May 22, 2024, 06:11:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #164 6/25/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 136208 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2010, 04:04:47 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/june/113006/Dear-Casey:-Jail-letters-among-5,000-new-documents
Dear Casey: Jail letters among 5,000 new documents
By Jacqueline Fell, News 13 Reporter
Last Updated: Sunday, June 27, 2010 7:24 AM
ORLANDO --

Over 5,000 pages of new documents have been released in the case against Casey Anthony, including thousands of letters written to her.

Casey has been in jail for nearly two years, accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.
Not all 5,000+ pages are letters to Casey, but the release marks the first time they have been made public.

Some of the letters even include “fans” proposing marriage.

While the Orange County Jail does not comment about specific inmates’ popularity, one jail spokesman said when the case first started, she received a fair amount of mail.

The letters came from all over the country -- including Alabama, Kentucky, Virginia, Massachusetts, California and, of course, Florida.

Some writers said they wanted to start a friendship with Casey, and even sent pictures.

A lot of the letters were from so-called supporters who said they knew she was innocent.

Some send her entertaining things, like Sudoku puzzles and pages from In Touch Magazine.

And some even send her a printout of a Wikipedia entry for “insanity defense.”

But is Casey keeping busy reading all the letters? Has she responded to any?
Those questions remain unanswered.

Her parents had previously said letters were helping her through her time in jail.

There is no limit to how many letters an inmate can get, though there are some restrictions on how many can be in her cell.

* Sending Mail to Inmates: Dos and Don’ts (Source: Orange County Corrections Dept.)

Friday’s document release also included transcripts, as well as some insight into the cost of some of the experts in the case.

Forensic entomologists don’t come cheap.

At $200 an hour, an insect expert is expected to earn more than $20,000 -- and that’s with some of the work pro bono.

Casey’s trial for the murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, is scheduled to begin in May 2011.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2010, 04:05:36 PM »

Hi Sunny, glad you're back and enjoyed your trip.

I think George's last letter explains his absence in court and Cindy's letters just prove how out of touch with reality she really is.

I personally think it's sick that they celebrated Caylee's 4th birthday with family members and cake.

I also don't care that personal info. was released about the crazies that took time to write to Casey. They should have thought about that before the put pen to paper. I especially enjoyed the ones who were becoming agitated that she wasn't writing them back.

The only letter from a friend I saw I was from Annie. I basically skimmed through them because I found most of them to be insane.

I do wonder if she answered any of the letters that Bozo was sneaking into her from her parents.

hi Curly! I agree with you....on both sin-cin and georgieboy....and yes celebrating Caylee's 4th birthday was sick....this is a very sick family!!  And like you I don't give a rat's ass that the personal info on these nuts writing Kc was released..I did get a real laugh out o one I read a little bit ago talking about the gal in the upper bunk with the ugly feet and 5 inch toenails!  LOL  I am still reading!  TTYL

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2010, 06:38:56 PM »

Caylee Anthony and the fee issue: ABC’s Chris Cuomo says, ‘There’s almost always a price tag attached’
20/20, ABC, CNN, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on June, 27 2010 3:10 PM

ABC’s Chris Cuomo had an eye-opening interview this morning with CNN’s Howard Kurtz on “Reliable Sources.”

Cuomo asked about paying sources, and the topic of Caylee Anthony came up.

Kurtz started by asking about ABC News’ paying Melody Granadillo, the former girlfriend of Joran van der Sloot, for text messages and photos.

“I would like it if there were an agreement among all major media outlets, CNN included, that there will be no licensing fees paid, we will not do it,” Cuomo said.

Kurtz explained that networks pay “tens of thousands” to sources in these deals. Then he added, “ABC paid $200,000 to the family of Caylee Anthony in that toddler’s disappearance and murder. And it just seems to me that everybody talks a good game about, ‘Well, we don’t pay for interviews,’ but they find ways around it. I sense that you’re not that comfortable with it.”

Yet Cuomo made no apologies. “The business is what it is,” he said. “And to be competitive today, when something happens to someone who is considered a guest, there’s almost always a price tag attached.”

So how does that make you feel?

Cuomo said that if ABC had not paid, Granadillo is likely to have made her way on television another way.

