May 14, 2024, 11:54:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #2 1/12/11 - 1/17/11  (Read 172001 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 09:19:36 PM »

I do not have a box stored up in my closet with printouts of cases but ... I am sure my hard drive would reveal all the cases ... some very depraved ... that I have obsessively followed and continue to follow on the Scared Monkey's site.  If one of grandkids went missing ... would I be suspect.

Although Billie made selfish choices that put her children at risk ... at this point in time ... this wannabe detective believes that Billie Dunn does not have any direct knowledge of the events encompassing the disappearance of her daughter.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Turtletop17
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 09:20:38 PM »

The only BIG problem I have with BD is why oh why is she not talking to Hailey? She has national television to do this! And why would she not be begging with anyone that may have her to "please let her come home" or anyone who knows what happens to "please come forward".....or even a "Hailey I love you and I will not give up until we have you home"

Does she feel in her heart that Hailey is not alive...maybe she is convinced SA might of acted on his "interest" with Hailey?

Oh it hurts my heart to type those words, but why else would she not be using the media to PLEA?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 09:23:10 PM »

O/T   Nicu, you have a response just sent

Thanks. Haven't received it yet. The 001 part is all numbers.

Is this pertaining to the case?  If not, it would be nice if you took it on over to musings. 

No. It is about my dying cat. I didn't know how to get Cappuccino's attention without going OT. It won't happen again.  

I'm really sorry to hear about your kitty, Nicu.     But it really is better  to ask the other person to meet you in Musings and take it from there. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 09:25:17 PM »

Just some thoughts that I will back up later when a transcript of tonight's Nancy Grace is posted.

1.  LE underminded Billie insistence that she had been told that both her and Shawn failed their respective polygraphs.  It is now revealed that there was "deceptive indicated".

2.  If what is revealed on Nancy Grace tonight reflects the truth ... there was no New Year Eve party.  There was an out-of-town aunt and uncle present as well as their grandbaby.  Shawn had a beer.  No alcohol was served.

3.  The crime printouts were Court TV cases.  The same cases that all wannabe detectives who are privy to computers follow.  It was Shawn who was into the weird stuff.

Hey ... I believe that Billie was negligent.  Despite the reported red flags of last February when Shawn threatened both her and Hailey ... she put her children at risk when she allowed Shawn to move in.  However ... was she involved in the disappearance of her daughter?  Does she have knowledge of a coverup?  I don't think so.

I believe that Billie truly suspects that Shawn was involved in the disappearance of her daughter but ... she cannot allow herself to believe it.  Also, LE keeps giving her mixed signals whether the investigation is focused on a runaway or a crime.

Janet   

But why oh why does she keep changing the story? 

I am serious Fanny.  I do not believe that Billie has changed her story.  Please expand.

Thanks

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »

History seems to just repeat itself over and over. Most of us on the thread are aware of the bad stuff in the world, but I wonder about these women who think they cannot live without a man. They bring these guys into their homes with their kids and think it can't happen to them. Never mind the kind of entertainment the man prefers, much less their actions against them and their children. They have a man, and they are validated at being a real woman. I suspect since Shawn was into all this gore, Billie went right along with it to please him and probably totally lost herself in the process. She must have also been more of Shawn's girlfriend than her children's mother.

Imagine a child's fear at night to have to sleep in the same house with someone that gives you the creeps. I would walk the streets and talk on the phone in the yard myself. 

Did Billie have direct fault in Hailey disappearance? Maybe not. But I don't have a doubt in the world she would cover for him. JMO

JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 09:28:55 PM »

History seems to just repeat itself over and over. Most of us on the thread are aware of the bad stuff in the world, but I wonder about these women who think they cannot live without a man. They bring these guys into their homes with their kids and think it can't happen to them. Never mind the kind of entertainment the man prefers, much less their actions against them and their children. They have a man, and they are validated at being a real woman. I suspect since Shawn was into all this gore, Billie went right along with it to please him and probably totally lost herself in the process. She must have also been more of Shawn's girlfriend than her children's mother.

Imagine a child's fear at night to have to sleep in the same house with someone that gives you the creeps. I would walk the streets and talk on the phone in the yard myself. 

