May 01, 2024, 05:16:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Samira Lee Watkins 25, pregnant msg 10/29/09 Pensacola, FL (body found)  (Read 11160 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: November 02, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »

Pregnant Woman Missing

PENSACOLA, Florida - Pensacola police need your help finding a missing pregnant woman. Police say 25-year-old Samira Lee Watkins is two months pregnant and was last seen Thursday night when she dropped her 5-year-old son off with a relative. According to authorities, Watkins said she was going to visit a friend on Creighton Road, but never came home.

Police say she is 5' 7", 120 pounds and was last seen driving a red 1997 Ford Taurus with a Florida license plate B397FP.

If you’ve seen Watkins or her car call Pensacola police at (850) 435-1900.
http://www.wkrg.com/florida/article/pregnant-woman-missing/499129/Nov-01-2009_8-17-pm/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 01:21:42 PM »

(PENSACOLA, Fla.) Nov. 1
- Pensacola Police are asking for the public's help to find a missing pregnant woman. Samira Lee Watkins, 25, was last seen when she left her home around 9:30 p.m.Thursday to visit a friend. Watkins, who is two months pregnant, left her 5-year-old son with a relative and said she was going to see a friend in the 3500 block of Creighton Road, police said.

Saturday morning, when Watkins still not returned home, a relative notified police saying it was unusual for Watkins to do that. Watkins is a black female, about 5'7 and 120 pounds. She was last seen driving her red 1997 Ford Taurus with a Florida license tag of B387FP. Anyone having information on Watkins’ whereabouts or the location of her car is asked to contact Detective Jonathan Thacker at (850) 435-1975 or the Pensacola Police Department at (850) 435–1900.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33580355/ns/local_news-mobile_al/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 07:33:25 AM »

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_4869.shtml
below the video is a written report. No copy/paste allowed.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 08:04:14 AM »

Pregnant woman missing
Thyrie Bland • tbland@pnj.com • November 3, 2009

Four-year-old Dequan Peters keeps asking the same question: Where is mommy?

But Dequan's family members are not sure what to tell him about his mother, Samira Watkins, 25, of Pensacola, who has been missing since last week.

Eight Pensacola police investigators are asking the same question as they try to figure out where Watkins is.

Watkins, who is two months pregnant, was last seen by her family about 9:30 p.m. Thursday when she left the home of her grandmother, Minnie Joseph, on DeSoto Street. She was going to see the father of her unborn child in the 3500 block Creighton Road.

"We are not sure exactly what has taken place right now," Pensacola Assistant Police Chief Chip Simmons said. "We have not ruled out foul play."

Investigators have talked to the father of Watkins' unborn child twice, Simmons said.

Simmons would not reveal what the father told investigators, including whether the man said he saw Watkins the night she disappeared.

Sylvia Watkins, 23, one of Samira's four siblings, reported her sister missing at 10:15 a.m. Saturday.

Samira was last seen driving her red 1997 Ford Taurus. The car's Florida tag number is B387FP.

Sylvia said she called her sister's cell phone all day Friday and there was no answer.

"I still call hoping that something changes," she said.

Sylvia Watkins said she also went by the apartment of the father of her sister's unborn child but no one answered the door.

"So we knocked on a neighbor's door, and she came to the door and said that he moved out earlier that morning, which was Friday morning," she said.

Samira didn't go to work Friday or Saturday, increasing her family's fears that something was wrong.

She is a manager at the McDonald's on Pine Forest Road. She has worked there since she was about 18-years-old.

"When her job called, that's what made me think something isn't right because she's not going to miss work," Sylvia said.

The family is holding on to hope that Samira will be found OK, said Shearle Bruster, 25, Samira's cousin.

Bruster said the family has been praying and leaning on one another for comfort.

"I have been nervous, sometimes depressed and wondering where she's at, if she's alive or not," Bruster said. "I wish they would hurry up and find her because the thought of her being alone in the dark out there, that is just a scary thought."

Sylvia Watkins said her sister had a lot she was looking forward to.

Samira was planning a birthday party for her son. Dequan turns 5 on Nov. 19.

Sylvia Watkins said she is not sure what to tell Dequan when he asks about his mother.

"I really can't explain to him, right now, where his mom is," she said.

She said her sister also was looking forward to a Nov. 25 trip out of town. The sisters, a cousin, a friend and a god sister planned to celebrate Thanksgiving in Jacksonville.

Samira is a student at Pensacola Junior College and is working to become a dental assistant. She is slated to graduate in May.

"She was happy about that," Sylvia said. "She was happy about moving on up in life."
http://www.pnj.com/article/20091103/NEWS01/911030308

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 10:05:52 AM »

Her Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/samiraww21

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 08:26:16 PM »

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/body-22252-county-escambia.html

Pregnant woman's body found
Comments 1
November 03, 2009 7:03 PM

ESCAMBIA COUNTY — A black woman's body has washed ashore in Bayou Grande in southwestern Escambia County.

Assistant Pensacola Police Chief Chip Simmons said the body belongs to Samira Watkins, 25, who has been missing since Thursday.

Investigators suspect foul play in Watkins' death.

"This wasn't just a body floating ashore," Simmons said.

Simmons said investigators have questioned the father of Watkins' unborn baby. However, no arrests have been made.