But Cuomo added, evidently in reference to the Caylee Anthony case: “Some of the instances that you point out have definitely led to a change at ABC News now.  There is not the kind of pocketbook reporting that was going on before in terms of how to get these bookings. I can tell you that.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/06/caylee-anthony-and-the-fee-issue-abcs-chris-cuomo-says-theres-almost-always-a-price-tag-attached.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

thanks Brandi, interesting article.....but I don't think anything has or will change except it will the networks will get even more sneaky about how they pay for one sided stories!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2010, 06:46:20 PM »

I am still going through the letters in between unpacking, laundry etc.....some of these people are sick, some are pathetic, some are sad and lonely and some relate to g & a in losing a child........I wonder what the family of some of these people must think....especially those who might just now be finding out that their photos and/or childs photos were sent to someone sitting in jail charged with 1st degree murder.......and now those pictures and names and addresses are public for anyone to see.....anyone including pedophiles............I'd be scared to death!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2010, 08:42:26 PM »

I am still going through the letters in between unpacking, laundry etc.....some of these people are sick, some are pathetic, some are sad and lonely and some relate to g & a in losing a child........I wonder what the family of some of these people must think....especially those who might just now be finding out that their photos and/or childs photos were sent to someone sitting in jail charged with 1st degree murder.......and now those pictures and names and addresses are public for anyone to see.....anyone including pedophiles............I'd be scared to death!!

I know. What were they thinking, lol!

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2010, 10:48:28 PM »

Okay, I know most monkeys are in bed, but there is something that RG brought up that is really bothering me.  How many different people did Casey try to involve with getting her gas???  I hate to even say things like this, but is there a way to asphyxiate someone with gasoline?  Duct tape on the gas can, duct tape on Caylee.....did Casey use gasoline and then try to implicate someone else by trying(and not succeeding) to get gas cans with fingerprints from anyone else near Caylee or the car???  Probably just crazy late night ramblings, but I have always been bothered by the gas cans and what they meant in the big picture

Casey tried to get Jesse, Amy, and Tony (Tony did help her get the gas cans from George's shed).....I'd have to go back and read documents to see if she called anyone else. I think Amy just bought her a new gas can, so I'm not sure she had any contact with George's precious gas cans....you know the one with duct tape over the vent hole that George DID NOT put that piece of duct tape on.....LOL
Casey tried to implicate others, but then leaves items from the Anthony house which points directly at her (or an Anthony family member) as the killer.
(laundry basket, winnie the pooh blanket, duct tape *Henkel brand* possibly same trash bags, pull-up diapers)

It almost looks like she had a plan to try and implicate someone else, and it just never did work out.  On the one hand you have George and his cans, on the other she had all these other people she was trying to get near the car with gas cans.....it has to add up to  something....either that or I am wrong, again...LOL.  If I remember right did we not just learn that there were NO PRINTS on the outside of the trunk?  Does not make sense, but I may be misremembering....again!

Yes, no prints on the outside of the trunk. If Casey was trying to plant the fingerprints of others on the trunk, she can thank her mom, car cleaner extraordinaire, for blowing that plan ! Just one more reason that Casey has turned her anger toward Cindy. Baez knows Casey's anger is seething slightly beneath the surface and cannot allow family visits for this reason. For once, he may have made a good decision .

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2010, 12:58:29 AM »

Evening, all!  Just catching up here and wanted to throw out a few things.  In George's #9 letter here http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24043180/detail.html, his word choices are very telling.  He says:

"Why, why also destroy Lee?"
"Why, why also destroy Mom?"
"Why, why also destroy me, your family?"
"Why, why also destroy Caylee Marie?"

Also means in addition to something.  IMO, George has already mentally acknowledged the fact that Casey has destroyed her own life (contrary to Cindy's concerted claims that Casey will be freed).  He's verbalizing it here though.  Of course the order of her victims is important here too.  Notice Lee is first.  To me this speaks to the level of George's incredulous disbelief...that Casey is throwing her confidante, protector, aide & abettor against the parents, most loyal ally to the wolves is clearly beyond George's comprehension.  It's interesting that George s angriest about her betrayal of Lee (the order says so).  It is even more interesting that Cindy follows next as she clearly is the person Casey has fought with the most (per Lee, George, Jesse, etc.).  The interesting part is that for all of George's "Hello, ______(Gorgeous, Beautiful, Princess)" comments, his begging to see her, his documented longing need to talk to her/hug her, and his "I love you no matter what."...even he recognizes his standing in the family dynamics.  Sadly, Caylee is last, where she's always been, IMO.  It's as if in the struggle for control in that household and the fight over Caylee, Caylee the person was always an afterthought.  It concerns me somewhat that Caylee follows the destroy George , "your family" remark.   How could Casey possibly destroy Caylee more than she's already done so???  That's the part that concerns me.  Such an odd choice of words, used in reference to a deceased person.

I think George's grammar is a little off on the next part:

"After all I have tried, sacrificed, continued to have you, my Daughter, why???"
"Continually coming to court, continually waiting to see you, why???"