Did Billie have direct fault in Hailey disappearance? Maybe not. But I don't have a doubt in the world she would cover for him. JMO

JMO

Fanny ... I agree 100%.

Hugs

Janet

_____

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 09:29:39 PM »

O/T   Nicu, you have a response just sent

Thanks. Haven't received it yet. The 001 part is all numbers.

Is this pertaining to the case?  If not, it would be nice if you took it on over to musings. 

No. It is about my dying cat. I didn't know how to get Cappuccino's attention without going OT. It won't happen again.  

Muffy, she asked me a simple question & I answered her via email which was clear in the last thread.   She didnt know how to do it otherwise  & I dealt with it appropriately & gladly.   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 09:35:12 PM »

JMO

Fanny ... I agree 100%.

Hugs

Janet

However ... maybe ... just maybe ... Billie is headed in another direction ... a direction that implies at this late date ... Hailey is her priority ... not Shawn.

Janet

++++++

Billie Dunn Admits It's Possible Adkins Could Be Involved In Hailey's DisappearanceBy Jocelyn Tovar, KTXS News
POSTED: 1:52 pm CST January 11, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Jean Dunn, told KTXS on Tuesday that she now accepts the possibility that her former live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins could be involved in the disappearance of her daughter.

After adamantly defending Adkins for two weeks, Billie Dunn said Tuesday for the first time that it is possible that Adkins had something to do with Hailey's disappearance.

She stressed, however, that no one knows for certain – and that she was not accusing him of anything.

Adkins is believed to be the last person to have seen the 13-year-old Hailey, a Colorado Middle School eighth-grader.

Adkins reported that Hailey told him on Dec. 27 that she was going to spend the night with a friend – but she never made it to the friend's house. She was reported missing the next day after her mother discovered she didn't spend the night there.

"I never thought he would hurt Hailey, or had anything to do with this," Billie Dunn said, "until it was pounded in my head that that was a possibility. Nobody knows, though."

Dunn said she hasn't spoken to Adkins recently but occasionally communicates with him through text messages.

<snipped>

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26452671/detail.html

_____

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 09:35:53 PM »

Just some thoughts that I will back up later when a transcript of tonight's Nancy Grace is posted.

1.  LE underminded Billie insistence that she had been told that both her and Shawn failed their respective polygraphs.  It is now revealed that there was "deceptive indicated".

2.  If what is revealed on Nancy Grace tonight reflects the truth ... there was no New Year Eve party.  There was an out-of-town aunt and uncle present as well as their grandbaby.  Shawn had a beer.  No alcohol was served.

3.  The crime printouts were Court TV cases.  The same cases that all wannabe detectives who are privy to computers follow.  It was Shawn who was into the weird stuff.

Hey ... I believe that Billie was negligent.  Despite the reported red flags of last February when Shawn threatened both her and Hailey ... she put her children at risk when she allowed Shawn to move in.  However ... was she involved in the disappearance of her daughter?  Does she have knowledge of a coverup?  I don't think so.

I believe that Billie truly suspects that Shawn was involved in the disappearance of her daughter but ... she cannot allow herself to believe it.  Also, LE keeps giving her mixed signals whether the investigation is focused on a runaway or a crime.

Janet   

But why oh why does she keep changing the story? 

I am serious Fanny.  I do not believe that Billie has changed her story.  Please expand.

Thanks

Janet

How much time have you got? 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 09:43:33 PM »

Break Down of Adkins Inconsistencies Told To Investigators (with video)

ABILENE, Texas -- Information in affidavits about where Billie's boyfriend Shawn Adkins was has everyone trying to fit the puzzle pieces together.

On the 15th day Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn was missing, shocking new information surfaced in the investigation. Law enforcement pieced together a time-line of who was where on December 27th, but for Shawn Adkins, things didn't add up.

Adkins was reported to be the last person to see Hailey in Colorado City, but phone records place him in Big Spring from 9 AM through 2:30 and by that time Hailey had already been reported missing.

The affidavit says Adkins told authorities numerous other inconsistencies, for example, the affidavit states Adkins told investigators he was fired from his job in Snyder the morning Hailey went missing. His employer says that was untrue and Adkins left his job at 6:10 AM without saying a word.

