May 14, 2024, 04:33:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 514194 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: March 01, 2010, 02:19:13 AM »

And Shell, I think I am addicted to the scanner. I switched over to the rural one thinking maybe there might be activity further away, very busy..a fire, baby swallowd a quarter, SM is addicting enough, now I can do both at once

Let's call it our hobby. We are so good at multitasking 

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: March 01, 2010, 02:20:54 AM »

Does anyone else think it is strange her ipod was in her car? I have never been a long distance runner but if you have an ipod, don't you usually listen to it while running.

I think runners are advised to not listen to their ipod while running. They won't be able to hear traffic, or someone coming up behind them. I find it stranger that she left her phone in the car. Let's say she sprained and ankle or fell. I would think she would have her phone with her.
Maybe she was approached before she actually got to run. Don't know if we heard whether the car was found locked, but from the search areas guess we would assume she was on the trail.

That is what I was wondering. Did she get abducted as she was getting out of the car and never got to hit the trails for her run. That might be why they keep saying the search is continuing outside of the park area, other places in the county.
It sounds like he got around. A lot of 'comfort zones' for him, Escondido, Lake Elsinor, Rancho Bernardo. His RSO status apparently didn't inhibit him
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #322 on: March 01, 2010, 02:23:01 AM »

And Shell, I think I am addicted to the scanner. I switched over to the rural one thinking maybe there might be activity further away, very busy..a fire, baby swallowd a quarter, SM is addicting enough, now I can do both at once

Hobby it is then!  Shhh.. let's not tell my daughter about the new hobby, she's liable to arrange an intervention
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: March 01, 2010, 02:30:21 AM »

Hobby it is then!  Shhh.. let's not tell my daughter about the new hobby, she's liable to arrange an intervention

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #324 on: March 01, 2010, 02:35:33 AM »

OT OT  omg pit bulls have a couple pinned in their car with a baby! the dog won't let them out.   I do need to stop.  no more OT from me
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #325 on: March 01, 2010, 02:41:17 AM »

OT OT  omg pit bulls have a couple pinned in their car with a baby! the dog won't let them out.   I do need to stop.  no more OT from me
LOL!!! OT- You know what that reminds me of (addiction to scanners) is the movie "Theres something about Mary", where her older friend "Magda" would sit outside sunbathing with her scanner (I guess thats what it was) so she could snoop on her neighbors!!! If you haven't seen the movie before, it is worth renting.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #326 on: March 01, 2010, 02:43:23 AM »

Arrested on suspicion of Murder and Rape.

www.sandiego6.com

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: March 01, 2010, 02:45:29 AM »

www.sandiego6.com

underwear found near the lake contained dna that led the investigaters to Gardner

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #328 on: March 01, 2010, 02:51:17 AM »

www.sandiego6.com

SAN DIEGO -  A suspect was arrested Sunday on preliminary charges of suspicion of murder and rape in the disappearance of Poway teen Chelsea King.

The suspect, identified as registered sex offender John Albert Gardner, was arrested at a landmark restaurant and bar on the west side of Lake Hodges, Hernedez Hideaway (map C), on Lake Drive near Del Dios Highway at 4:30 p.m. according to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

The 30-year-old resident of Lake Elsinore in Riverside County is described as being 6'2" and 230 pounds.  He has a previous conviction for lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14 years of age.

His mother lives in the Westwood development of San Diego near Rancho Bernardo Community Park and Lake Hodges.  It's believed he had been staying there for several days.

San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore announced the break in the case at a Sunday night news conference.  He said physical evidence found on the south end of Lake Hodges lead investigators to Gardner.  Reports indicate underwear found near the lake contained DNA that lead investigators to Gardner.

Gardner's home has been searched and he is being questioned by investigators.

Gore said searchers will continue looking throughout the night for Chelsea.  When asked  if the 17-year-old Poway High student is still believed to be alive, Gore said, "we're holding out that hope."