I read that as "After all, I have tried, sacrificed, continued to have you [as] my Daughter, why???".  George is still hung up on seeing Casey.  Why?  Why does George need to see Casey so badly?  There's got to be a reason.  What is George afraid of?  What are the Anthonys afraid of? Remember the July-August 2008 jail visitation with Casey where she said to Cindy, "Don't worry Mom, I didn't tell them anything."?  What would make George continue "to have" Casey as his daughter, even as he acknowledges it was done out of obligation rather than unconditional love?  Has Casey basically been blackmailing George?  That "continued to have you my Daughter" implies it was against his will, maybe his better judgement.  It's as if he's done everything she demanded in exchange for keeping his secret (whatever that might be) or the family secret(s-I'm 100% positive it's more than 1).  It appears he's telling her that the family has cooperated and done every thing she's asked/demanded-what more could she want-and she's still betrayed them.  Most telling about this is that the Anthonys have been feeding their 300 lb gorilla (so to speak) and George is flabbergasted that it bit their arm off, after all they've done for it.  Finally, George is truly seeing exactly what kind of person Casey is, the full extent of her narcissistic, spiteful, vindictive self.  He is surely seeing what Caylee did, those final moments. 
The way I see it, George has two choices here:  allow Casey to destroy them completely in court or contact Yuri Mellich and come clean about everything he knows/what they've all done.  If I were George, as painful as it might be, I'd choose option #2.  At least that way, he can no longer be controlled by Casey pulling the strings and he'll have some pieces of life to pick up when all is said and done.  Their biggest mistake was ever giving in to Casey's demands.  Guaranteed, she has something on each family member.  They've been desperate to meet with her because she's no longer under their control, she's a loose cannon, and she's fully loaded with, ammunition.  She will do whatever is necessary to save herself, period.  The A's are just more collateral damage.  It's interesting that the A's are now reaping exactly what they've sown...their willingness to destroy anyone to save Casey is now being used against them.  Casey's learned that lesson well.  George's best bet is to come clean, to man up and cut those puppet strings.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2010, 01:08:01 AM »

Calling it quits for the night.  Take gooD care!

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2010, 01:37:30 AM »

Sunny,if you don't want to sort through all the documents,WFTV has things sorted very nicely.
http://www.wftv.com/news/24027702/detail.html

I want to know what you think about George's letter..........
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24043180/detail.html

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU..I've been up reading these documents and I've just started the page 3 of the 1000 pdf's that were broken down into and I tell ya sweesh I'm about to lose my marbles..I've been ill and I just can't take much more and wanted to read what the people closest to her had to say but weaning through all this just took it's toll!  I'm so glad you put the link up for wftv I don't know why I didn't go there first..I'll just chalk it up to not feeling well..back to the reading and I'm sure when I'm finished I'll have lots to say as the rest of you did.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2010, 02:26:24 AM »

As I was reading the letters, I noticed so many people mentioning letters they wrote had been returned because they were not addressed correctly. Also, many people asked what they could send her.

I must say, I wondered as well, after reading so many letters.

The above is Orange County Jail Mail Rules. It states that ALL mail is opened and checked for contraband. The rules are listed on the Orange County website, and anyone who wrote to her could have looked them up. Then they would know that their letters were opened prior to Casey receiving them. And the Florida Sunshine laws are rather famous at this point in time as well.

Anyway, thought some of you might be interested in seeing the rules.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2010, 06:33:24 AM »

Caylee Anthony and the fee issue: ABC’s Chris Cuomo says, ‘There’s almost always a price tag attached’
20/20, ABC, CNN, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on June, 27 2010 3:10 PM

ABC’s Chris Cuomo had an eye-opening interview this morning with CNN’s Howard Kurtz on “Reliable Sources.”

Cuomo asked about paying sources, and the topic of Caylee Anthony came up.

Kurtz started by asking about ABC News’ paying Melody Granadillo, the former girlfriend of Joran van der Sloot, for text messages and photos.

“I would like it if there were an agreement among all major media outlets, CNN included, that there will be no licensing fees paid, we will not do it,” Cuomo said.

Kurtz explained that networks pay “tens of thousands” to sources in these deals. Then he added, “ABC paid $200,000 to the family of Caylee Anthony in that toddler’s disappearance and murder. And it just seems to me that everybody talks a good game about, ‘Well, we don’t pay for interviews,’ but they find ways around it. I sense that you’re not that comfortable with it.”

Yet Cuomo made no apologies. “The business is what it is,” he said. “And to be competitive today, when something happens to someone who is considered a guest, there’s almost always a price tag attached.”

