May 13, 2024, 08:17:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #2 1/12/11 - 1/17/11  (Read 171913 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2011, 02:43:54 PM »

I would like for Nancy Grace to ask Billie Dunn if she locked the door after she left for work knowing Hailey was home alone....sleeping. Poor baby I hope and pray she is alive but its not looking good and I feel that something bad happened right after Billie left for work IMO

And if so were there any signs of forced entry?

One more thing. I live in East Texas and we just had a case where a very well known loving christian family had there 16 yr old son kill his sister...we still do not know his motive.

I hate to ask this but these days you never know....Wonder if BD could be covering for her son and not SA?

Well, if there were signs of forced entry (never confirmed there was), the b/f may not be the POI since he had access to the house.  There is nothing that we know at this time that indicates Hailey's brother should be under suspicion whatsoever, in fact he went to the house to find an unusual locked door & the b/f there being startled by his arrival.   Even if there was merit to it & Billie was protecting him, her b/f certainly wouldnt be going along with it especially since, let's face it, he's suspect no 1.

Not saying its not possible, just in my view I think it is extremely doubtful.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2011, 02:47:37 PM »

I have yet another question (shocking I know), but the missing info for Hailey stated she was reported missing on the 28th at 2pm, but I thought Billie stated she reported her missing later in the day, there have been so many inconsistencies that I have a hard time remembering every detail....

Anyone remember?

TIA

Nancy Grace Transcripts from Jan 3, 2011

Tuesday, I was at work again, I left my cell phone at home for my kids to use when I`m working. So Tuesday, I called my son. I said tell Hailey text the little girl, her friend, tell Hailey she needs to go ahead and get home. This was around lunch. My son called me back within a few minutes and she said, mom, she said Hailey never made it over there. She never spent the night.

So at that point I called Hailey`s dad and found out she didn`t over there and she didn`t stay the night with him. I left from work and went to the police station in Colorado City and reported her missing.

Re: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas since Dec. 27, 2010
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 09:13:45 PM »

Yup, something happened in that house late night the 26th whether Billie is aware of it or not.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2011, 02:53:20 PM »

I am just grasping here and this is something to think about...

SA left for work, BD left for work shortly afterwards...if this was their normal routine neighbors would know this. Maybe Hailey was home alone and the "neighbor" (that states he saw Hailey on the phone at 12 in the back yard) abducted Hailey or is hiding Hailey?

IIRC BD stated on Nancy Grace that the neighbors name was Charles...and he no longer lived next door. Did he move? Maybe he is guilty and thought he should leave while the LE is focusing on the family. Maybe he thought he could throw off the timeline by saying he saw her outside talking on the phone around 12....

I realize there is alot of inconsistancies with BD and SA, but at this point nothing would surprise me. I would like to know if SA "knew" the neighbor....maybe they did this together...SA and the neighbor that is?
My understanding from what BD said was that Charles was a visitor staying there.

It sounds like Charles needs to be checked out.  BD said that he wasn't the owner of the house.  BD also said Charles told her he saw HD in the yard on the phone AND told BD that he had told the police the same thing.

Either Charles is lying to BD or police is lying to BD. 

Too confusing over one sentence.  Charles needs to be check out IMO.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2011, 02:55:17 PM »

The inconsistencies NEVER end!!!!

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/no-headline---hailey_dunn_timeline/?partner=yahoo_feeds

Time undetermined — Billie Jean Dunn "peeks in" on her daughter and believes she's in her bed, she tells the Reporter-News on Wednesday. She then rides with Adkins to their jobs in Snyder

6:20 a.m. — Billie Jean Dunn leaves her residence in Colorado City en route to her job at Cogdell Memorial Hospital in Snyder.

ME~If he left at 5:30 and she left at 6ish, how on earth could she had rode with him to work????

Inconsistencies - fog of war scenario.

First, second, third ---- confusing.