Those comments were made before jail records revealed the preliminary murder and rape charges against Gardner.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: March 01, 2010, 02:51:27 AM »

www.sandiego6.com

Oh no. My heart is broken for her family.  Poor Chelsea, that pos....
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #330 on: March 01, 2010, 02:54:15 AM »

www.sandiego6.com

Gore said Sunday night there "is a strong possibility" that the suspect may also be linked to a December attack on a jogger in a nearby neighborhood,

The woman was jogging on a neighborhood trail through the Westwood housing development in the 10400 block of Poblado Rd (map B).   She told San Diego police she was tackled by a man who demanded money.   She thought she may have broken his nose in the scuffle.  Gardner's mother lives in the same neighborhood.

The woman was able to escape from her attacker on December 27th.   The description she provided police was similiar to the description of Gardner.  The victim described her attacker as white, 25, 5'11" and 230 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. 

The location where Chelsea King's car was found is in the neighboring park (map A).  The area where she is believed to have gone jogging is on the trails in the brushy area north of there.

Sheriff Gore said investigators are also looking into any possibility that Gardner could have played a role in the disappearance of 14-year-old Amber Dubois more than a year ago as she walked to Escondido High School.

Chelsea's family issued a statement at 9:00 Sunday night after the arrest:

”Nothing will change for us until our beautiful daughter, Chelsea King, comes home.  We will continue searching for her, and we ask that all of you do the same until she’s back with us. She is an extraordinary daughter and also someone who is committed to her community.   She has huge dreams and wants to change the world. Hundreds of people are working alongside us to make sure she has that chance, and we are deeply grateful.  She and our entire family need your help now for Chelsea’s safe return.   We thank law enforcement for pursuing all avenues to bring this situation to an expedient, positive outcome.  We will be posting regular updates from our family on Facebook page: Chelsea King Search Center.“ 

Kelly & Brent King, and family

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #331 on: March 01, 2010, 02:54:18 AM »

www.sandiego6.com

underwear found near the lake contained dna that led the investigaters to Gardner
OMG Shell! Thanks for that updated link. I didn't know DNA test could be done so quickly on something. This is so sad, I can't stop thinking about the fear in Chelsea's mothers face. I am so heart broken for her family.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #332 on: March 01, 2010, 02:54:20 AM »

Just imagine, he has raped and killed this beautiful girl and yet is nonchalantly arrested while eating dinner out. How can he do that?
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #333 on: March 01, 2010, 03:01:54 AM »

Just imagine, he has raped and killed this beautiful girl and yet is nonchalantly arrested while eating dinner out. How can he do that?

Well, I hope that nasty Mexican food gave him a big case of the runs. 

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #334 on: March 01, 2010, 03:04:55 AM »

Sure sounds like he may have been responsible for the other attack in the same neighborhood, nobody in his family didn't notice his bloody nose and have an inkling? My comment is not to blame his mother but to point out that we all need to be aware of  too many coincidences. When another attack and massive searches are going on in your own backyard again and your RSO child just happens to be around for this event also, doesn't raise a red flag?  We can't love our children while allowing or looking the other way while someone else's children are being murdered.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: March 01, 2010, 03:06:04 AM »

Well, I hope that nasty Mexican food gave him a big case of the runs. 
Amen to that and lots more.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #336 on: March 01, 2010, 03:09:16 AM »

About Westwood, with photos

http://rbpicture.com/westwood.shtml

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: March 01, 2010, 03:19:43 AM »

www.sandiego6.com

OMG Shell! Thanks for that updated link. I didn't know DNA test could be done so quickly on something. This is so sad, I can't stop thinking about the fear in Chelsea's mothers face. I am so heart broken for her family.
Yes, that was fast on the DNA. Amazing that it was found quickly and amazing that with the rain it was still able to lead them to him.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #338 on: March 01, 2010, 03:37:37 AM »

Miz, I can't get over how we are hearing names, addresses, and sometimes phone numbers on this scanner. 

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #339 on: March 01, 2010, 03:42:53 AM »

Miz, I can't get over how we are hearing names, addresses, and sometimes phone numbers on this scanner. 
Yeah, everything you say to the dispatch plus your phone no. is relayed directly over the radio.
Hey, I was looking at a site  PE.com and oct.27 article about inland empire abductions, there's a composite and description that really comes close to John Gardner, wonder if he's a serial rapist ( I am totally inept at linking things)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.