So how does that make you feel?

Cuomo said that if ABC had not paid, Granadillo is likely to have made her way on television another way.

But Cuomo added, evidently in reference to the Caylee Anthony case: “Some of the instances that you point out have definitely led to a change at ABC News now.  There is not the kind of pocketbook reporting that was going on before in terms of how to get these bookings. I can tell you that.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/06/caylee-anthony-and-the-fee-issue-abcs-chris-cuomo-says-theres-almost-always-a-price-tag-attached.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

thanks Brandi, interesting article.....but I don't think anything has or will change except it will the networks will get even more sneaky about how they pay for one sided stories!!

Hi Sunny!  Welcome back!

I think these interviews should be done under oath.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2010, 06:46:41 AM »

As I was reading the letters, I noticed so many people mentioning letters they wrote had been returned because they were not addressed correctly. Also, many people asked what they could send her.

I must say, I wondered as well, after reading so many letters.

The above is Orange County Jail Mail Rules. It states that ALL mail is opened and checked for contraband. The rules are listed on the Orange County website, and anyone who wrote to her could have looked them up. Then they would know that their letters were opened prior to Casey receiving them. And the Florida Sunshine laws are rather famous at this point in time as well.

Anyway, thought some of you might be interested in seeing the rules.

Hard cover books are considered deadly weapons.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2010, 06:49:04 AM »

Evening, all!  Just catching up here and wanted to throw out a few things.  In George's #9 letter here http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24043180/detail.html, his word choices are very telling.  He says:

"Why, why also destroy Lee?"
"Why, why also destroy Mom?"
"Why, why also destroy me, your family?"
"Why, why also destroy Caylee Marie?"

Also means in addition to something.  IMO, George has already mentally acknowledged the fact that Casey has destroyed her own life (contrary to Cindy's concerted claims that Casey will be freed).  He's verbalizing it here though.  Of course the order of her victims is important here too.  Notice Lee is first.  To me this speaks to the level of George's incredulous disbelief...that Casey is throwing her confidante, protector, aide & abettor against the parents, most loyal ally to the wolves is clearly beyond George's comprehension.  It's interesting that George s angriest about her betrayal of Lee (the order says so).  It is even more interesting that Cindy follows next as she clearly is the person Casey has fought with the most (per Lee, George, Jesse, etc.).  The interesting part is that for all of George's "Hello, ______(Gorgeous, Beautiful, Princess)" comments, his begging to see her, his documented longing need to talk to her/hug her, and his "I love you no matter what."...even he recognizes his standing in the family dynamics.  Sadly, Caylee is last, where she's always been, IMO.  It's as if in the struggle for control in that household and the fight over Caylee, Caylee the person was always an afterthought.  It concerns me somewhat that Caylee follows the destroy George , "your family" remark.   How could Casey possibly destroy Caylee more than she's already done so???  That's the part that concerns me.  Such an odd choice of words, used in reference to a deceased person.

I think George's grammar is a little off on the next part:

"After all I have tried, sacrificed, continued to have you, my Daughter, why???"
"Continually coming to court, continually waiting to see you, why???"

I read that as "After all, I have tried, sacrificed, continued to have you [as] my Daughter, why???".  George is still hung up on seeing Casey.  Why?  Why does George need to see Casey so badly?  There's got to be a reason.  What is George afraid of?  What are the Anthonys afraid of? Remember the July-August 2008 jail visitation with Casey where she said to Cindy, "Don't worry Mom, I didn't tell them anything."?  What would make George continue "to have" Casey as his daughter, even as he acknowledges it was done out of obligation rather than unconditional love?  Has Casey basically been blackmailing George?  That "continued to have you my Daughter" implies it was against his will, maybe his better judgement.  It's as if he's done everything she demanded in exchange for keeping his secret (whatever that might be) or the family secret(s-I'm 100% positive it's more than 1).  It appears he's telling her that the family has cooperated and done every thing she's asked/demanded-what more could she want-and she's still betrayed them.  Most telling about this is that the Anthonys have been feeding their 300 lb gorilla (so to speak) and George is flabbergasted that it bit their arm off, after all they've done for it.  Finally, George is truly seeing exactly what kind of person Casey is, the full extent of her narcissistic, spiteful, vindictive self.  He is surely seeing what Caylee did, those final moments. 
The way I see it, George has two choices here:  allow Casey to destroy them completely in court or contact Yuri Mellich and come clean about everything he knows/what they've all done.  If I were George, as painful as it might be, I'd choose option #2.  At least that way, he can no longer be controlled by Casey pulling the strings and he'll have some pieces of life to pick up when all is said and done.  Their biggest mistake was ever giving in to Casey's demands.  Guaranteed, she has something on each family member.  They've been desperate to meet with her because she's no longer under their control, she's a loose cannon, and she's fully loaded with, ammunition.  She will do whatever is necessary to save herself, period.  The A's are just more collateral damage.  It's interesting that the A's are now reaping exactly what they've sown...their willingness to destroy anyone to save Casey is now being used against them.  Casey's learned that lesson well.  George's best bet is to come clean, to man up and cut those puppet strings.