Then....the basic truth starts coming out.  It's about time for some real truth in this case.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2011, 02:55:34 PM »

So at that point I called Hailey`s dad and found out she didn`t over there and she didn`t stay the night with him.
Snipped

According to the son he contacted dad not BD. Just another inconsistency in the whole story.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2011, 03:00:41 PM »

What is the deal with the son trying to get in the house...and finally entering (through a window?) and finding SA sitting inside with a deer in the headlights look?

Why didn't son have a key?

Why didn't SA answer the door?

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2011, 03:01:37 PM »

So at that point I called Hailey`s dad and found out she didn`t over there and she didn`t stay the night with him.
Snipped

According to the son he contacted dad not BD. Just another inconsistency in the whole story.

Bottom line Billie is getting snagged on her own lies slow but sure, the reason beyond the obvious remains to be seen.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2011, 03:04:11 PM »

What is the deal with the son trying to get in the house...and finally entering (through a window?) and finding SA sitting inside with a deer in the headlights look?

Maybe the son did not have a key or have it on him OR maybe they were in a habit of not locking the door not having a need for a key (yea some still do that in certain areas), but more to the point why was the door locked with SA inside in the middle of the day.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2011, 03:04:58 PM »

SA left for work, BD left for work shortly afterwards...if this was their normal routine neighbors would know this. Maybe Hailey was home alone and the "neighbor" (that states he saw Hailey on the phone at 12 in the back yard) abducted Hailey or is hiding Hailey?

IIRC BD stated on Nancy Grace that the neighbors name was Charles...and he no longer lived next door. Did he move? Maybe he is guilty and thought he should leave while the LE is focusing on the family. Maybe he thought he could throw off the timeline by saying he saw her outside talking on the phone around 12....

I realize there is alot of inconsistancies with BD and SA, but at this point nothing would surprise me. I would like to know if SA "knew" the neighbor....maybe they did this together...SA and the neighbor that is?

The neighbor thing has bothered me too. I remember seeing a "video" from one of the news reports. Maybe someone else remembers seeing it too. But anyway, the reporter was interviewing the "neighbor". The neighbor was a black man. The camera was filming him from the back. He was not facing the camera as if he did not want to face the camera. It was a tiny video snip of the neighbor. I will see if I can locate it. I think he needs to be looked at as well. It just gave me a really odd feeling when this neighbor would not turn around and face the reporter.....things that make u go hmmmm?

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2011, 03:05:31 PM »

I have yet another question (shocking I know), but the missing info for Hailey stated she was reported missing on the 28th at 2pm, but I thought Billie stated she reported her missing later in the day, there have been so many inconsistencies that I have a hard time remembering every detail....

Anyone remember?

TIA

Nancy Grace Transcripts from Jan 3, 2011

Tuesday, I was at work again, I left my cell phone at home for my kids to use when I`m working. So Tuesday, I called my son. I said tell Hailey text the little girl, her friend, tell Hailey she needs to go ahead and get home. This was around lunch. My son called me back within a few minutes and she said, mom, she said Hailey never made it over there. She never spent the night.

So at that point I called Hailey`s dad and found out she didn`t over there and she didn`t stay the night with him. I left from work and went to the police station in Colorado City and reported her missing.

Re: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas since Dec. 27, 2010
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 09:13:45 PM »

Yup, something happened in that house late night the 26th whether Billie is aware of it or not.

When NG pointed out last night to BD that HD could have been missing during the night and if that's true, it changes everything...BD hesitated and then said "yes".  I got the feeling it was just "hitting" BD that her daughter might have gone missing during the night.

Have we heard anything to indicate that HD's bed was set up to make it falsely look like someone was in her bed?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2011, 03:09:14 PM »

Maybe the son did not have a key or have it on him OR maybe they were in a habit of not locking the door not having a need for a key (yea some still do that in certain areas), but more to the point why was the door locked with SA inside in the middle of the day.

