May 14, 2024, 03:54:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 11 - 6/19/05  (Read 177405 times)
CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #500 on: June 19, 2005, 06:35:50 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
Quote from: "littletxlady"
Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
They would hire an international lawyer no doubt

how else would you begin to understand the laws therre?/

They could have hired  a local lawyer.....duh

Bet they didn't. I wouldn't - I'd hire someone out of the Netherlands not based in Aruba. That way, I'd bring the motherland to the island from a media perspective and give this the top billing it deserves there.[/quote]

RB: I appreciated that insight into the Dutch. We, as Americans, tend to think everyone will react as we would.

Jones' attorney Lejuez seemed pretty sharp to me but that probably would be a conflict of interest.
arrabba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #501 on: June 19, 2005, 06:36:02 PM »

Jug Twitty on CNN:

"There are several things that took place that are different than what he stated that night."

In reference to talking to Paul van der Sloot the night after Natalee's disapperance.
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #502 on: June 19, 2005, 06:37:19 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
They would hire an international lawyer no doubt

how else would you begin to understand the laws therre?/[/quote]And that's what Beth thinks Nat might want to make her major when she gets back!
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #503 on: June 19, 2005, 06:37:33 PM »

Luna, coming to a Dutch house at 1am uninvited (whether business or not) is considered rude.  They're lucky he opened the door.
wantsanswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #504 on: June 19, 2005, 06:37:45 PM »

friend of monkeys
I meant the boys themselves. People keep repeating what they have said about her and I think they need to just not keep talking about their lies.
AnnieMW1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #505 on: June 19, 2005, 06:37:48 PM »

I wonder if the Twitty's have been thoroughly questioned about their exchange with the Van Der Sloots that 1st evening...I'd be shocked if they hadn't...but then again...they could become material witnesses
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #506 on: June 19, 2005, 06:39:16 PM »

Luna, coming to a Dutch house at 1am uninvited (whether business or not) is considered rude.  They're lucky he opened the door.

I don't care how rude it is.  If your son was the last person seen with my missing daughter you better bet your a-- I'll be knocking on your door as soon as I find out where you live no matter what time it is.
wantsanswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #507 on: June 19, 2005, 06:39:34 PM »

No matter what culture, you understand when a family is looking for their daughter. Consider what  they would feel like if it was their son!
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #508 on: June 19, 2005, 06:39:53 PM »

To RB (no quotes here): Jug Twitty's comment was two-fold. First, he said that Paulus Van der Sloot was "THE most obnoxious slimeball he had ever met." Let's get the whole quote in here. And Second, he said that he had an opportunity to question PVDS and that he was convinced -- from the very beginning -- that PVDS knew more than he was letting on. Further, Jug Twitty has his sources, and knows more than we do, and would have had ample opportunity to change his mind in the last 20 days.
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #509 on: June 19, 2005, 06:40:40 PM »

Rude when accompanied by the police because their son was the last person seen with their missing daughter??
Arlee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #510 on: June 19, 2005, 06:41:28 PM »

Quote:
Moreover, friends who waited for Natalee in the lobby until 5 a.m. said she never even arrived at the hotel.

CancunMole responded:  This is new. Everything that I've seen posted indicated that there were MB students out by the pool, not in the lobby.

Mole, there were students all over the hotel property, inside and out.  There was a group of 10-20 students mingling, coming and going, out by the pool from before 1:30 a.m. til after 5 a.m.   A great many students did not go to bed at all that night but moved in small groups here and there.  

The pool group's story was posted so often because their presence seemed to contradict the boys' story of dropping Nat off near the pool area.
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #511 on: June 19, 2005, 06:41:32 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Whoa, I missed the report.  Jug Twitty called him "an obnoxious slimeball"!!!  Amazing.  The Twitty's must know more than they're saying!

Just for a second, hear me out before you flame me.  (If you flame me, make it hot - I like spicy)  I'd like to say I take Jug Twitty' comment only at face value and have a good reason for it. While I understand the Twittys' frustration, the VS's are not from the gracious South like the Twittys.  

Let me just say that having worked with the Dutch and travelled to the Netherlands several times early in my career, one might take the "obnoxious slimeball" comment as an example of cultural differences between the Twittys and the VS's.  I can tell you that upon first blush being a Southerner and working with my Dutch counterparts, I found them dry, arrogant and conceited and can imagine pretty well how Jug perceived them.  

