May 17, 2024, 04:55:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Trusted Traveler Status" v. Pat Down/Scanning Americans?  (Read 1037 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 20, 2010, 12:49:46 PM »

Trusted Traveler Program Sparks Fears That Mexican Drug Cartels Could Bypass U.S. Airport Security

Mexican citizens will soon be eligible to apply for a "trusted traveler" status that will allow them to bypass some elements of airport security when they fly into the United States — a U.S. government-approved program that critics say could be exploited by violent drug cartels.

How do Grandma and the folks on Main Street apply?  Why hasn't this been made public?

Does this mean that there is no pat down for these trusted folks when they change planes?  No scans?

For some reason, DHS trusts Mexicans more than it's own citizens?

The program is an expansion of an existing trusted traveler program, the Global Entry Program, which was launched in 2008 and expedites pre-approved passengers through the airport customs and security process when they arrive in the U.S.

Is there a program for pre-approval for Americans to avoid the scanner or pat-down?

But Dever says the arrests show that drug cartels could try to recruit people with clean backgrounds to be accepted into the program.

“It’s a sinister business," he said. "It’s calculated and well planned and they could develop these people early.

“This is a very sophisticated, very thought-out, forward-looking business — drug smuggling, people smuggling, it’s a huge enterprise. They’re not successful by guessing. They’re successful by planning and organization, and part of that is recruitment of operatives to infiltrate.”

Dever said the program would also be more palatable if U.S. citizens traveling domestically could participate in this kind of program, too.

“We should probably do this domestically before we extend the olive branch to a foreign country,” he said.

“Maybe there’s some way I can get into this program so I don’t have to get manhandled by T.S.A.,” he said.

For some reason, some folks seem to think American citizens and those here legally come last, unless you're on the special government list like Nancy.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/16/trusted-traveler-program-lets-mexicans-skip-some-airport-security-checkpoints/#ixzz18ftfc2xr

I would imagine, if the program started in 2008, with Democrat Congress, the drug cartels have been all over it waiting for Democrats to make life easier for the business.  3 years to prepare?

Hmmm...increase welfare benefits under Obama, violence, drugs, trafficking seems to increase too...now we have expedited travel for more of Democrat's special folks.  Americans get the shake down pat down, foreigners get a pass-throughgreen light, again.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.