Right..."why" wouldn't SA answer the door?  Surely he knew it was the son.

AND...if I knew someone was entering a window, I'd get up and check it out..."why" was SA "sitting"?

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2011, 03:10:04 PM »

The neighbor thing has bothered me too. I remember seeing a "video" from one of the news reports. Maybe someone else remembers seeing it too. But anyway, the reporter was interviewing the "neighbor". The neighbor was a black man. The camera was filming him from the back. He was not facing the camera as if he did not want to face the camera. It was a tiny video snip of the neighbor. I will see if I can locate it. I think he needs to be looked at as well. It just gave me a really odd feeling when this neighbor would not turn around and face the reporter.....things that make u go hmmmm?

Its been reported that this neighbor has a drug habit, it could be as simple as that.  I feel it should not be overlooked whatsoever BUT from the get go my gut tells me whatever happened was a result of something that went on within the home, I pray not fatally but I cant muster much optimism. 

helper
Scared Monkey

« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2011, 03:18:57 PM »

imo where he worked required uniforms I wonder if he showed up to work wearing one and if le has checked to see if he was missing one?????
helper
Scared Monkey

« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2011, 03:19:46 PM »

shawn adkins is the he sorry
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2011, 03:20:44 PM »

I may have called dad first, but then my next call would have been to bf to make sure that is who Hailey said she was going to spend the night with. No mention what so ever of calling bf, just straight to the police station. I think she knows a lot more than what she is telling.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2011, 03:34:05 PM »

Search For Hailey Dunn Continues To Widen, Intensify

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- The search for Hailey Dunn continued to intensify Thursday as volunteers and law enforcement officials spread out to search through rural areas outside Colorado City.

After a thorough search throughout Colorado City last week, the focus has expanded into outlying areas, including southern Scurry County, which shares a county line with Mitchell County about 10 miles north of Colorado City.

Shawn Adkins, identified by law enforcement officials as a "person of interest," is reportedly living with his grandmother in southern Scurry County in the community of Dunn, 12 miles north of Colorado City.

Law enforcement officials were scouring outlying areas in an attempt to discover any hiding spots – or the gruesome possibility of finding her remains.

Some volunteers contacted by KTXS News said they have been searching for Hailey since Friday – through the recent three-day cold spell in which temperatures barely rose above freezing. They were searching abandoned houses in the community of Dunn on Thursday.

The volunteers said they were not giving up hope. They said that they were now more determined to find her – and would be angry if anyone hurt the 13-year-old eighth-grader at Colorado Middle School.

The volunteers said they would stay on the search until she is found. Volunteers on Wednesday searched Lake Thomas, located northwest of Colorado City in Scurry County, without finding any new information.

Adkins, the former live-in boyfriend of Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, was named a person of interest by law enforcement officials Wednesday.

Affidavits acquired first by KTXS News on Tuesday revealed that Adkins' statements about his actions and whereabouts on Dec. 27 were inconsistent.

In particular, his statement that he drove to Big Spring that morning was contradicted by cell phone records that indicate he was in the vicinity of the Dunn home during that time. The affidavit leaves an apparent three-hour gap in determining precisely where Adkins was that morning.

The affidavit indicates some unusual behavior at his place of employment early on Dec. 27, when Adkins left without speaking to his supervisor about 10 minutes after arriving for work.

The affidavit further details the unusual reading habits of Billie Dunn and Adkins – with hundreds of pages printed out from websites about serial killers, mass murders, the killings of family members and other sordid crimes.

Billie Dunn characterized the reading material as a hobby.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26482250/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2011, 03:39:28 PM »

Do you think Shawn Adkins is involved in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn 
Yes 
467   90.5%   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Undecided 
36   7%   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No 
13   2.5%   

Number of Voters   :  516 
First Vote   :  Wednesday, 12 January 2011 16:30 
Last Vote   :  Thursday, 13 January 2011 14:38 

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/component/poll/6546-do-you-think-shawn-adkins-is-involved-in-the-disappearance-of-hailey-dunn?zoneid=0
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2011, 03:44:08 PM »

<snipped>

Hailey was reported missing on Tuesday, December 28 by her mother Billie Jean (Ostrander) Dunn after Hailey failed to return home from supposedly spending the night with a friend.