Investigators also have not located Watkins' 1997 Ford Taurus. The car's Florida tag number is B387FP.

About a dozen law enforcement officers were at the shoreline assisting in the recovery of the woman's body.

Two men on A personal watercraft found the body, Simmons said.

About 50 feet of the shoreline has been cordoned off by crime-scene tape as officers searched the area.

Shortly before 4 p.m., a sheet was held up and the woman's body was being examined.

The Medical Examiner's Office is assisting at the scene. Two divers are in the water assisting in the search.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 08:30:43 PM »

Another beauty w/ child gone too soon at the hands of a freak. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 05:54:46 PM »

Pregnant Pensacola woman's body found stuffed in duffel bag, aunt says

November 05, 2009, 4:09PM

PENSACOLA, Fla. -- The body of a 2-months'-pregnant Pensacola woman reported missing Oct. 29 and found Tuesday had been stuffed inside a duffel bag floating along the west bank Bayou Grande, her aunt told the Pensacola News Journal.

No arrests have been made. The father of Watkins' unborn child -- a married man -- has not been publicly identified, but Pensacola Assistant Police Chief Chip Simmons said he has been interviewed several times.

The cause of Watkins' death has not been determined, Simmons said.
http://blog.al.com/live/2009/11/pregnant_pensacola_womans_body.html

Well, let's see...this is a no brainer imo  scratch

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »

http://blog.al.com/live/2009/11/bond_denied_for_pensacola_nas.html
Published: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 3:52 PM
Zachary Littleton: 25-year-old military police officer from Mississippi arrested in connection with the death of a pregnant Pensacola woman.

PENSACOLA, Fla. -- Zachary Littleton, the25-year-old military police officer arrested in connection with the death of a pregnant Pensacola woman found Nov. 3 duct taped and stuffed in luggage in a bayou, was ordered held without bond Tuesday.

Escambia County Judge David Ackerman ordered the Navy pettyofficer third class held pending a meeting of a grand jury, the Pensacola News Journal reported.

Samira Watkins, the mother of a 4-year-old boy, was pregnant by Littleton, whois married and has a child of his own. A dispute over what to do withthe child is at the heart of the disagreement that led to her death,according to a probable-cause affidavit released Tuesday.

State Attorney Bill Eddins said a grand jury will consider whether tocharge Littleton, a Mississippi native, with premeditated first-degree murder, acharge that carries a possible death penalty or a minimum mandatorylife sentence upon a conviction.

The detailed seven-page probable-cause warrant also detailed newinformation about Littleton and Watkins' relationship and the finalhours of her life, according to the Pensacola News Journal report.

Her sister Sylvia said Watkins and Littleton met in August. When her sister told Littleton she was pregnant, he demanded that she get an abortion.Watkins insisted she would have the baby and hoped Littleton wouldprovide support, according to the affidavit.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 03:31:34 PM »

http://www.theblackurbantimes.com/2010/02/sailor-accused-of-murdering-samira.html

Sailor Accused of Murdering Samira Watkins to Appear in Florida Court Feb 16
Posted by Alicia Cruz, Editor | 3:27:00 PM | View Comments

by Alicia Cruz
The Black Urban Times

Zachary Littleton, the Navy master of arms, accused of murdering his lover, Samira Watkins, 25, and their unborn child and dumping her body in the Bayou was granted bail by a Pensacola judge and will have his day in court on February 16.

Bail was set last month at $500,000 for Littleton, also 25, a sailor stationed at the Pensacola, Florida Naval Air Station. The State Attorney's Office has not decided whether to seek the death penalty against Littleton, who could face life in prison if convicted of the first-degree murder charge.

Watkins met Littleton in August 2009. Watkins almost immediately became pregnant and when she told Littleton, he demanded that she get an abortion according to her sister, Sylvia Watkins.
Watkins disappeared the night she told family members she was meeting Littleton at his apartment to discuss her pregnancy. A neighbor of Littleton's told police she saw the married Sailor arguing with a woman fitting Watkins description the night she disappeared.

Assistant Public Defender Jerome Smiley, who is defending Littleton says the police unfairly zeroed in on his client though there were other suspects to consider including Watkins' ex-boyfriend, who had recently been released from prison for abusing her and lived a mere four-blocks from where the young mother's vehicle was found.

Pensacola police detective Jonathan Thacker testified that when questioned, Littleton expressed concern about the Navy and his wife, who is also in the Navy, learning of his affair. Mrs. Littleton, who was stationed in another state at the time of the murder was preparing to move to Pensacola.

Amongst the evidence police have against Littleton are paper towels found in the duffel bag with Watkins' body which match a roll found in Littleton's apartment along with a single gold hoop earring in Watkins' ear when her body washed ashore. The missing mate was found during a search Nov. 6 of Littleton's apartment.

Investigators also say a search of Littleton's laptop revealed Web searches on Oct. 22 and 28 for "what speeds up human remains decomposition" and "how to pass a polygraph."

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 08:33:23 PM »

I'd forgotten all about this case. Thanks for the updates Sis.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 11:14:54 PM »

I'd forgotten all about this case. Thanks for the updates Sis.

No problem.  I despise men who won't "man-up" . . . if you know what I mean.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.