Adkins also said when he left work he headed to Big Spring, 50 miles southwest of Snyder, but phone records show he wasn't in the Big Spring area until 9:30 that morning which leaves a nearly three hour gap in his whereabouts.

So where was Adkins during this time?

Following the records law enforcement got through a search warrant of Adkins' phone, instead of Big Spring instead of Snyder, his phone records place him at the Dunn's home on Chestnut street in Colorado City the morning of December 27th.

Witnesses say they saw Hailey's mom Billie Jean leave for work at 6:20 AM. While his phone records put him at the home between 6:35 AM and 6:56 AM, a time Hailey would have been home alone.

Another startling thing coming out about the time-line of that day, that afternoon at 4:00 PM, Hailey's brother David came home to a locked door. After knocking for a while he climbed into the home through a window and says his presence seemed to startle Adkins, who was already inside.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26472929/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 09:47:20 PM »

Officials confirm Adkins as one of the "persons of interest," missing teen

COLORADO CITY, TX (KCBD) - According to Colorado City authorities, 'persons of interest' have been identified in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.   Late Wednesday afternoon, no names were released.

However, just  before 7 PM Wednesday the Colorado City Manager did confirm for KCBD NewsChannel 11 that Shawn Adkins is one of the persons of interest.  Names of other persons of interest were not revealed.

KCBD NewsChannel 11 has obtained affidavits from Colorado City police that were used to get search warrants.

In the documents, investigators ask Hailey's mother's live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, who they should be looking at, and Adkins replied "both of us." 

DPS Trooper Sparky Dean was later asked if they were monitoring the whereabouts of those 'persons of interests'.

"I think that would be fair to say that we are keeping a special eye on those persons of interest, yes," said Dean.

After Wednesday's news conference, we asked Colorado City Manager Pete Kamphor if they were investigating the whereabouts of Adkins, and he confirmed they were. He went on to also confirm that they were investigating the whereabouts of 'all persons of interest'.

Investigators believe Adkins is near the community of Dunn, about 15 miles north of Colorado City. They said they canvassed the small town and interviewed people there on Tuesday.

There were several other details about Hailey's mother, Billie, in the affidavit.

We spoke with her about some of those statements, and we'll bring you that Wednesday night at KCBD NewsChannel 11 at 10.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13833678
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 09:49:26 PM »

Disturbing Details in Hailey Dunn Case Emerge from Court Documents (with video)

COLORADO CITY - Court documents offer disturbing details about the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, 13, of Colorado City. NewsWest 9 obtained those documents through a Freedom of Information Request which was filed with Judge Roy Mayo in Mitchell County. Those documents  indicate law enforcement are looking into whether Hailey's mother, Billie Jean Dunn, and her live in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, had something to do with Hailey's disappearance.

According to the affidavit, "investigators noticed numerous inconsistencies in statements made by Adkins and reported suspicious behavior by Adkins on and around the date of Hailey Dunn's disappearance."

RESULTS OF POLYGRAPH EXAMINATIONS

The documents, search affidavits relating to the seizure of evidence, indicate that Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, and Dunn's live in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, failed their lie detector tests, when asked about Hailey.

According to the affidavit, "on the first two occasions upon his (Adkins) arrival, he terminated the polygraph examinations by walking out and refusing to cooperate with the investigator."

The affidavit goes on to say, "on the third attempt to polygraph Adkins, he submitted to the first stage of the polygraph and the result of the polygraph was that he was deceptive."

During that same polygraph, according to the affidavit, Adkins indicated that Hailey Dunn could be found in Scurry County. The results of his polygraph, indicated he was telling the truth. However, when investigators asked him, a second time, if he knew where Hailey was, he refused to answer the question. Investigators asked Adkins who they should be looking at, in regards to Hailey's disappearance, to which Adkins replied "both of us."

The affidavit states that Adkins answer was referring to himself, and Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn.

When Hailey's mother submitted to a polygraph, according to the affidavit, "Dunn was found to be under the influence of narcotics," and investigators wouldn't allow her to continue with the process. On a second occasion, the affidavit indicated that Dunn failed the polygraph examination. When investigators asked Dunn to explain her results, "Dunn could not explain why she failed the polygraph examination. Dunn ended the interview by walking out of the interview."