According to Dunn’s live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, Hailey left to visit her father, Clint Dunn and then spend the night with Mary Beth Garcia, shortly after he returned home December 27 at 3 p.m.

Local police, as well as state and federal agencies have been investigating Hailey’s disappearance round the clock, interviewing family and friends, conducting a door-to-door search of the neighborhood, as well as searching fields, river beds, abandoned buildings and landfills. The search has covered more than 30 square miles.

Investigators searched the north eastern part of Colorado City by helicopter on January 6.

A temporary command post was set up in Dunn, Texas, January 8 as a authorities expanded the search for Hailey Dunn into south Scurry County.

Texas Department of Criminal Justice Wallace and Ware Unit personnel have conducted a grid search of the town on horseback, with dogs and on foot.

Officials picked up a car from the Dunn residence on 1804 Chestnut for further investigation, as well as an X-box to help solidify the timeline of events.

Authorities have also spoken with two girls, last seen walking with Hailey on Manuel Street on either December 26 or 27, who might have useful information about Hailey’s state of mind, according to DPS Trooper Sparky Dean.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/hailey-dunn-case-takes-somber-turn
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2011, 03:46:49 PM »

New evidence sheds light on Dunn case

New evidence has surfaced based on affidavits attached to search warrants issued through the Mitchell County Judge’s office that may shed more light in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.
   Investigators for the Colorado City Police Department and the 32nd Judicial District served search warrants on Dunn and Adkins, taking their cell phones, a Dell computer belonging to Adkins’ mother, Christina Walker of Big Spring and a 2000 Chevrolet Lumina 4-door car into evidence.
   According to the affidavits, investigators believed there was probable cause for evidence of the felony crime of kidnapping contained in the items taken into evidence.
  Adkins and Dunn voluntarily surrendered their cell phones to police. The search warrants requested “all stored electronic and/or wire communications or files for user accounts..., including text messages, text message content and any attachments, including picture message and any other files associated with the account, that relate to the time period of December 25, 2010 to January 7, 2011 from the Cellco Corporation.
   Although the affidavits do not suggest guilt or innocence, investigators stated that “in the course of the missing person investigation, investigators noted numerous inconsistencies in statements made by Adkins and reported suspicious behavior by Adkins on and around the date of Hailey Dunn’s disappearance.”
   According to the affidavits, “the telephone records dispute Adkins’ report that he went straight to his mother’s residence in Big Spring, but show Adkins returned to Colorado City where Hailey Dunn was reported missing.”
   The computer, which belongs to Adkins’ mother, was confiscated because investigations showed Adkins had spent time on Walker’s home computer, a Dell Inspiron 530 computer. It was picked up on Dec. 30 and on Jan. 5 the computer was placed into evidence.
   Because information gathered during the investigation places Adkins as possibly the last person to see Hailey, police determined the 2000 White Chevrolet Lumina, owned by Dunn and jointly driven by both Dunn and Adkins, was the only vehicle available to Adkins at the time and might possibly contain forensic evidence.
   Members of the task force would not comment on a statement contained in the affidavits which state “It is the belief of your affiant (law enforcement officer) that Hailey Dunn was kidnapped and transported to another location against her will.”
   However, investigators are looking at several persons of interest, including Shawn Adkins.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/new-evidence-sheds-light-dunn-case
FishstickKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2011, 03:51:24 PM »

My neice is 13 and has been educated about birth control by me and her mom. She has a boyfriend she "kisses" so I think it's better safe than sorry. I don't see 13 as too young now a days.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.