
I don't get it......

She falsely accused bar manager Patrick Lumumba of the murder but later recanted.  However, Lumumba was held for two weeks before being cleared of any involvement.  Not cool to accuse innocent people.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2011, 04:16:43 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8803077/Amanda-Knox-Guilty-or-innocent-five-reasons-why.html
Amanda Knox: Guilty or innocent, five reasons why
Complex and conflicting evidence was presented at Amanda Knox’s year-long trial in 2009 and at her appeal over the last 10 months.
By Nick Squires, Perugia

12:27AM BST 03 Oct 2011

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2011, 04:19:49 PM »

I don't get it......

She falsely accused bar manager Patrick Lumumba of the murder but later recanted.  However, Lumumba was held for two weeks before being cleared of any involvement.  Not cool to accuse innocent people.

IF Amanda Knox is innocent ... why?

Janet

_____

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #173 on: October 03, 2011, 04:20:34 PM »

I can't remember the 3rd dudes name....I'd have to read back. IMO she is guilty and killers have been set free.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: October 03, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »

Victim: Meredith Kercher

Both found guilty
Amanda Marie Knox, left, and Raffaele Sollecito  NOW SET FREE

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: October 03, 2011, 04:25:59 PM »

I can't remember the 3rd dudes name....I'd have to read back. IMO she is guilty and killers have been set free.

Rudy Hermann Guede--already convicted
http://hitsusa.com/blog/282/amanda-knox/

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: October 03, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/03/amanda-knox-verdict-main-characters?newsfeed=true
Meredith Kercher murder: dramatis personae
As four years of legal proceedings unfolded, the characters of those at the centre of the case came under intense scrutiny
    Pari Thomson
    guardian.co.uk, Monday 3 October 2011 15.58 EDT
    Article history

::snipping2::
Rudy Guede

A small-time drugs trafficker born on the Ivory Coast, Guede was 20 at the time of the murder. Having moved to Perugia with his father at the age of five, he acquired joint Italian nationality and was portrayed in court as an immigrant who fell into a life of petty crime. Although he denied any involvement in the murder, Guede fled to Germany days after Kercher's death and spent time on the run before being apprehended for travelling on a train without a ticket.

Extradited to Italy to face murder charges, Guede admitted being in Kercher's home at the time of the murder but denied wrongdoing. The judge later concluded that an apparent break-in to the flat had been faked, probably to incriminate Guede, but he was convicted of murder and sexual assault and sentenced to 30 years, later reduced to 16 on appeal. One of his handprints, stained with Kercher's blood, was found on a pillow, on top of which Kercher's body was lying. Having opted for a fast track trial, his sentence is unlikely to change.

~ Peter Frampton
Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #177 on: October 03, 2011, 04:26:35 PM »

I don't get it......

IF Amanda Knox is innocent ... why?

Janet

I apologize, but I can't understand what you are asking. Why what?
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #178 on: October 03, 2011, 04:30:19 PM »

One thing I don't understand is why Meredith's family is saying she's been forgotten:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/03/us-italy-knox-meredith-idUSTRE7920TG20111003

No one has forgotten her.  You can't think about or discuss this case without thinking of her.  So I suppose they mean she's not getting enough media attention?  Yes, the media is focusing on Knox right now but the appeal is the reason why.  And in all the appeals coverage I've read, Meredith is mentioned always.  Not forgotten.

I think Meredith's family is thinking and saying what many of us said during Casey's jail time and trial..that it became all about Casey and little Caylee seemed forgotten. 

This trial and appeal was about more then just Amanda..it was also about her boyfriend and it was most importantly about who did murder Meredith....and other then the one person in prison it appears there are no more suspects at this time.  I feel for Meredith's family and friends at this time..not saying Amanda and her boyfriend are guilty ..but somehow I do not think Amanda is completely innocent in this..time will tell..and I imagine she will cash in Anthony style with photos, interviews, books and movies.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: October 03, 2011, 04:32:18 PM »

http://gma.yahoo.com/amanda-knox-is-innocent.html
Amanda Knox Acquitted of Murder
Italian Court Clears Amanda Knox of Murder Charges
ABC News – 1 minute 0 seconds ago

BY PHOEBE NATANSON and NIKKI BATTISTE

PERUGIA, Italy Oct. 3, 2011

A jubilant Amanda Knox was cleared of murder charges today by an Italian appeals court, ending her four-year prison ordeal and clearing the way for the American student to return home to Seattle.

The tension of the moment was so acute and full of dread for Knox that she looked pale and physically ill when she was brought into the courtroom for the verdict. A female member of her legal team knelt next to Knox to comfort her.

When the judge cracked the tension by announcing that she was acquitted, Knox nearly collapsed. She was rushed out of the courtroom, barely able to walk, stumbling while being hauled along by court officers.

The former exchange student was crying and doubled over, her head occasionally coming up for big breaths of air.

Left behind in the courtroom was the family of Meredith Kercher, Knox's British roommate who she  was accused of killing. Kercher's mother, Arline Kercher, sat stoicly long after the elated Knox family hugged each other fiercely and streamed out into the street.

In the street, the family was greeted with cheers and boos with some shouting "disgrace."

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.