THE DAY OF HAILEY'S DISAPPEARANCE, AND SHORTLY AFTER

The documents also say Adkins quit his job in Snyder on the morning of Hailey's disappearance, December 27th. Adkins told investigators he went to his job and then left to visit his mother in Big Spring. However, according to cell phone pings, investigators determined Adkins first made a stop in Colorado City, before heading on to Big Spring.

On the same day, Hailey's brother told her dad, that he attempted to enter their home, but the door was locked. He pounded on the door numerous times, but when he could not get inside, he climbed through a window to make entry. Her brother told her dad that when he got inside he found "Adkins standing in the hallway with a deer in the headlights look."

The affidavit says that Dunn and Adkins "made two withdrawals from an ATM machine in Snyder." The affidavit also indicates the pair used the $140 to purchase drugs from someone in Snyder. Court documents show that Dunn admitted the drugs were for her and Adkins.

According to the affidavit Adkins and Billie Dunn hosted a New Year's Eve party at their home after Hailey Dunn had been reported missing. That would have been three days after Hailey was last seen inside the home. However, according to court documents, Adkins downplayed the event, "stating they just had a few friends over."

EVIDENCE FOUND IN MOTHER, BOYFRIEND'S HOME

During a search of Hailey's home, where Adkins and Dunn lived, investigators discovered a box containing hundreds of documents about crimes. Those documents covered mass murderers, serial killers, sexual sadists, murders of family members, motives from major cases, and other similar topics. According to the affidavit, Dunn said those topics were a "hobby."

PREVIOUS THREATS OF VIOLENCE

According to court documents, the home shared by Dunn, Adkins and Hailey, had been the location of a domestic dispute back in February 2010. The affidavit says Adkins allegedly threatened to kill Billie Jean Dunn and Hailey Dunn during the dispute. Adkins initially denied that statement, but went on to confirm that he did make those statements.

Following Hailey's disappearance, Hailey's uncle told police that he had a conversation with Adkins about Hailey being missing. The uncle reportedly told Adkins he couldn't believe that someone would hurt a child. Adkins reported replied "yah, it's like killing a deer." According to the uncle, on previous occasions, Adkins had "talked often about how he kills deer and cuts them up with a chainsaw."

CONCLUSION BY INVESTIGATORS

The court documents, say investigators believe Adkins was the last person to have seen Hailey, on December 27th. Investigators also believe that Hailey was "kidnapped and transported to another location against her will."

No one has currently been arrested or charged with any crime. NewsWest9 has made repeated calls to authorities investigating the case for comment on the documents, but those calls have not been returned.

NewsWest9 has crews in Colorado City actively working this story.

We will have the latest right here on NewsWest9.com.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13830886
helper
Scared Monkey

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 09:50:40 PM »

there is a backway to cctiy that runs through westbrook from snyder and would be closer to where sa worked than driving back to the other side of town i wonder if le has thought about that road?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 09:53:39 PM »

ANALYSIS: Breaking down the Hailey Dunn investigation documents (+Full Documents)

http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stories/article_11194234-1ebe-11e0-ab58-001cc4c002e0.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2011, 09:55:47 PM »

CBS7 News / KOSA-TV Hailey Dunn's father Clint Dunn spoke tonight on CBS 7 News at 6 about his continued search for Hailey. Dunn and his family are traveling the basin, handing out flyers and searching for clues. During the interview Dunn says he can't focus on information released about his ex-wife or her boyfriend Shawn Adkins, now a pe...rson of interest in the case. Dunn says his only hope is to find Hailey. More at Ten

http://fb.me/QkgxyLdp
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2011, 09:59:33 PM »

CBS7 News / KOSA-TV Hailey Dunn's father Clint Dunn spoke tonight on CBS 7 News at 6 about his continued search for Hailey. Dunn and his family are traveling the basin, handing out flyers and searching for clues. During the interview Dunn says he can't focus on information released about his ex-wife or her boyfriend Shawn Adkins, now a pe...rson of interest in the case. Dunn says his only hope is to find Hailey. More at Ten

http://fb.me/QkgxyLdp

(bolded by me)