After getting used to the way the Dutch think, I changed my mind and realized they just didn't have the same pleasantries I was accustomed to and as I got to know some of them better, I found I dug the way they thought and did things.  I learned not everybody thinks like an American, especially those Southerns who value such hospitable attitudes and warmth.

If this situation had happened in the South and the VS's were Southern, one would expect that if the VS's showed up at the Twitty's door at 1am, the Twitty's would have done whatever they could to help. They *expected* the VS's would be that way, and they weren't.  Hence some of the frustration Jug Twitty displayed.

I agree with you entirely RB!  And therein lies the underlying point, hes an "OBNOXIOUS SLIMEBALL"!

Thanks for pointing that out!
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #512 on: June 19, 2005, 06:41:45 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
To RB (no quotes here): Jug Twitty's comment was two-fold. First, he said that Paulus Van der Sloot was "THE most obnoxious slimeball he had ever met." Let's get the whole quote in here. And Second, he said that he had an opportunity to question PVDS and that he was convinced -- from the very beginning -- that PVDS knew more than he was letting on. Further, Jug Twitty has his sources, and knows more than we do, and would have had ample opportunity to change his mind in the last 20 days.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050618/NEWS01/50618004/1002

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #513 on: June 19, 2005, 06:41:55 PM »

CancunMole, you're welcome - I expected flames and explosions.  Someone else mentioned that they wondered why Daddy VS got irate and it's very simple, really.  Provided he really isn't hiding anything, he probably felt he'd already ignored the rudeness by talking to the Twittys, and under the stress of their daughter missing, the Twittys probably because getting frustrated and, perhaps, slightly accusatory.  That would take the "rudeness" to a whole new level, and Daddy VS probably was irate at his "graciousness" being, as he's perceived it, taken advantage of.

Speculation of the scenario, of course.
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #514 on: June 19, 2005, 06:42:15 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Whoa, I missed the report.  Jug Twitty called him "an.......

Let me just say that having worked with the Dutch and travelled to the Netherlands several times early in my career, one might take the "obnoxious slimeball" comment as an example of cultural differences between the Twittys and the VS's.  I can tell you that upon first blush being a Southerner and working with my Dutch counterparts, I found them dry, arrogant and conceited and can imagine pretty well how Jug perceived them.  

After getting used to the way the Dutch think, I changed my mind and realized they just didn't have the same pleasantries I was accustomed to and as I got to know some of them better, I found I dug the way they thought and did things.  I learned not everybody thinks like an American, especially those Southerns who value such hospitable attitudes and warmth.

If this situation had happened in the South and the VS's were Southern, one would expect that if the VS's showed up at the Twitty's door at 1am, the Twitty's would have done whatever they could to help. They *expected* the VS's would be that way, and they weren't.  Hence some of the frustration Jug Twitty displayed.

I agree with you entirely RB!  And therein lies the underlying point, hes an "OBNOXIOUS SLIMEBALL"!

Thanks for pointing that out!
unsurelok
Scared Monkey

« Reply #515 on: June 19, 2005, 06:42:51 PM »

The Twitty's were with the authorities. Opening the door to the police at 1 is considered rude?
If my teenager was out of the house and the authorities showed up I'd be opening that door in a second fearing something had happened to my child, that is unless I knew why they were there.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #516 on: June 19, 2005, 06:43:06 PM »

Quote from: "wantsanswers"
friend of monkeys
I meant the boys themselves. People keep repeating what they have said about her and I think they need to just not keep talking about their lies.
Rolling Eyes
they should put heads together thenand tell truth
b4 they have no heads??  i'd be crying too if something reaally bad
happened...

peace to all
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #517 on: June 19, 2005, 06:43:08 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"

I don't care how rude it is.  If your son was the last person seen with my missing daughter you better bet your a-- I'll be knocking on your door as soon as I find out where you live no matter what time it is.

Understood, dragonfly.  I'd do the same thing - just trying to place this in context is all.
arrabba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #518 on: June 19, 2005, 06:44:37 PM »

If I had information that could help a family find their missing daughter, I would not even look at a clock, I would help them.  I would not think the parents were rude, I would think that they were caring, loving people, in a fight against time.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #519 on: June 19, 2005, 06:45:08 PM »

Quote from: "unsurelok"
The Twitty's were with the authorities. Opening the door to the police at 1 is considered rude?
If my teenager was out of the house and the authorities showed up I'd be opening that door in a second fearing something had happened to my child, that is unless I knew why they were there.

me 2

peace to all
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.