Hi I Spy!

I think it says:

"After all I have tried, sacrificed, continued to love you, my Daughter, why???"

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2010, 06:54:40 AM »

I think it is interesting how Cindy professes to channel God.  God told me to tell you_________________.  God wants you to allow visits with us.

I am paraphrasing, but you get the idea.

It is clear that Casey is the one calling the shots and doesn't want to see her parents.  This is her 'show' and she doesn't want them ruining it.

I think they (her defense and she) are using her family's craziness to their advantage.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 08:44:15 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2010, 06:55:46 AM »

Some of her supporters are professing to channel God, also.

I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2010, 07:13:28 AM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2010/06/george-anthony-to-casey-why-why-destroy-caylee/
George Anthony To Casey:Why,why Destroy Caylee Too
06/28/10

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2010, 07:18:08 AM »

http://incoldblogger.blogspot.com/2010/06/criminal-media.html
The Criminal Media
June 28, 2010

~ Peter Frampton
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2010, 08:42:38 AM »

I think the pundits twist the profiles of the person to fit whatever story they want to tell.  This person says the perp should be Caucasian, other stories say the perp must be anything but Caucasian. 

You can prove anything you want to, there are more than enough examples to pick from.

I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2010, 09:55:32 AM »

Hey Bearly! Smile

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2010, 09:56:53 AM »

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/28/casey-anthony-jailhouse-letters-states-attorneys-office-releases-more-than-5000-pages/
June 28, 2010
Casey Anthony jailhouse letters: States Attorney's Office releases more than 5,000 pages
Posted: 09:33 AM ET
    Source: Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office

Orlando, FL - The bulk of the latest discovery released in Casey Anthony’s case offers a peek inside the minds of folks across America who are following her story. More than 5,000 pages were released by the State Attorney’s Office last Friday, much of which is correspondence to Anthony since her incarceration in the fall of 2008. The letters include declarations of love from many admirers, marriage proposals, excoriation of opinion-driven shows that report details as mundane as her commissary purchases and daily jailhouse menu, advice from inmates in prisons outside Florida, and lots of prayers. Not all, though, are positive. Some angry writers tell her they hope she gets the death penalty; others tell her it’s time to “fess up” and tell all.

Anthony’s parents have written often. Their heartfelt letters reveal their torment at not being able to visit Anthony in jail. While visits are permitted, they are videotaped and, in time, the tapes are released to the public. It is Anthony’s choice to cease public scrutiny of these semi-private moments; thus, she does not accept visitors, even her parents. They long for a few seconds of eye contact at court hearings and, in one letter, praise defense attorney Andrea Lyon for making sure Anthony turned to face them.

In February 2009, George Anthony proudly describes the tattoos he and Cindy recently got in memory of Caylee.  His tattoo covers his heart—it’s an image of Caylee looking up into rays of sunshine and blowing a kiss; Cindy’s is a butterfly. In November 2009, George writes about his own despondency—perhaps foreshadowing his suicide attempt nearly three months later.  “I just told your mom I hate this life. …  I just don’t know what to say, how to act anymore.  I have no control of anything.”

Cindy Anthony describes seeking “refuge” in the bedrooms of her daughter and granddaughter. In time, though, she says it became too painful to do so. Cindy says she talks to both of them everyday. In her heart, Caylee is still with them and Cindy remains hopeful that Casey will one day be home.

Besides the letters, the discovery includes transcripts of police interviews with potential witnesses and a few invoices from forensic experts hired by the state. Two expert entomologists will face off at the trial regarding their interpretation of the insect activity in the trunk of Anthony’s abandoned Pontiac Sunfire and around the skeletal remains of Caylee. As of last November, the state’s expert, Neal Haskell, has billed the State of Florida $25,551.25 for 101.5 hours of pre-trial work at $200 per hour. He writes in the invoice: “In more than 800 cases over a 25 year period this case generated the highest number of samples I have ever had to analyze.” That’s a hint of what’s to come at a trial laden with forensic evidence.

-Beth Karas, In Session Correspondent

fixed space  bh
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 11:19:00 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.