This is really sad, and it isn't sounding good for Hailey at all.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2011, 10:05:04 PM »

can anyone tell me about did hailey have a phone and if so do the police have it..
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2011, 10:05:21 PM »

JMO

I agree Fannie Mae.  How in the world could a mother introduce some man into her home when she has a young daughter living there.  Didn't she know that sometimes these men are more interested in the young daughter than they are the mother?  Having that man there doesn't validate her as a woman, it validates her as an idiot.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2011, 10:08:51 PM »

Break Down of Adkins Inconsistencies Told To Investigators (with video)

ABILENE, Texas -- Information in affidavits about where Billie's boyfriend Shawn Adkins was has everyone trying to fit the puzzle pieces together.

On the 15th day Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn was missing, shocking new information surfaced in the investigation. Law enforcement pieced together a time-line of who was where on December 27th, but for Shawn Adkins, things didn't add up.

Adkins was reported to be the last person to see Hailey in Colorado City, but phone records place him in Big Spring from 9 AM through 2:30 and by that time Hailey had already been reported missing.

The affidavit says Adkins told authorities numerous other inconsistencies, for example, the affidavit states Adkins told investigators he was fired from his job in Snyder the morning Hailey went missing. His employer says that was untrue and Adkins left his job at 6:10 AM without saying a word.

Adkins also said when he left work he headed to Big Spring, 50 miles southwest of Snyder, but phone records show he wasn't in the Big Spring area until 9:30 that morning which leaves a nearly three hour gap in his whereabouts.

So where was Adkins during this time?

Following the records law enforcement got through a search warrant of Adkins' phone, instead of Big Spring instead of Snyder, his phone records place him at the Dunn's home on Chestnut street in Colorado City the morning of December 27th.

Witnesses say they saw Hailey's mom Billie Jean leave for work at 6:20 AM. While his phone records put him at the home between 6:35 AM and 6:56 AM, a time Hailey would have been home alone.

Another startling thing coming out about the time-line of that day, that afternoon at 4:00 PM, Hailey's brother David came home to a locked door. After knocking for a while he climbed into the home through a window and says his presence seemed to startle Adkins, who was already inside.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26472929/detail.html

I thought that was what I heard on NG tonite that BD left for work about 6:20 ...which would be after SA left for work....but from th NG transcript....DUNN: She went missing on Monday while I was at work. My boyfriend - - he came home from work about 3:00 -- or he got to my house about 3:00. And he`s seen Hailey. Hailey was there. She told him, I`m running across the street to my dad`s house for a few minutes but I`m going Mary Beth`s, and I`m staying the night there. Let my mom know.

So that evening when he picked me up from work, we got home, we were getting ready for bed. I didn`t get worried when I hadn`t heard from Hailey. I thought she was at Mary Beth`s. I was kind of upset that she didn`t call and confirm it with me, but not worried at that point.

So they left in two vehicles and come back in one? I thought that they only had one and that is why the aunt had to pick him of the lie detector test....but then again she took ativan ...no it was pain pills and antibiotic.

Oh and she called CD to tell him that his daughter was missing...Oh no wait ...her son went in person to tell him

Oh, and SA got hom from work at 3:00 ...no wait ...from his mom's house

inconsistencies????

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2011, 10:13:00 PM »

Page 2 of the following affadavit:http://media.reporternews.com/media/static/0113_001.pdf

On Tuesday, 12-20-2010 at approximately 2:00pm, Hailey DUNN, a White female, date of b i r t h : 08-28-97, was reported missing by her biological mother, Billie DUNN. It was reported that Hailey DUNN was last seen on the afternoon of Monday, 12-27-2010, by Billie DUNN's live-in boyfriend, Shawn Casey ADKINS, a White male, date of birth: 06-30-85.
END QUOTE

Is this an actual error in the affadavit or is it yet another inconsistency? Billie has repeatedly said that she talked to her son around 5:00 and she immediately contacted the police when it became known Hailey was missing. There's a BIG HUGE difference between 2:00 and 5:00.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.